Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:47 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:48 pm

What MTG said was reprehensible and it's definitely bad for the Republican Party for her to remain in the spotlight.

People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down but they're also more likely to overlook or rationalize inflammatory statements and actions by people they agree or sympathize with.

Has AOChe not encouraged/supported the BLM/AnTiFa rioters? Have they not targeted white elites (in restaurants, outside their homes, etc.)?
I’m sure she encouraged/supported protestors. Don’t remember her doing the same with rioters. Or that she encouraged confrontation against any specific color. Could be wrong though.
Well, the Somalian encouraged confrontation against the Jews.
Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:44 pm
I’m sure she encouraged/supported protestors. Don’t remember her doing the same with rioters. Or that she encouraged confrontation against any specific color. Could be wrong though.
Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel
Omar and the Squat's antisemitism is another thing.

Anyone who called the protests "mostly peaceful" while cities were burning was rationalizing and defending the actions of the less peaceful protesters. Focusing on whether AOChe's words encouraged specific actions of the protesters is deflecting from the truth that supporting the protests without condemning the rioting and looting was de facto support for the rioters. I'm sorry if that reality makes Kalm "uncomfortable".
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:54 pm
Well, the Somalian encouraged confrontation against the Jews. .

Anyone who called the protests "mostly peaceful" while cities were burning was rationalizing and defending the actions of the less peaceful protesters. Focusing on whether AOChe's words encouraged specific actions of the protesters is deflecting from the truth that supporting the protests without condemning the rioting and looting was de facto support for the rioters. I'm sorry if that reality makes Kalm "uncomfortable".
Hey, man. Reading a fellow Republican’s satire on MGT and immediately pivoting to AOC is your discomfort game. I was merely trying to kindly help you out. :lol:

I read a little on AOC’s thoughts on the riots. They reminded me of my own regarding defunding the police. My first thought was ‘man is that some poor branding.’ Next thought was ‘but I suppose asking for “police reform” was already tried, and hadn’t really solved much. It’s not all that surprising that the ante was raised.’

To carry your logic further, condemning AOC for not denouncing violence enough (btw, she did not condone the violence) without recognizing the causes of the civil unrest must represent de facto support for police violence.

Ghandi wanted to make the British “uncomfortable.” Ghandi must have been a violence supporting terrorist?
Last edited by kalm on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I know they all sort of look the same to some, but....that’s not AOC.

Here’s Omar’s quotes in context, her apologies (I’m sure MTG will quickly take the high road here rather than double down... :lol: ), and why Omar’s own chosen words are part of the problem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 am

Hey, man. Reading a fellow Republican’s satire on MGT and immediately pivoting to AOC is your discomfort game. I was merely trying to kindly help you out. :lol:

I read a little on AOC’s thoughts on the riots. They reminded me of my own regarding defunding the police. My first thought was ‘man is that some poor branding.’ Next thought was ‘but I suppose asking for “police reform” was already tried, and hadn’t really solved much. It’s not all that surprising that the ante was raised.’

To carry your logic further, condemning AOC for not denouncing violence enough (btw, she did not condone the violence) without recognizing the causes of the civil unrest must represent de facto support for police violence.

Ghandi wanted to make the British “uncomfortable.” Ghandi must have been a violence supporting terrorist?
Hmmm.....”raising the ante”. Making the government “uncomfortable”. What a concept. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:20 am

Hmmm.....”raising the ante”. Making the government “uncomfortable”. What a concept. :coffee: :coffee:
Glad you agree with me. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

To carry your logic further the peaceful protesting about the election results hadn't worked for the MAGAts who stormed the Capitol so you shouldn't be surprised that the ante was raised.

AOChe has made herself a major voice for the pseudo-progressives and she is representative of them. She has a few good ideas and a lot of stupid ones.

You think Trump is a traitor for saying things that encouraged the Capitol protesters who went on to riot but it was ok for AOOChe and other liberals to say things that encouraged the BLM/AnTiFa protesters who went on to riot. I think they're all poor excuses for leaders.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am

To carry your logic further the peaceful protesting about the election results hadn't worked for the MAGAts who stormed the Capitol so you shouldn't be surprised that the ante was raised.

AOChe has made herself a major voice for the pseudo-progressives and she is representative of them. She has a few good ideas and a lot of stupid ones.

You think Trump is a traitor for saying things that encouraged the Capitol protesters who went on to riot but it was ok for AOOChe and other liberals to say things that encouraged the BLM/AnTiFa protesters who went on to riot. I think they're all poor excuses for leaders.
I’m not all that surprised the ante was raised by Ya’ll Queda. In fact I suspected a decent chance of more violence from the losing side. But I’ll admit to being lulled back into a sense of calm once the Trump fraud arguments became so apparently stupid.

However, the two are not the same for some obvious reasons.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:26 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am

I’m not all that surprised the ante was raised by Ya’ll Queda. In fact I suspected a decent chance of more violence from the losing side. But I’ll admit to being lulled back into a sense of calm once the Trump fraud arguments became so apparently stupid.

Aren’t they? :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:28 am

No. They aren’t. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

No they're not exactly the same. Kalm insists on using differences to dismiss the similarities and corresponding hypocrisy because it fits the narrative that he supports. BDK engages in the same kind of nitpicking when defending Trump.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:48 pm

What MTG said was reprehensible and it's definitely bad for the Republican Party for her to remain in the spotlight.

People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down but they're also more likely to overlook or rationalize inflammatory statements and actions by people they agree or sympathize with.

Has AOChe not encouraged/supported the BLM/AnTiFa rioters? Have they not targeted white elites (in restaurants, outside their homes, etc.)?
She never disavowed that guy in the PNW that died trying to blow up a gubmint facility. His manifest claimed he was inspired by AOChe's (stealing that one UNI) rhetoric.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 am

No they're not exactly the same. Kalm insists on using differences to dismiss the similarities and corresponding hypocrisy because it fits the narrative that he supports. BDK engages in the same kind of nitpicking when defending Trump.
Kalm's and BDK's mental gymnastics on this issue are quite the spectacle.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

One has been far more prevalent in modern American culture and IMO less of a threat to national unity and democracy than the other. This where centrist orthodoxy is narrow minded. The two sides of the spectrum, or as you suggest, "narrative" aren't even fighting the same battle for fucks sake.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:43 am
One has been far more prevalent in modern American culture and IMO less of a threat to national unity and democracy than the other. This where centrist orthodoxy is narrow minded. The two sides of the spectrum, or as you suggest, "narrative" aren't even fighting the same battle for fucks sake.
Interesting on several levels. One, it could be argued that Ya'll Qaeda is far more prevalent in modern American culture but I'm not sure if it less of a threat to national unity and democracy. Two, IMO our differences are a huge part of what has made us great so "national unity" isn't necessarily a good thing. Finally, we're a republic not a democracy, minority opinions matter (MOM) too. :coffee:
Last edited by UNI88 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 am
Well, the Somalian encouraged confrontation against the Jews. .
I know they all sort of look the same to some, but....that’s not AOC.

Here’s Omar’s quotes in context, her apologies (I’m sure MTG will quickly take the high road here rather than double down... :lol: ), and why Omar’s own chosen words are part of the problem.
I knw it wasn't AOChe. That's why I said "the Somalian". The members of the Squat are interchangeable..
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Everyone knew American democracy wouldn't end with Trump except for liberal scholars living in a bubble and leftist wackos. It's pointless to try and compare "threat to democracy" from both sides.

But if I have to choose between Trump ostensibly trading weapons for political favors versus swampy donks and Janet Yellen taking bribes from Wall Street in the form of speaking fees I'll take Trump's brand of corruption and I care little which one is legal.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:

WTF was she doing in in WV? And notice she didn't inform Manchin that she was travelling to his state. :suspicious: He said he knew nothing about it, and sounded pissed. Manchin:
“I saw [the interview], I couldn’t believe it. No one called me [about it]. We’re going to try to find a bipartisan pathway forward, but we need to work together. That’s not a way of working together.”
https://www.kabc.com/news/manchin-blind ... irus-plan/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Think about it for a hot minute....
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:35 pm

There are bound to be some similarities but in the more recent battles, no. Racially driven police violence is not the same fight as stopping a worldwide pedojew ring with freaking lazer beams.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... or-greene/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:31 am Everyone knew American democracy wouldn't end with Trump except for liberal scholars living in a bubble and leftist wackos. It's pointless to try and compare "threat to democracy" from both sides.

But if I have to choose between Trump ostensibly trading weapons for political favors versus swampy donks and Janet Yellen taking bribes from Wall Street in the form of speaking fees I'll take Trump's brand of corruption and I care little which one is legal.
There are around 15-20 million Trump followers who hoped it would end. At least the more recent version of American Democracy that’s attempting to be a little kinder.

As for Yellen...welcome to American politics! :lol:

I suppose you weren’t a fan of Loeffler and Perdue?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 am

There are bound to be some similarities but in the more recent battles, no. Racially driven police violence is not the same fight as stopping a worldwide pedojew ring with freaking lazer beams.

Is there racially driven police violence? Yes. Is it a huge problem? There is quite a bit of statistical data that says it isn't.

Are there members of the alt-right who have bought into the Qanon conspiracy BS? Yes. Are they the majority? I don't know. I'm pretty sure that there a lot of people on the right who feel that their government is more interested in feathering their own nests and perpetuating the myth that big government is good than they are in actually leading this country. Supporting Trump was an FU to the big government types.

Enablers keep throwing up MTG and her ilk to shine the spotlight away from some of the legitimate concerns of Trump supporters and the failings of big government.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:02 am

Is there racially driven police violence? Yes. Is it a huge problem? There is quite a bit of statistical data that says it isn't.

Are there members of the alt-right who have bought into the Qanon conspiracy BS? Yes. Are they the majority? I don't know. I'm pretty sure that there a lot of people on the right who feel that their government is more interested in feathering their own nests and perpetuating the myth that big government is good than they are in actually leading this country. Supporting Trump was an FU to the big government types.

Enablers keep throwing up MTG and her ilk to shine the spotlight away from some of the legitimate concerns of Trump supporters and the failings of big government.
Enablers? Who are the enablers and what are they enabling?

:suspicious:

As for the rest, something, something...and Mussolini trains on time.

Whether you think police violence is a legit concern or not, civil unrest over that is a different battle than accepting electoral defeat.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Come on, klammy. You’re smarter than that. What’s gone on this past 10 months has gone SO far beyond “racially driven police violence” as to be almost comical. That is NOT what ANTIFA/BLM protesting/rioting is about anymore.

Both sides think the OTHER side is fascist, Nazi, etc., etc. Both sides think the country’s future is at stake if they don’t act. Both sides use questionable decision-making and tactics to get their point across. Both sides are “mostly peaceful” with breakouts of violence. Both sides think they’re saving the republic.

At the end of the day, there are way more similarities than differences. Just depends on which side you agree with. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 am
Pwns wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:31 am Everyone knew American democracy wouldn't end with Trump except for liberal scholars living in a bubble and leftist wackos. It's pointless to try and compare "threat to democracy" from both sides.

There are around 15-20 million Trump followers who hoped it would end. At least the more recent version of American Democracy that’s attempting to be a little kinder.

As for Yellen...welcome to American politics! :lol:

I suppose you weren’t a fan of Loeffler and Perdue?
You know 15-20 million Trump followers and what they think? :shock: :shock: