Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:46 am
Ibanez wrote: I think some of that is easing (at least anecdotal). We had someone quote us on a fence at mom's house. He said lumber prices had dropped 35-40% recently. The inflation is more than just Bidens 6 months in office. Transitory issues like supply chain disruptions, stalled projects, stimulus $$, unemployment are the cause. It's more than just Biden.
It is true that some of those factors are contributing, but Congressional Dems are using that as cover to claim that all of the current inflation is transitory... that’s a lie.

We are heading for another 3-4% when that 4T “infrastructure” bill gets rammed through on reconciliation.

Our children and grandchildren are going to hate our fucking guts and they’ll be right
:nod: They're the ones who are going to be paying for it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: I think some of that is easing (at least anecdotal). We had someone quote us on a fence at mom's house. He said lumber prices had dropped 35-40% recently. The inflation is more than just Bidens 6 months in office. Transitory issues like supply chain disruptions, stalled projects, stimulus $$, unemployment are the cause. It's more than just Biden.
It is true that some of those factors are contributing, but Congressional Dems are using that as cover to claim that all of the current inflation is transitory... that’s a lie.

We are heading for another 3-4% when that 4T “infrastructure” bill gets rammed through on reconciliation.

Our children and grandchildren are going to hate our fucking guts and they’ll be right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our children / grandchildren were going to hate our guts LONG before Trump and Biden got their paws on the reins of government. We've been spending ourselves into oblivion for a long long time.

We're heading for an even worse cliff in September, IMO. How many people with student loans, who haven't been paying and are unemployed, are going to default? And how loud is the choir going to get to erase that debt? It's already happening and getting louder and louder. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 am

FUCK THE KIDS!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:46 am It is true that some of those factors are contributing, but Congressional Dems are using that as cover to claim that all of the current inflation is transitory... that’s a lie.

Our children / grandchildren were going to hate our guts LONG before Trump and Biden got their paws on the reins of government. We've been spending ourselves into oblivion for a long long time.

We're heading for an even worse cliff in September, IMO. How many people with student loans, who haven't been paying and are unemployed, are going to default? And how loud is the choir going to get to erase that debt? It's already happening and getting louder and louder. :twocents:
The piper keeps getting put off but sooner or later it will come due.

Brother just graduated from college and we have discussed college debt and he wants nothing to do with it being forgiven. He worked his a$$ off during college to graduate with only a little bit of debt and "forgiveness" is nothing but a slap in the face to those sacrifices.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:02 am
Ibanez wrote: Our children / grandchildren were going to hate our guts LONG before Trump and Biden got their paws on the reins of government. We've been spending ourselves into oblivion for a long long time.

Brother just graduated from college and we have discussed college debt and he wants nothing to do with it being forgiven. He worked his a$$ off during college to graduate with only a little bit of debt and "forgiveness" is nothing but a slap in the face to those sacrifices.
+6.93. My wife and I both paid for our own college with no parental support. We started 529 plans when our kids were born and have religiously put money into them every month. Have enough saved to pay for 4 years of state school for each of them. Apparently we should have went on fancy vacations, got new cars and other toys every year, etc. and expected the government to pay for it.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Our children / grandchildren were going to hate our guts LONG before Trump and Biden got their paws on the reins of government. We've been spending ourselves into oblivion for a long long time.

I've almost paid off mine and we have my wife grad school debt. It sucks and I would LOVE to have that extra money each money to put into investments and my daughters 529...but I incurred the debt. I don't expect someone else to pay it off for me and then be saddled with national debt that'll hurt us even more.

Even if they cancelled all debt tomorrow - will it be treated as taxable income? Now the people that couldn't repay have an extra large tax bill they have to figure out a payment plan on?

Then again, it's all fiat money so does it really matter? :lol: Kramer says they just "write it off..."
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 am

FUCK THE KIDS!
This.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

FUCK THE KIDS!
The George Carlin estate is demanding royalties! :rule: :bad:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:26 am

FUCK THE KIDS!
This.
I don’t know what all the bitching is about. We just put a man nearly into space!!!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Look at the hate Biden and the Democrats have brought upon the nation. Reading the comments, not much sympathy.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Damn white supremacists at it again.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:28 am Damn white supremacists at it again.
I think the guy on the bike mostly fell down due to tripping over the bike. Pretty weak punch. Probably tucked his thumb into his fist.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Agreed with the out of control spending. Disagree on the student debt getting wiped. If it was going to happen, this Congress and POTUS would have been the ones to do it, and that one one of the first "promises/platforms" they backtracked on.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 am Look at the hate Biden and the Democrats have brought upon the nation. Reading the comments, not much sympathy.

It isn't the long fall that kills a narrative... it's the sudden stop
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 am

Agreed with the out of control spending. Disagree on the student debt getting wiped. If it was going to happen, this Congress and POTUS would have been the ones to do it, and that one one of the first "promises/platforms" they backtracked on.
It could still happen. I wouldn't get too hung up on campaign promises. Mexico didn't pay for the wall, Obamacare wasn't repealed and HRC wasn't jailed. GWB1 raised taxes. Wilson said he would keep us out of WW1, Johnson said he wasn't going to send boys to Vietnam. Nixon's whole, " peace with honor" BS. Lots of campaign 'promises' are broken once the candidate enters office.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Bottom clip: Love how the guy uses the typical "don't touch me" tactic on the fake Antifa reporter by walking behind him and standing his ground until the guy walks into him, but not cool on the guy outsizing that dude by what looks to be 70 lbs. Pick on someone your own size.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
DHS has penned up about 1000 of them under a bridge because there’s nowhere to put them

CBP released about 50,000 in the last couple weeks without court dates .. which doesn’t matter because there’s about a 95% no show rate currently

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:18 am

+6.93. My wife and I both paid for our own college with no parental support. We started 529 plans when our kids were born and have religiously put money into them every month. Have enough saved to pay for 4 years of state school for each of them. Apparently we should have went on fancy vacations, got new cars and other toys every year, etc. and expected the government to pay for it.
Same here. I worked in a bicycle shop and joined the Army Reserves to graduate debt free. Wife worked nights in a bar to graduate debt free.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm
SDHornet wrote:
DHS has penned up about 1000 of them under a bridge because there’s nowhere to put them

CBP released about 50,000 in the last couple weeks without court dates .. which doesn’t matter because there’s about a 95% no show rate currently

I'm sure they let them go after they tested negative for the China Virus.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:32 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm

I'm sure they let them go after they tested negative for the China Virus.
And I bet they were all vaccinated…
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Just Biden* continuing his racist ways. :coffee:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Another Dem pedo. Jon, you vote for this piece of shit?
PHOENIX — State Senator Tony Navarrete has been arrested Thursday evening in connection to a child sex crime investigation, police and multiple other sources confirm.

35-year-old Navarrete serves Arizona’s 30th District, which covers parts of west Phoenix and Glendale.

According to court documents, a 16-year-old boy said he previously lived with Navarette and says he woke up to Navarette touching him inappropriately and then performing sex acts on him. This allegedly occurred more than five times and began when he was 12 to 13-years-old and lasted until the victim was 15.
https://www.abc15.com/news/state/arizon ... es-unclear
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

After 2 Chicago officers shot, cops shun Mayor Lightfoot at hospital visit as morale sinks to ‘all-time low’
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/af ... uxbndlbing

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Kids in cages still a thing or nah?