BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 am The left is doing what Biden said he would do (ban francking and get rid of fossil fuels) and these TX donks are acting surprised... :coffee:
No, no, no. He said in the debates that wasn't what he said he would do.
After he said it during the donk primary..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 am The left is doing what Biden said he would do (ban francking and get rid of fossil fuels) and these TX donks are acting surprised... :coffee:
No, no, no. He said in the debates that wasn't what he said he would do.
I'm not sure Biden even really knows what fracking is.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

From a guy who along with his wife own a private jet, yacht, multiple mansions, and numerous cars: Learn to solar panel!

And this guy has been appointed "climate envoy" by Biden :lol: Kerry has zero credibility lecturing anyone about "climate change" :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Moved to Gaffe thread.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

10% for the big guy...

DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 pm From a guy who along with his wife own a private jet, yacht, multiple mansions, and numerous cars: Learn to solar panel!

And this guy has been appointed "climate envoy" by Biden :lol: Kerry has zero credibility lecturing anyone about "climate change" :roll:
Ironic that solar panels are made cheaply using Chinese slave labor. The same Chinese slave labor that Democrats bury their heads in the sand about constantly. And Democrat lawmakers push to increase imports from China and end the tariffs which completely undermines any increase in American solar panel production.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 pm From a guy who along with his wife own a private jet, yacht, multiple mansions, and numerous cars: Learn to solar panel!

So tone deaf. :ohno:

Like a billionaire heathen saying he's the champion for the religious and downtrodden in this country.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:14 am

So tone deaf. :ohno:

Like a billionaire heathen rapist with 5 children from 3 marriages saying he's the champion for the religious and downtrodden in this country.
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

(The longer version must have gotten censored by twitter):

A Terminated Pipeline Worker Breaking Down Is the Face Joe Biden Refuses to Look At
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2021 ... at-n318626
But like Kerry said, he can learn to solar..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 pm (The longer version must have gotten censored by twitter):

A Terminated Pipeline Worker Breaking Down Is the Face Joe Biden Refuses to Look At
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: Another person loses their job b/c of Biden. BOY! I sho am glad nobody lost their jobs b/c of a policy or decision made by Trump.

Another person who lost their job b/c of that son of a bitch, Biden
Spoiler: show
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 pm (The longer version must have gotten censored by twitter):

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: Another person loses their job b/c of Biden. BOY! I sho am glad nobody lost their jobs b/c of a policy or decision made by Trump.

Well, 11k jobs lost Keystone shutdown + 5k southern border wall construction shutdown. Most of those are good paying union jobs..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

:lol: That rat bastard Biden!

Kerry isn't wrong - he and others can learn another skill and find another job. The hypocrisy comes if the Donks let Chinese companies undercut the market and inhibit the development of solar jobs in America.

To find another job, this guy and others like him are likely going to have to move. While I have no problem with that expectation it should also be applied to people who are unemployed for other reasons. There are jobs out there but you might have to make sacrifices like moving to get them. Americans have moved to pursue prosperity for hundreds of years, why is it now an unreasonable expectation?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:17 pm

Ironic that solar panels are made cheaply using Chinese slave labor. The same Chinese slave labor that Democrats bury their heads in the sand about constantly. And Democrat lawmakers push to increase imports from China and end the tariffs which completely undermines any increase in American solar panel production.
The bottom line, although it belongs in the meme thread:
China Joe..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Well, 11k jobs lost Keystone shutdown + 5k southern border wall construction shutdown. Most of those are good paying union jobs..
Job losses are going to occur under any president, whether it's by their action (Biden) or inaction (Trump).
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 pm
Job losses are going to occur under any president, whether it's by their action (Biden) or inaction (Trump).
In this case you had union leadership hyping Biden* claiming he'd stick up for their jobs...then Biden* used his pen and phone and eliminated the jobs that these union leaders were supposedly fighting for. Hard to feel sorry for anyone that bought in to what the union leadership was selling them.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:31 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:05 pm
In this case you had union leadership hyping Biden* claiming he'd stick up for their jobs...then Biden* used his pen and phone and eliminated the jobs that these union leaders were supposedly fighting for. Hard to feel sorry for anyone that bought in to what the union leadership was selling them.
I wonder how badly Trump's tariffs hurt union jobs in 4 years compared to Biden's pen in 1 day.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:35 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:31 pm

I wonder how badly Trump's tariffs hurt union jobs in 4 years compared to Biden's pen in 1 day.
Good question. From my anecdotal view, not much. Our construction projects were going gangbusters before and after the tariffs. Biggest issue we encountered were costs of materials increasing and longer lead times for certain items coming in from China. I suppose that meant less work at the docks/transport companies until non-Chinese suppliers were found.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Help! Help! A conservative is being cancelled!!!
Hello, I am a congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives, and it has come to my attention that some want to see newly elected Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene expelled from Congress.

While I may not agree with everything the Georgia lawmaker says, I think expulsion is wholly unwarranted. After all, who among us hasn’t, from time to time, openly supported the execution of some of our colleagues?

Has Rep. Greene embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory about a global cabal of liberal child abusers, claimed that school shootings such as the one in Parkland, Florida, were staged and probably spent time in the produce section of her local grocery store screaming at organic radishes because she thinks they’re communists? Yes, definitely on the first two things, and probably on the last one.

But what about the things she does and thinks about that aren’t insane? Things like debt reduction, maybe. Or getting tough on immigration in ways that don’t involve murder, possibly.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... story.html
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:08 am Help! Help! A conservative is being cancelled!!!
Hello, I am a congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives, and it has come to my attention that some want to see newly elected Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene expelled from Congress.

While I may not agree with everything the Georgia lawmaker says, I think expulsion is wholly unwarranted. After all, who among us hasn’t, from time to time, openly supported the execution of some of our colleagues?

Has Rep. Greene embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory about a global cabal of liberal child abusers, claimed that school shootings such as the one in Parkland, Florida, were staged and probably spent time in the produce section of her local grocery store screaming at organic radishes because she thinks they’re communists? Yes, definitely on the first two things, and probably on the last one.

But what about the things she does and thinks about that aren’t insane? Things like debt reduction, maybe. Or getting tough on immigration in ways that don’t involve murder, possibly.
:rofl: That's some good satire.

Questions for you:
  • How far in the past or how young does a political/thought leader have to be to say or do something vile for it to be forgivable? I ask because liberals have no problem with the things that Bobby Rush said and did. They defended Obama's relationship with Jeremiah Wright.
  • Are they outraged because of what MTG said or is the true source of their outrage who her target was? It's ok to target wealthy white elites but it is absolutely not ok to target crusading social justice warriors such as AOChe.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:30 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:08 am Help! Help! A conservative is being cancelled!!!

Questions for you:
  • How far in the past or how young does a political/thought leader have to be to say or do something vile for it to be forgivable? I ask because liberals have no problem with the things that Bobby Rush said and did. They defended Obama's relationship with Jeremiah Wright.
  • Are they outraged because of what MTG said or is the true source of their outrage who her target was? It's ok to target wealthy white elites but it is absolutely not ok to target crusading social justice warriors such as AOChe.
1) I don't know. Whether or not it disqualifies a candidate is up to voters. In the case of MTG, it's up to her fellow congressional caucus or in the case of impeachment, the entire congress. I'll add that MTG continuing to remain in the spotlight might not be the best thing for Republicans.

2) People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down. I do think threats will be taken more seriously after Jan. 6th. And yes, this includes Maxine Waters. Targeting with suggestions of violence similar to what MTG said is not something I've seen AOChe levy at white elites.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:17 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:30 am

Questions for you:
1) I don't know. Whether or not it disqualifies a candidate is up to voters. In the case of MTG, it's up to her fellow congressional caucus or in the case of impeachment, the entire congress. I'll add that MTG continuing to remain in the spotlight might not be the best thing for Republicans.

2) People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down. I do think threats will be taken more seriously after Jan. 6th. And yes, this includes Maxine Waters. Targeting with suggestions of violence similar to what MTG said is not something I've seen AOChe levy at white elites.
What MTG said was reprehensible and it's definitely bad for the Republican Party for her to remain in the spotlight.

People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down but they're also more likely to overlook or rationalize inflammatory statements and actions by people they agree or sympathize with.

Has AOChe not encouraged/supported the BLM/AnTiFa rioters? Have they not targeted white elites (in restaurants, outside their homes, etc.)?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AOChe. That is awesome.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:48 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:17 am

What MTG said was reprehensible and it's definitely bad for the Republican Party for her to remain in the spotlight.

People have less of a problem with punching sideways or up than down but they're also more likely to overlook or rationalize inflammatory statements and actions by people they agree or sympathize with.

Has AOChe not encouraged/supported the BLM/AnTiFa rioters? Have they not targeted white elites (in restaurants, outside their homes, etc.)?
I’m sure she encouraged/supported protestors. Don’t remember her doing the same with rioters. Or that she encouraged confrontation against any specific color. Could be wrong though.