Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:11 am
That pretty much nails it..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Buckle in folks, they're gonna do it again... :ohno:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:33 am Buckle in folks, they're gonna do it again... :ohno:

:crybaby: :roll:

This ain't nothing, my first mortgage was 10.5%.

I made it work, why do you deserve special treatment? :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:33 am Buckle in folks, they're gonna do it again... :ohno:

Sounds like we need to securitize those loans.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 am

They probably will. When it blows up again, the Donks will blame the Conks...again.

To me, it sounds like we don't need to make those loans in the first place.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

While it's for Davos, I'm sure the percentage applies to our woke.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am

They probably will. When it blows up again, the Donks will blame the Conks...again.

Agreed.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Guaranteed they will (and are). The lack of basic economic understanding in this administration is effing frightening. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Guaranteed they will (and are). The lack of basic economic understanding in this administration is effing frightening. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
So we all agree that the loans shouldn’t be made. That’s the root that leads to further toxicity in the market, moral hazard, etc.

Do we also agree that homeownership increases GDP and grows the construction and finance industries? If so, how do we achieve increasing homeownership the right way?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:28 pm

So we all agree that the loans shouldn’t be made. That’s the root that leads to further toxicity in the market, moral hazard, etc.

Do we also agree that homeownership increases GDP and grows the construction and finance industries? If so, how do we achieve increasing homeownership the right way?
Step one would be to promote personal savings instead of relying on government programs for retirement.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

When the Marines go woke, the transformation is complete..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:00 pm When the Marines go woke, the transformation is complete..
Transformation to what? Every other military who won wars with soldiers somewhere on the spectrum of human sexuality. As in every military and war in history?

Do you need a safe space?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:27 pm

Step one would be to promote personal savings instead of relying on government programs for retirement.
And make usury illegal.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:16 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:00 pm When the Marines go woke, the transformation is complete..
Transformation to what? Every other military who won wars with soldiers somewhere on the spectrum of human sexuality. As in every military and war in history?

Nice red herring..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:40 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:16 am

Nice red herring..
You posted it. I was asking sincere questions that you don’t want to answer. It’s ok.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:20 am

And make usury illegal.
In what way?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:57 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:20 am

And make usury illegal.
In what way?
Biblical. I agree with you on what SHOULD happen but usury laws of morals are about as realistic as putting the economic self reliance genie back in the bottle.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:33 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:57 am

In what way?
Biblical. I agree with you on what SHOULD happen but usury laws of morals are about as realistic as putting the economic self reliance genie back in the bottle.
I guess I am still trying to understand how and in what cases you would ban them. If one is engaging in a higher risk business venture and one needs to borrow money, I do not have a problem with the loan interest rates following the risk.

You might need to spell it out for me using an example. I am a bit slow today. :lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:33 am Biblical. I agree with you on what SHOULD happen but usury laws of morals are about as realistic as putting the economic self reliance genie back in the bottle.
I guess I am still trying to understand how and in what cases you would ban them. If one is engaging in a higher risk business venture and one needs to borrow money, I do not have a problem with the loan interest rates following the risk.

You might need to spell it out for me using an example. I am a bit slow today. Image
It's his anti-Semitism coming out. Can we call him a facist now? :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Winterborn wrote:

You might need to spell it out for me using an example. I am a bit slow today. Image
It's his anti-Semitism coming out. Can we call him a facist now? :D

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:51 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:33 am

You might need to spell it out for me using an example. I am a bit slow today. :lol:
That’s kind of my point. People live beyond their means. They should spend less and save more. Sales of new homes, SUV’s, iPhones, tractors, and golf clubs come to halt.

In order to experience exponential economic growth lending becomes part of solution.

If living within their means is a cure, this would include financing. But that genie is out of the bottle.

For example, the Buy Now Pay Later market was $125 billion in 2021 and predicted to see massive growth. It also requires little in the way of credit checks or reporting to agencies which can skew economic numbers like household debt.

I’m not actually suggesting usury laws but their concept jives with your fiscal responsibility mindset, no?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:51 am I guess I am still trying to understand how and in what cases you would ban them. If one is engaging in a higher risk business venture and one needs to borrow money, I do not have a problem with the loan interest rates following the risk.

That’s kind of my point. People live beyond their means. They should spend less and save more. Sales of new homes, SUV’s, iPhones, tractors, and golf clubs come to halt.

In order to experience exponential economic growth lending becomes part of solution.

If living within their means is a cure, this would include financing. But that genie is out of the bottle.

For example, the Buy Now Pay Later market was $125 billion in 2021 and predicted to see massive growth. It also requires little in the way of credit checks or reporting to agencies which can skew economic numbers like household debt.

I’m not actually suggesting usury laws but their concept jives with your fiscal responsibility mindset, no?
If there is no usury, how do you earn interest on your savings? If there is inflation and your savings doesn't earn interest, the buying power of the money you save drops.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:54 am
kalm wrote:

If there is no usury, how do you earn interest on your savings? If there is inflation and your savings doesn't earn interest, the buying power of the money you save drops.

Great questions. Isn’t usury actually defined as unreasonable interest? Can it not also lead to inflation?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

:lol:

What savings? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Groomers. :lol: