Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:46 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:40 pm
Make that 19 billion.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/tar ... ing-misses
Go woke, go broke..
This past week, the day after news broke that Bud Lights sales were down 30%:
Bud Light Just Keeps on Digging, Donates $200K to National LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/0 ... ce-n754121
They aren't going to be distracted by the yapping of small dogs, BDKaren. They're putting their money where their mouth is because they understand the difference in size between the two demographics. Your crowd spends so much time yapping in their back yard to their fellow chihuahuas that they've come to believe that they actually amount to something when the reality is quite different. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:46 pm
This past week, the day after news broke that Bud Lights sales were down 30%:
Bud Light Just Keeps on Digging, Donates $200K to National LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/0 ... ce-n754121
They aren't going to be distracted by the yapping of small dogs, BDKaren. They're putting their money where their mouth is because they understand the difference in size between the two demographics. Your crowd spends so much time yapping in their back yard to their fellow chihuahuas that they've come to believe that they actually amount to something when the reality is quite different. :coffee:
Yeah, that’s why they were down 30% in sales/19 billion in share price last week. :dunce: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI’88…

Turns out your word “illiberal” is represented by a different group overseas. ;)
Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church, a staunch supporter of Russian president Vladimir Putin and his invasion of Ukraine, last week awarded the First Degree of the Order of Glory and Honor from the Russian Orthodox Church to Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán.

Orbán has dismantled Hungary’s liberal democratic government in favor of what he calls “illiberal” or “Christian” democracy that rejects LGBTQ and women’s rights, claiming that the equality valued by liberal democracies undermines traditional virtue. Kirill called out for praise Orbán’s “great attention to the preservation of Christian values in society and the strengthening of the institution of family and marriage.”

This award makes explicit the link between the Putin regime, which has been committing war crimes against Ukraine’s people, and Orbán, who is such a hero to America’s right wing that the Conservative Political Action Conference has twice gathered in Hungary, most recently just last month. Orbán has called for Trump’s reelection.

The common thread among these groups is a rejection of democracy, with its emphasis on equality before the law, and the embrace of a hierarchical world in which some people are better than others and have the right to rule.

In Poland today, an estimated half a million people marched in the streets to protest the loss of rights for women and LGBTQ people amid an attack on democracy by the nationalist Law and Justice party (PiS), which condemned the protest as a “march of hate.” Leaders for PiS claim they are only trying to protect traditional Christian values from Western ideas.

Today is the 34th anniversary of the first democratic elections in Poland in 1989 as the Soviet Union was disintegrating. Former Polish prime minister and president of the European Council Donald Tusk, who called for the march, told the crowd: "Democracy dies in silence but you've raised your voice for democracy today, silence is over, we will shout.”

Today is also the 34th anniversary of the Chinese government’s crackdown on demonstrations for democracy in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, with troops firing on their own citizens.

For 22 weeks now, hundreds of thousands of Israelis have been protesting in the streets against the plans of right-wing prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government to overhaul the judiciary, weakening the country’s system of checks and balances by shifting power to Netanyahu, and threatening the rights of minorities and marginalized groups.

In Sudan today, the war between two military generals who seized power from a democratic government continues. Tens of thousands of Sudan’s people have fled the country since the fighting broke out in April.

The political career of Florida governor Ron DeSantis is the epitome of Orbán’s “Christian democracy” come to the United States. DeSantis has imitated Orbán’s politics, striking at the principles of liberal democracy with attacks on LGBTQ Americans, abortion rights, academic freedom, and the ability of businesses to react to market forces rather than religious imperatives. Last week he told an audience that “the woke mind virus represents a war on the truth so we will wage a war on the woke. We will fight the woke in education, we will fight the woke in the corporations, we will fight the woke in the halls of congress. We will never, ever surrender to the woke mob. We will make woke ideology leave it to the dustbin of history; it’s gone.”
https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... medium=web
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:15 am UNI’88…

Turns out your word “illiberal” is represented by a different group overseas. ;)
Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church, a staunch supporter of Russian president Vladimir Putin and his invasion of Ukraine, last week awarded the First Degree of the Order of Glory and Honor from the Russian Orthodox Church to Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán.

Orbán has dismantled Hungary’s liberal democratic government in favor of what he calls “illiberal” or “Christian” democracy that rejects LGBTQ and women’s rights, claiming that the equality valued by liberal democracies undermines traditional virtue. Kirill called out for praise Orbán’s “great attention to the preservation of Christian values in society and the strengthening of the institution of family and marriage.”

This award makes explicit the link between the Putin regime, which has been committing war crimes against Ukraine’s people, and Orbán, who is such a hero to America’s right wing that the Conservative Political Action Conference has twice gathered in Hungary, most recently just last month. Orbán has called for Trump’s reelection.

The common thread among these groups is a rejection of democracy, with its emphasis on equality before the law, and the embrace of a hierarchical world in which some people are better than others and have the right to rule.

In Poland today, an estimated half a million people marched in the streets to protest the loss of rights for women and LGBTQ people amid an attack on democracy by the nationalist Law and Justice party (PiS), which condemned the protest as a “march of hate.” Leaders for PiS claim they are only trying to protect traditional Christian values from Western ideas.

Today is the 34th anniversary of the first democratic elections in Poland in 1989 as the Soviet Union was disintegrating. Former Polish prime minister and president of the European Council Donald Tusk, who called for the march, told the crowd: "Democracy dies in silence but you've raised your voice for democracy today, silence is over, we will shout.”

Today is also the 34th anniversary of the Chinese government’s crackdown on demonstrations for democracy in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, with troops firing on their own citizens.

For 22 weeks now, hundreds of thousands of Israelis have been protesting in the streets against the plans of right-wing prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government to overhaul the judiciary, weakening the country’s system of checks and balances by shifting power to Netanyahu, and threatening the rights of minorities and marginalized groups.

In Sudan today, the war between two military generals who seized power from a democratic government continues. Tens of thousands of Sudan’s people have fled the country since the fighting broke out in April.

The political career of Florida governor Ron DeSantis is the epitome of Orbán’s “Christian democracy” come to the United States. DeSantis has imitated Orbán’s politics, striking at the principles of liberal democracy with attacks on LGBTQ Americans, abortion rights, academic freedom, and the ability of businesses to react to market forces rather than religious imperatives. Last week he told an audience that “the woke mind virus represents a war on the truth so we will wage a war on the woke. We will fight the woke in education, we will fight the woke in the corporations, we will fight the woke in the halls of congress. We will never, ever surrender to the woke mob. We will make woke ideology leave it to the dustbin of history; it’s gone.”
What's different about the group overseas? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:45 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:15 am UNI’88…

What's different about the group overseas? :?
US illiberals force woke culture in a tyranny of the minority. They’re represented by the left.

Foreigners just invade other countries, run people over with tanks, and pass anti-woke laws.

Florida is trying foreign style illiberalism.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: The Official

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:04 pm
I hope every adult feels awkward if they have this strange desire to talk about sex with underage children. You don't? :suspicious:

Nice try. There is only one side who feels it is their life's goal to prey on children and recruit them to participate in their Diversity & Oppression Olympics.

Psssst...it ain't the Conks.
Awkward indeed. Which side again is pushing the debate on “groomers” and drag shows?

And you must have missed all of the recent and historic sexual abuse cases involving churches, youth leaders, scout troop leaders, right wing politicians, etc.

The level of politicization of abuse and projection from THAT side is truly impressive.

Having grown up in the 80’s, this is all clearly the work of…………….SATAN?!?

:lol:
Drag shows have been around FOREVER. RuPaul has had a national TV show for at least 15 years now, and nobody has ever cared. The righties may have turned their noses up at it, but that's it.

Nobody basically gave a damn about adults performing and enjoying drag shows for adults. The debate got pushed when they started to recruit children into that world. It's not that difficult to understand.

Yeah, the Catholic church was running a pedo ring. They're getting what they deserve, and they deserve so much more. That's isn't a political story or problem though. If anything the Catholic Church leans left.

There is a 'new' and growing movement on the Left and ONLY on the Left to make MAP's (minor attracted persons as they call them) a protected class. This is a growing movement inside your tribe trying to legalize, normalize, and mainstream pedophilia. If that isn't grooming, what is? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 am

Awkward indeed. Which side again is pushing the debate on “groomers” and drag shows?

And you must have missed all of the recent and historic sexual abuse cases involving churches, youth leaders, scout troop leaders, right wing politicians, etc.

The level of politicization of abuse and projection from THAT side is truly impressive.

Having grown up in the 80’s, this is all clearly the work of…………….SATAN?!?

:lol:
Drag shows have been around FOREVER. RuPaul has had a national TV show for at least 15 years now, and nobody has ever cared. The righties may have turned their noses up at it, but that's it.

Nobody basically gave a damn about adults performing and enjoying drag shows for adults. The debate got pushed when they started to recruit children into that world. It's not that difficult to understand.

Yeah, the Catholic church was running a pedo ring. They're getting what they deserve, and they deserve so much more. That's isn't a political story or problem though. If anything the Catholic Church leans left.

There is a 'new' and growing movement on the Left and ONLY on the Left to make MAP's (minor attracted persons as they call them) a protected class. This is a growing movement inside your tribe trying to legalize, normalize, and mainstream pedophilia. If that isn't grooming, what is? :coffee:
Yeegads!

That sounds almost fascist!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Finally, some sanity.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... th-service
UK National Health Service bans puberty blockers for gender transitions for minors
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:41 am Finally, some sanity.

UK National Health Service bans puberty blockers for gender transitions for minors
Way to stay focused on the big issues. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:41 am Finally, some sanity.

What other woke issue is currently bigger?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:45 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 pm

Climate change....
food insecurity....

Pay more attention when I'm talkin to ya, son, I won't always be here to help you through life.... :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:03 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:45 pm

Climate change....
food insecurity....

Pay more attention when I'm talkin to ya, son, I won't always be here to help you through life.... :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Any news on the woke foil gras farmer in Louisiana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:18 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:03 am

Climate change....
food insecurity....

Canadian Forestry data disproves the climate change angle on the forest fires. If our climate is getting hotter, how come the trend in fires is decreasing. This is why they had to change the term from global cooling to global warming, finally to "climate change".

I'll be damned. Lodgepole Pine needs fire for its seeds. Now how does that happen? I'm going to say that's part of a natural cycle.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:38 am
Canadian Forestry data disproves the climate change angle on the forest fires. If our climate is getting hotter, how come the trend in fires is decreasing. This is why they had to change the term from global cooling to global warming, finally to "climate change".

I'll be damned. Lodgepole Pine needs fire for its seeds. Now how does that happen? I'm going to say that's part of a natural cycle.

Sounding a little punch-drunk from the regular bitch-slappings you've been taking on just about everything you've commented on recently, why don't you take a few days of and let the embarassment subside a bit?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

What do lodgepole pines have to do with NY smoke?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:02 pm

How about you tell me how a Lodgepole Pine develops the need for fire to release its seeds?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:15 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:02 pm

How about you tell me how a Lodgepole Pine develops the need for fire to release its seeds?
It evolved with wildfire. Same as Ponderosas. The adult trees are also fairly fire resistant. The fires would burn through the saplings and under brush leaving the mature pines intact. Until we started putting out the fires and failed to harvest salvage timber.

Still has little to do with Eastern Canadian smoke and climate change which are both very real and observable.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Maybe we should just stop fighting forest fires. They all burn themselves out, and are healthy in the long run for the forests, and long run would lead to smaller forest fires.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:15 pm

It evolved with wildfire. Same as Ponderosas. The adult trees are also fairly fire resistant. The fires would burn through the saplings and under brush leaving the mature pines intact. Until we started putting out the fires and failed to harvest salvage timber.

Still has little to do with Eastern Canadian smoke and climate change which are both very real and observable.
I didn't say they had anything to do with the fires. My point was a process that you just admitted, evolved, is being used to say it proves global warming is happening.

Not to mention the Canadian fire data I provided. The graph is trending the wrong way!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:31 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:52 pm

I didn't say they had anything to do with the fires. My point was a process that you just admitted, evolved, is being used to say it proves global warming is happening.

Not to mention the Canadian fire data I provided. The graph is trending the wrong way!
Who said it “proves it”? It’s just another symptom among many and some more hard data driven.

Are there any other factors to your graph? Or does it prove global warming is not happening?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:42 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:31 pm

Who said it “proves it”? It’s just another symptom among many and some more hard data driven.

Are there any other factors to your graph? Or does it prove global warming is not happening?
The people pushing it as proof, which is quite a few. It's the line of reasoning they will use to push what they want. "How dare you damage Earth for your stupid gas car, let's take it away. It's because of you the forests are on fire!"

Global warming happens. It's just a question of if man's processes add anything appreciable to the warming.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:00 pm Maybe we should just stop fighting forest fires. They all burn themselves out, and are healthy in the long run for the forests, and long run would lead to smaller forest fires.
In theory, that's a great idea. It would have to start out selectively so that all the carbon in those plants isn't released EVERY time. We could move more and more to not fighting them and let them burn themselves out.

Main problem is they also happen where people have built homes. Rich and powerful people included. They wouldn't allow it and the insurance companies would have to raise rates dramatically like what is going on in Florida right now.

it would push the average Joe further away from the American Dream and the rich would prevent it from happening.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:58 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:42 pm

The people pushing it as proof, which is quite a few. It's the line of reasoning they will use to push what they want. "How dare you damage Earth for your stupid gas car, let's take it away. It's because of you the forests are on fire!"

Global warming happens. It's just a question of if man's processes add anything appreciable to the warming.
I can't prove it but I think you'd have to be a complete and utter buffoon to really believe that humankind hasn't had a measurable impact on the planet's climate starting with the second industrial revolution.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:50 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:58 pm

I can't prove it but I think you'd have to be a complete and utter buffoon to really believe that humankind hasn't had a measurable impact on the planet's climate starting with the second industrial revolution.
Nobody knows. The science is that immature. In regards to actually doing something, rather than virtue signaling, I've got a pretty light carbon footprint, regardless of your baseless ad hominem.

It was all those cars back in the day that caused the ice age too, right. That's how big a swing natural cycles can be.