Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden’s new Minister of Disinformation to head up the New Dept of Misinformation:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:02 am Biden’s new Minister of Disinformation to head up the New Dept of Misinformation:
How she ran cover for the Hunter laptop story is a bigger deal for the "misinformation director".
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:31 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:02 am Biden’s new Minister of Disinformation to head up the New Dept of Misinformation:
How she ran cover for the Hunter laptop story is a bigger deal for the "misinformation director".
Yep. The coont peddled the Steele Dossier hoax, and the Biden laptop is Russian disinfo hoax, to name a couple. And now she has been appointed the new DHS Minister of Truth or Disinfo or whatever.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

I just find it strange that the people who believe men can have periods are the ones setting up "Board" to fight disinformation. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 am I just find it strange that the people who believe men can have periods are the ones setting up "Board" to fight disinformation. :lol:
Hey, follow the science, man. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 am I just find it strange that the people who believe men can have periods are the ones setting up "Board" to fight disinformation. :lol:
I don’t know, man…just reading this thread suggests they can.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

More from the new Minister of Truth. Every single example she gives is done in defense of someone on the left.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Interesting piece on the mind of a conspiracy theorist by a family member of one, and how serious they should be taken.
He calls himself an “Evolutionary Linguist-Spiritual Warrior Fighting for Human Free Will on Earth” on his TikTok account, which has 12,500 followers. He uses hashtags like #zombe #apocolypse #weare #freedom and #1111. The latter, as far as I can tell from doing a little Googling, is a symbol that often represents interconnectedness and synchronicity, and that inspires individuals to attempt to manifest their intentions and take action to turn their visions into reality. On the surface, this sounds sedate, even inspiring — especially as we come out of COVID isolation. None of us seem to want to “go back to normal” because normal didn’t serve us.

Last April, my sister-in-law texted me to warn me that my brother was heading, unannounced, to my doorstep in Idaho, where I care for our elderly father. I knew he believed “everyone on the planet who received the vaccine will be dead in a few years,” but I had no idea of the depth of his fantastical beliefs.…………..

So do we, as a society, spend our energy silencing the malignant narcissists and the spread of disinformation/misinformation by the middlemen? These days, this only seems to give them more power. Or do we instead address the deep societal issues that provide fertile ground for conspiracy theories? One can argue that security, approval and control can really only come from within, but that’s a long leap when faced with the uncertain chaos of modern life and epidemics of depression, anxiety, substance use, political division, isolation, systemic inequalities and incessant consumerism fed by the dead-end promises of an antiquated American dream. If (according to a crass comment I came across) conspiracy theories are for “losers,” can we aspire to a society where there are fewer losers?
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brother- ... 3fI3e726-0
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:47 am More from the new Minister of Truth. Every single example she gives is done in defense of someone on the left.
Why are you surprised? You think it'd be any different (or was) with a Republican? you're shocked that partisans are behaving this way?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:47 am More from the new Minister of Truth. Every single example she gives is done in defense of someone on the left.
Why are you surprised? You think it'd be any different (or was) with a Republican? you're shocked that partisans are behaving this way?
Of course it would be different. Republicans would be claiming that letting people pick their pronouns is disinformation and a threat to national security. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:10 am Interesting piece on the mind of a conspiracy theorist by a family member of one, and how serious they should be taken.
He calls himself an “Evolutionary Linguist-Spiritual Warrior Fighting for Human Free Will on Earth” on his TikTok account, which has 12,500 followers. He uses hashtags like #zombe #apocolypse #weare #freedom and #1111. The latter, as far as I can tell from doing a little Googling, is a symbol that often represents interconnectedness and synchronicity, and that inspires individuals to attempt to manifest their intentions and take action to turn their visions into reality. On the surface, this sounds sedate, even inspiring — especially as we come out of COVID isolation. None of us seem to want to “go back to normal” because normal didn’t serve us.

Last April, my sister-in-law texted me to warn me that my brother was heading, unannounced, to my doorstep in Idaho, where I care for our elderly father. I knew he believed “everyone on the planet who received the vaccine will be dead in a few years,” but I had no idea of the depth of his fantastical beliefs.…………..

So do we, as a society, spend our energy silencing the malignant narcissists and the spread of disinformation/misinformation by the middlemen? These days, this only seems to give them more power. Or do we instead address the deep societal issues that provide fertile ground for conspiracy theories? One can argue that security, approval and control can really only come from within, but that’s a long leap when faced with the uncertain chaos of modern life and epidemics of depression, anxiety, substance use, political division, isolation, systemic inequalities and incessant consumerism fed by the dead-end promises of an antiquated American dream. If (according to a crass comment I came across) conspiracy theories are for “losers,” can we aspire to a society where there are fewer losers?
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brother- ... 3fI3e726-0
I agree with this piece (at least as far as what you quoted - didn't have a chance to read the rest). I do worry that we're giving way too much voice to the fringe elements of society. After Trump was elected media types swarmed to anything that could be considered white nationalist and covered them exhaustively. When I was in college the KKK won the right to march through Main Street in Newark, DE (there's apparently a Klan population over in Elkton, MD), but other than an article in the college paper, the march was a non-event and people just moved on - it wasn't something that was covered over and over again. If that happened today, the college would probably shut down so that everyone could first make signs, then get everyone to the parade to protest, and then spend at least a week afterwards processing how everyone felt during and after the experience, and there would be permanently formed action groups to keep this in the forefront going forward. Censoring is always going to be tough - there almost is never a clear line of what to censor and what not to, and we'll never get it right. And not getting right means that we'll constantly be elevating this discussion, and these fringe groups, far beyond what they naturally would. Heck, that Klan rally ended up having about six people march, and most were from the same family. Some people showed up to gawk but it was pretty much a dud event. They didn't change any minds that day, and they probably didn't pull in any adherents that day.

But yes, as the article says, we have more and more loner type people out there, and they see this continual coverage of just awful, normally fringe-type stuff, and they start thinking this stuff is normal and real. I don't know what to do with the crazy loners.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:57 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:54 am

Of course it would be different. Republicans would be claiming that letting people pick their pronouns is disinformation and a threat to national security. :coffee:
Funny, I must have missed it where under a previous conk admin they set up under DHS an office of misinformation ie a ministry of truth..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Is this an example of right-wing wokeism Kalm?

It is a private school so hopefully they aren't benefiting from tax dollars or benefits to spread their hate.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:51 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:57 am

Funny, I must have missed it where under a previous conk admin they set up under DHS an office of misinformation ie a ministry of truth..
They didn't, but they lied and spread misinformation with as much fervor and frequency as the current.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:56 am Is this an example of right-wing wokeism Kalm?

It is a private school so hopefully they aren't benefiting from tax dollars or benefits to spread their hate.
Yes.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:56 am Is this an example of right-wing wokeism Kalm?

Yes. Only the public schools benefit from that. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The Soviet Mary Poppins is resigning.
Unfortunately I’m sure that another leftist will be put in her place to head the new Ministry of Truth..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:07 pm

I'd rather be opposed to both rather than arguing that one is justified because the other is doing it (and a strong argument could be made that private/religious schools were doing it first). :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:59 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:07 pm

I'd rather be opposed to both rather than arguing that one is justified because the other is doing it (and a strong argument could be made that private/religious schools were doing it first). :coffee:
Does this mean I should be writing a letter to AZ relating to his politics being wrong and sinful but I still love him? :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:38 pm
Does this mean I should be writing a letter to AZ relating to his politics being wrong and sinful but I still love him? :mrgreen:
The irony would be rich. :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:38 pm

The irony would be rich. :mrgreen:
But isn't that the gist of most of the threads on this board anyway? :nod:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Be sure to include pictures demonstrating your love. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »