CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 am The idea that these countries were paragons of governance prior to US involvement in them, or would have been better off today without that involvement is a weak canard and is not a justification for what amounts to open borders with these countries.

What the previous administration was doing was working in terms of keeping the crossings at manageable levels. The current admin is causing this current surge solely because of its own actions. And as usual you are coming down on the wrong side simply because you agree with the politics.

“We caused the problems in those countries” just not justify what is happening. Fortunately most Americans aren’t that dumb (or nuanced) and this is one of many millstones that is going to hang around the necks of the Dems in 2022 and 2024. So keep waving that flag, by all means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man you read a lot into “chickens coming home to roost.” :lol:

If I agreed with the politics or had a side, I wouldn’t have posted years ago about the Hillary-Honduras affair.

But I know...Liberals are doctrinaire Dems or something and this is just a US and or Latin America phenomenon.

My country right or wrong!

:lol:

(BTW I’m genuinely curious if you have a deeper take regarding Ganny’s question on why Costa Rica is a success while others are not.)
I don’t have to read anything into it. When it comes to migration from Central America, it is standard, overused, lefty boilerplate excuse making.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:55 am
kalm wrote:
Man you read a lot into “chickens coming home to roost.” :lol:

If I agreed with the politics or had a side, I wouldn’t have posted years ago about the Hillary-Honduras affair.

But I know...Liberals are doctrinaire Dems or something and this is just a US and or Latin America phenomenon.

My country right or wrong!

(BTW I’m genuinely curious if you have a deeper take regarding Ganny’s question on why Costa Rica is a success while others are not.)
I don’t have to read anything into it. When it comes to migration from Central America, it is standard, overused, lefty boilerplate excuse making.

...He said, after he just literally read something into it again.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am
I'm actually shocked the expectations were higher. Don't people see all the help wanted signs up everywhere? My business (manufacturing site) has been trying to hire people for months for really well paying jobs and can't get the people. We've kicked the can down the road a little bit with the enhanced unemployment benefits, so I wouldn't expect a real bounce back until those start to expire, but that's still a ways off after the summer. Tough to add jobs when we're paying people more to not work and when the summer months are coming up. No one wants to start a new job now and not get vacation time in a month or two.

Beyond the self-inflicted delay in job growth, there still is the very real issue of jobs that won't ever come back and the steady rise of automation. Manufacturing has seen it for decades and will continue to see it. I'm putting a processing line in now and we were adamant that just one guy be able to run it, so it's got lots of automation in it. But you're seeing it in places like McDonalds. Coming out of COVID, you'll order in the store just like you would on the mobile app (they've remodeled their stores to not even have a front counter). No sense having someone take your order if you can just type it in. What do we do with all of those people we just don't need anymore?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am
I'm actually shocked the expectations were higher. Don't people see all the help wanted signs up everywhere? My business (manufacturing site) has been trying to hire people for months for really well paying jobs and can't get the people. We've kicked the can down the road a little bit with the enhanced unemployment benefits, so I wouldn't expect a real bounce back until those start to expire, but that's still a ways off after the summer. Tough to add jobs when we're paying people more to not work and when the summer months are coming up. No one wants to start a new job now and not get vacation time in a month or two.

Beyond the self-inflicted delay in job growth, there still is the very real issue of jobs that won't ever come back and the steady rise of automation. Manufacturing has seen it for decades and will continue to see it. I'm putting a processing line in now and we were adamant that just one guy be able to run it, so it's got lots of automation in it. But you're seeing it in places like McDonalds. Coming out of COVID, you'll order in the store just like you would on the mobile app (they've remodeled their stores to not even have a front counter). No sense having someone take your order if you can just type it in. What do we do with all of those people we just don't need anymore?
And now the marketplace is going to flooded with illegal labor and hyperinflation is just around the corner. Why work a low skill job when you can make just as much on the gubmint dole.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 am

And now the marketplace is going to flooded with illegal labor and hyperinflation is just around the corner. Why work a low skill job when you can make just as much on the gubmint dole.
Yep.
Americans who earned less than $32,000 before the crisis began would be better of in the near-term collecting those benefits rather than working, Bank of America said.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/apr ... s-pandemic

In other words, anyone working full time making about $15.50 an hr or less would be better off not working. Or part time ,making $20-$30 an hr.
The Biden employment killing, extended unemployment doesn't run out until Sept, another at least 4 months of measly job #s, and you won't see a significant jobs pickup until Sept or Oct..

I can't tell you how many stories I've heard 1st and 2nd hand of restaurant owners struggling to find workers...No one (esp the younger folks) wants to work when they can make more (or close to as much) sitting at home.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Imagine in America with the state unemployment + fed supplememtal, depending on the state, for upwards of a yr and a half, you can get upwards (or over) a grand a week, while living rent free with no risk of eviction, + a couple grand on top of that in C19 relief payments. What a country!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Dairy Farmer with 2 prosthetic Legs joins lawsuit over Biden's racist farm relief provision stuck into the not Covid 19 relief bill.
In March 2021, the United States retreated from the principle of equality under the law by enacting a race-based loan-forgiveness program in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA). Among other things, ARPA provides billions of dollars of debt relief to “socially disadvantaged” farmers and ranchers. The phrase “socially disadvantaged” includes explicit racial classifications: to be eligible for ARPA’s debt relief, farmers and ranchers must be Black or African American, American Indian or Alaskan native, Hispanic or Latino, or Asian American or Pacific Islander. Other farmers—white farmers, for example—are ineligible.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/out-and- ... =position1
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The reeducation of the masses is almost complete. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:00 pm

The reeducation of the masses is almost complete. :coffee:
Thanks to the invasion of the party snatchers, leading to Biden winning the election.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:55 am I don’t have to read anything into it. When it comes to migration from Central America, it is standard, overused, lefty boilerplate excuse making.

You are intentionally vague because nothing you espouse can withstand scrutiny.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 pm
kalm wrote:

You are intentionally vague because nothing you espouse can withstand scrutiny.

Capitalism provides opportunity for immigrants, but...

We have enough people in this country already.

Foreign interventions have consequences.

Now go!

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Thank you for the inflation, President Biden.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

...According to Customs and Border Protection (CBP), there were a total of 178,622 migrant encounters in April 2021, marking the highest monthly total in 20 years....

.... Del Rio, Texas Mayor Bruno Lozano, a Democrat, sounded off on "Fox & Friends" Wednesday expressing concern for the worsening crisis and the administration's failure to control it.

"They keep telling us that the border is under control and I simply do not understand how with a 392% increase this fiscal year alone," he said. "Last year, we had 19,724 captures at this point. And right now we're at 97,398. I simply do not understand how that's under control."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-admini ... is-worsens

And the Biden admin is now quietly resuming border wall construction..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 pm
...According to Customs and Border Protection (CBP), there were a total of 178,622 migrant encounters in April 2021, marking the highest monthly total in 20 years....

.... Del Rio, Texas Mayor Bruno Lozano, a Democrat, sounded off on "Fox & Friends" Wednesday expressing concern for the worsening crisis and the administration's failure to control it.

"They keep telling us that the border is under control and I simply do not understand how with a 392% increase this fiscal year alone," he said. "Last year, we had 19,724 captures at this point. And right now we're at 97,398. I simply do not understand how that's under control."

Why would he use the fiscal year and not the calendar year? :suspicious:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Don't most businesses and governments talk in fiscal years? Nice when they match up with calendar years but not too many do.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:06 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am
Don't most businesses and governments talk in fiscal years? Nice when they match up with calendar years but not too many do.
They do, I was just curious why you'd mention Oct - May data instead of Jan1 to May.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

You get what you voted for. :coffee:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:16 am You get what you voted for. :coffee:

Honest to Christ, if the idiots that voted for Biden did NOT see this coming, then they’re even dumber than I gave them credit for. Anyone with a brainstem knew this was the endgame. Good to see a few sheep waking up....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:16 am You get what you voted for. :coffee:

Honest to Christ, if the idiots that voted for Biden did NOT see this coming, then they’re even dumber than I gave them credit for. Anyone with a brainstem knew this was the endgame. Good to see a few sheep waking up....
Well that is a huge ask...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am

Yeah. Just two weeks to flatten the curve, amirite?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:13 pm
kalm wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 am

Seems like it’s taking longer.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:55 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Seems like it’s taking longer.
yeah. Because THAT goal post hasn’t moved. At all. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

At Least 18 States Dropping $300-A-Week Federal Unemployment Benefits
Missouri, Iowa, Mississippi and Alaska all plan to drop the benefits on June 12, which is the earliest date states are allowed to leave the program.

Alabama, West Virginia, Idaho, North Dakota and Wyoming are all planning to opt out on June 19.

Ohio, Georgia, Utah, Arkansas and South Dakota will cease payments on June 26.

Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte (R) said he would withdraw the state from the program by June 27, also claiming Montana was being plagued by a labor shortage. Montana will instead offer a one-time $1,200 bonus for returning to work, Gianforte said.

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster (R) said his state would end federal benefits at the end of June.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) announced the state will stop participating in the federal government's supplemental unemployment benefits program on July 3.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said his state will stop paying federal benefits on July 10, but the state will offer a $2,000 return-to-work bonus.
$387. That's how much the average American receives from their state in weekly unemployment payments, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, which rises to $687 with the federal boost. Based on a 40-hour workweek, that means the average unemployed American is getting the equivalent of $17.17 an hour—more than twice the federal minimum wage.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... f3c7d3190c