The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48433
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:55 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:47 am

And the dictionary.

Why does this bother you so much?

I had a meeting once with a woman who’s public images suggested she was lesbian and more importantly, I knew was married to another woman.

Early on in the meeting she asked “You know I’m lesbian right? I’m just checking because some people have issues with that.”

My simple response: “I don’t care.”

Her response: “Thank you for that.”

Easy peasy for any reasonable person.
:nod: On a professional level, it's none of my business how a person dresses, who they sleep with, etc. On a personal level, I want people to be themselves and to be happy with that.

Rachel Levine's transgender status should be irrelevant. The performance as Pennsylvania's Secretary of Health is very relevant.
:nod:
Image
Image
Image
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11416
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by HI54UNI »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:55 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:47 am

And the dictionary.

Why does this bother you so much?

I had a meeting once with a woman who’s public images suggested she was lesbian and more importantly, I knew was married to another woman.

Early on in the meeting she asked “You know I’m lesbian right? I’m just checking because some people have issues with that.”

My simple response: “I don’t care.”

Her response: “Thank you for that.”

Easy peasy for any reasonable person.
:nod: On a professional level, it's none of my business how a person dresses, who they sleep with, etc. On a personal level, I want people to be themselves and to be happy with that.

Rachel Levine's transgender status should be irrelevant. The performance as Pennsylvania's Secretary of Health is very relevant.
Yep.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

All my posts are satire
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

One unit, which had been resting in the Dirksen Senate Office building, was abruptly told to vacate the facility on Thursday, according to one Guardsman. The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said. Temperatures in Washington were in the low 40s by nightfall.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... tol-461220
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Image
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56379
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:04 pm Image
Those people that voted for him and didn't know his view of the pipeline have only themselves to blame. Know who you are voting for, people!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:04 pm Image
Those people that voted for him and didn't know his view of the pipeline have only themselves to blame. Know who you are voting for, people!
Agreed, however you also had the msm spinning lies that he wouldn't do this.

Also getting a laugh at the "pro-lifers" that voted for Biden* and are shocked that tax payer money can be used on overseas abortions again.

And then there are the feminists and the whole "dude can play on girls teams and go into girls locker rooms" thing Biden green lit. :rofl:
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14958
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am

Those people that voted for him and didn't know his view of the pipeline have only themselves to blame. Know who you are voting for, people!
Agreed, however you also had the msm spinning lies that he wouldn't do this.

Also getting a laugh at the "pro-lifers" that voted for Biden* and are shocked that tax payer money can be used on overseas abortions again.

And then there are the feminists and the whole "dude can play on girls teams and go into girls locker rooms" thing Biden green lit. :rofl:
There were two candidates - when you just have two choices, it's extremely likely that the one candidate you pick will have views/positions you favor, but of course will have some that you ardently oppose as well. If there's a magical candidate with whom you are lock step in with every issue then you might be that candidate and not realize it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19569
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am

Those people that voted for him and didn't know his view of the pipeline have only themselves to blame. Know who you are voting for, people!
Agreed, however you also had the msm spinning lies that he wouldn't do this.

Also getting a laugh at the "pro-lifers" that voted for Biden* and are shocked that tax payer money can be used on overseas abortions again.

And then there are the feminists and the whole "dude can play on girls teams and go into girls locker rooms" thing Biden green lit. :rofl:
Yeah, but Biden himself said he wanted to ban fracking and eliminate fossil fuel. Are you going to believe what the guy says, are what the MSM tells you to believe?
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19569
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Agreed, however you also had the msm spinning lies that he wouldn't do this.

Also getting a laugh at the "pro-lifers" that voted for Biden* and are shocked that tax payer money can be used on overseas abortions again.

And then there are the feminists and the whole "dude can play on girls teams and go into girls locker rooms" thing Biden green lit. :rofl:
There were two candidates - when you just have two choices, it's extremely likely that the one candidate you pick will have views/positions you favor, but of course will have some that you ardently oppose as well. If there's a magical candidate with whom you are lock step in with every issue then you might be that candidate and not realize it.
You're #1 issue should be above all others, is a roof over your head & food on the table. For people in the oil & natural gas energy, including those employed on the Keystone XL, if you vote for a candidate who stated he wants to eliminate your job, and then complain after he does so, then you are a :dunce:
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 37023
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Agreed, however you also had the msm spinning lies that he wouldn't do this.

Also getting a laugh at the "pro-lifers" that voted for Biden* and are shocked that tax payer money can be used on overseas abortions again.

And then there are the feminists and the whole "dude can play on girls teams and go into girls locker rooms" thing Biden green lit. :rofl:
There were two candidates - when you just have two choices, it's extremely likely that the one candidate you pick will have views/positions you favor, but of course will have some that you ardently oppose as well. If there's a magical candidate with whom you are lock step in with every issue then you might be that candidate and not realize it.
:nod: We always have to hold our nose on some things.
Image
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14958
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm

There were two candidates - when you just have two choices, it's extremely likely that the one candidate you pick will have views/positions you favor, but of course will have some that you ardently oppose as well. If there's a magical candidate with whom you are lock step in with every issue then you might be that candidate and not realize it.
:nod: We always have to hold our nose on some things.
I agree, just commenting on Ibanez's post that seem to indicate you could avoid not liking something depending on how you voted. For single issue voters, sure, but I'm not sure how many folks are truly single issue voters.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 37023
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm
:nod: We always have to hold our nose on some things.
I agree, just commenting on Ibanez's post that seem to indicate you could avoid not liking something depending on how you voted. For single issue voters, sure, but I'm not sure how many folks are truly single issue voters.
Jon
Image
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm

There were two candidates - when you just have two choices, it's extremely likely that the one candidate you pick will have views/positions you favor, but of course will have some that you ardently oppose as well. If there's a magical candidate with whom you are lock step in with every issue then you might be that candidate and not realize it.
You're #1 issue should be above all others, is a roof over your head & food on the table. For people in the oil & natural gas energy, including those employed on the Keystone XL, if you vote for a candidate who stated he wants to eliminate your job, and then complain after he does so, then you are a :dunce:
This aged well.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

And it's only day 2. :rofl:

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11686
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Good. The oil industry needs to start getting dismantled and shrunk.

Enough subsidizations, handouts, corporate bailouts, and foreign imperialism. Help affected workers through expanded unemployment benefits and offer them free education and training to move onto something else, but make it clear America is changing.

In life you either adapt or get left behind. Nothing is forever, and neither your job nor mine should get in the way of progress.
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm Good. The oil industry needs to start getting dismantled and shrunk.

Enough subsidizations, handouts, corporate bailouts, and foreign imperialism. Help affected workers through expanded unemployment benefits and offer them free education and training to move onto something else, but make it clear America is changing.

In life you either adapt or get left behind. Nothing is forever, and neither your job nor mine should get in the way of progress.
That means more of your peeps getting skullfucked by broke dick foreign policy hell bent on extracting cheap oil overseas. It's not that hard to comprehend. There's a reason Trump didn't have to start new wars in oil rich countries. :coffee:
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm Good. The oil industry needs to start getting dismantled and shrunk.

Enough subsidizations, handouts, corporate bailouts, and foreign imperialism. Help affected workers through expanded unemployment benefits and offer them free education and training to move onto something else, but make it clear America is changing.

In life you either adapt or get left behind. Nothing is forever, and neither your job nor mine should get in the way of progress.
Perfect. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48433
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:13 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm Good. The oil industry needs to start getting dismantled and shrunk.

Enough subsidizations, handouts, corporate bailouts, and foreign imperialism. Help affected workers through expanded unemployment benefits and offer them free education and training to move onto something else, but make it clear America is changing.

In life you either adapt or get left behind. Nothing is forever, and neither your job nor mine should get in the way of progress.
Perfect. :dunce: :dunce:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56379
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm
:nod: We always have to hold our nose on some things.
I agree, just commenting on Ibanez's post that seem to indicate you could avoid not liking something depending on how you voted. For single issue voters, sure, but I'm not sure how many folks are truly single issue voters.
I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised when the person you voted for does something he said he'd do. And if you weren't aware that he was going to nix the pipeline, then you weren't an informed voter.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56379
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm
:nod: We always have to hold our nose on some things.
I agree, just commenting on Ibanez's post that seem to indicate you could avoid not liking something depending on how you voted. For single issue voters, sure, but I'm not sure how many folks are truly single issue voters.
If my facebook is any indication - there are a lot of them with Abortion being the key issue.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11416
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm Good. The oil industry needs to start getting dismantled and shrunk.

Enough subsidizations, handouts, corporate bailouts, and foreign imperialism. Help affected workers through expanded unemployment benefits and offer them free education and training to move onto something else, but make it clear America is changing.

In life you either adapt or get left behind. Nothing is forever, and neither your job nor mine should get in the way of progress.
They can learn to code.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

All my posts are satire
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

NM went 54-43 for Biden*.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

The HHS Thursday froze the former Trump administration’s December drug policy that requires community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients.
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/pharma-an ... ntil-march
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19569
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:44 pm NM went 54-43 for Biden*.

Lol how many of those now "concerned" people voted for Biden. You reap what you sow..
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15403
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:44 pm NM went 54-43 for Biden*.

Lol how many of those now "concerned" people voted for Biden. You reap what you sow..
Post Reply