Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:26 pm Now Trump can, for the first time, say he really accomplished something unprecedented: He has been impeached twice.

Also, I heard it reported today that having 10 members of his own Party vote in the House to impeach him was having more members of a President's own Party vote to impeach him ever. Another first!
Liz Cheney and 7 blue state Rinos (NY, IL, MI, WA, CA). Only 2 other red state conks.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:39 pm Can't pass a stimulus bill for months but by god we can impeach a president with less than a week left in his term. :dunce:
This is a really good point.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:39 pm Can't pass a stimulus bill for months but by god we can impeach a president with less than a week left in his term. :dunce:
It’s THE point. Fucking lowlifes, the lot of ‘em.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The House passed a second stimulus bill back in May.
https://ctmirror.org/2020/05/15/u-s-hou ... irus-bill/

It wasn't the House that failed to pass a second bill for months. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 am

The House passed a garbage bill that they knew stood no chance of approval in the Senate and that the President also promised to veto. If any of our elected officials gave a shit about the common person they would have gotten it done. But they don't. They're all a bunch of fucktards.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The Senate could have made amendments and sent it back to the House. That's the way legislation works. The House and Senate don't come together and iron out a bill before either pass it.

The Senate didn't bring it to the floor or pass anything.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Before Trump leaves office, I just want to tell you I was wrong about Trump being a lesser evil than Hillary. Trump decimated the Republican Party. Nearly every member was afraid of his power and is ability to make people believe his BS, and follow his BS.
:lol: No Gil, ruling elites destroyed the party. Same thing happened on the other side of the aisle as shown with the Bernie Bros. The best thing about the current situation is neither side is going back to status quo, and that is a good thing.
I was reading through a liberal friends Facebook post and will say that her and her liberal friends pretty much feel the same way. Believe their party has sold out to the ruling elites.

This is also why I have been on record multiple times saying that Trump was the perfect asshole to deal with our elected assholes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:04 am The Senate could have made amendments and sent it back to the House. That's the way legislation works. The House and Senate don't come together and iron out a bill before either pass it.

As I said they're all worthless. Senate didn't do anything. House could have passed another bill that might pass muster. And another. Exhibit some leadership.

Anybody that things only one party is at fault for all this is a fool.

Actually it is one party, the uniparty of Republicrats.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm McConnell basically tells everyone to slow their role. An impeachment trial after the POTUS is out of office? Yeah sounds productive.

I tend to agree. People have told me that if Trump were convicted, he'd lose all the SS protection and pension. I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:26 pm Now Trump can, for the first time, say he really accomplished something unprecedented: He has been impeached twice.

Also, I heard it reported today that having 10 members of his own Party vote in the House to impeach him was having more members of a President's own Party vote to impeach him ever. Another first!
Liz Cheney and 7 blue state Rinos (NY, IL, MI, WA, CA). Only 2 other red state conks.
Be careful there, BDK. They exercised their 1A rights. We don't want to demonize people for that, now do we. :mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 pm

And we get the chance to vote them out. So many people will complain about the career politician but come re-election they seem ok with it.

I'm not saying that's you, btw.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

So the FBI knew that the riot was planned. So what was this second impeachment about?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:04 am The Senate could have made amendments and sent it back to the House. That's the way legislation works. The House and Senate don't come together and iron out a bill before either pass it.

Not a convincing argument that they're not all fucktards. Keep trying.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:29 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm

And we get the chance to vote them out. So many people will complain about the career politician but come re-election they seem ok with it.

I'm not saying that's you, btw.
You know how little the average person pays to politics. Hopefully that changes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am

Not a convincing argument that they're not all fucktards. Keep trying.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:28 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 am

The House passed a garbage bill that they knew stood no chance of approval in the Senate and that the President also promised to veto. If any of our elected officials gave a shit about the common person they would have gotten it done. But they don't. They're all a bunch of fucktards.
exactly. they passed a shit bill LOADED with pork, to be able to say they passed something and the Senate wouldn't/didn't. Politics at its finest, but people like ky-jelly eat that shit with a spoon.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 am

exactly. they passed a shit bill LOADED with pork, to be able to say they passed something and the Senate wouldn't/didn't. Politics at its finest, but people like ky-jelly eat that shit with a spoon.
Agreed. Passing something that you know won't get past the next step, and then doing absolutely nothing to negotiate what would need to be changed to get it past the next step, is not really productive or doing anything. The Dems were very clear that nothing substantive in terms of stimulus relief was going to pass before the election, so as not to let Trump try to take any of that credit, and that's what happened. Two parties that were more concerned about the election than about the country they were serving. That's been the MO in politics for at least the past two decades now - win, no matter what.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm McConnell basically tells everyone to slow their role. An impeachment trial after the POTUS is out of office? Yeah sounds productive.

I tend to agree. People have told me that if Trump were convicted, he'd lose all the SS protection and pension. I'm not sure if that's true or not.
The Senate would need to vote on that after voting to "convict" him on the impeachment charges. The only thing spelled out in the Constitution is the removal from office and no longer being able to hold federal office. The fact that the trial would come after he's out of office would make the idea of being covered under the Fomer Presidents Act kinda murky. That says a President who has been removed from office wouldn't be eligible for the pension. However, not sure how you can be removed from an office you don't actually have. And I don't think he'd lose the SS protection regardless, I think when Obama updated the law that was the outcome. You can turn down the protection, though to date only Nixon has turned it down.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Just do what I did...self identify as a 3rd world country. You wouldn't believe the federal pork i'm getting. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:07 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:59 pm

:lol: No Gil, ruling elites destroyed the party. Same thing happened on the other side of the aisle as shown with the Bernie Bros. The best thing about the current situation is neither side is going back to status quo, and that is a good thing.
I was reading through a liberal friends Facebook post and will say that her and her liberal friends pretty much feel the same way. Believe their party has sold out to the ruling elites.

This is also why I have been on record multiple times saying that Trump was the perfect asshole to deal with our elected assholes.
Bernie Bro’s are the ruling elites? :suspicious:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:38 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:07 am

Wrong question. When someone says they were perusing a friends FB page and then says SHE, everything should stop until he produces pictures.

You're getting old kalmy!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:38 am

Wrong question. When someone says they were perusing a friends FB page and then says SHE, everything should stop until he produces pictures.

You're getting old kalmy!
I’m staring 50 in the cross hairs. It’s true.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am

I'd imagine it would be in the nation's best interests to protect Trump even if convicted in the Senate as I imagine he has state secrets that need protecting.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 am

Agreed. Passing something that you know won't get past the next step, and then doing absolutely nothing to negotiate what would need to be changed to get it past the next step, is not really productive or doing anything. The Dems were very clear that nothing substantive in terms of stimulus relief was going to pass before the election, so as not to let Trump try to take any of that credit, and that's what happened. Two parties that were more concerned about the election than about the country they were serving. That's been the MO in politics for at least the past two decades now - win, no matter what.
Yep.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

So Roberts isn't going to preside and Senator Leahy is instead. That seems reasonable. :roll:

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire