Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
I saw that the conks had a list of 300 witnesses they were going to call, which would have drug this on for weeks more, at least, into March, maybe April, and was going to open one giant can of worms. I wish they had done it. Pelosi and Shumer are in charge of Congress. Extra security was was turned down for Congress & the Capitol Complex. What did they know, and when did they know it?
Yup. A damn shame it didn't happen. Would have loved to see those in charge of the CP explain why no additional security measures were taken and when Trump himself stated NG troops were needed.
They were also afraid of the former head of the Capitol police, Sund, being called. If you read his statement he tells a very different story than just some angry Trump supporters.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:55 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:05 pm Something tells me Trump and supporting organizations are going to be busy these next few years...

“WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Homeland Security chairman accused Donald Trump in a federal lawsuit Tuesday of inciting the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and conspiring with his lawyer and extremist groups to try to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the presidential election he lost to Joe Biden.

The lawsuit from Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson is part of an expected wave of litigation over the Jan. 6 riot and is believed to be the first filed by a member of Congress. It seeks unspecified punitive and compensatory damages. It also names as defendants Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, and the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, extremist organizations that have had members charged by the Justice Department with taking part in the siege....

The suit, filed in federal court in Washington under a Reconstruction-era law called the Ku Klux Klan Act, comes three days after Trump was acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial that centered on allegations that he incited the riot, in which five people died. That acquittal is likely to open the door to fresh legal scrutiny over Trump’s actions before and during the siege. Additional suits could be brought by other members of Congress or by law enforcement officers injured while responding to the riot.“

https://apnews.com/article/bennie-thomp ... BgqCvACKxQ
Good. They can use this as an opportunity to depose Bowser, Peplosi, Shumer, and many others on that list of 300 who might have played a role in turning down more security, and allowing this to happen. Turn the tables.. :nod:

Plus hasn‘t Trump been sued like a thousand times of something? What‘s one more?
Where do they fit in that chain of command?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:36 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Did you?
Your incredulity is my favorite trophy on the shelf.
It was a serious question. I went back and looked at the main "protest" thread and didn't see much that would suggest you calling them out. But I didn't spend more than two minutes.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 am
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Your incredulity is my favorite trophy on the shelf.
It was a serious question. I went back and looked at the main "protest" thread and didn't see much that would suggest you calling them out. But I didn't spend more than two minutes.
I’m positive I did and have multiple times since. Probably in several threads.

Regardless, rioting is bad mkay? Not to mention it didn’t help the Democratic Party cause with moderates.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Top law enforcement officials testifying before Congress confirm what most of us already knew: the attack on the Capitol was pre planned days in advance. Which blows up the left's narrative that Trump's 1/6 speech was responsible..which was the reason they used for his impeachment..
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/540 ... oordinated
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
You so sure on your stance?

Haha why’d you delete calling long me St.Onge? I can admit I’m wrong with that one. I’m man enough to admit a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bringing this forward in regards to the other thread. Seems you don't recall admitting you were wrong. Bought into an incorrect narrative for over four years, but sure, you've got the "insurrection" pegged!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
I saw that the conks had a list of 300 witnesses they were going to call, which would have drug this on for weeks more, at least, into March, maybe April, and was going to open one giant can of worms. I wish they had done it. Pelosi and Shumer are in charge of Congress. Extra security was was turned down for Congress & the Capitol Complex. What did they know, and when did they know it?
Yup. A damn shame it didn't happen. Would have loved to see those in charge of the CP explain why no additional security measures were taken and when Trump himself stated NG troops were needed.
That was the greatest of all possible ironies - two groups of white supremicists that were allies up until that point. Watching cops and white supremicists beat the fuck out of each other is like watching Dallas play Seattle and they both lose... :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:27 am

That was the greatest of all possible ironies - two groups of white supremicists that were allies up until that point. Watching cops and white supremicists beat the fuck out of each other is like watching Dallas play Seattle and they both lose... :rofl:
Newsflash- the CP aren’t all white. A large chunk are black or ‘POC’ :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:37 am

Don't stop him, he's on a roll.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

60% of officers are white, 29% black, in a city thats 46% black - senior command staff is all white of course, although they did just promote a bla ck female to Captain after the coup attempt.

Thats why they got caught with their pants down
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:55 pm
60% of officers are white, 29% black, in a city thats 46% black - senior command staff is all white of course, although they did just promote a bla ck female to Captain after the coup attempt.

So a group that is only 60% white, and 29% black, is a white supremeacist group? :suspicious: :dunce: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm

So a group that is only 60% white, and 29% black, is a white supremeacist group? :suspicious: :dunce: :lol:
Again, don’t stop him. He’s on a roll.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Its common knowledge, at least to the FBI, that law enforcement is swimming in white supremicists. Surely you can appreciate the iront of them beating the fuck out of each other?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm So a group that is only 60% white, and 29% black, is a white supremeacist group? :suspicious: :dunce: :lol:
Its common knowledge, at least to the FBI, that law enforcement is swimming in white supremicists. Surely you can appreciate the iront of them beating the fuck out of each other?
Really? What does “swimming” mean?

I read everything the FBI puts out on white supremacists and white identity /nationalist groups in the US. Also from other parts of the IC

I’m curious as to your source that says the FBI knows law enforcement is swimming with white supremacists ... because the reality is that white supremacists inhabit law enforcement at roughly the same rate they inhabit the whole of society.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm
You have made false equivalencies since Jan 6 and fail to open your eyes. If you aren’t going to read my posts then shut the fuck up because everything you’re accusing me of, I’ve said the opposites, quite plainly. Goddamn, how can you even debate an opponent if you don’t take the time to read their position?

Fucking Imbecile. Please, Don’t ever procreate, we dont need more low IQ, Closed minded fucks in this world.

Goddamn.

And you're the one that since 1/6 that has said with ZERO proof that Trump incited a riot. Like you like to say in regards to conk allegations of voter fraud, where’s the proof? Where's the evidence? And don't give me some BS look at his rhetoric the month prior to 1/6, he said the word "fight" blah blah. Where did he say "Go storm/attack the Capitol"?
For some reason I've been seeing that exchange whenever navigate to this forum for some time now. When I start to type "championship..." then just hit return to take advantage of autofill it brings me to it. Anyway I just decided to respond this time.

Trump did incite that incident And, yes, his rhetoric over the month prior to 1/6 was part of it. The guy started well prior to the election planning the poison seed with his nonsense about the only way Biden could win was fraud. Then he did what he did after the election.

All you need to do is honestly consider a scenario then answer a question:

Scenario: Trump never did what he did before the election in terms of saying the only way Biden could win was fraud. He never makes any claim about fraud while the election was going on. After the networks call the election for Biden, Trump comes on TV as other losing candidates have always done and concedes. No false allegations of impropriety before or after the election.

Question: Do you think the January 6 incident would have happened given that scenario?

You know the honest answer to that question is "no." And, if the truth really is "no," there was a cause and effect relationship between the way Trump conducted himself and the January 6 incident.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 pm And you're the one that since 1/6 that has said with ZERO proof that Trump incited a riot. Like you like to say in regards to conk allegations of voter fraud, where’s the proof? Where's the evidence? And don't give me some BS look at his rhetoric the month prior to 1/6, he said the word "fight" blah blah. Where did he say "Go storm/attack the Capitol"?
For some reason I've been seeing that exchange whenever navigate to this forum for some time now. When I start to type "championship..." then just hit return to take advantage of autofill it brings me to it. Anyway I just decided to respond this time.

Trump did incite that incident And, yes, his rhetoric over the month prior to 1/6 was part of it. The guy started well prior to the election planning the poison seed with his nonsense about the only way Biden could win was fraud. Then he did what he did after the election.

All you need to do is honestly consider a scenario then answer a question:

Scenario: Trump never did what he did before the election in terms of saying the only way Biden could win was fraud. He never makes any claim about fraud while the election was going on. After the networks call the election for Biden, Trump comes on TV as other losing candidates have always done and concedes. No false allegations of impropriety before or after the election.

Question: Do you think the January 6 incident would have happened given that scenario?

You know the honest answer to that question is "no." And, if the truth really is "no," there was a cause and effect relationship between the way Trump conducted himself and the January 6 incident.
I thought you were finally responding to my question about LE “swimming” in white supremacists with some hard data

my bad

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris