SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:13 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Who is in charge of the Republican Party now?
Al Haig. :coffee:

Who's in charge of the Democratic Party?
Biden* declared himself the Democratic party. So it's his old white ass.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:16 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:43 am :lol: :rofl:

Gotta love Democrats. Said they wanted to call witnesses to testify to alleged Trump statements, until Ted Cruz threatened to call Pelosi to the stand and make her answer to why she turned down Trump's offer to provide 10,000 National Guard troops in addition to her security briefings.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about this "trial".
Saw the headline on the Dems flip flopping on witnesses and I laughed. Then saw this interview with Trump's defense lawyer and it made total sense. As expected the Dems had nothing on this whole impeachment and it was just a political circus from the jump. Seriously, they faked tweets as evidence. Tells you everything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know how you tell a good defense attorney? It is by how they answer the questions. Short and to the point.

Plus the reporter completely lost control of that interview and she came away playing defense. I wonder what her producer was saying in her ear when they panned away to Mr. Van Der Veen? :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Saw the headline on the Dems flip flopping on witnesses and I laughed. Then saw this interview with Trump's defense lawyer and it made total sense. As expected the Dems had nothing on this whole impeachment and it was just a political circus from the jump. Seriously, they faked tweets as evidence. Tells you everything.

You know how you tell a good defense attorney? It is by how they answer the questions. Short and to the point.

Plus the reporter completely lost control of that interview and she came away playing defense. I wonder what her producer was saying in her ear when they panned away to Mr. Van Der Veen? :lol:
I loved MVDV's mike drop at the end. He murdered it. :notworthy:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm

And the "citizen" comment. :rofl:

I would buy that guy a Scotch if we ever cross paths. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:43 am :lol: :rofl:

Gotta love Democrats. Said they wanted to call witnesses to testify to alleged Trump statements, until Ted Cruz threatened to call Pelosi to the stand and make her answer to why she turned down Trump's offer to provide 10,000 National Guard troops in addition to her security briefings.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about this "trial".

Saw that last night. The reporterette totally tried to brush that off as the donk House Managers minor falsifying of evidence against Trump :roll: :dunce: Van Der Veen just made her look like the clueless, leftist reporter she (along with the rest of the MSM are), and totally laid the smack down.. :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Lol. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever actually seen someone ACTUALLY drop the mic. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Who is in charge of the Republican Party now?

Wall street, big tech, big Pharma, health insurers....

In front of them are a bunch of neo-liberals... :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Wall street, big tech, big Pharma, health insurers....

In front of them are a bunch of neo-liberals... :ohno:
Truth.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Van Der Veen receiving numerous death threats (claims nearly 100), Philly area home vandalized (windows smashed, grafitti). Typical of the left.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53877 ... reats?rl=1
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:34 pm Van Der Veen receiving numerous death threats (claims nearly 100), Philly area home vandalized (windows smashed, grafitti). Typical of the left.
I know, right? I think this kind of stuff is total bullshit regardless of side. And over politics? Shameful.

We all witnessed threats of violence and property destruction during the Antifa riots last summer and it was wrong then.

I mean if the right were to threaten a governor with kidnapping, or, say an angry mob vandalized or threatened the safety of an adversary at their own place of business or home...you’d be the first to call them out for it, no?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:34 pm Van Der Veen receiving numerous death threats (claims nearly 100), Philly area home vandalized (windows smashed, grafitti). Typical of the left.
I know, right? I think this kind of stuff is total bullshit regardless of side. And over politics? Shameful.

We all witnessed threats of violence and property destruction during the Antifa riots last summer and it was wrong then.

I mean if the right were to threaten a governor with kidnapping, or, say an angry mob vandalized or threatened the safety of an adversary at their own place of business or home...you’d be the first to call them out for it, no?
I mean if ANTIFA were to threaten a gov with kidnapping, say from a state...make it say Michigan, and the left and MSM tried to pin it on the right, you’d be the 1st to call them out on it, no?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:37 pm

I mean if ANTIFA were to threaten a gov with kidnapping, say from a state...make it say Michigan, and the left and MSM tried to pin it on the right, you’d be the 1st to call them out on it, no?
I called out the Antifa riots when they were happening. Or were you trying to imply that really WAS antifa behind the kidnapping plots?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:42 pm
I called out the Antifa riots when they were happening. Or were you trying to imply that really WAS antifa behind the kidnapping plots?
If I remember correctly one of the kidnappers was photographed with an anarchist symbol therefore they were all AnTiFa and it was a false flag operation. That logic only applies in one direction though. Otherwise, one racist member of the Proud Boys makes them a white supremacist organization. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm

If I remember correctly one of the kidnappers was photographed with an anarchist symbol therefore they were all AnTiFa and it was a false flag operation. That logic only applies in one direction though. Otherwise, one racist member of the Proud Boys makes them a white supremacist organization. :coffee:
Two of them appeared to be..
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... s-n1024917
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:26 am
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:51 am

:nod:

Here’s an updated and interesting take on the psychology of Trump and his followers. There’s an underlying explanation for why this will all take a while to unwind: damaged goods. We all are to an extent but some clearly more than others. The remedy is removal from the negative influence and improving their standards of living. (The notion that there are few fat and happy terrorists still rings true)

There are no positive long term effects for keeping Trump in the limelight yet R’s like Graham and McCarthy continue to kiss the ring. That is NOT a good thing for the party or the country.

“What attracts people to Trump? What is their animus or driving force?

The reasons are multiple and varied, but in my recent public-service book, Profile of a Nation, I have outlined two major emotional drives: narcissistic symbiosis and shared psychosis. Narcissistic symbiosis refers to the developmental wounds that make the leader-follower relationship magnetically attractive. The leader, hungry for adulation to compensate for an inner lack of self-worth, projects grandiose omnipotence—while the followers, rendered needy by societal stress or developmental injury, yearn for a parental figure. When such wounded individuals are given positions of power, they arouse similar pathology in the population that creates a “lock and key” relationship.

“Shared psychosis”—which is also called “folie à millions” [“madness for millions”] when occurring at the national level or “induced delusions”—refers to the infectiousness of severe symptoms that goes beyond ordinary group psychology. When a highly symptomatic individual is placed in an influential position, the person’s symptoms can spread through the population through emotional bonds, heightening existing pathologies and inducing delusions, paranoia and propensity for violence—even in previously healthy individuals. The treatment is removal of exposure.“

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ZyfqmxLlck
I can sum Trump up for you easily. He did what he said he was going to do and he fully exposed the establishment's bullshit for what it was. No symbiosis or psychosis required - whoever came up with those terms is really reaching for excuses.

When the establishment starts representing the voters as they should, even marginally, people like Trump will no longer be needed.
:nod:
We've known that all along. Sometimes you need to interject a dead virus into the body to help build up an immunity and make it stronger.
:twocents: :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Yup. ANTIFA is dangerous. Anyone who threatens any body deserves the book to be thrown at them.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm

*$1400
They ran on $2k. I want my fucking $2k. :coffee:
It's always been about adding to the $600.
After Trump redistributed $600, Dems wanted to make it $2k...so really a $1400 check. They're messaging is deplorable. :ohno: It amazes me that politics at the highest level has such awful PR. They could seriously screw up a wet dream.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Also insurrection. :coffee: Also 74 million voters. :coffee: :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Something tells me Trump and supporting organizations are going to be busy these next few years...

“WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Homeland Security chairman accused Donald Trump in a federal lawsuit Tuesday of inciting the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and conspiring with his lawyer and extremist groups to try to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the presidential election he lost to Joe Biden.

The lawsuit from Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson is part of an expected wave of litigation over the Jan. 6 riot and is believed to be the first filed by a member of Congress. It seeks unspecified punitive and compensatory damages. It also names as defendants Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, and the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, extremist organizations that have had members charged by the Justice Department with taking part in the siege....

The suit, filed in federal court in Washington under a Reconstruction-era law called the Ku Klux Klan Act, comes three days after Trump was acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial that centered on allegations that he incited the riot, in which five people died. That acquittal is likely to open the door to fresh legal scrutiny over Trump’s actions before and during the siege. Additional suits could be brought by other members of Congress or by law enforcement officers injured while responding to the riot.“

https://apnews.com/article/bennie-thomp ... BgqCvACKxQ
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:42 pm I called out the Antifa riots when they were happening.
Did you?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:01 pm
LAWL the left is having a meltdown over their witness fiasco..
https://www.mediaite.com/news/senate-de ... able-cave/
I love all ones where the person is asking, "why would they do this?".

Let's see. The Trump defense team threatened to call Pelosi and DC Mayor, Muriel Bowser, to the stand. Didn't want it to come out they had information the attack was pre-planned AND that Trump had offered 10,000 troops.
I saw that the conks had a list of 300 witnesses they were going to call, which would have drug this on for weeks more, at least, into March, maybe April, and was going to open one giant can of worms. I wish they had done it. Pelosi and Shumer are in charge of Congress. Extra security was was turned down for Congress & the Capitol Complex. What did they know, and when did they know it?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:05 pm Something tells me Trump and supporting organizations are going to be busy these next few years...

“WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Homeland Security chairman accused Donald Trump in a federal lawsuit Tuesday of inciting the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and conspiring with his lawyer and extremist groups to try to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the presidential election he lost to Joe Biden.

The lawsuit from Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson is part of an expected wave of litigation over the Jan. 6 riot and is believed to be the first filed by a member of Congress. It seeks unspecified punitive and compensatory damages. It also names as defendants Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, and the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, extremist organizations that have had members charged by the Justice Department with taking part in the siege....

The suit, filed in federal court in Washington under a Reconstruction-era law called the Ku Klux Klan Act, comes three days after Trump was acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial that centered on allegations that he incited the riot, in which five people died. That acquittal is likely to open the door to fresh legal scrutiny over Trump’s actions before and during the siege. Additional suits could be brought by other members of Congress or by law enforcement officers injured while responding to the riot.“

https://apnews.com/article/bennie-thomp ... BgqCvACKxQ
Good. They can use this as an opportunity to depose Bowser, Peplosi, Shumer, and many others on that list of 300 who might have played a role in turning down more security, and allowing this to happen. Turn the tables.. :nod:

Plus hasn‘t Trump been sued like a thousand times of something? What‘s one more?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:45 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:42 pm I called out the Antifa riots when they were happening.
Did you?
Your incredulity is my favorite trophy on the shelf.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:19 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm

They ran on $2k. I want my fucking $2k. :coffee:
It's always been about adding to the $600.
After Trump redistributed $600, Dems wanted to make it $2k...so really a $1400 check. They're messaging is deplorable. :ohno: It amazes me that politics at the highest level has such awful PR. They could seriously screw up a wet dream.
Wrong. They ran on $2k for everyone, not the difference between the prior Trump relief and $2k.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:54 pm

I love all ones where the person is asking, "why would they do this?".

Let's see. The Trump defense team threatened to call Pelosi and DC Mayor, Muriel Bowser, to the stand. Didn't want it to come out they had information the attack was pre-planned AND that Trump had offered 10,000 troops.
I saw that the conks had a list of 300 witnesses they were going to call, which would have drug this on for weeks more, at least, into March, maybe April, and was going to open one giant can of worms. I wish they had done it. Pelosi and Shumer are in charge of Congress. Extra security was was turned down for Congress & the Capitol Complex. What did they know, and when did they know it?
Yup. A damn shame it didn't happen. Would have loved to see those in charge of the CP explain why no additional security measures were taken and when Trump himself stated NG troops were needed.