What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Political discussions

What should we do with Trump between now and when Biden takes the oath of office?

Pence should take the lead, invoke the 25th, and boot him from office - he's a dangerous menace and has to go now
15%
Congress should impeach him and make him the first President to be impeached twice (assuming the Senate won't move fast enough to remove him)
15%
Let him stew in the White House the whole rest of his term and make sure the repo men are there to boot him out by noon on Jan 20th
41%
Pee in butt
30%

Total votes: 27

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:43 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:07 am

BDMBKNT :ohno:
Densedawg the slow retarded kid who takes 10 days to reply..
Just making sure you had enough time to finish your thought. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:13 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:37 am
I’m not sure you guys quite understand what fake news means or how reporting works. :?
Lol. yeah, I’m only married to a reporter. in the “good old days” 25 years ago, you didn’t run with shit like the first story without checking, double checking and triple checking your facts, sources, etc. Now, it’s print on rumor, issue correction on fact (or not at all in many cases with MSM).
Maybe if you explain it to Jelly really slowly he won't fall for it again. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Lol. yeah, I’m only married to a reporter. in the “good old days” 25 years ago, you didn’t run with shit like the first story without checking, double checking and triple checking your facts, sources, etc. Now, it’s print on rumor, issue correction on fact (or not at all in many cases with MSM).
I believe the accusation was “peddling fake news”. What part of Jelly’s post was “fake news”? That someone on Twitter posted that CNN and NBC reported on something that actually happened? Where did they get that information from? Did any of it not happen? Was their a “developing” or “continuing” story tag line? Even if anything in the first tweet were incorrect, has there since been a correction, retraction, or continuing new information?

Did they not have retractions, ombudsman, et al 25 years ago?
Literally the ONLY thing that was “factual” in the first tweet was that there’d been an arrest.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:46 pm

I believe the accusation was “peddling fake news”. What part of Jelly’s post was “fake news”? That someone on Twitter posted that CNN and NBC reported on something that actually happened? Where did they get that information from? Did any of it not happen? Was their a “developing” or “continuing” story tag line? Even if anything in the first tweet were incorrect, has there since been a correction, retraction, or continuing new information?

Literally the ONLY thing that was “factual” in the first tweet was that there’d been an arrest.
The entire tweet as accurate...literally. Here’s also a follow up for the less news savvy...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 68%3famp=1
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:21 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:46 pm
The entire tweet as accurate...literally. Here’s also a follow up for the less news savvy...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 68%3famp=1
Why did Jelly post the Tweet? Because he thought it was newsworthy and relevant? Or because he thought it would reflect poorly on the alt-right? If it was the latter, then it was another fail.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Now you're being naive. How often do we see a news story that hits headlines, and then, when proven to be either inaccurate or just flat out wrong, the correction gets reported, but not anywhere near the same level of headlines as the initial, incomplete (or just wrong) story? How is that not on the same level as "peddling fake news"? Just because the motivation may be slightly more moral? In the end, a story that wasn't true, at least not in how it was told, entered the public sphere, and the correction of it got much less notice, meaning that many people only heard and only know of the initial, wrong story. It's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater and then, under your breath, while everyone is running pell-mell (love that word) for the exits, whispering "my bad, there's no fire". I suppose you can pretend you didn't peddle fake news because you corrected it, but for an outside observer not privvy to your inner conscience I'm not sure that really matters.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am

Now you're being naive. How often do we see a news story that hits headlines, and then, when proven to be either inaccurate or just flat out wrong, the correction gets reported, but not anywhere near the same level of headlines as the initial, incomplete (or just wrong) story? How is that not on the same level as "peddling fake news"? Just because the motivation may be slightly more moral? In the end, a story that wasn't true, at least not in how it was told, entered the public sphere, and the correction of it got much less notice, meaning that many people only heard and only know of the initial, wrong story. It's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater and then, under your breath, while everyone is running pell-mell (love that word) for the exits, whispering "my bad, there's no fire". I suppose you can pretend you didn't peddle fake news because you corrected it, but for an outside observer not privvy to your inner conscience I'm not sure that really matters.
Simmer down, Sparky.

It’s also similar to “breaking news” chyrons in sensationalism. I get it.

Twitter is not a news source but often used as such. If a tweet links or references a legit source it has more value. But like all information, it requires skepticism and can easily be judged and dismissed.

“Fake news” in popular lingo tends to refer to anything the msm reports that doesn’t jive with one’s sensibilities.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:32 am

Simmer down, Sparky.

Twitter is not a news source but often used as such. If a tweet links or references a legit source it has more value. But like all information, it requires skepticism and can easily be judged and dismissed.

“Fake news” in popular lingo tends to refer to anything the msm reports that doesn’t jive with one’s sensibilities.
Doubling down on the naivete there, "Sparky". That requires there to be "legit" news sources (and certainly one of the casualties of the Trump presidency has been news sources gutting their own legitimacy) and it's getting harder and harder to judge and dismiss news stories, especially at the rate at which they are produced. The chyrons are pretty much what are important these days. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Simmer down, Sparky.

Here’s the thing: back in the day, REAL reporters would have verified the initial story before “breaking” it. Then the National Enquirer and TMZ became popular and the entire journalism profession collectively shit the bed and became TMZ. Facts and multiple sources became mere annoyances that were easily avoided. Editors look the other way if the story meets their desired narrative. Like this one. THAT’S why it’s fake news.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 pm
Simmer down, Sparky.

Here’s the thing: back in the day, REAL reporters would have verified the initial story before “breaking” it. Then the National Enquirer and TMZ became popular and the entire journalism profession collectively shit the bed and became TMZ. Facts and multiple sources became mere annoyances that were easily avoided. Editors look the other way if the story meets their desired narrative. Like this one. THAT’S why it’s fake news.
Trump and his team of legal beagles were unable to provide verifiable proof that the election was stolen. That narrative must be fake news too.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Trump and his team of legal beagles were unable to provide verifiable proof that the election was stolen. That narrative must be fake news too.
And it was reported as such from the very beginning.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 pm Trump and his team of legal beagles were unable to provide verifiable proof that the election was stolen. That narrative must be fake news too.
The MAGAts were buying that fake news narrative hook, line and sinker and still are.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:41 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
The MAGAts were buying that fake news narrative hook, line and sinker and still are.

Well what someone is “buying” and what’s being reported are very often two very different things.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:41 pm The MAGAts were buying that fake news narrative hook, line and sinker and still are.

Well what someone is “buying” and what’s being reported are very often two very different things.
I would argue that BDK has bought the fake news that has been peddled by Trump. Many of the rioters/seditionists at the Capitol obviously bought the fake news.

Speaking of reporting, what are OAN and their ilk reporting? Have they confirmed their stories with reputable sources? Or are they peddling conspiracy theories without proof?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:28 pm

I would argue that BDK has bought the fake news that has been peddled by Trump. Many of the rioters/seditionists at the Capitol obviously bought the fake news.

Speaking of reporting, what are OAN and their ilk reporting? Have they confirmed their stories with reputable sources? Or are they peddling conspiracy theories without proof?
And you are buying the fake news by labeling someone protesting something you apparently disagree with as "seditionists".

And I have never watched 5 seconds of OAN, so I can't answer that question for you.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I tried watching a few minutes of OAN the other day. Absolutely awful. They weren't reporting on anything political but the lead up to a story said one thing and then the actual "reporting" said something completely different. That happened a few times (it was a young guy reporting, forget his name).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 am

And you are buying the fake news by labeling someone protesting something you apparently disagree with as "seditionists".

And I have never watched 5 seconds of OAN, so I can't answer that question for you.
Loaded question. I consider them rioters not seditionists but that's an opinion, others have a different opinion.

The fake news that they've bought is that the election was stolen. Trump and his formunda suckers keep peddling the conspiracy but can't prove it = fake news.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 am

Loaded question. I consider them rioters not seditionists but that's an opinion, others have a different opinion.

The fake news that they've bought is that the election was stolen. Trump and his formunda suckers keep peddling the conspiracy but can't prove it = fake news.
well Trump isn't a news source, so it's more of a "fake opinion"....no news source (other than maybe OAN, or some such BS) has reported it as fact, have they?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 am

well Trump isn't a news source, so it's more of a "fake opinion"....no news source (other than maybe OAN, or some such BS) has reported it as fact, have they?
But his tweets though...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

50% of Republicans believe the fraud story. Where are they getting their news?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am
But his tweets though...
Many in his base thinks his tweets are a reputable news source.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:58 am

50% of Republicans believe the fraud story. Where are they getting their news?
same place most people get their news. Twitter, Tic Tok, Facebook and Snapchat. :lol: :lol: :lol: