Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: HHhhhhmmm. I wonder.

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 pm
andy7171 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:26 am

OK Ducky

What actions? Saying Nazis are fine people?
He never said that. In Charlottesville before the Neo Nazis showed up on one side and ANTIFA on the other, there were people on both sides peacefully protesting for and against the removal of the Robert E Lee statue. "Fine people on both sides" comment was in reference to people on both sides of the statue removal debate.
I call BS on that one - there were clearly Neo Nazi types marching the night before, with torches, chanting that "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us". Sure, they also listed they were protesting removal of Confederate statues, but they were also racist and Nazi wannabes. Trump didn't say his thing until after the rioting started the following day, so he should've had almost 24 hours to digest that Nuremberg style rally from the night before. I don't cater to Nazi comparisons often, because most of the time it's lazy and meant to be incendiary to silence any opposition (the Dems have used that tactic often in the past two decades since they declared that Dubya was actually Hitler), but those were Nazis in Charlottesville. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:09 am
He never said that. In Charlottesville before the Neo Nazis showed up on one side and ANTIFA on the other, there were people on both sides peacefully protesting for and against the removal of the Robert E Lee statue. "Fine people on both sides" comment was in reference to people on both sides of the statue removal debate.
I call BS on that one - there were clearly Neo Nazi types marching the night before, with torches, chanting that "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us". Sure, they also listed they were protesting removal of Confederate statues, but they were also racist and Nazi wannabes. Trump didn't say his thing until after the rioting started the following day, so he should've had almost 24 hours to digest that Nuremberg style rally from the night before. I don't cater to Nazi comparisons often, because most of the time it's lazy and meant to be incendiary to silence any opposition (the Dems have used that tactic often in the past two decades since they declared that Dubya was actually Hitler), but those were Nazis in Charlottesville. :coffee:
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Why the alt-right AND ctrl-left both tend to be anti-Semite?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 am Why the alt-right AND ctrl-left both tend to be anti-Semite?
Ingrained hatred of Jews transcends political divisions. It's a sad, unfortunate state of human history.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I'll call BS on your BS. Yes there were NEO NAZIs marching the night before. But we aren't talking about one mid Aug weekend. The debate in Charlottesville, and protest, for and against the Lee statue removal, had been going on that whole summer, prior to that weekend in mid Aug. SCV were out there long before the Neo NAZIs types showed up, and SCV are not by and large racists and NAZI wannabe's.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm

I'll call BS on your BS. Yes there were NEO NAZIs marching the night before. But we aren't talking about one mid Aug weekend. The debate in Charlottesville, and protest, for and against the Lee statue removal, had been going on that whole summer, prior to that weekend in mid Aug. SCV were out there long before the Neo NAZIs types showed up, and SCV are not by and large racists and NAZI wannabe's.
I think you're moving the goal posts on this one.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 pm
I think you're moving the goal posts on this one.
No I'm not. There were people on both sides of that statue debate that summer who were/are fine people, not ANTIFA on one side, NEO NAZIS on the other..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

We are talking one mid Aug weekend - the riots that happened, and the guy plowing a car into the crowd, were that one day. And they were immediately the day after that tiki-torch Nazi parade. There weren't good people marching by torchlight chanting what they were chanting. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm
We are talking one mid Aug weekend - the riots that happened, and the guy plowing a car into the crowd, were that one day. And they were immediately the day after that tiki-torch Nazi parade. There weren't good people marching by torchlight chanting what they were chanting. :coffee:
And Trump wasn't referring to the ANTIFA on one side and NEO NAZIS on the other on that weekend.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm We are talking one mid Aug weekend - the riots that happened, and the guy plowing a car into the crowd, were that one day. And they were immediately the day after that tiki-torch Nazi parade. There weren't good people marching by torchlight chanting what they were chanting. :coffee:
And Trump wasn't referring to the ANTIFA on one side and NEO NAZIS on the other on that weekend.
How do we know that? Trumps reluctance to take an unequivocal stance on events like that is one of his biggest weaknesses. It’s easy to take a stand against Nazis, Proud Boys, anarchists, white supremicists, etc.... But he thinks if he were to do that, he’d lose his base. The Republican Base is going to need more grave actions than Trump saying, “Nazis are bad” to flee the GOP. I’m not sure what it would take because an insurrection is apparently fine and dandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Two separate speeches by Trump. The both sides have fine people, was about the statue.
The second was clarifying who he was talking about and specifically denouncing neo-nazis and the KKK.
The two speeches have been blurred together. Intentionally.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote: And Trump wasn't referring to the ANTIFA on one side and NEO NAZIS on the other on that weekend.
How do we know that? Trumps reluctance to take an unequivocal stance on events like that is one of his biggest weaknesses. It’s easy to take a stand against Nazis, Proud Boys, anarchists, white supremicists, etc.... But he thinks if he were to do that, he’d lose his base. The Republican Base is going to need more grave actions than Trump saying, “Nazis are bad” to flee the GOP. I’m not sure what it would take because an insurrection is apparently fine and dandy.
What a gross mischaracterization. Trump's "base" is not Nazis or white supremacists. That is a fucking Dem talking point, Mark. That's JSO level bullshit and you're better than that.

Trump's "base" is 75,000,000 Americans who don't want to see this country become Argentina. It's that fucking simple. And I can tell you right now, we have a LOT better chance of becoming Argentina than we EVER do becoming Nazi Germany.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 pm
What a gross mischaracterization. Trump's "base" is not Nazis or white supremacists. That is a fucking Dem talking point, Mark. That's JSO level bullshit and you're better than that.

Trump's "base" is 75,000,000 Americans who don't want to see this country become Argentina. It's that fucking simple. And I can tell you right now, we have a LOT better chance of becoming Argentina than we EVER do becoming Nazi Germany.
Raul is showing his true form since the election. I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Whoa. I didn't say the Trump base are Nazis. Learn to read, old man.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Raul is showing his true form since the election. I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed.
Learn to read, I didn't say any of that. I didn't elude to any of that. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:58 am Two separate speeches by Trump. The both sides have fine people, was about the statue.
The second was clarifying who he was talking about and specifically denouncing neo-nazis and the KKK.
The two speeches have been blurred together. Intentionally.
My memory from that time is that I thought Trump's statements were weak and probably intentionally so.