The Democratic Base

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

The Democratic Base

Post by UNI88 »

The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Democratic base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Stalin and Mao consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Democratic base is the dark underbelly of United States culture. It is a big problem because traditional Democratic leadership is not willing to reject what the Democratic base has become.

:shit:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Democratic Base

Post by GannonFan »

I see what you did there.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Democratic base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Stalin and Mao consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Democratic base is the dark underbelly of United States culture. It is a big problem because traditional Democratic leadership is not willing to reject what the Democratic base has become.

Yeah but...the Republicans!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Democratic base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Stalin and Mao consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Democratic base is the dark underbelly of United States culture. It is a big problem because traditional Democratic leadership is not willing to reject what the Democratic base has become.

Truth!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The difference is 88’s is 100% true.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

I don't disagree, but on the other hand a largely Democratic city (Portland), rejected this very woman in favor of a more moderate (read: still squarely left) and widely unpopular mayor.You have to at least contextualize this.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm

I don't disagree, but on the other hand a largely Democratic city (Portland), rejected this very woman in favor of a more moderate (read: still squarely left) and widely unpopular mayor.You have to at least contextualize this.
You're not wrong DDG. I was just responding to this from the "The Republican Base" thread:
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
The photo was a useful graphic to emphasize the ctrl-left's connection to Stalin and Mao.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

The difference is that the Republican base consists of the type of people who enabled Hitler and Mussolini.

And the Democratic base has actually elected the type of people who enabled Stalin and Mao.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

It's clear the base of both parties has shifted quite a bit in the last decade.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:35 am The difference is that the Republican base consists of the type of people who enabled Hitler and Mussolini.

And the Democratic base has actually elected the type of people who enabled Stalin and Mao.
Deplorables...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:35 am The difference is that the Republican base consists of the type of people who enabled Hitler and Mussolini.

Yeah...the R’s would NEVER elect a Hitler/Mussolini wannabe.

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:34 pm

The system/framework that our prescient found fathers put in place makes it very difficult for the Hitler/Mussolini wannabe to actually take over. The D's want to subvert and replace that system/framework so that a Stalin/Mao wannabe can eventually take over. Look at all of the enablers saying the Constitution is a living document and calling for the end of the Electoral College.

What these fools don't understand is that those kinds of changes would also make it possible for the Hitler/Mussolini wannabe to eventually take over too.

:coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:57 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:34 pm

The system/framework that our prescient found fathers put in place makes it very difficult for the Hitler/Mussolini wannabe to actually take over. The D's want to subvert and replace that system/framework so that a Stalin/Mao wannabe can eventually take over. Look at all of the enablers saying the Constitution is a living document and calling for the end of the Electoral College.

What these fools don't understand is that those kinds of changes would also make it possible for the Hitler/Mussolini wannabe to eventually take over too.

Really? That’s the aim of the Democratic Party? To replace our system of government via peasant uprising? We’re now skipping Venezuela and going straight to the purges?

Did Stalinmao start with a dismantling of their electoral colleges? Has our constitution never changed or been interpreted?

So many questions you’ve created... :)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:45 am

Really? That’s the aim of the Democratic Party? To replace our system of government via peasant uprising? We’re now skipping Venezuela and going straight to the purges?

Did Stalinmao start with a dismantling of their electoral colleges? Has our constitution never changed or been interpreted?

Hmmm... Executive overreach. Broad sweeping executive power. The dismantling of traditional norms. So many questions, indeed.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 am

Hmmm... Executive overreach. Broad sweeping executive power. The dismantling of traditional norms. So many questions, indeed.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I don't think that's the aim of the Democratic Party but I do think it's a long-term objective of members of the party like AOChe. Given the opportunity do I think she would want me to be "reeducated"? Yes, I do.

Yes, our constitution has been changed and there is a process to do it. If the pseudo-progressives want to change the Constitution they should follow the process. Instead, they bitch and moan about it and want to subvert it, not legally change it.

You don't see the hypocrisy of demonizing Trump as a Fascist/Hitler while excusing or worse venerating Mao and Stalin? The Hammer & Sickle should be considered a symbol of hate just as much as the swastika.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:54 am

I don't think that's the aim of the Democratic Party but I do think it's a long-term objective of members of the party like AOChe. Given the opportunity do I think she would want me to be "reeducated"? Yes, I do.

Yes, our constitution has been changed and there is a process to do it. If the pseudo-progressives want to change the Constitution they should follow the process. Instead, they bitch and moan about it and want to subvert it, not legally change it.

You don't see the hypocrisy of demonizing Trump as a Fascist/Hitler while excusing or worse venerating Mao and Stalin? The Hammer & Sickle should be considered a symbol of hate just as much as the swastika.
These types of Leftist generally fall into two camps. They believe that "real Communism" has never been tried. OR that Communism was actually successful, but those meddling Capitalists with their free market and liberty screwed everything up.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:47 pm

These types of Leftist generally fall into two camps. They believe that "real Communism" has never been tried. OR that Communism was actually successful, but those meddling Capitalists with their free market and liberty screwed everything up.
Spot on! :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So you believe AOC literally is pushing for a peasant uprising desiring to skip the Norse model and go straight to Venezuela.

Got it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:nod: They can't win by the existing rules, so they have to create their own (court packing, new states, etc). Or they just flat out ignore them (2020 election). :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:17 am

So you believe AOC literally is pushing for a peasant uprising desiring to skip the Norse model and go straight to Venezuela.

Got it.
I specifically said long-term. AOChe wants to put the rural peasants in their place. She supports an urban uprising where a bunch of self-righteous Karens dictate to their rural inferiors how to be better people. It would be like having Joe dictating religious beliefs to the country. ;)

And that belief is less far fetched than the pseudo-progressive canard that Trump is Hitler/fascist.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:00 am
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:17 am

Got it.
I specifically said long-term. AOChe wants to put the rural peasants in their place. She supports an urban uprising where a bunch of self-righteous Karens dictate to their rural inferiors how to be better people. It would be like having Joe dictating religious beliefs to the country. ;)

And that belief is less far fetched than the pseudo-progressive canard that Trump is Hitler/fascist.
Yeah...... :roll: Michael Flynn (the guy that Trump just pardoned) is making the rounds touting martial law for Fuhrer Trump. :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:12 am
Baldy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:47 pm
Spot on! :lol:
Duh
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This country needs a Kennedy Project to counter the pseudo-progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

We've gone from Kennedy's “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country" to pseudo-progressives telling people to ask what the government can do for them.

Encouraging a lack of personal responsibility and initiative is a huge threat to the future of this country.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."