kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Republican Base

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:23 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:16 am Outstanding read on the GOP. It’s not just fracturing. It may already be two parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... iDLm0Z4Mhk
I think both parties have or are about to split into two parties each....the next 6-8 years are going to be very interesting..... :coffee:
I think there’s a chance of that happening too and agree. The size of a center right party would be the thing to watch for. That would provide some balance.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:45 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:04 am

Yup. The commies were first to get a satellite to orbit the earth, and I think first to get a human in orbit too. But we won the long game so, 'Merica!!!!
And the commies were killing astronauts at a breakneck pace, we just didn’t hear about the failures....only the intermittent successes. If we’d used those same parameters we’d have had people in space years before.
Since when have the commies every let a few deaths get in their way of "progress".
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:23 pm

I think both parties have or are about to split into two parties each....the next 6-8 years are going to be very interesting..... :coffee:
I think there’s a chance of that happening too and agree. The size of a center right party would be the thing to watch for. That would provide some balance.
The "center right" that you envision would contain the Neocons. They certainly would not be part of the conservative populists.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:32 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 am

The "center right" that you envision would contain the Neocons. They certainly would not be part of the conservative populists.
Yep. Just ask Lindsey Graham. :lol:

That fracture is why the Republican Party as we know it is over.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:48 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:32 pm
Yep. Just ask Lindsey Graham. :lol:

That fracture is why the Republican Party as we know it is over.
I just think the same thing is happening in the near future on the far left. The common-sense individuals in both parties have cowtowed to the extremes in the past couple elections (and the extremes have gotten waaaay more extreme) and I just feel there’s a schism coming when the standard government issue democrats realize that placating the OAC’s and Omars of the world isnt’ going to cut it. They won’t accept being placated without actual action (and 100% compliance) and that isnt’ going to happen....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
Haven't been back to this thread for a while. I am wondering if any of you are continuing to argue that there isn't a serious problem with the Republican base and/or that there is anything similar going on with respect to the Democrat base.

We've got about 20,000 National Guardsmen in Washington DC. Saw video of them lining the street today with their guns in ready position. You know why that is? The Republican base.

The National Mall is closed for the inauguration. You know why that is? The Republican base.

Did you see the poll last week that said 45% of Republicans supported the attack on the Capitol. Oh and BTW only 43% opposed it. Still say there is no problem with the Republican base? Still say "whatabout the Democrat base?"

Just don't. The Democrat base is not comparable. The Republican base is WAY worse right now in terms of being infected with a WHOLE lot of complete nut jobs. The Democrat base has NEVER done stuff like what's going on right now with the Republican base. Not even close.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
Haven't been back to this thread for a while. I am wondering if any of you are continuing to argue that there isn't a serious problem with the Republican base and/or that there is anything similar going on with respect to the Democrat base.

We've got about 20,000 National Guardsmen in Washington DC. Saw video of them lining the street today with their guns in ready position. You know why that is? The Republican base.

The National Mall is closed for the inauguration. You know why that is? The Republican base.

Did you see the poll last week that said 45% of Republicans supported the attack on the Capitol. Oh and BTW only 43% opposed it. Still say there is no problem with the Republican base? Still say "whatabout the Democrat base?"

Just don't. The Democrat base is not comparable. The Republican base is WAY worse right now in terms of being infected with a WHOLE lot of complete nut jobs. The Democrat base has NEVER done stuff like what's going on right now with the Republican base. Not even close.
:dead:

John, please stop posting about Trump and Republicans. You're a broken record beating a dead horse. I know what you're going to post before I read it so why waste my time.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

They're being used as political pawns.
Because of the hysteriaonics from the left.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm

John, please stop posting about Trump and Republicans. You're a broken record beating a dead horse. I know what you're going to post before I read it so why waste my time.
I'm just checking to see if you are now all willing to admit that there is a problem with the Republican base and there is no comparable problem with the Democrat base. Are you willing to admit that at this point or are we going to have to see more obvious evidence of it?
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

No. That's not it. It's that there is a problem in that a critical mass of the Republican base is composed of extremely ignorant, hateful people who are totally divorced from reality. It's a big problem for our country because one of the major political parties is held hostage to that. Republican politicians can't be rational and survive primaries.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm

I was right and you were wrong,
I'm going to sing the I was right song.

Well I know, I know the answers,
And you think you also do.
Why I say one plus one is eleven,
You think one plus one is two.
Well I've got some information,
And I just love that this is true -
I've got all the right answers,
And you haven't got a clue.
FYP
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Show a link or shut the fuck up.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The two most shocking things on the graphic are 1) that 21% of Independents strongly or somewhat supported the actions of the Trump supporters and 2) that 56% of voters believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election. That's more than half the voters and isn't just Republicans, there are Independents and probably Democrats who believe it.

This country does not trust the government and it isn't just Trump's fault.
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm
No. That's not it. It's that there is a problem in that a critical mass of the Republican base is composed of extremely ignorant, hateful people who are totally divorced from reality. It's a big problem for our country because one of the major political parties is held hostage to that. Republican politicians can't be rational and survive primaries.
You mean these hateful people divorced from reality?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 pm
The two most shocking things on the graphic are 1) that 21% of Independents strongly or somewhat supported the actions of the Trump supporters and 2) that 34% of Democrats believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election.

Yep. FFS a political outside was elected POTUS. If that doesn't scream "fuck the system" then I don't know what does.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 pm 34% of Democrats believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election.
Charts doesn't say that. :suspicious:

It says 34% of those that believe enough fraud took place to change the outcome of the election somewhat or strongly oppose storming the Capitol.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 pm 34% of Democrats believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election.

It says 34% of those that believe enough fraud took place to change the outcome of the election somewhat or strongly oppose storming the Capitol.
You're on the first part. I have no idea what you were trying to post on the second part, you went all Kalmmy there. I updated my post:

The two most shocking things on the graphic are 1) that 21% of Independents strongly or somewhat supported the actions of the Trump supporters and 2) that 56% of voters believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election. That's more than half the voters and isn't just Republicans, there are Independents and probably Democrats who believe it.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:19 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 am

You're on the first part. I have no idea what you were trying to post on the second part, you went all Kalmmy there. I updated my post:

It isn’t. But faith in institutions will likely make comeback over the next few years if you buy into generational theory. Same goes for increased government control like we’ve discussed before.

Thats where your warnings of left wing totalitarianism are legit. :nod:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:19 am that 56% of voters believe that enough election fraud took place to change the outcome of the presidential election. That's more than half the voters and isn't just Republicans, there are Independents and probably Democrats who believe it.
It doesn't say that either. :wall:

It says 56% of those that believe enough fraud took place to change the outcome of the election somewhat or strongly support storming the Capitol.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

:popcorn:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 pm

:popcorn:
Yeah...they are so much the same! :lol:

Nice to see SD skipping Fox News and the WSJ and going directly to Cernovichland.

:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:28 am Yeah...they are so much the same! :lol:

Nice to see SD skipping Fox News and the WSJ and going directly to Cernovichland.

Nice to see you turning a blind eye.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:28 am Yeah...they are so much the same! :lol:

To what? There were protests in 2016 therefore your argument is invalid? :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 am
To what? There were protests in 2016 therefore your argument is invalid? :lol:
Yes. Go read JSO's comment again please.