Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Limp Dick Trump

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:16 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 pm

If Trump is interfering with election officials and trying to undermine the election how could the Russian collusion impeachment hearings be described as anything other than an attempt by Nancy Pelosi to undermine the results of the 2016 election.

Neither the Donks or Conks have moral high ground on defending or disputing the 2020 election.
That's the irony we find ourselves in. Let the system run its course via the Courts and this all gets sorted out one way or another. Not sure why either side is screaming about it one way or another.

The "Trump filing lawsuits is defaming the democratic process" nonsense needs to stop.
Maybe this is why. :lol:

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Lame Duck Trump

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am Ideally, it would be nice to have your cabinet members involved in the transition information transfer.
Has Biden appointed anyone yet?
I can understand the argument of wanting to know the issues before choosing the cabinet member for the sake of getting the best match to the situation. But it shouldn't be that different than what Biden or Carmelo already know.
I agree, there's no reason for him not to be moving ahead with naming candidates for the cabinet, he should be able to do that now. And no, it's not like there is some secret information being withheld from him that would result in him changing gears in terms of who to select for the cabinet. It would certainly make things smoother but it's not impossible.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 am
This is a joke, right?
I can only assume he means we'd never hear the end of the election.
I'm sure that's exactly what he means. However, for him, and others to start pearl clutching about how this is some sort of unprecedented attack against the fundamental foundations of our Republic just need to stop.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am Ideally, it would be nice to have your cabinet members involved in the transition information transfer.
Has Biden appointed anyone yet?
I can understand the argument of wanting to know the issues before choosing the cabinet member for the sake of getting the best match to the situation. But it shouldn't be that different than what Biden or Carmelo already know.
I agree, there's no reason for him not to be moving ahead with naming candidates for the cabinet, he should be able to do that now. And no, it's not like there is some secret information being withheld from him that would result in him changing gears in terms of who to select for the cabinet. It would certainly make things smoother but it's not impossible.
Biden would be foolish to focus on specific candidates due to current conditions. Conditions change and members of the cabinet need to be able to adapt. Biden was VP for 8 years, he has a better understanding of this and how the White House works than Trump, Obama or Bush II did after they were first elected.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:12 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am

Biden would be foolish to focus on specific candidates due to current conditions. Conditions change and members of the cabinet need to be able to adapt. Biden was VP for 8 years, he has a better understanding of this and how the White House works than Trump, Obama or Bush II did after they were first elected.
I don't think that's what he is doing. I just think that the whining about "transition" is a bit much. Heck, Trump probably doesn't know some of the issues to transition, or at least doesn't know the whole story. Just wait for when the FBI, CIA and other national security orgs start telling Biden things that they didn't tell Trump. There will suddenly be several immediate critical issues the Biden Admin will have to deal with because these orgs didn't tell Trump because they didn't trust him.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Limp Dick Trump

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:16 am

That's the irony we find ourselves in. Let the system run its course via the Courts and this all gets sorted out one way or another. Not sure why either side is screaming about it one way or another.

The "Trump filing lawsuits is defaming the democratic process" nonsense needs to stop.
Maybe this is why. :lol:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:39 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am
I can only assume he means we'd never hear the end of the election.
I'm sure that's exactly what he means. However, for him, and others to start pearl clutching about how this is some sort of unprecedented attack against the fundamental foundations of our Republic just need to stop.
When your appeals get laughed out of court by a judge you appointed and your record is 1-39 you'd think that the need to just stop would have occured to the Trump Train ( :rofl: ) already

:coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:39 pm Trump is trying to steal the election. If this were a Democrat....we'd never hear the end of it.
Like I said.....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/politics ... index.html

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!