Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Election Predictions

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:40 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 am

Eh, Trump's going away, and soon. He's never cared that much about government or the position, his care has always been about his image. He'll retire to Mir-A-Lago, play golf a heckuva lot, tweet more often than we'd like, and will likely leave this Earth in the next decade. That's one advantage of really old politicians, they don't tend to stay around very long.
From the WH/presidency, yeah. But not from being high profile within the Rep party, and vis a vis attention/coverage from the MSM. The MSM hate Trump, but he is YUGE for their ratings. Made them tons of $$$. And Trump loves the attention. Its a symbiotic love/hate relationship. Covering Biden and McConnell will be about as exciting as watching paint dry. That's why, barring a serious medical issue, Trump won't be "going away soon", but will be high profile till at least 2024..
Exactly correct. He is an attraction. He's yugely bigly popular with the Republicans.

NOW - after after the leaves the White House, how will the GOP treat him? That's going to be interesting.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:39 am
I hope they don't have the fire to overturn the voice of the voter. The donk operatives ballot stuffers are pretty clear - Biden is President. Like it or not, that's where we are at. We'll see with the litigation that Sue 'Em Donny is unleashing but I have to HOPE that the GOP establishment will eventually grow a backbone. Graham won't. He's a lost cause. But maybe if the EV is high enough the GOP convinces him to lose with whatever grace he can muster.
FIFY
So the donk operative ballot stuffer efforts were more successful than the Trump/DeJoy postal service vote suppression efforts?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:25 am
FIFY
So the donk operative ballot stuffer efforts were more successful than the Trump/DeJoy postal service vote suppression efforts?
And more successful than the current Trump voter suppression efforts to stop counting legally cast ballots. :thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 am Provide proof. None of this trope, stereotype that can't be backed up by facts. We know Trump doesn't concern himself with facts and reality but we should try. We're talking about the integrity of our elections. If you have proof, we need to see it and investigate it. This isn't a Tammany Hall operation. There is zero evidence to back up that the Democratic Party has committed widespread voter fraud, across at least 5 states in order to A) narrowly win the White House; B) Lose seats in Congress and; C) Lose elections to flip seats. :thumb:

The logic doesn't hold up and I'm willing to be the farm that there's little to no evidence to substantiate the claims of voter fraud.

Doesn't sound any different from 2016 and commission which turned up a whole bunch o' nuthin'.
The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.

In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who are both Republicans and led the commission, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap said the documents show there was a “pre-ordained outcome” and that drafts of a commission report included a section on evidence of voter fraud that was “glaringly empty.”
https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 ... b35e82c18d
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am
And more successful than the current Trump voter suppression efforts to stop counting legally cast ballots. :thumb:
:nod: And the efforts to prevent counting from starting before November 3. It was a coordinated effort to limit the impact of mail-in ballots.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 am Provide proof. None of this trope, stereotype that can't be backed up by facts. We know Trump doesn't concern himself with facts and reality but we should try. We're talking about the integrity of our elections. If you have proof, we need to see it and investigate it. This isn't a Tammany Hall operation. There is zero evidence to back up that the Democratic Party has committed widespread voter fraud, across at least 5 states in order to A) narrowly win the White House; B) Lose seats in Congress and; C) Lose elections to flip seats. :thumb:

The logic doesn't hold up and I'm willing to be the farm that there's little to no evidence to substantiate the claims of voter fraud.

Doesn't sound any different from 2016 and commission which turned up a whole bunch o' nuthin'.
The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.

In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who are both Republicans and led the commission, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap said the documents show there was a “pre-ordained outcome” and that drafts of a commission report included a section on evidence of voter fraud that was “glaringly empty.”
https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 ... b35e82c18d
That's Fake News!!

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
1,298 Proven instances of voter fraud

FYI - The Heritage Foundation is a conservative "think tank". :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:55 am

:nod: And the efforts to prevent counting from starting before November 3. It was a coordinated effort to limit the impact of mail-in ballots.
Not to mention, a group of people who took the pandemic seriously and used the legal mail in vote is are clearly trying to undermine the election and destroy this county. I didn't realize Georgia was so Blue and anti-'Merica!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:40 am
From the WH/presidency, yeah. But not from being high profile within the Rep party, and vis a vis attention/coverage from the MSM. The MSM hate Trump, but he is YUGE for their ratings. Made them tons of $$$. And Trump loves the attention. Its a symbiotic love/hate relationship. Covering Biden and McConnell will be about as exciting as watching paint dry. That's why, barring a serious medical issue, Trump won't be "going away soon", but will be high profile till at least 2024..
Exactly correct. He is an attraction. He's yugely bigly popular with the Republicans.

NOW - after after the leaves the White House, how will the GOP treat him? That's going to be interesting.
I think there is going to be a dichotomy within the GOP. Some like Graham are going to be loyal to Trump in order to curry favor with his supporters while others like Haley will begin distancing themselves from Trump in the hope of bolstering their credibility for future elections. The media is going to continue to give Trump a platform so it will be interesting to see how this plays out and who benefits in 2022 and 2024.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I read an article a while back about what JJ was talking about. It was centered around a tie though and not the state legislatures going "nuclear" on sending electors to the EC. I think there is legitimate issues, but I don't think they'll do it. They push forward for "the sake of the nation".

JJ, I'm also not buying a deal on this issue. The D's will go for a 50-50 split with the GA runoffs and there would be no assurances that the D's wouldn't pack the court if they get 50 in the Senate. The pressure from the Marxist wing of the DNC would be too great not to act on it. Biden probably wouldn't pack the court, but Harris is pretty clear on her stance and we all know she'll be the one calling the shots once Dementia Joe goes full comatose.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:15 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 am

I think there is going to be a dichotomy within the GOP. Some like Graham are going to be loyal to Trump in order to curry favor with his supporters while others like Haley will begin distancing themselves from Trump in the hope of bolstering their credibility for future elections. The media is going to continue to give Trump a platform so it will be interesting to see how this plays out and who benefits in 2022 and 2024.

After Don Jr starting complaining, Cotton, Haley and Graham started tweeting and donating money. :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm I read an article a while back about what JJ was talking about. It was centered around a tie though and not the state legislatures going "nuclear" on sending electors to the EC. I think there is legitimate issues, but I don't think they'll do it. They push forward for "the sake of the nation".

JJ, I'm also not buying a deal on this issue. The D's will go for a 50-50 split with the GA runoffs and there would be no assurances that the D's wouldn't pack the court if they get 50 in the Senate. The pressure from the Marxist wing of the DNC would be too great not to act on it. Biden probably wouldn't pack the court, but Harris is pretty clear on her stance and we all know she'll be the one calling the shots once Dementia Joe goes full comatose.
Joe will be turned into an animatronic version of himself. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

According to PA law, ballots arriving after election day aren't legally cast.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 pm

And, they aren't being counted now. :thumb:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am And more successful than the current Trump voter suppression efforts to stop counting legally cast ballots. :thumb:
Unless postmarked by Election Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:02 pm
BDKJMU wrote: According to PA law, ballots arriving after election day aren't legally cast.
Unless postmarked by Election Day?
No, for PA it is arriving after Election Day no matter what. Even if postmarked on Election Day.

Right now, they are keeping those ballots separately as instructed by SCOTUS, who kicked the can down the road on that decision.

The irony is, that once all the other votes are counted and they're down... the Trump campaign might want those counted as a hail mary. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm I read an article a while back about what JJ was talking about. It was centered around a tie though and not the state legislatures going "nuclear" on sending electors to the EC. I think there is legitimate issues, but I don't think they'll do it. They push forward for "the sake of the nation".

I think there might be a couple of deep red state donk senators who wouldn't go for court packing and other radical parts of the dem agenda, like Manchin and Tester. But I'd rather not find out.

So it looks like the Senate will be 50-48 conk + 2 GA runoffs in Jan. Heard 8 of 10 most expensive Senate races were this election. Could these 2 races combine for 1 billion $$? With Senate control on the line, EVERYTHING will be on the line. Could be a special election like this country has never seen before. Conks better have their shit together with poll watchers and lawyers by the thousands..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

My money is on Pelosi and the DNC not keeping these kinds of Marxist outbursts in line.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:My money is on Pelosi and the DNC not keeping these kinds of Marxist outbursts in line.

Nope. They can’t. Pelosi might be out of a job

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
SDHornet wrote:My money is on Pelosi and the DNC not keeping these kinds of Marxist outbursts in line.

Meh, it'll cost the DNC more congressional seats.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:47 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Meh, it'll cost the DNC more congressional seats.
The infighting between AOC, the Squat, etc. and moderates like Spanberger and Veasey is going to be interesting.

Which party is most likely to have an ideological split?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm My money is on Pelosi and the DNC not keeping these kinds of Marxist outbursts in line.

What’s Marxist about what she said?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:11 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm My money is on Pelosi and the DNC not keeping these kinds of Marxist outbursts in line.

Marxists aren't always spouting marxist propaganda. In this instance, AOC is probably correct. At some point in the future, Trump sycophants will be trying to show that they weren't really sycophants.

I think there is a battle brewing in the DNC between the so-called progressives and the moderates.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:11 pm

More like Nazi. She’s about two weeks from sending around brown shirts to peoples homes and putting them in reeducation camps.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:11 pm What’s Marxist about what she said?
More like Nazi. She’s about two weeks from sending around brown shirts to peoples homes and putting them in reeducation camps.
$100 AOC doesn’t know what a Brownshirt is and thinks Goose-stepping is a dance.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:48 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
$100 AOC doesn’t know what a Brownshirt is and thinks Goose-stepping is a dance.

And I’ll go double or nothing she’s never heard of the Holocaust.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12