Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: POTUS Debate #3, 10/22 9 PM ECB

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:55 am
andy7171 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 am
I'm confused as to why Joe continued to stand behind statements that have been refuted and easily defeated. Like the fracking flip flopping. And saying no one lost their health insurance. Do people inside PA not hear what he says outside PA? Or vic versa? Or how 6M people lost their plans? I mean WTF?
I'm confused why BDanKlebiter or any other Uumpa Truumpa thinks Biden's dishonesty is a big deal when they support a serial liar. Trump calling out Biden for lying is a classic pot meet kettle moment.
Because one of the narratives around Biden is that he isn't dishonest like Trump and Biden is not corrupt. So naturally pointing out these lies, that are on tape, and then the whole pay from play scheme via Hunter completely sinks that narrative.

All Trump has to do is keep pointing out the Biden was a politician for 47 years and fixed none of the issues he is complaining about. The "I did more than you in 47 months than your 47 years" line is probably the most effective for Trump imo.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

For the JSOs out there that think Trump is the only politician with a cavalier attitude on facts.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Of course the Hubter e-mail and laptop were brought up and Biden’s response was basically: Russia, Russia, Russia!
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 am
Biden claimed we’re gonna lose another 200k lives to the China Virus by the end of the year. :roll: In other words, he claimed were going to lose almost as much many in the next 3 months as have lost in the 1st 9, when there’s zero evidence ti support that. And he didn’t state who made the ludicrous claim other than maybe “They”..Come on Man!
200,000 seemed high to me two.

What’s the acceptable number for you? If it’s just say 100,000 is that low enough to re-open everything and let those compromised fear mongerers stay home?

“This third surge is far more geographically dispersed than what the country saw in the spring or summer: The virus can now be found in every kind of American community, from tiny farm towns to affluent suburbs to bustling border cities. This is the first of the American surges with no clear epicenter: From North Carolina to North Dakota, and Colorado to Connecticut, more Americans are contracting COVID-19.

The United States now reports nearly 60,000 new cases every day, numbers previously seen only during the peak in July and early August. Since the middle of September, the number of new cases diagnosed each day has swelled by 73 percent. The number of Americans hospitalized has increased by at least 40 percent.

True to its pandemic response so far, the White House has not mounted an effort to stop this spike. Donald Trump has not spoken to the nation or pushed forward a strategy to address a third surge. And both the president and Vice President Mike Pence are holding crowded in-person rallies in some of the same states—such as Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Indiana—now seeing surges. In the next two weeks, yet more Americans will fall ill, in numbers that are certain to make this an Election Day unlike any other. If the country’s medical and political crises were ever separate, they are not now.

The third surge has belied some of Trump’s predictions about the pandemic. The president has repeatedly said that only states led by Democrats have struggled with the virus. “If you take the blue states out, we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at,” he said at a press conference last month.

Since then, coronavirus infections have skyrocketed in rural America. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 has more than tripled in North Dakota, Montana, and Wisconsin. It has roughly doubled in South Dakota, Utah, Indiana, and Ohio“

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... FjFwSvGkxA

catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:29 pm
"I take full responsibility. It's not my fault."
- President Donald J Trump
I only watched part of the debate so far. I doubt I'll watch the rest. This was definitely the most humorous quote while I was watching (though Trump wasn't trying to be funny with it).

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:05 am
UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:55 am

I'm confused why BDanKlebiter or any other Uumpa Truumpa thinks Biden's dishonesty is a big deal when they support a serial liar. Trump calling out Biden for lying is a classic pot meet kettle moment.
Because one of the narratives around Biden is that he isn't dishonest like Trump and Biden is not corrupt. So naturally pointing out these lies, that are on tape, and then the whole pay from play scheme via Hunter completely sinks that narrative.

All Trump has to do is keep pointing out the Biden was a politician for 47 years and fixed none of the issues he is complaining about. The "I did more than you in 47 months than your 47 years" line is probably the most effective for Trump imo.
The anklebiter will go out of his way to rationalize or deflect from Trump's lies and misdeeds but he likes to point out Bidens. They're both lying pieces of sh!t. Hold your guy to the same standard you want to hold the other guy.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote:
Biden claimed we’re gonna lose another 200k lives to the China Virus by the end of the year. :roll: In other words, he claimed were going to lose almost as much many in the next 3 months as have lost in the 1st 9, when there’s zero evidence ti support that. And he didn’t state who made the ludicrous claim other than maybe “They”..Come on Man!
FTR, I think he said by the end of winter, not the year.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

That debate was 6.93 million times better than the first.

BUT, the one sidedness continues. I haven't seen the final number, but last night there was an estimate that the moderator interrupted Trump 24-2 vs Biden. It was really sad to see. :ohno:

BTW, I'm pretty sure Biden threw Obama under the bus twice by claiming he was only VP and Obama failed at delivering.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:01 am
SDHornet wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:05 am

The anklebiter will go out of his way to rationalize or deflect from Trump's lies and misdeeds but he likes to point out Bidens. They're both lying pieces of sh!t. Hold your guy to the same standard you want to hold the other guy.
I do. Trump is a con-man and a liar and needs to not Tweet as much, but I can vote for him knowing his policy makes America better both domestically, economically, and on the foreign affairs front as well. Biden and his campaign have offered nothing to sway me to think his policy (which was the old policy) any better.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:57 am
andy7171 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 am
I'm confused as to why Joe continued to stand behind statements that have been refuted and easily defeated. Like the fracking flip flopping. And saying no one lost their health insurance. Do people inside PA not hear what he says outside PA? Or vic versa? Or how 6M people lost their plans? I mean WTF?
I feel that way about anything any Politician says. ESPECIALLY when you're on video saying it. :ohno:
My guess is that he still isn't quite sure how "connected" everyone is to all the different media sources. Thinks he can just say what he wants and it won't bite him in the ass.

My mom was hilarious with how she couldn't grasp technology.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:19 am
BDKJMU wrote:
200,000 seemed high to me two.

What’s the acceptable number for you? If it’s just say 100,000 is that low enough to re-open everything and let those compromised fear mongerers stay home?

“This third surge is far more geographically dispersed than what the country saw in the spring or summer: The virus can now be found in every kind of American community, from tiny farm towns to affluent suburbs to bustling border cities. This is the first of the American surges with no clear epicenter: From North Carolina to North Dakota, and Colorado to Connecticut, more Americans are contracting COVID-19.

The United States now reports nearly 60,000 new cases every day, numbers previously seen only during the peak in July and early August. Since the middle of September, the number of new cases diagnosed each day has swelled by 73 percent. The number of Americans hospitalized has increased by at least 40 percent.

True to its pandemic response so far, the White House has not mounted an effort to stop this spike. Donald Trump has not spoken to the nation or pushed forward a strategy to address a third surge. And both the president and Vice President Mike Pence are holding crowded in-person rallies in some of the same states—such as Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Indiana—now seeing surges. In the next two weeks, yet more Americans will fall ill, in numbers that are certain to make this an Election Day unlike any other. If the country’s medical and political crises were ever separate, they are not now.

The third surge has belied some of Trump’s predictions about the pandemic. The president has repeatedly said that only states led by Democrats have struggled with the virus. “If you take the blue states out, we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at,” he said at a press conference last month.

Since then, coronavirus infections have skyrocketed in rural America. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 has more than tripled in North Dakota, Montana, and Wisconsin. It has roughly doubled in South Dakota, Utah, Indiana, and Ohio“

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... FjFwSvGkxA
We’re going to lose:
-150k-175k to heart disease the next 3 months (based on recent history of 600-700k a year).
-150k-175k to cancer the next 3 months (based on recent history of 600-700k a year).
(Or would if a chunk of them weren’t cause of death listed as China Virus). Its called a country of 330+ million where several million die every year.

If we don’t fully open up we’re going to have more and more compounding problems that have been listed ad nauseum on here, negatively effect 10s of millions of people (with tens of thousands more down the road deaths) which is worse than tens of thousands more China Virus deaths. You can’t make the cure worse than the virus.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Conspiracy theory of the day - was Biden receiving instructions on his smartwatch last night?

All my posts are satire.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 am
BDKJMU wrote:
You could be right, but I thought it “was end of the year”. Of course with Biden, you never know. Maybe he said both.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:17 am

BUT, the one sidedness continues. I haven't seen the final number, but last night there was an estimate that the moderator interrupted Trump 24-2 vs Biden. It was really sad to see. :ohno:

BTW, I'm pretty sure Biden threw Obama under the bus twice by claiming he was only VP and Obama failed at delivering.
How many times did Trump go over his time limit compared to Biden?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Trump claimed a miracle would make this go away when it got hot. There's zero evidence to support that.

C'mon, man. Have some integrity. Trump has been as wrong and out of touch with the entire crisis and yet you are oblivious to it. :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 am
89Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 am

You could be right, but I thought it “was end of the year”. Of course with Biden, you never know. Maybe he said both.
Didn't Trump say by the summer? So...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:36 am
UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:01 am

I do. Trump is a con-man and a liar and needs to not Tweet as much, but I can vote for him knowing his policy makes America better both domestically, economically, and on the foreign affairs front as well. Biden and his campaign have offered nothing to sway me to think his policy (which was the old policy) any better.
You do. You're a "hold your nose and vote for Trump" person which I understand and respect. I have a harder time understanding or respecting the true believers. They're in a cult not all that different from the woke left.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote:

Yep, she was one sided. I honestly thought it would be worse, though. And the loaded questioning on things like racial relations and climate change of course benefitted Biden, allowing him to come out in offense and Trump on defense.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:56 am
89Hen wrote:

How many times did Trump go over his time limit compared to Biden?
None. The only time limits were the 2 minutes at the start and I only remember the mute coming on once on the last word of Trump speaking.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 am
89Hen wrote:

Yep, she was one sided. I honestly thought it would be worse, though. And the loaded questioning on things like racial relations and climate change of course benefitted Biden, allowing him to come out in offense and Trump on defense.
Maybe in 2024 we can have Republicans ask the Republicans questions and the Democrats as Democrat questions. That way both sides will be happy with the questions.

Why do you feel Biden benefitted from Race and Climate discussions? The Climate one is obvious. But Race? Trump has emboldened white supremacists. It's not until has asked, hounded and had days of bad press does he actually have a firm statement.
Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am
Trump has been as wrong and out of touch with the entire crisis
You sure about that? Pay attention around the 3:00 mark...

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:37 am
Ibanez wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am
Trump has been as wrong and out of touch with the entire crisis
You sure about that? Pay attention around the 3:00 mark...

Yes. I am sure about that. He's made everything Republican vs Democrat, he's failed to take responsibility, he's flouted his own governments guidelines for public health while KNOWING the huge influence he has, his idea of reassurance is false hope (it'll be gone by when it gets hot, it's almost over, etc...) he's pushed treatments he believes are safe when the medical community has said they aren't sure and need more research.

I'm simply amazed that people look at such failure and are ready to sign up for more.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 am
I'm simply amazed that people look at such failure and are ready to sign up for more.
I don't disagree that the messaging has been inconsistent and pretty poor. But that's from EVERYONE. Who has been consistent? Not Fauci, not WHO, not Cuomo...

Give me a few examples of what you think Clinton or Biden would have done better. Of course anything you or I say about what somebody else would have done is pure conjecture, so I don't know how much time you want to waste on this frivolous exercise.

SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

It is amusing to me that BDKJMU reporting on Trump has a lot of similarities to BDKJMU reporting on JMU football. Even an unbiased all the way. :thumb: :thumb:

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:04 pm
Ibanez wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 am
I don't disagree that the messaging has been inconsistent and pretty poor. But that's from EVERYONE. Who has been consistent? Not Fauci, not WHO, not Cuomo...

Give me a few examples of what you think Clinton or Biden would have done better. Of course anything you or I say about what somebody else would have done is pure conjecture, so I don't know how much time you want to waste on this frivolous exercise.
And BTW, I wouldn't be voting for Trump because of Covid response, or lack of. I'm not a one issue voter.