Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Self-explanatory thread title. I did not vote for Trump the first time around but I'm voting tomorrow and will almost surely vote for him.

My reasons listed from least important to most important.

1. Jo Jorgensen's willingness to pander to the anti-police crowd is nauseating and the LP as a whole doesn't want to deal with issues I think are important (see #4).

2. The Green Party appears to be not even trying, isn't fighting to stay on the ballots, isn't trying to make the case to Bernie voters and proggies to vote for them, is too far left across the board, and won't address issues I think re important (see #4).

3. Joe Biden absolutely deserves to lose for making a blatantly token pick for VP whose support in the Dem primaries was underwhelming while most everyone except the JSOs and deep-blue Donk partisans know Joe isn't going to last 4 years doing the normal duties of the office. For anyone that would say "but Trump is old, too", he's much more likely to last because he spends so much of his day watching TV and Tweeting.

4. I think there is a definite illiberal streak within the left that's dangerous and has been growing alarmingly powerful. It's entrenched within the media, within big Tech, and within our colleges and unlike Trump you can't vote it out. It's not just the cancel culture and Orwellian censorship by Tech companies, it's everything from the very dangerous antagonizing of police (which is just going to mean more crime and more black people in urban areas dying) to the agenda of "social justice" that any economic and social discrepancies between groups of people must be explained by systemic bias or some "-ism". It's not just a few scattered cases of PC run amok, it's everywhere and it'll just be emboldened with Biden and Harris in the White House. The power of mobs is derived from how afraid people are to cross them and that will just get worse if there's no Trump.

And *the* biggest reason for me that tipped the scales and helped me make up my mind.

5. If Trump gets completely boatraced the Democrats will overplay their hand and let fringe elements in the party have seats at the table and come 2022 we'll end up with a red tsunami election that will just increase the level of crazy in congress.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am Image
Nonsense, I clicked on this thread and read his post. Why are you trying to suppress his vote? Why do you hate voting so much? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am Image
Good point. Probably should've made the thread title "justify your trump vote" instead of "look at me!".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Why I‘m voting for Trump (but not holding my nose):

Domestic:
1.Judicial appointments (3 SCOTUS judges + close 300 others
2.Tax cuts for 2/3 of taxpayers.
3.Getting tougher on Illegal Immigration.
4.Unemployment before the China Virus.
5.Stock Market.
6.Ending Obamacare mandate.
7.Deregulation.
8.Aprroving Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines.
9.American Energy Independence- net exporter.
10.VA Reform/Greatly expanded what had been a limited, temporary, VA Choice Program.
11.Criminal Justice Reform.
12.Creation of Space Force.

Foreign policy:
1.Renegotiating NAFTA (United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement
2.Pulling out of TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership).
3.Getting tough on China. A trade war is bad, but with China:
-we have a massive trade deficit.
-China puts tarriffs on US goods.
-They manipulate their currency.
-They committ massive state sponsored economic espionage.
4.Nixing the terrible Iran Deal
-Didn’t allow for unannounced, unfettered inspections
-Unfroze 150 billion in Iranian assets.
-1.7 billion direct cash to Iran
5.Pulling out of the Paris Climate deal.
-Not a treaty.
-Didn’t hold China & India to same standards.
-Would cost our economy trillions long term, with marginal benefit in terms of stopping any human caused global warming
6.Getting deadbeat NATO countries to to pay more.
7.Pulling out of Syria.
8.Opening dialogue with North Korea.
9.Middle East Peace deal (Nobel Peace Prize nomination)
10.Balkans peace deal. (Nobel Peace Prize nomination).
11.3rd Nobel Peace Prize nomination.
11.Killing of Al Baghdadi- founder ISIS.
12.Killing of Soleimani.
13.US Embassy moved to Jerusalem.

And those are just the 1st 25 off the top of my head..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

My voting is based on what's good for America as a whole, and not what is good for me personally.
With that said, I have three main pillars of political posture:
1. Liberty - Freedom afforded to Americans based on current laws and the Constitution.
2. Safety/Security - Both nationally (strong military) and locally (law enforcement)
3. Jobs - People need to have jobs and be accountable for their own consumerism and have ability to advance in class.

Anything else is a distant 4, 5, 6,....but as those are added in, it becomes harder and harder to find a perfect match. Not that the Top 3 are an easy match, but it's a matter of choosing the better candidate.

Until Trump, we really didn't have to worry too much about divisiveness due to personality. Previous candidates were mostly divisive because of policies and not personality. Trump has created a new category to consider that falls somewhere on the list below the Top 3. But it still doesn't supplant any of the Top 3 so it's not a factor for me.

With all that said, I voted for Trump in the General Election (not primary) in 2016 and will do so again in 2020 because I think he is the better candidate for the Top 3 pillars.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Voted Libertarian last time because I simply didn't think Trump would fulfill his promises. In my opinion Trump has fulfilled many, and of those he hasn't, he put in a decent effort.

Trump earned my vote.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Because I'm not voting for Biden and I'm tired of the whiny libs complaining about popular vote vs EC.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 pm Because I'm not voting for Biden and I'm tired of the whiny libs complaining about popular vote vs EC.
Well, that too! Plus I know of at least 10 Leftists on Facebook I can get to unfriend me if I gloat enough over a Trump victory.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

I can’t stand the egotistical a$$wipe.

He delivered over and over until China unleashed the plague and the Dims decided that the only way to combat it was to hide out for years wrecking the economy.

They then started burning leftist cities down and threatening more to come if they didn’t get their way.

I voting for the guy that delivered over those throwing temper tantrums and making threats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Pwns wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am Self-explanatory thread title. I did not vote for Trump the first time around but I'm voting tomorrow and will almost surely vote for him.

My reasons listed from least important to most important.

1. Jo Jorgensen's willingness to pander to the anti-police crowd is nauseating and the LP as a whole doesn't want to deal with issues I think are important (see #4).

2. The Green Party appears to be not even trying, isn't fighting to stay on the ballots, isn't trying to make the case to Bernie voters and proggies to vote for them, is too far left across the board, and won't address issues I think re important (see #4).

3. Joe Biden absolutely deserves to lose for making a blatantly token pick for VP whose support in the Dem primaries was underwhelming while most everyone except the JSOs and deep-blue Donk partisans know Joe isn't going to last 4 years doing the normal duties of the office. For anyone that would say "but Trump is old, too", he's much more likely to last because he spends so much of his day watching TV and Tweeting.

4. I think there is a definite illiberal streak within the left that's dangerous and has been growing alarmingly powerful. It's entrenched within the media, within big Tech, and within our colleges and unlike Trump you can't vote it out. It's not just the cancel culture and Orwellian censorship by Tech companies, it's everything from the very dangerous antagonizing of police (which is just going to mean more crime and more black people in urban areas dying) to the agenda of "social justice" that any economic and social discrepancies between groups of people must be explained by systemic bias or some "-ism". It's not just a few scattered cases of PC run amok, it's everywhere and it'll just be emboldened with Biden and Harris in the White House. The power of mobs is derived from how afraid people are to cross them and that will just get worse if there's no Trump.

And *the* biggest reason for me that tipped the scales and helped me make up my mind.

5. If Trump gets completely boatraced the Democrats will overplay their hand and let fringe elements in the party have seats at the table and come 2022 we'll end up with a red tsunami election that will just increase the level of crazy in congress.
If you do you will be voting to harm this country.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

#4 alone is enough to never vote for a Democrat ever again.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I haven't cared for Trump since I first heard about him in the 1970s. He has done nothing but confirm my first impression. Biden has no business running for President. Third party had a pretty weak list too. I looked at who in Washington, do I believe would make the best President and wrote them in. The next four years will be interesting, and hopefully a strong leader will emerge and run in 2024. I'm not holding my breath on that happening.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

1. Biden will turn us into Venezuela

2). Herd immunity

3). My portfolio

4). Country music

5). Science can’t be trusted

6). Cheap gas

7). The confederate flag

8). If I’m smart and work hard I too can become a deal artist and plate everything in gold.

9). God

10. I’m white
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:48 am 1. Biden will turn us into Venezuela

2). Herd immunity

3). My portfolio

4). Country music

5). Science can’t be trusted

6). Cheap gas

7). The confederate flag

8). If I’m smart and work hard I too can become a deal artist and plate everything in gold.

9). God

10. I’m white
:D

I get jokes and sarcasm.

But I listen to black talk radio in local traffic. It a solid 75/25 callers in the Biden/Trump support from what I hear. And what is truly shocking is the Klacik supporters nearing 50/50 vs Mfume. Saying that, I'm not betting anything on either in Maryland. But its no longer 97/3 like it has been. I mean the hosts don't laugh them off the radio anymore.

I'm throwing my presidential vote away again.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm #4 alone is enough to never vote for a Democrat ever again.
#4 is total nonsense. Tech companies, for example, are not engaged in "Orwellian censorship." They are just trying to respond to misinformation being distributed. And, unfortunately, most of the misinformation being distributed right now is coming from the right. It is the more dishonest side. It is what it is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:46 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm #4 alone is enough to never vote for a Democrat ever again.
#4 is total nonsense. Tech companies, for example, are not engaged in "Orwellian censorship." They are just trying to respond to misinformation being distributed. And, unfortunately, most of the misinformation being distributed right now is coming from the right. It is the more dishonest side. It is what it is.
I sure don't remember Russia collusion, Ukraine impeachment or Covington Catholic being censored.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And you’re exhibit A for why #4 alone is enough. You, a self proclaimed “conservative” or libertarian, spouting that bullshit. They do it. They admit they do it. They’ve been caught on camera GLOATING about doing it. It’s essentially common knowledge. But in your case of TDS, you can’t see what’s as plain as the nose on your face.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:30 pm

And you’re exhibit A for why #4 alone is enough. You, a self proclaimed “conservative” or libertarian, spouting that bullshit. They do it. They admit they do it. They’ve been caught on camera GLOATING about doing it. It’s essentially common knowledge. But in your case of TDS, you can’t see what’s as plain as the nose on your face.
JSO has snakes in his head. That's exactly what happens when you become part of a cult.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Back on topic but not because I disagree with the last 2 posts. Actually I quite enjoyed them!

Trump ranks right up there with Nixon, Gore, Kerry and Clinton as the most unlikeable Presidential candidates in my voting lifetime. But this isn't about who I would invite to dinner. It is about policy promised and delivered. Trump didn't get my vote in '16 but he gets it this year. Maybe a pair of gloves will be necessary but vote for him I will. And I don't even want to mention how scary is the idea of this crowd of Democrats in control of the Presidency and the Senate and the House.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:46 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 pm Because I'm not voting for Biden and I'm tired of the whiny libs complaining about popular vote vs EC.
Well, that too! Plus I know of at least 10 Leftists on Facebook I can get to unfriend me if I gloat enough over a Trump victory.
More likely they'll be laughing and japing about the Blue Tsunami
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 pm Back on topic but not because I disagree with the last 2 posts. Actually I quite enjoyed them!

Trump ranks right up there with Nixon, Gore, Kerry and Clinton as the most unlikeable Presidential candidates in my voting lifetime. But this isn't about who I would invite to dinner. It is about policy promised and delivered. Trump didn't get my vote in '16 but he gets it this year. Maybe a pair of gloves will be necessary but vote for him I will. And I don't even want to mention how scary is the idea of this crowd of Democrats in control of the Presidency and the Senate and the House.

Wait until they pack of the Supreme Court..... I believe that both Hillary and Barack have strong backgrounds in Constitutional law, n'est pas? And you don't need to have tried a case or anything to qualify so finding three liberal judges to seat with Merrick Garland should be a breeze even if you want to appoint HRC as Secretary of State again.....

Laissez les bon temps roulez! :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:27 am
well, I actually agree with them on one aspect. Get rid of the national anthem, flyovers, military appreciation pandering, camo uniforms, etc., etc. that have invaded sports.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

False narrative, destructive agenda and demented candidate vs terrible individual with policies of peace and prosperity. Why is this hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk