kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: So, hhmmmm, what's a new topic? Hunter Biden

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:53 pm
Pwns wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:37 am TBH, the lede here is that social media actively censored a story in an election year due to crackdown that Democrats in congress pressured them to do. And there'll be nothing but crickets from the people so concerned about protecting democracy.
But we should believe their Ukraine coverage though.
Just like with Covid coverage it’s really not that hard to see through all the noise and find accurate reporting. Unless you’re gullible to everything you read and/or are only searching for confirmation bias.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:00 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am
That makes it ok!? :lol:
If it isn't him, it's somebody else. Just saying that it's an odd thing to blame HIM for. It's part of doing business there. Like pork being added to a bill for a congressional vote. It's not right, but it's how things operate. There are plenty of things you can criticize him for, but blaming him for playing by the unofficial rules isn't a convincing one.
True, but he chose to stay with it after he inherited from his dad and he chose to run for public office where it can be used against him. His choices and he owns them no matter how much he likes to avoid responsibility and consequences.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

If it isn't him, it's somebody else. Just saying that it's an odd thing to blame HIM for. It's part of doing business there. Like pork being added to a bill for a congressional vote. It's not right, but it's how things operate. There are plenty of things you can criticize him for, but blaming him for playing by the unofficial rules isn't a convincing one.
What a fantastic justification! :lol:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

It's an odd thing to blame a guy for dealing with criminals? I get what you're trying to say but you're rationalizing the behavior.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:26 am
It's an odd thing to blame a guy for dealing with criminals? I get what you're trying to say but you're rationalizing the behavior.
Can you tell me one developer that isn't dealing with criminals in NYC?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 pm

Does that make it right?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:58 pm

Does that make it right?
It's the cost of playing the game. Not saying Trump didn't do something wrong along the way, but you can't throw out a blanket statement for something that is "the cost of doing business" that developers have no control of. They are the victims in many areas. And some of the criminals can be found in the city government.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

1) Doesn't make it right
2) How many of those mob connected developers were running for leader of the Free World and won?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:32 pm

1) Doesn't make it right
2) How many of those mob connected developers were running for leader of the Free World and won?
Many in congress won.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:08 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:58 pm

Does that make it right?
It's the cost of playing the game. Not saying Trump didn't do something wrong along the way, but you can't throw out a blanket statement for something that is "the cost of doing business" that developers have no control of. They are the victims in many areas. And some of the criminals can be found in the city government.
“Cost of playing the game” could be assigned to many nefarious things. One could argue that mentality represents precisely what is wrong with our culture. And the Trumps are near the top of that game.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Looks like Grassley and Johnson have some actual receipts:

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/ ... nt-n458843

As usual, we’ll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

What matters more...corruption or the appearance of corruption? If Hunter is guilty then I hope he gets the book thrown at him.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

So with the mainstream media finally admitting the laptop is real, what upcoming disclosure are they trying to get out ahead of?

Seems to be the usual game of finally discussing the obvious because they know something bigger is coming down the pike.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:48 am Looks like Grassley and Johnson have some actual receipts:

As usual, we’ll see!

Interesting timing. Grassley and Johnson were called out two weeks ago as having been provided the contents of the laptop over a year ago. The guy, Jack Maxey, said people were going to be pissed the two of them had not done a thing in regards to the laptop when he, Maxey, released what he found. And just like that, movement.

Maxey is the one who gave WaPo their copy and works with Steve Bannon...as a disclaimer.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:59 am So with the mainstream media finally admitting the laptop is real, what upcoming disclosure are they trying to get out ahead of?

Seems to be the usual game of finally discussing the obvious because they know something bigger is coming down the pike.
This smells like James Wolfe all over again. You know, the guy who leaked the entire Carter Page FISA to his reporter girlfriend? I don't think he did any time and the media pulled the same trick to get out ahead of the story.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Because he was only convicted of lying to the FBI about his relationship with a reporter.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:19 pm Because he was only convicted of lying to the FBI about his relationship with a reporter.
And what was his sentence?

He also threatened to rat out the SSCI and thus got all the glowing reviews to take it easy on him.

You're missing the point though. Mueller had to provide clean up on aisle 11 because Wolfe got caught in a separate FBI probe, so they did the usual release of damning information through WaPo.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:28 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:19 pm Because he was only convicted of lying to the FBI about his relationship with a reporter.
And what was his sentence?
2 months
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:48 am Looks like Grassley and Johnson have some actual receipts:

As usual, we’ll see!

Interesting timing. Grassley and Johnson were called out two weeks ago as having been provided the contents of the laptop over a year ago. The guy, Jack Maxey, said people were going to be pissed the two of them had not done a thing in regards to the laptop when he, Maxey, released what he found. And just like that, movement.

Maxey is the one who gave WaPo their copy and works with Steve Bannon...as a disclaimer.
If you read up on this outside of the Infowars universe, you would know that Grassley and Johnson have been pursuing this in the Senate the entire time

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:16 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

If you read up on this outside of the Infowars universe, you would know that Grassley and Johnson have been pursuing this in the Senate the entire time

Sounds like GOP are pulling out the big timber with Grassley and Johnson. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gotta love how the Hunter Biden laptop went from "Russian disinformation" to "oh noes receipts". :lol:

The question isn't what's going to happen to Hunter (nothing), the question is what is the regime trying to leverage out of Biden? They must be big mad about something.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:46 pm Gotta love how the Hunter Biden laptop went from "Russian disinformation" to "oh noes receipts". :lol:

The question isn't what's going to happen to Hunter (nothing), the question is what is the regime trying to leverage out of Biden? They must be big mad about something.
Here we sit at a critical nexus regarding the fate of our planet and all your myopic ass can do is whimper about the the President's kid taking kickbacks. Don't be such a myopic cunt, SD, there will be plenty of time to deal with the various Biden, Trump, and Kushner criminals that have been lining their pockets with our money for the past six years, but first we need to do a little maintenance on the free world. :thumb:

This Hunter variant of the Biden Derangement Syndrome seems to be wreaking havoc inside your head, SD, you really should seek professional help... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:58 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:46 pm Gotta love how the Hunter Biden laptop went from "Russian disinformation" to "oh noes receipts". :lol:

Here we sit at a critical nexus regarding the fate of our planet and all your myopic ass can do is whimper about the the President's kid taking kickbacks. Don't be such a myopic cunt, SD, there will be plenty of time to deal with the various Biden, Trump, and Kushner criminals that have been lining their pockets with our money for the past six years, but first we need to do a little maintenance on the free world. :thumb:

This Hunter variant of the Biden Derangement Syndrome seems to be wreaking havoc inside your head, SD, you really should seek professional help... :ohno:
Fate of our planet? :? :lol:

Biden has a crackhead son that was used as a grift. If people are too stupid to connect the dots, that's on them. And why limit it to the last 6 years, this grift from the political elites goes back decades.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:13 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:58 am

Biden has a crackhead son that was used as a grift. If people are too stupid to connect the dots, that's on them. And why limit it to the last 6 years, this grift from the political elites goes back decades.
You need to have that BDS looked at. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:27 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:13 pm

You need to have that BDS looked at. :coffee:
I'm not obsessed over our demented president and his crackhead son. His failings are quite the conundrum for your ilk though. :coffee: