Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: POTUS Debate #1

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:03 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:00 am I like this suggestion:

At 5 seconds over, the moderator shoots them with a nerf gun. At 10 seconds, cold water is dropped from above. At 15 seconds, The Rock comes out and beats the sh*t out of them. At 20 seconds, Triple H shows up with a metal chair and slams The Rock over the head with it. At 25 seconds, we're watching Wrestlemania instead.
:rofl: Let's add 5 more seconds to drop flour on them between water and the Rock.
:lol:

Then we find out that Trump's Presidency has really just been an extended advertisement for Wrestlemania.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:57 am
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 am

This is true.

But only one person on that stage could have corrected it, and that was Trump.
Really? He could correct Biden interrupting him? :roll: :roll:
UNI88 made my point more elaborately above. Trump undoubtedly drove the tone and style of that 'debate.'
It's clearly a tactic. And I was hopeful that Biden would bite less than he did.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:24 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 pm Biden: “The Green New Deal will pay for itself.”
Wallace: “Do you support the Green New Deal?”
Biden: “No I don’t support the Green New Deal.”
That was equally as bad as Trump not condemning white supremacists
WALLACE: You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out antifa and other left-wing extremist groups. But are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland? Are you prepared to specifically do that?

TRUMP: Sure, I'm prepared to do that. But I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing. If you look, I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace.

WALLACE: Then do it, sir.

BIDEN: Do it. Say it.

TRUMP: You want to call them? What do you want to call them? Give me a name, give me a name, go ahead — who would you like me to condemn?

WALLACE: White supremacists, white supremacists and right-wing militia.

TRUMP: Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what: Somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left. Because this is not a right-wing problem — this is a left-wing problem.
Wallace when referring to the Charlottesville riots repeated the LIE from the left that when Trump referred to fine people on both sides, he was referring to the rioters (neo nazis/skinheads on one side, and ANTIFA on the other) (although to the media and left it was neo nazis/skinheads on one side, and peaceful protestors on the other). He was referring to people who were peacefully debating on both sides of the statue debate prior to any rioting , not the rioters.

Wallace asked Trump about that Charlottesville comment, and asked Trump if he would disavow neo nazis, but
–Never asked Biden to disavow ANTIFA.
-Never asked Biden about his fighting against bussing, and commenting that he didn’t want his kids to go to school in an “urban jungle”.
-Never asked Biden about his association/support/friendship with avowed segregationist democrat senators from back in the day.
-Never asked Biden about his comment about blacks “if you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black”.
-Didn't ask Biden referring to black criminals about his 'Super Predator' comment, but Trump did bring that up.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:03 am

:rofl: Let's add 5 more seconds to drop flour on them between water and the Rock.
:lol:

Then we find out that Trump's Presidency has really just been an extended advertisement for Wrestlemania.
And the criticism of NFL player protests was really to tee up the XFL
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

-Referring to the China Virus said “under Trump 200,000 have died, how many of them have survived?”

Not going to help him with the left and Bernie Bros:
-Green New Deal will pay for itself, but when asked by Wallace if he supported it, said he didn’t support it (quoted above).
-Tried to disavow support for the Bernie manifesto, even though he has already endorsed it.
-When pressed if he supported ending the legislative fillibuster or packing SCOTUS says “I won’t give an answer on that because I don’t want my answer to be the issue.”

Also referring to the China Virus said “under Trump 200,000 have died, how many of them have survived?” :suspicious:

Best line of the night: “Joe, I’ve done more in 47 months that you did in 47 years.”
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:15 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:55 am

Wallace tried but without being able to turn off Trump's mic that debate was almost impossible to moderate.Trump was the classroom bully that refused to listen so the teacher needed to call the office to send security to take him away.

Chuck Barris is dead so maybe Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, Sally Jessy Raphael or similar should moderate the next debate.
Yeah. I agree.

Btw, probably the most honest/truthful thing Trump said last night
TRUMP: Antifa is a dangerous, radical group, and you ought to be careful with them. They'll overthrow you.
According to Biden, Antifa is just an idea, that's all. :lol:
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:31 am
YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST, MAN! YOU'RE HUNG UP ON A CLOWN FROM THE 60S, MAN!
That was 2016, who gives a flying fuck?!?! Past performance doesn't necessarily predict future outcomes.
Dal, you don't need to use all caps. :lol:
It was a Seinfeld reference. But hey, don't let style get in the way of standing your ground and defending your point.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 am He was referring to people who were peacefully debating on both sides of the statue debate prior to any rioting , not the rioters.
There were no peaceful protesters from the right that day. Everyone there was a member of a white supremacist group.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:24 am

That was equally as bad as Trump not condemning white supremacists
Wallace when referring to the Charlottesville riots repeated the LIE from the left that when Trump referred to fine people on both sides, he was referring to the rioters (neo nazis/skinheads on one side, and ANTIFA on the other) (although to the media and left it was neo nazis/skinheads on one side, and peaceful protestors on the other). He was referring to people who were peacefully debating on both sides of the statue debate prior to any rioting , not the rioters.

Wallace asked Trump about that Charlottesville comment, and asked Trump if he would disavow neo nazis, but
–Never asked Biden to disavow ANTIFA.
-Never asked Biden about his fighting against bussing, and commenting that he didn’t want his kids to go to school in an “urban jungle”.
-Never asked Biden about his association/support/friendship with avowed segregationist democrat senators from back in the day.
-Never asked Biden about his comment about blacks “if you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black”.
-Didn't ask Biden referring to black criminals about his 'Super Predator' comment, but Trump did bring that up.
Dude...
It was an easy answer and he fucked it up. Quit deflecting

Do you support white supremacists?
No, I do not.
Ok, next question.

It really isn't that difficult...unless you're Trump.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem this is a left wing.

He not only refused to denounce, he weaponized.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem this is a left wing.

yeah but Biden!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am
Dal, you don't need to use all caps. :lol:
It was a Seinfeld reference. But hey, don't let style get in the way of standing your ground and defending your point.
Don't expect everyone to have watched Seinfeld. I've watched like 2-3 episodes.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:02 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 pm

Don't expect everyone to have watched Seinfeld. I've watched like 2-3 episodes.
Oh, I don't.

Now M*A*S*H...I do expect. :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:59 pm
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem this is a left wing.

yeah but Biden!
To be fair, Biden denounced violence and looting but not Antifa directly. There has been significant violence and looting at events where Antifa (and BLM) have a major presence. Stating that Antifa is just an "idea" but not admitting that they use intimidation and violence and denouncing them for it could be considered tacit approval.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden refused to denounce ANTIFA. Not only that, tacitly defended them by calling them "an idea" :roll:
Compare the amount of ANTIFA/BLM looting & rioting to that done by the Proud Boys (practically none)..
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:05 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:59 pm

yeah but Biden!
To be fair, Biden denounced violence and looting but not Antifa directly. There has been significant violence and looting at events where Antifa (and BLM) have a major presence. Stating that Antifa is just an "idea" but not admitting that they use intimidation and violence and denouncing them for it could be considered tacit approval.
Is Antifa an organized group? Who is their leader? Who do we take out to cut off the head?

Serious questions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Biden refused to denounce ANTIFA. Not only that, tacitly defended them by calling them "an idea" :roll:
Compare the amount of ANTIFA/BLM looting & rioting to that done by the Proud Boys (practically none)..
Trump refused to denounce White Supremacists. Not only that, tacitly supported and advised them by telling a group to "stand back and stand by" :roll:

Comparing the hateful actions of one group against another is a pretty stupid defense.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:11 pm
Trump refused to denounce White Supremacists. Not only that, tacitly supported and advised them by telling a group to "stand back and stand by" :roll:

Comparing the hateful actions of one group against another is a pretty stupid defense.
Let's not forget he threw the legitimacy of free and fair elections into the ground and curb stomped it. Gonna be a FUN post-election.

"If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”

BDK will be the first to declare Trump the King of America.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

It appears Biden was paraphrasing the Trump appointed FBI director?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... n-73077727
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Vidav wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:05 pm
Is Antifa an organized group? Who is their leader? Who do we take out to cut off the head?

Serious questions.
Do we ignore them and pretend they're not a problem because they're a movement without defined leadership or structure?

Wasn't Aaron Danielson killed by an Antifa supporter?

Antifa is a hypocritcal movement, they claim to be anti-facist but use facist techniques to intimidate their opponents. The violence and looting being done in their name is real and should be addressed and denounced. Trump should absolutely denounce racism and white supremecy and Biden should do the same for the violence and looting committed by followers of the Antifa movement. Calling it "an idea" is a cop-out and tacit approval.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:19 pm
Vidav wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Serious questions.
Do we ignore them and pretend they're not a problem because they're a movement without defined leadership or structure?

Wasn't Aaron Danielson killed by an Antifa supporter?

Antifa is a hypocritcal movement, they claim to be anti-facist but use facist techniques to intimidate their opponents. The violence and looting being done in their name is real and should be addressed and denounced. Trump should absolutely denounce racism and white supremecy and Biden should do the same for the violence and looting committed by followers of the Antifa movement. Calling it "an idea" is a cop-out and tacit approval.
No, we don't ignore them. But I guess I don't see how saying Antifa is an idea (or ideology) is approval.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Proud Boys have denied being white supremacists, and have themselves rejected white supremacy.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Proud Boys have denied being white supremacists, and have themselves rejected white supremacy.
I deny socialism. :nod:
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

I guess my thought is it would be like saying white supremacy is an ideology. But then the KKK is an organization that follows that ideology. Antifa is an ideology and some people follow it.