Heaven and stuff

Political discussions
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by JohnStOnge »

All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’”
He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 36844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’”
He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
Jesus supported Hillary?

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’”
He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
You are correct to a point, in that there will be people who thought they were doing what they needed, but are incorrect. I don't think supporting Trump qualifies.

But it does raise a good question. Can your salvation be revoked?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pwns wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am
The kingdom of God is made up of exotic matter that emits or absorbs no electromagnetic radiation and can't transmit momentum or thermal energy to regular matter. :ugeek:
Dark matter heaven?
Everything is better with Montana.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:West Virginia is almost heaven I'm told.
If heaven is almost as good as WV, I’d take another look at hell. J.Gaffigan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4641
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by AshevilleApp »

Ibanez wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:49 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:West Virginia is almost heaven I'm told.
If heaven is almost as good as WV, I’d take another look at hell. J.Gaffigan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
West Virginia is beautiful. :nod:

West Virginians? Well...... :|

The ones I've met are fun people though.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:



He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
Jesus supported Hillary?
Hillary is way more of a Christian than Trump is. But that's not what it's about. The question is about supporting someone as evil as Trump is. And those hypocrites that call themselves Christians who did that did that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23776
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by CID1990 »

Clitz where the fuck are you

We have another “what does magic Santa in the sky think” thread developing here

I cant do this shit all by myself

(as an added twist, JSOcd invoked Jeezus)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 25945
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Gil Dobie »

Preacher man talking on T.V.
Puttin' down the rock and roll
Wants me to send a donation
'Cause he's worried about my soul
He said Jesus walked on the water
And I know that it's true
But sometimes I think that preacherman
Would like to do a little walking too
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 25945
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Gil Dobie »

Can the stairway to heaven be bought?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 25945
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
CAA Flagship wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Jesus supported Hillary?
Hillary is way more of a Christian than Trump is. But that's not what it's about. The question is about supporting someone as evil as Trump is. And those hypocrites that call themselves Christians who did that did that.
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: "Trump"

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The World English Bible translates the passage as: "Hilary"

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in
sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
CAA Flagship wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Jesus supported Hillary?
Hillary is way more of a Christian than Trump is. But that's not what it's about. The question is about supporting someone as evil as Trump is. And those hypocrites that call themselves Christians who did that did that.
Hillary is way more than a Christian than Trump? You don't think Hillary's stance on abortion is problematic in attracting Christians?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23776
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
Hillary is way more of a Christian than Trump is. But that's not what it's about. The question is about supporting someone as evil as Trump is. And those hypocrites that call themselves Christians who did that did that.
Hillary is way more than a Christian than Trump? You don't think Hillary's stance on abortion is problematic in attracting Christians?
I don’t think either of them give a flying fuck

And its a silly argument to engage in anyway

But I’ll monitor this thread for the epic-ness of you and JSO debating which of those insufferable cunts is the better christ cultist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:33 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Hillary is way more than a Christian than Trump? You don't think Hillary's stance on abortion is problematic in attracting Christians?
I don’t think either of them give a flying fuck

And its a silly argument to engage in anyway

But I’ll monitor this thread for the epic-ness of you and JSO debating which of those insufferable cunts is the better christ cultist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree it's a silly argument. The whole argument of "you're a bad Christian for supporting so and so" is pretty much pointless.

I'm just interested in what StOnge thinks about Hillary's stance on abortion and how it jives.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23776
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:33 pm
I don’t think either of them give a flying fuck

And its a silly argument to engage in anyway

But I’ll monitor this thread for the epic-ness of you and JSO debating which of those insufferable cunts is the better christ cultist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree it's a silly argument. The whole argument of "you're a bad Christian for supporting so and so" is pretty much pointless.

I'm just interested in what StOnge thinks about Hillary's stance on abortion and how it jives.
Well she supported Israel (before she didn’t) so maybe she’s a bit of an Old Testament gal?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:38 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
I agree it's a silly argument. The whole argument of "you're a bad Christian for supporting so and so" is pretty much pointless.

I'm just interested in what StOnge thinks about Hillary's stance on abortion and how it jives.
Well she supported Israel (before she didn’t) so maybe she’s a bit of an Old Testament gal?
The Leviticus Lady.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:13 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:



He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
You are correct to a point, in that there will be people who thought they were doing what they needed, but are incorrect. I don't think supporting Trump qualifies.

But it does raise a good question. Can your salvation be revoked?
I think that if you assume Christianity is correct and go by the available documentation you would say, yes, your salvation can be revoked.

However, if I had to bet, I would bet that there is no life after death. I don't find that to be a pleasant thought but I think that's the likely reality. So the people that call themselves Christians while supporting Trump can probably rest easy in knowing they will not be called into account by a God for their hypocrisy. They'll end up in the same place as they would've been regardless.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Ibanez »

Well now a couple hours past and I was sitting in my house
The day was winding down and coming to an end
And so I turned on the TV and flipped it over to the news
And what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend
I saw a preacher man in cuffs, he'd taken money from the church
He'd stuffed his bank account with righteous dollar bills
But even still I can't say much because I know we're all the same
Oh yes we all seek out to satisfy those thrills
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3794
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Winterborn »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’”
He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Matthew 7:3-5

That last verse now....... :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3794
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am
Well now a couple hours past and I was sitting in my house
The day was winding down and coming to an end
And so I turned on the TV and flipped it over to the news
And what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend
I saw a preacher man in cuffs, he'd taken money from the church
He'd stuffed his bank account with righteous dollar bills
But even still I can't say much because I know we're all the same
Oh yes we all seek out to satisfy those thrills
:thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by JohnStOnge »

Winterborn wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:53 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:



He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Matthew 7:3-5

That last verse now....... :coffee:
Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25259
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:53 pm





Matthew 7:3-5

That last verse now....... :coffee:
Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
As an agnostic, you have no standing to make any faith-based argument. :|
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9365
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:53 pm





Matthew 7:3-5

That last verse now....... :coffee:
Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
John. Trump is not the Christian savior. Supporting Trump does not equate one to being a hypocrite.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8226
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
John. Trump is not the Christian savior. Supporting Trump does not equate one to being a hypocrite.
Which Commandments has Trump broken?
  • Thou shalt have no other gods before me - Trump worships himself before all others
  • Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image - What is prominently displayed on any building owned by Trump?
  • Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy - does he respect the sabbath?
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery - Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal, etc.
  • Thou shalt not steal - He was a New York City real estate developer, he definitely cheated and stole from people.
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor - A list of all his BS tweets and statements would be very long.
  • Thou shalt not covet - Is he really a billionaire? I don't think so but he sure likes to pretend that he was a successful businessman.
Christians who support Trump are definitely demonstrating their ability to forgive. I just wish they could show the same compassion toward the poor, LBGTQ, etc.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13794
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:58 am
All the hypocrites who call themselves Christian but support Trump will burn in hell. Jesus will remind them of this:



He'll ask, "What the hell were you thinking?" Then off to that hell they will go.
Jesus supported Hillary?
:lol: :notworthy:

Post Reply