Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:03 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm

Wrong.

Karen is reserved for progtards.
Um yeah....no
Sorry, yes. :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: The United States of Sociopathy

Post by Ivytalk »

Wrong.

Um yeah....no
Just like snowflake. Cultural misappropriation by the left. :ohno:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Um yeah....no
Their might be even more snowflakes and Karen’s on the right.

Freedom Karen is snowflakey.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 am I kindly asked a long time customer (a very successful business owner) yesterday to wear a mask while in the clubhouse...perhaps he hadn’t read the local news or didn’t see the signs on all the doors?

He said “I ain’t wearing no fucking mask! Inslee can kiss my ass!”

This is a very intriguing read. Don’t agree with all of it but there are many legitimate points about the state of our society.......

“When I look around the world today, it strikes me that we’re living in the age of the sociopath. I don’t just mean that in the technical psychological sense of the word — a certain head of state and his goons come to mind — but first, in a deeper, truer, broader sense. Sociopathic: hostile to the idea, the notion, the purpose, of society. Not just “their” society or “mine” or “yours” — but the great and historic ideal of society itself. Sociopathy to the point that nations like Britain and America were simply unable to lock down in time, to protect society’s most vulnerable. Sociopathy to the point that Americans sunbathe on beaches while the death rate is the equivalent of a 9/11 every day. Sociopathy to the point that despite the fact that the infection hasn’t peaked yet, Trump is still trying to “reopen” the economy.
When you look at a generation of leaders failing ruinously to deal with any of the great challenges of the 21st century — inequality, climate change, mass extinction, stagnation, and now, a pandemic— it’s because most of them are profoundly, immovably hostile that there is such a thing as a society we should and must care for to begin with. When you look at fractured, riven countries, one after the other plunging into authoritarianism, it’s because large numbers of people have become deeply hostile to the notion of living in or being part of a society — not just theirs, but living beside anyone and caring for them, investing in them, nurturing them, period. When you see Americans protesting lockdown, armed with rifles— that, my friends, is textbook sociopathy, a kind of sneering contempt towards the idea that society exists, matters, counts, or is even necessary.”

https://eand.co/how-freedom-turned-soci ... 3048c59f8f
:dunce: :roll: Quit reading right there.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 am I kindly asked a long time customer (a very successful business owner) yesterday to wear a mask while in the clubhouse...perhaps he hadn’t read the local news or didn’t see the signs on all the doors?

He said “I ain’t wearing no fucking mask! Inslee can kiss my ass!”

This is a very intriguing read. Don’t agree with all of it but there are many legitimate points about the state of our society.......

“When I look around the world today, it strikes me that we’re living in the age of the sociopath. I don’t just mean that in the technical psychological sense of the word — a certain head of state and his goons come to mind — but first, in a deeper, truer, broader sense. Sociopathic: hostile to the idea, the notion, the purpose, of society. Not just “their” society or “mine” or “yours” — but the great and historic ideal of society itself. Sociopathy to the point that nations like Britain and America were simply unable to lock down in time, to protect society’s most vulnerable. Sociopathy to the point that Americans sunbathe on beaches while the death rate is the equivalent of a 9/11 every day. Sociopathy to the point that despite the fact that the infection hasn’t peaked yet, Trump is still trying to “reopen” the economy.
When you look at a generation of leaders failing ruinously to deal with any of the great challenges of the 21st century — inequality, climate change, mass extinction, stagnation, and now, a pandemic— it’s because most of them are profoundly, immovably hostile that there is such a thing as a society we should and must care for to begin with. When you look at fractured, riven countries, one after the other plunging into authoritarianism, it’s because large numbers of people have become deeply hostile to the notion of living in or being part of a society — not just theirs, but living beside anyone and caring for them, investing in them, nurturing them, period. When you see Americans protesting lockdown, armed with rifles— that, my friends, is textbook sociopathy, a kind of sneering contempt towards the idea that society exists, matters, counts, or is even necessary.”

https://eand.co/how-freedom-turned-soci ... 3048c59f8f
:dunce: :roll: Quit reading right there.
:roll:

You don't read
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

So now the left is going to steal the word sociopath just like they did the word racist.

Got it. :coffee:

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:59 am
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:32 am

And I anticipated your posting this very type of tripe. You do it at least once a month. All anti-capitalists bewail the absence of “society” in the idealogized sense that they advocate. This Umair guy just takes it to the next level: all self-interest is bad. Orange Man-level-bad. What’s worth discussing or, in BLM parlance, having a “conversation” about? Hundreds of “progressives” have written about the “selfishness” of opening the economy and/or not wearing masks.
Very little moves the needle/grabs attention anymore because the vast majority of us are fat, happy, lazy, self centered pricks (myself included at times.

As an an analogy...I initially thought the defund police movement was shitty branding and I disagreed with it. But then I asked myself how exciting would a “reform” movement be? Yawn...been there tried that.

These are extraordinary times. There will continue to be much noise, but introspection and owning your shit are ultimately positives. To deny that is is simply fear and lashing out with anger (the 2nd step on the grievance hierarchy).
Sounds like me sitting on some paid-for acres with enough annual rainfall to make irrigation unnecessary, in the State with the fastest rate of drcrease in the nation. Blue State, where they still wear masks.

I keep telling you guys that I'm the real conservative here, not you posers with your red hats and pissant guns... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm Wrong.

Um yeah....no
Um.... Yes

Snowflake

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Their might be even more snowflakes and Karen’s on the right.

Freedom Karen is snowflakey.
I woke up in a free country and I demand a haircut!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The problem is that mask-wearing has become a front in the culture war.

1. Trump is problem #1 but far from being the main problem.

2. The WHO, and the surgeon generals office the AMA, and politcians like BIll DeBlasio (among others) telling people they don't need masks when they probably knew they were likely to help.

3. Leftists politicians and public health experts that enabled and encouraged mass protests (because it's okay to kill grandma as long as you're for social justice, or something).
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 am
kalm wrote:
Um yeah....no
Um.... Yes

Snowflake

Snowflakes are mostly fear projection conks too. Eeek! A black guy! Eeek! A hamasexual! Eeek! A girl. Let’s go up to the mountains with the fellas and pretend we’re not jacking each other off.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 am The problem is that mask-wearing has become a front in the culture war.

1. Trump is problem #1 but far from being the main problem.

2. The WHO, and the surgeon generals office the AMA, and politcians like BIll DeBlasio (among others) telling people they don't need masks when they probably knew they were likely to help.

3. Leftists politicians and public health experts that enabled and encouraged mass protests (because it's okay to kill grandma as long as you're for social justice, or something).
Yep. But none of that matters now. If you don’t wear a mask in public indoor locations or desire to “get it over with” by becoming infected there are no excuses.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 am Um.... Yes

Snowflake

Snowflakes are mostly fear projection conks too. Eeek! A black guy! Eeek! A hamasexual! Eeek! A girl. Let’s go up to the mountains with the fellas and pretend we’re not jacking each other off.
We're not!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 am
kalm wrote:
We're not!

That’s not what Ursus said.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Their name is also Karen.
Wrong.

I disagree, sir.

A friend and I were trying to figure out what the male version of Karen is. Chad? Possibly Donald.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:47 am

Wrong.

I disagree, sir.

A friend and I were trying to figure out what the male version of Karen is. Chad? Possibly Donald.
Karen didn't start out for progtards but its use is rapidly becoming more descriptive to that set of the population. Whether that is just usage or the fact that most of them are Karens......

Chad, or Kyle will also work.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Wrong.

I disagree, sir.

It's Chad. :nod:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:47 am I disagree, sir.

Karen didn't start out for progtards but its use is rapidly becoming more descriptive to that set of the population. Whether that is just usage or the fact that most of them are Karens......

Chad, or Kyle will also work.
Fucking Kyle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 pm
I disagree, sir.

What about Todd?

I hope we don't have any Todds on here that I've just insulted ... :foot:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:07 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 pm

What about Todd?

I hope we don't have any Todds on here that I've just insulted ... :foot:
There was a Todd on AGS and I think most be ok with that.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Chad's....

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein