Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:About as well as the "Kraken" lawsuit
Hey!

look who slinked (slunk?) back in with a comment on conspiracy theories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:46 pm How are things going for Cyber Ninjas? :coffee:
They are in last place in MLS.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Stewart Rhodes, the leader and founder of the far-right Oath Keepers militia, was arrested on Thursday and charged along with 10 others with seditious conspiracy over what prosecutors said was their wide-ranging plot to storm the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year and disrupt the certification of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s electoral victory.

The arrest of Mr. Rhodes, 56, was a major development in the sprawling investigation of the Capitol attack. He and the other Oath Keepers are the first to be charged with sedition among the more than 700 people accused so far of taking part in the assault.

Mr. Rhodes was arrested shortly before 1 p.m. at his home in Granbury, Texas, his lawyer, Jonathon Moseley, said.

The Justice Department has brought a variety of charges in connection with the Capitol attack; it has prosecuted about 275 people for obstructing Congress’s duty to certify the 2020 presidential vote count, for example. But it had not previously brought a sedition charge, with the legal weight and political overtones it carries about an election in a highly polarized country.

The charge of seditious conspiracy, which can be difficult to prove, requires prosecutors to show that at least two people agreed to use force to overthrow government authority or delay the execution of a U.S. law. It carries a maximum of sentence of 20 years in prison.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/p ... hodes.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:46 pm How are things going for Cyber Ninjas? :coffee:
I forgot all about them.

Turns out, they're no longer in business.

https://www.axios.com/local/tampa-bay/2 ... -dissolves
Sarasota's Cyber Ninjas, the inexperienced firm that drew national attention after being picked to audit presidential ballots in Arizona, has dissolved after a disastrous week, its CEO told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

Forgive the source but sounds like after the confirmed Biden's win, MAGAts got mad at them.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cyber-nin ... urt-ruling
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am
Ibanez wrote: It will be " Stop the Steal: Blue Edition" for sure. The loud mouths and so called "progressives" can't fathom that there are more people like them. They'll call it a return to the 3rd Reich and any other asinine, hyperbolic analogies they can make. :twocents:
It used to be Dems all across the board that had the attitude that they could never lose on policy .. only if the other side cheats. They are still uniformly that way.

MAGA adopted that same playbook which is why they need to be squashed right along with the Dems.

The best way to do that is to run the way Youngkin did in Virginia. Don’t pander to MAGA but appeal to them on common policy concerns. Don’t be a rhetorical bomb thrower and don’t respond to the same (the way Nancy Mace does). Act like an adult, be a fiscal conservative, and even moderate Dems will vote for that candidate given their bench.

Sounds good on paper. But MAGA is the Republican Party and that won't change unless Trump croaks before November '24.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:45 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:48 am

Nope. Pretty much a slam dunk and after the promises they made to their constituents, it is going to be very messy.

Looking past the 2020 elections, their actions (and reactions) are going to setting the tone for the party down the road. (Exactly like it has been for the R's).
I think there’s some truth here. The left might hate the establishment Dems as much as they hate the R’s. Both parties appear to be in a state of civil war.

I also bet quality throwing rock and Molotov bottle sales will be through the roof! ;)
Slings. Easy to make, easy to conceal. Seen shepherd kids in Morocco that can put a rock in your pocket from 50 yards. :coffee:

Homemade napalm in a small container (don't know if The Anarchist's Cookbook is still available but if it is you need a copy) and watch them MAGA cunts shed their burning tactical gear like Gypsy Rose Lee. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:38 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am
It used to be Dems all across the board that had the attitude that they could never lose on policy .. only if the other side cheats. They are still uniformly that way.

MAGA adopted that same playbook which is why they need to be squashed right along with the Dems.

The best way to do that is to run the way Youngkin did in Virginia. Don’t pander to MAGA but appeal to them on common policy concerns. Don’t be a rhetorical bomb thrower and don’t respond to the same (the way Nancy Mace does). Act like an adult, be a fiscal conservative, and even moderate Dems will vote for that candidate given their bench.

Sounds good on paper. But MAGA is the Republican Party and that won't change unless Trump croaks before November '24.
^^The illusory truth effect on full display.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:56 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:38 am

...somebody else spelled that for you.:roll:

That fat cunt is already taking aim at Raffensberger in the primary. Which I think is hilarious and hope to see more of across the nation. :notworthy:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:47 pm
Stewart Rhodes, the leader and founder of the far-right Oath Keepers militia, was arrested on Thursday and charged along with 10 others with seditious conspiracy over what prosecutors said was their wide-ranging plot to storm the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year and disrupt the certification of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s electoral victory.

The arrest of Mr. Rhodes, 56, was a major development in the sprawling investigation of the Capitol attack. He and the other Oath Keepers are the first to be charged with sedition among the more than 700 people accused so far of taking part in the assault.

Mr. Rhodes was arrested shortly before 1 p.m. at his home in Granbury, Texas, his lawyer, Jonathon Moseley, said.

The Justice Department has brought a variety of charges in connection with the Capitol attack; it has prosecuted about 275 people for obstructing Congress’s duty to certify the 2020 presidential vote count, for example. But it had not previously brought a sedition charge, with the legal weight and political overtones it carries about an election in a highly polarized country.

The charge of seditious conspiracy, which can be difficult to prove, requires prosecutors to show that at least two people agreed to use force to overthrow government authority or delay the execution of a U.S. law. It carries a maximum of sentence of 20 years in prison.
I think we're going to see a mini-pandemic of sphincter-lock among the oathkeepers if the sedition charges stick. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:02 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:56 am
...somebody else spelled that for you.:roll:

That fat cunt is already taking aim at Raffensberger in the primary. Which I think is hilarious and hope to see more of across the nation. :notworthy:
Have one of your great grandkids explain what it means when they come change your colostomy bag.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Histrionical hyperbole!?!?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Good boy, Reek

Now go back in your hovel

Oh, and good. I hope they make a hard example out of these clowns and anybody else who commits or conspires to political violence

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Politically motivated charges by the Biden DOJ & AG Garland. Waited until an election year to bring charges against some yahoos tbat they likely won’t get a conviction on, but won’t be tried until after the election, so the left will be to use as an election season talking point. Remember the last time the govt levied seditious conspiracy was the Obama DOJ in 2010 against those yahoos from Michigan, the case fell appart, and the charges got dismissed.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Politically motivated charges by the Biden DOJ & AG Garland. Waited until an election year to bring charges against some yahoos tbat they likely won’t get a conviction on, but won’t be tried until after the election, so the left will be to use as an election season talking point. Remember the last time the govt levied seditious conspiracy was the Obama DOJ in 2010 against those yahoos from Michigan, the case fell appart, and the charges got dismissed.
Do you think they were over charged?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Politically motivated charges by the Biden DOJ & AG Garland. Waited until an election year to bring charges against some yahoos tbat they likely won’t get a conviction on, but won’t be tried until after the election, so the left will be to use as an election season talking point. Remember the last time the govt levied seditious conspiracy was the Obama DOJ in 2010 against those yahoos from Michigan, the case fell appart, and the charges got dismissed.
Do you think they were over charged?

Probably.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I’m cool with throwing the book at these guys. I’d like to see the same thing happen to Antifa/BLM types when they commit acts of political violence.

This is one Overton Window that needs to move no further.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm I’m cool with throwing the book at these guys. I’d like to see the same thing happen to Antifa/BLM types when they commit acts of political violence.

Except they won’t. Which is why I’m NOT cool with throwing the book at them.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:40 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm I’m cool with throwing the book at these guys. I’d like to see the same thing happen to Antifa/BLM types when they commit acts of political violence.

Yep.
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
Yep.
Late Spring 2020 the BLANTIFA attack on the White House perimeter (60+ Secrete Service injured) there was no ‘Seditious Conspiracy?

2020 all summer-fall there were planned, coordinated BLANTIFA attacks on the Portland Fed Complex with everything short of bullets, yet there was no ‘Seditious Conspiracy?’

Yet these 11 yahoos dufuses comitted ‘Seditious Conspiracy’ on 1/6 at the Capital worth 20 year semtences?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:

I know they won’t. Which is all the more reason to hold these morons accountable.

Let the Democratic Party remain the party of political violence. Its no excuse for the GOP to be lenient with its own rabble

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:29 pm
Good boy, Reek

Oh, and good. I hope they make a hard example out of these clowns and anybody else who commits or conspires to political violence

Anything to keep the "1/6 was an insurrection" narrative alive. :lol:

BTW, Ray Epps was/is an oathkeeper, he getting charged too or nah? :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:29 pm Good boy, Reek

Well the upside to charging these guys with sedition is that we still have courts and the government will have to make its case. So I am pretty sure that we will all know precisely what these guys said and did surrounding Jan 6.

And just as with the spin coming out of the White House on just about every topic these days, normal people will know if it is bullshit or not

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 pm
SDHornet wrote:

Well the upside to charging these guys with sedition is that we still have courts and the government will have to make its case. So I am pretty sure that we will all know precisely what these guys said and did surrounding Jan 6.

And just as with the spin coming out of the White House on just about every topic these days, normal people will know if it is bullshit or not

These charges are obviously politically motivated, as of now I'm leaning on another self own by the Biden administration given their unwillingness to release footage from that day. We'll see how this plays out, but I'm thinking this will continently make the headlines when more Biden admin blunders come up...

...and retards like jelly will lap it up.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:43 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
I know they won’t. Which is all the more reason to hold these morons accountable.

Let the Democratic Party remain the party of political violence. Its no excuse for the GOP to be lenient with its own rabble

I’m not saying “be lenient”…charge them with trespass, whatever, slap them on the wrist (which is STILL more than they’ve done to ANTIFA and BLM rioters), and send them on their way. Politically motivated charges do nothing but further the divide in this country when a blind eye is turned to ONE side’s actions, while the others are held under a microscope and lives are destroyed. It’s not like we’re sending any kind of message to the Dem party….because they sure as fuck aren’t listening. I mean, they literally view these people as terrorists, so they don’t see anything wrong with politically-motivated charges, and in fact don’t see them as such.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:43 pm I know they won’t. Which is all the more reason to hold these morons accountable.

I’m not saying “be lenient”…charge them with trespass, whatever, slap them on the wrist (which is STILL more than they’ve done to ANTIFA and BLM rioters), and send them on their way. Politically motivated charges do nothing but further the divide in this country when a blind eye is turned to ONE side’s actions, while the others are held under a microscope and lives are destroyed. It’s not like we’re sending any kind of message to the Dem party….because they sure as fuck aren’t listening. I mean, they literally view these people as terrorists, so they don’t see anything wrong with politically-motivated charges, and in fact don’t see them as such.
When the GOP holds the strings of Federal power and starts rightly cracking down on political violence - they will hold the moral high ground if they don’t make excuses for these guys.

Toleration of violence in this country is almost exclusively the bailiwick of the left. It should stay that way. If these guys are over-charged, then an acquittal or conviction for a lesser charge will be the likeliest outcome, and I’m fine with that. But if these guys actually did what is alleged on the charge sheet, then I’m fine with charging them with sedition.

Like I said before - let the left make their excuses for Antifa and BLM. Most Americans are fed up with the unrest and they see what is happening. They’ll punish Dems at the ballot box as long as they see daylight between the right and the left on toleration for this nonsense.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:02 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 pm

These charges are obviously politically motivated, as of now I'm leaning on another self own by the Biden administration given their unwillingness to release footage from that day. We'll see how this plays out, but I'm thinking this will continentlymake the headlines when more Biden admin blunders come up...

...and retards like jelly will lap it up.
:rofl:

Did you write this as you were changing your diaper?