Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:50 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm

But you’d take that over a Biden presidency, right? I would. You now live in a swing state, so chose wisely.
Yes, I’d take that in a fucking heartbeat over a Biden (or a Trump) presidency. :nod: :nod: I was referring more to the “changing positions every 4 years for 16 years), like we’re going to rewrite the constitution in the next 4 months. :lol:

Edit: Although, for clarity, I don’t look at anyone who’s primary campaign plank was Universal Income to be “center-left”. :roll:

Oh, and I can assure you that all the BLM/Antifa/Rioters/Protesters/Karens/AOC’s of the world won’t settle for a ticket like that either. :suspicious: :suspicious:
There are more indies than all those groups combined.

BTW...UBI is already here and will remain for awhile unless you want to descend into shiving each other in the streets level stuff. Christ, we’ve pretty much already guaranteed UBI for the investor classes and private equity. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm Do you have anything more to add? Care to expound on that?
Did you miss where I bolded 'local'? Yes it is almost always a local issue. Almost always a local donk issue. Its not something of concern in conk run districts.
No. I saw that. It was more about your one word reply that didn’t have any context. I’m not going to guess what your thought was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

But you’d take that over a Biden presidency, right? I would. You now live in a swing state, so chose wisely.
Yes, I’d take that in a fucking heartbeat over a Biden (or a Trump) presidency. :nod: :nod: I was referring more to the “changing positions every 4 years for 16 years), like we’re going to rewrite the constitution in the next 4 months. :lol:

Edit: Although, for clarity, I don’t look at anyone who’s primary campaign plank was Universal Income to be “center-left”. :roll:

Oh, and I can assure you that all the BLM/Antifa/Rioters/Protesters/Karens/AOC’s of the world won’t settle for a ticket like that either. :suspicious: :suspicious:
Would there be a constitutional issue?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Easy to scoff at it, but it does cause people to think about alternatives. And it is constitutional, because neither candidate would serve more than two terms as President.

At bottom, all you want to do is bitch about stuff. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:34 pm Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with forced mail in ballots. :coffee:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 43551.html

Is that how you intend to spin the Blue Tsunami? :lol:
Blue Tsunami? :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 am

Nah, The Squat and the blm crowd will never stand for it. She might get a prime-time convention speech, though.

I know you dig Thai women, but....

I think that your incel-like fascination with them leads you to attribute greater power and influence to them than they actually posess. Biden, and the handful of corporate persons funding him, desperately want to avoid having Stacy Abrams as VP, and theirs are the voices that matter in the Democrat party.
Except they allowed them to hijack the DNC, so here we are with an absurd idea such as "defund the police" as a legitimate political platform. :dunce:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:41 am

Easy to scoff at it, but it does cause people to think about alternatives. And it is constitutional, because neither candidate would serve more than two terms as President.

it’s not constitutional unless they’re reelected every 4 years. And Does the constitution address “sharing” the job? Or swapping out every 4 years? Not to mention the state constitutions and how they assign their delegates and whether those delegates can “switch”....given that the president isn’t elected by popular vote, that might be an issue....

Yeah, I didn’t think so, Mr. Constitutional Law professor. :tothehand: :tothehand:

But hey, I’d be all for a massive write-in candidacy on Election Day. See if those little Tic-Tok punks can arrange THAT.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:14 am

it’s not constitutional unless they’re reelected every 4 years. And Does the constitution address “sharing” the job? Or swapping out every 4 years? Not to mention the state constitutions and how they assign their delegates and whether those delegates can “switch”....given that the president isn’t elected by popular vote, that might be an issue....

Yeah, I didn’t think so, Mr. Constitutional Law professor. :tothehand: :tothehand:

But hey, I’d be all for a massive write-in candidacy on Election Day. See if those little Tic-Tok punks can arrange THAT.
Boy, are you easy to trigger! :lol: I’m sure the Unity Ticket would agree to have elections every 4 years, just like now, and they would “stay in the lanes” of their respective positions. But, hey, this idea is in its infancy. About 20 different people are under consideration for the top two jobs. The devil is always in the details. It will likely never happen, but at least some folks are thinking creatively about how to get us out of the partisan Duopoly morass in which we find ourselves.

And then there are perpetually angry dudes, like you, who rage about everything while offering no solutions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 am

Boy, are you easy to trigger! :lol: I’m sure the Unity Ticket would agree to have elections every 4 years, just like now, and they would “stay in the lanes” of their respective positions. But, hey, this idea is in its infancy. About 20 different people are under consideration for the top two jobs. The devil is always in the details. It will likely never happen, but at least some folks are thinking creatively about how to get us out of the partisan Duopoly morass in which we find ourselves.

And then there are perpetually angry dudes, like you, who rage about everything while offering no solutions.
Triggered? I thought we were joking. :suspicious:
I thought Trump was the solution to get us out of the partisan duopoly? :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

No. He just hijacked half of the duopoly for himself.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

No. He just hijacked half of the duopoly for himself.
Right. In Hindsight we see that....but he was the self-proclaimed “outsider” when he ran and won....turns out it’s a lot easier to get sucked in by the swamp than to drain it. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Remember way back when when you used to make fun of me for using the term duopoly?

Good times!

:lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

Remember way back when when you used to make fun of me for using the term duopoly?

Good times!

I don’t remember that, but I won’t dispute it. I do remember posting how hard it would be for a third party to break through, given the US history in that respect. Perfesser GF agreed with me. However, it will be interesting to see if this “Unity” idea gets legs. I remain skeptical that a centrist third party can develop, partly because “vote common sense” has no brand appeal. There, I said it. Have at it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:41 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

Good times!

I don’t remember that, but I won’t dispute it. I do remember posting how hard it would be for a third party to break through, given the US history in that respect. Perfesser GF agreed with me. However, it will be interesting to see if this “Unity” idea gets legs. I remain skeptical that a centrist third party can develop, partly because “vote common sense” has no brand appeal. There, I said it. Have at it.
Agreed. Common sense has no place in politics. The mouthbreathers on both sides have taken over.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Sure they would. :roll: It only took about a couple of months for Trump to get sucked in. I give them the same chance as a snowball in hell of lasting longer, much less them agreeing on a set of rules and then winning a election.

Nothing wrong with creative thinking but unless it is grounded in the real world, it is just a bunch of mental gymnastics....
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Sure they would. :roll: It only took about a couple of months for Trump to get sucked in. I give them the same chance as a snowball in hell of lasting longer, much less them agreeing on a set of rules and then winning a election.

Nothing wrong with creative thinking but unless it is grounded in the real world, it is just a bunch of mental gymnastics....
I saw a poll to the effect that most supporters of the Unity Ticket are independents or third-party voters. In other words, the Cult of the Perpetually Disgruntled. Smaller percentages of Trump and Biden supporters. But, you’re falling into the trap of doubting that any effort to bugger the Duopoly is doomed to failure.*

* Blatant troll for 89Hen; fuck it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 am

I think that your incel-like fascination with them leads you to attribute greater power and influence to them than they actually posess. Biden, and the handful of corporate persons funding him, desperately want to avoid having Stacy Abrams as VP, and theirs are the voices that matter in the Democrat party.
Except they allowed them to hijack the DNC, so here we are with an absurd idea such as "defund the police" as a legitimate political platform. :dunce:

Incorrect, the DNC is solidly corporate. That's why we have a nominee with about five donors who wowed crowds of tens during the primaries, instead of one who filled stadiums and set fund-raising records $20 at a time. I know you're trying to do the best you can, but still, at the same time -
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:26 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 am

Incorrect, the DNC is solidly corporate. That's why we have a nominee with about five donors who wowed crowds of tens during the primaries, instead of one who filled stadiums and set fund-raising records $20 at a time. I know you're trying to do the best you can, but still, at the same time -
You need to steal enough useful idiots in the primaries to bury the progressives.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:35 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 pm

Is that how you intend to spin the Blue Tsunami? :lol:
Blue Senate, Blue House. Its a shame trump has no chance of reelection, him vs a Blue Congress would be hilarious and the remaining Republicans would get into fistfights on the floor over who got to be the first to turn on him with the 25th amendment :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:12 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:35 am

Blue Senate, Blue House. Its a shame trump has no chance of reelection, him vs a Blue Congress would be hilarious and the remaining Republicans would get into fistfights on the floor over who got to be the first to turn on him with the 25th amendment :nod:
If that happens, you’ll get enough guvmint handouts to buy yourself a new pickup truck, with all the frills.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:20 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:12 am

If that happens, you’ll get enough guvmint handouts to buy yourself a new pickup truck, with all the frills.
I've already got it specd out, just waitin on the welfare check to arrive at our humble proletariat dwelling... I might even buy the missus a new chain saw
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 pm

BTW...UBI is already here and will remain for awhile unless you want to descend into shiving each other in the streets level stuff. Christ, we’ve pretty much already guaranteed UBI for the investor classes and private equity. :lol:
Yeah buddy, we shit money all over them at the first sign of trouble. No strings attached, no oversight... :notworthy:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:31 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Yeah buddy, we shit money all over them at the first sign of trouble. No strings attached, no oversight... :notworthy:
Where are all of our capitalist friends? :?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:02 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:31 am

Where are all of our capitalist friends? :?
Donating to Chuck Schumer.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Paging President Cleveland, our 22nd and 24th President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17