AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:24 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:21 am

Eroding faith in the system might be part of the strategy.
Yup. GOP has gone full fascist and are attempting a soft coup.

They might succeed too. Rejecting results, these audits, implementing partisans to certify elections, January 6, etc. all point to a party heading in an ominous direction. David Frum's words have never been more true: "If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”
Just like donks became convinced they couldn’t win democratically so they “implemented partisans”, rejected results, burned down half the country….you get the picture. This is NOT a one-party problem.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:30 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:24 am

Yup. GOP has gone full fascist and are attempting a soft coup.

They might succeed too. Rejecting results, these audits, implementing partisans to certify elections, January 6, etc. all point to a party heading in an ominous direction. David Frum's words have never been more true: "If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”
Just like donks became convinced they couldn’t win democratically so they “implemented partisans”, rejected results, burned down half the country….you get the picture. This is NOT a one-party problem.
It is.

The GOP - at this moment - is a threat to US democracy, the US economy, individual rights, and the global environment.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:21 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:05 am

How can machines be certified before an election, but not after they have been inspected? Are the people who certify the machines so inept they can't put the machines in a viable state?
They can't when the people inspecting the machines can't guarantee who has access to them.

It's the same as any secure device, and doubly-so for election devices.

You miss the point though. Audits are fine but this audit was completely unacceptable, unprofessional, and a waste of resources. At one point during the process, a journalist simply walked in to investigate and had free access to the ballots.
I'm missing the point the certifying group can't certify a machine?

Let's see the link on that journalist, for as far as I know, there was an AZ Republic journalist who signed up as a volunteer and was granted access. She pointed out people had blue pens when they shouldn't. Non of the ballots had been opened at that point.

On the flip side, they had Ryan Macias, who was auditing for Katie Hobbs, show up and got caught lying to gain entrance and then wouldn't respond when asked why he was lying.

In regards to the machines, if MCBOS really cared, they would have allowed the audit to proceed where the ballots and machines were located, but refused.

Lastly, the MCBOS broke the chain of custody when they lost in court and had to provide the ballots to the audit. Before a location was selected for the audit, they removed the ballots from storage and loaded them into a truck...without a destination.

Plenty of shenanigans by the supposedly unbiased MCBOS.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am

It is.

The GOP - at this moment - is a threat to US democracy, the US economy, individual rights, and the global environment.
Tell us you're batshit crazy without telling us you're batshit crazy. :dunce:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

It is.

It is not.

Trump and his MAGAts are a threat to the republic but no less so than pseudo-progressives who don't understand history or economics. They are a threat to the republic, the economy, individual rights, global security and our quality of life.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:53 am

It is.

It is not.

Trump and his MAGAts are a threat to the republic but no less so than pseudo-progressives who don't understand history or economics. They are a threat to the republic, the economy, individual rights, global security and our quality of life.
Oh stop with the BS centrist schtick.

Centrists have fallen prey to the brain rot that if two people are arguing over something, the appropriate response is the middle. If you've got one psychopath that wants to torture a puppy to death and a regular person who thinks puppy murder is bad, y'all think humanely killing all puppies is the way to go. Both sides can be flawed, but both sides are not the same.

You've got multiple experts sounding the alarm on the GOP, but you continue to believe in the golden mean fallacy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:51 am

It is.

Tell us you’re in denial without telling us you’re in denial.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-poll-trum ... 6e991ee197
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

So if the leaked draft report is correct, the audit came around 600 ballots total difference, so no biggie there, but did find 55,000 votes need better answers.

Nothing earth shattering, but 55k in ballots could swing the election. Don't want to disenfranchise voters.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 am So if the leaked draft report is correct, the audit came around 600 ballots total difference, so no biggie there, but did find 55,000 votes need better answers.

Nothing earth shattering, but 55k in ballots could swing the election. Don't want to disenfranchise voters.
It doesn't matter if it found Biden won by a million votes. It's a sham audit being done by a sham company.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:15 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:51 am

:lol:

Cool story, bro, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

The media wing of the Donk party telling us that a handful of Conks are uneasy about the future of the party is a long way away from the buffoonery Trip is trying to peddle.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 am So if the leaked draft report is correct, the audit came around 600 ballots total difference, so no biggie there, but did find 55,000 votes need better answers.

It doesn't matter if it found Biden won by a million votes. It's a sham audit being done by a sham company.
Can you define the official audit process? I ask because the group that does the certification of the auditing groups, admitted an audit can be pretty much what you want.

I don't understand stand how simply counting filled in ovals and checking voting requirements is a sham.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

The findings: "After nearly six months and almost $6 million," The Post reports, "the draft report shows that the review concluded that 45,469 more ballots were cast for Biden in Maricopa County than for Trump, widening Biden’s margin by 360 more votes than certified results."
https://www.axios.com/arizona-recount-r ... 4ddb2.html

:lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:15 am

The media wing of the Donk party telling us that a handful of Conks are uneasy about the future of the party is a long way away from the buffoonery Trip is trying to peddle.
It is a normal Kalm response and as predictable (and thought out) as BDK defending Trump.

At this point he is more regular than Metamucil.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:16 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am

It is a normal Kalm response and as predictable (and thought out) as BDK defending Trump.

Thanks, ‘88! :lol:

2/3’s of Republicans still think the election was stolen. Handful of conks indeed.

Where are the sane conks?

I really do want them to regain control of their party.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:06 am
It is not.

Centrists have fallen prey to the brain rot that if two people are arguing over something, the appropriate response is the middle. If you've got one psychopath that wants to torture a puppy to death and a regular person who thinks puppy murder is bad, y'all think humanely killing all puppies is the way to go. Both sides can be flawed, but both sides are not the same.

You've got multiple experts sounding the alarm on the GOP, but you continue to believe in the golden mean fallacy.
Bullshit! I live in Portland and I see the results of the sickness of the left on a regular basis.

It's not about a golden mean. I'm not advocating for some middle ground where we give in to the extremes of either party/side. While I do believe there are elements of both sides that are valuable and worth supporting I'm also trying to call them both out for their hypocrisy, greed and stupidity.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:26 am

2/3’s of Republicans still think the election was stolen. Handful of conks indeed.

Thanks Kalmy (WB being compared to me is a compliment).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

It is not.

Not true. Centrists are the only ones with actual sense rattling around their heads. The extremes of both flanks are loud obnoxious and you tend to only see an issue as either Extreme Left or Extreme Right. When the center comes in, they're laughed at and ignored b/c they aren't as progressive or conservatives as X. The woke crowd and MAGAts think it's all or nothing for their chosen side and that's absolutely not how any of this works.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

It is not.

If one side wants to kill unborn babies but the other side wants to save them….tell me again which side is batshit crazy?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

I find it quite hilarious that you have memory holed the Donk response to the 2016 and 2018 elections. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 am

Thanks Kalmy (WB being compared to me is a compliment).
It is an honor and a privilege to be confused with such illustrious company. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It is.

It is not.

I think you are completely wrong. We just went through...and to some extent are still going through...a serious attempt to corrupt our election process and overthrow the results of a free and fair election. There has been nothing else like it in my lifetime. And it was Trump and the Republicans that did it and are still to some extent doing it. The Democrats, in my 63 year lifetime, have never done anything this bad. The Democrats have also never aligned themselves behind an atrocity that is as much of an atrocity as Trump is. They aligned themselves with an Authoritarian who is obviously willing to try to make himself a dictator.

The Republican Party, right now, is indeed a threat to our Democratic Republic system of government. They are far more of a threat at this moment in history than the Democrat Party has ever been during my lifetime.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

And the majority of donks think the 2016 election was stolen. Handful of donks indeed.

Where are the sane donks?

I really don’t want them to regain control of their party…
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 pm

And the majority of donks think the 2016 election was stolen. Handful of donks indeed.

The key difference between now and 2016, though, is that after the election, a majority of Republicans are still unwilling to accept the result. That wasn’t true of Democrats in 2016.

Lest we think that Republicans are the only ones susceptible to having their view of the electoral process colored by the outcome, polling shows that some Democrats did lose confidence in the election after Trump won in 2016. Nevertheless, a majority of Democrats (as well as Republicans and independents) believed that votes were counted accurately after the election was over. So the finding in this latest round of polls, that roughly three in four Republicans don’t have faith in the electoral process, is a big departure from what public opinion polls found after the last election.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirty ... -2016/amp/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 pm And the majority of donks think the 2016 election was stolen. Handful of donks indeed.

The key difference between now and 2016, though, is that after the election, a majority of Republicans are still unwilling to accept the result. That wasn’t true of Democrats in 2016.

Lest we think that Republicans are the only ones susceptible to having their view of the electoral process colored by the outcome, polling shows that some Democrats did lose confidence in the election after Trump won in 2016. Nevertheless, a majority of Democrats (as well as Republicans and independents) believed that votes were counted accurately after the election was over. So the finding in this latest round of polls, that roughly three in four Republicans don’t have faith in the electoral process, is a big departure from what public opinion polls found after the last election.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirty ... -2016/amp/
Except for Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats. The first impeachment was about overturning the results of the 2016 election. How long did that go on for?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:39 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:55 am

This is Poole’s take. I think it has validity. This one feels different than those you listed. Historical echoes and such.
I think it's far cooler than when things were getting hot in the '60's. TV today, coupled with the internet, make some really small things look much bigger than they are. Just because I get to see some mouth breathing Proud Boy get into an armed scuffle with some still-living-in-his-Mom's-basement Antifa guy, both armed with shields they made out of a trashcan, doesn't mean that it's widespread or about to show up on my front door. I believe we're really polarized as a country politically right now, but I also believe we really care far less about the actual detail of politics now than we did back in the '60's for instance. People really believed in their causes back then - they travelled all over the country to protest and take stands and we were fighting a real war with considerable casualty lists every day. People will go to a Trump rally or a BLM rally today, but only if it's really convenient and not too far away. And heck, Trump's biggest credo is the "f*** this" mentality, which is a far cry from the Port Huron Statement and the real commitment and fervor exhibited then. For better or for worse, we're far less committed to our causes now than we were in the cultural movements that came before.
:lol: :notworthy: