Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

I can't believe SG is still trying to argue that the Maricopa county "audit" is credible. It's not credible. Nobody outside of the Trump cult is going to believe anything it comes up with.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

The sad thing about all this nonsense is that there is absolutely no reason to have believed that Trump should win. None. The guy was expected to lose. He SHOULD have been expected to lose. And he lost.

I think there is this thing where Trump fans are living in this fantasy world in which their sentiment is the majority sentiment. It's not. It never has been. We had a fluke straight flush type thing happen in 2016 where Trump won because of our system even though most people didn't want him in.

It didn't happen this time.

If you are a Trump fan, please understand this: You are in the minority. Most people are NOT Trump fans. Most people, also, are NOT Republicans. When it comes to majority sentiment among the people of the United States overall, the Democrats have the edge.

Trump fans and Republicans who think otherwise need to stop living in a fantasy world and deal with reality. And they need to stop supporting efforts to suppress the vote among groups that aren't likely to vote for them.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 pm The sad thing about all this nonsense is that there is absolutely no reason to have believed that Trump should win. None. The guy was expected to lose. He SHOULD have been expected to lose. And he lost.

I think there is this thing where Trump fans are living in this fantasy world in which their sentiment is the majority sentiment. It's not. It never has been. We had a fluke straight flush type thing happen in 2016 where Trump won because of our system even though most people didn't want him in.

It didn't happen this time.

If you are a Trump fan, please understand this: You are in the minority. Most people are NOT Trump fans. Most people, also, are NOT Republicans. When it comes to majority sentiment among the people of the United States overall, the Democrats have the edge.

Trump fans and Republicans who think otherwise need to stop living in a fantasy world and deal with reality. And they need to stop supporting efforts to suppress the vote among groups that aren't likely to vote for them.
So this is the world you live in now? When Trump wins, he wasn’t supposed to win and most people didn’t want him, but when he loses, he’s just expected to lose and people need to accept it and STFU? Surely even you, in your partisan mindset, can see the lunacy of that position.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:40 pm I can't believe SG is still trying to argue that the Maricopa county "audit" is credible. It's not credible. Nobody outside of the Trump cult is going to believe anything it comes up with.
A hand recount and basic auditing skills won't cut it eh? You know the audit leader is the former Sec of State. I assume he knows a thing or two about audits.

You sound like Klam and Ibanez repeating stale talking points. You do realize the questions you have are due to rebuttals. In other words, the audit will ask MCBoS a reasonable question and they will reply with what you are saying. How about answering the question?

You got stale, weak talking points. It's how I can tell you actually haven't been paying attention to the audit.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:46 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:40 pm I can't believe SG is still trying to argue that the Maricopa county "audit" is credible. It's not credible. Nobody outside of the Trump cult is going to believe anything it comes up with.
A hand recount and basic auditing skills won't cut it eh? You know the audit leader is the former Sec of State. I assume he knows a thing or two about audits.

You sound like Klam and Ibanez repeating stale talking points. You do realize the questions you have are due to rebuttals. In other words, the audit will ask MCBoS a reasonable question and they will reply with what you are saying. How about answering the question?

You got stale, weak talking points.
This "audit" won't have credibility. And you know it.

Definition of credibility: the quality of being trusted and believed in.

You know that's not going to happen.Not by the majority of the People. Yes, the nut-jobs in the Trump Cult might believe it. But the nut jobs int he Trump Cult are in the minority. This is not a credible effort.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:50 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:46 pm

You got stale, weak talking points.

You know that's not going to happen.Not by the majority of the People. Yes, the nut-jobs in the Trump Cult might believe it. But the nut jobs int he Trump Cult are in the minority. This is not a credible effort.
What about their methodology is not credible?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:06 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Google "Cyber Ninja Methodology."

The bottom line is that this is not going to have credibility. You can argue that it SHOULD have credibility. I would disagree with you. But it doesn't matter either way. It doesn't have credibility.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:06 pm

The bottom line is that this is not going to have credibility. You can argue that it SHOULD have credibility. I would disagree with you. But it doesn't matter either way. It doesn't have credibility.
Triple checking a ballot for accuracy and 24/7 video coverage. Better than the actual election.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Interesting turn in the New Hampshire audit. Second hand recount matches fist recount, therefore machine totals incorrect.

Looks as if the folds in the ballot are causing issues with the scans.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Triple checking a ballot for accuracy and 24/7 video coverage. Better than the actual election.
Wouldn't this be the 4th check of the ballot for accuracy? Wasn't there a recount before the first 2 audits?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I believe it's the first time that ballots have been checked for bamboo.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:42 am I believe it's the first time that ballots have been checked for bamboo.
If you had told me before the election that we’d be all the way into late May with ninjas looking for bamboo evidence in “contested” ballots I’d have said....maybe? :lol:

Prediction: we will still be discussing the stolen election in the 2024 campaign.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:01 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:42 am I believe it's the first time that ballots have been checked for bamboo.
If you had told me before the election that we’d be all the way into late May with ninjas looking for bamboo evidence in “contested” ballots I’d have said....maybe? :lol:

Prediction: we will still be discussing the stolen election in the 2024 campaign.
It’s like deja vu all over again.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:09 pm
kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:01 pm

If we're really lucky, the Conks will take the House in 2022 and we'll have another impeachment redux.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:09 pm

If we're really lucky, the Conks will take the House in 2022 and we'll have another impeachment redux.
One can only hope.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 pm

Wouldn't this be the 4th check of the ballot for accuracy? Wasn't there a recount before the first 2 audits?
Not a recount of this magnitude. The previous audits, as best I can tell, were just samples of "statistically significant" amounts. Not sure what exactly that entails. Very similar to the machine audits. They essentially hook them up and turn them on and as long as warning lights don't flash, that's the end of the audit.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 am Interesting turn in the New Hampshire audit. Second hand recount matches fist recount, therefore machine totals incorrect.

This is the bigger story imo. Much smaller vote counts aren't matching. Saw an article that the discrepancies were similar in multiple races.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Of course, and the guy who spoke about it said he didn't believe the theory, but this was a way to "un-gaslight people".

https://www.businessinsider.com/maricop ... 021-5?op=1
However, Brakey — who claims that he has been investigating elections for at least 16 years — clarified that he did not believe the theory about the bamboo ballots.

"I don't believe any of that. We're just saying that this is part of the mystery that we want to un-gaslight people about, and this is a way to do it," he added in the interview with CBS.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

2020 General Election

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Of course, and the guy who spoke about it said he didn't believe the theory, but this was a way to "un-gaslight people".

However, Brakey — who claims that he has been investigating elections for at least 16 years — clarified that he did not believe the theory about the bamboo ballots.

"I don't believe any of that. We're just saying that this is part of the mystery that we want to un-gaslight people about, and this is a way to do it," he added in the interview with CBS.
Why do you make substantive replies to conspiracy theorists?

Just do to felchy like we all do with Houndawg...

Roll your eyes a little and scroll down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 am Interesting turn in the New Hampshire audit. Second hand recount matches fist recount, therefore machine totals incorrect.

This is the bigger story imo. Much smaller vote counts aren't matching. Saw an article that the discrepancies were similar in multiple races.
This and adjudication. I'm interested to see how many votes were "swapped" during adjudication. This is what people don't understand about a full recount. Finally get to see if the digital image total, matches the hand recount total. Much like here in NH.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:26 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Why do you make substantive replies to conspiracy theorists?

Just do to felchy like we all do with Houndawg...

Roll your eyes a little, laugh at his expense and scroll down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FIFA
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

New Hampshire's audit arose from a tangible gap in vote tallies in a race for state representative. Auditors have said their early assessment reveals no sign of fraud and instead points to human errors that they don't believe are pervasive statewide.
Even so, the bipartisan audit has become a flashpoint in this small town. And some conservatives are clinging to claims that the issue in Windham could point to broader election integrity problems throughout New Hampshire or even beyond.
Harri Hursti, an expert in electronic voting security and part of the three-man team leading the audit, said he's been surprised at the level of "malicious misinformation" swirling around the audit.
Well using them is just crazy. Experts have no place in this process.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/25/politics ... index.html

Audit spokesperson and former Arizona Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen told the Arizona Republic Tuesday that Pennsylvania-based Wake TSI decided not to renew its contract, which ended May 14.

Arizona state Senate President Karen Fann (R) also told local NBC affiliate KPNX that Wake, which was the subcontractor working under the audit’s main contractor, Cyber Ninjas, would no longer be involved in the audit, which officials say is likely to continue through next month.

Pullen told the Republic that Wake TSI "didn't want to come back."

"They were done," he said, adding that Scottsdale-based technology company StratTech Solutions would now be overseeing the hand count.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... tion-audit

:coffee:

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 am
New Hampshire's audit arose from a tangible gap in vote tallies in a race for state representative. Auditors have said their early assessment reveals no sign of fraud and instead points to human errors that they don't believe are pervasive statewide.
Even so, the bipartisan audit has become a flashpoint in this small town. And some conservatives are clinging to claims that the issue in Windham could point to broader election integrity problems throughout New Hampshire or even beyond.
Harri Hursti, an expert in electronic voting security and part of the three-man team leading the audit, said he's been surprised at the level of "malicious misinformation" swirling around the audit.
Well using them is just crazy. Experts have no place in this process.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/25/politics ... index.html

Audit spokesperson and former Arizona Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen told the Arizona Republic Tuesday that Pennsylvania-based Wake TSI decided not to renew its contract, which ended May 14.

Arizona state Senate President Karen Fann (R) also told local NBC affiliate KPNX that Wake, which was the subcontractor working under the audit’s main contractor, Cyber Ninjas, would no longer be involved in the audit, which officials say is likely to continue through next month.

Pullen told the Republic that Wake TSI "didn't want to come back."

"They were done," he said, adding that Scottsdale-based technology company StratTech Solutions would now be overseeing the hand count.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... tion-audit

:coffee:

You should check out the NH audit. 3 person crew and person #3 was picked by #1 and #2 who were appointed by committees. #3 just quit.

#3 also worked for the EAC, you know, the group that certified Pro V&V and Compliance SLI for the plug in and check audits in AZ. #3 was also appointed to his position on the EAC by Pelosi.

What was your point about AZ again? 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Republicans block the January 6 Commission. Manchin isn't happy. Inquiring minds want to know:
  • Will this cause him to change his position on the filibuster?
  • If he does, was stopping a January 6 Commission a hill worth dying on for the Republicans?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:13 pmwas stopping a January 6 Commission a hill worth dying on for the Republicans?[/list]
Depends what it would have turned up.

If it would have turned up damning evidence on sitting members of Congress, former POTUS, etc. it is clearly worth the political capitol to prevent.

If it would have been a nothingburger, it would not be worth the political capitol.

Mitch is shrewd and doesn't risk political capitol for nothing. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)