AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:41 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:38 am

Pretty much this. Desantis has to seriously fuck up to not be the front runner in '24. Even better would be if Trump serve as "hypeman" for his run. The Leftist/msm outrage will be delicious.
Will Trump’s ego allow him to play second fiddle?
I'd prefer Trump go away. I realize that's probably not going to happen, but I'd prefer it. He's a spotlight-sucking narcissist and I think DeSantis is beyond needing his "help" for name recognition or hype at this point.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 am

I'd prefer Trump go away. I realize that's probably not going to happen, but I'd prefer it. He's a spotlight-sucking narcissist and I think DeSantis is beyond needing his "help" for name recognition or hype at this point.
The questions remain....will Trump not run? Does being affiliated with Trump hurt DeSantis among moderate conservatives and independents?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:48 am
Saw a headline that Desantis won a straw poll (polls!!!) amongst conk candidates and was the clear front runner at this point. More polls like this offers Trump an out, whether he takes it or not remains to be seen.
Can Trump walk away from the spotlight and the MAGAt adulation? I think he's more likely to be petty and try and throw DeSantis under the bus than he is to be DeSantis' hypeman.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:10 am

Saw a headline that Desantis won a straw poll (polls!!!) amongst conk candidates and was the clear front runner at this point. More polls like this offers Trump an out, whether he takes it or not remains to be seen.
Can Trump walk away from the spotlight and the MAGAt adulation? I think he's more likely to be petty and try and throw DeSantis under the bus than he is to be DeSantis' hypeman.
We'll see, he can make more money being "hypeman" rather than combat someone who is taking up his policies for the next election cycle.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:59 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 am

The questions remain....will Trump not run? Does being affiliated with Trump hurt DeSantis among moderate conservatives and independents?
I can't answer the second part, it depends on whether they disagreed with Trump's policies.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:10 am

You think!? Trump is already fuming that Jared Kushner has a book deal before him. I've read from several sites (some R-leaning) that Trump isn't happy that Jared might take credit for his work. He doesn't like people getting praise or positive feedback over him. It's not in his DNA.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

1st 1/6 protester who pled guilty sentenced to 3 yrs probation.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-ca ... 2ba3fa57d6
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 pm 1st 1/6 protester who pled guilty sentenced to 3 yrs probation.
Well that's not much for attempting to destroy America. Apparently attempting to bring down the federal government is a misdemeanor.... :rofl: :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:06 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 pm 1st 1/6 protester who pled guilty sentenced to 3 yrs probation.
Well that's not much for attempting to destroy America. Apparently attempting to bring down the federal government is a misdemeanor.... :rofl: :coffee:
Makes sense,
prosecutors noted that she was not involved in any violence and destruction or preplanning and coordination of the Capitol breach.
. Not everyone arrested can say that. Like those fucktwats who had weapons, those stealing from offices or beating police.

A Tampa man who carried a Trump flag into the well of the Senate on Jan. 6 pleaded guilty Wednesday to one felony count of storming the Capitol to obstruct Congress’s certification of the 2020 presidential election.

Paul Allard Hodgkins, 38, did not enter a cooperation deal with prosecutors, and he is not accused of any other wrongdoing or involvement with extremist groups.

In admitting to the stiffest felony count charged by prosecutors against individuals not otherwise accused of conspiracy or violence in the Capitol riot, Hodgkins faces a prison sentence of 15 to 21 months under federal guidelines. His sentencing is poised to become a test case watched by other defendants deciding whether to accept pleas, several defense lawyers said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:06 am

A Tampa man who carried a Trump flag into the well of the Senate on Jan. 6 pleaded guilty Wednesday to one felony count of storming the Capitol to obstruct Congress’s certification of the 2020 presidential election.

Paul Allard Hodgkins, 38, did not enter a cooperation deal with prosecutors, and he is not accused of any other wrongdoing or involvement with extremist groups.

In admitting to the stiffest felony count charged by prosecutors against individuals not otherwise accused of conspiracy or violence in the Capitol riot, Hodgkins faces a prison sentence of 15 to 21 months under federal guidelines. His sentencing is poised to become a test case watched by other defendants deciding whether to accept pleas, several defense lawyers said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
Ban flags. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:31 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:22 am

Not that I WANT that, but that's what I expect to happen. And if it comes to pass, he will wipe the floor with her. :nod: :nod: :nod:
I dunno....you guys said Trump would wipe the floor with Biden. That didn't really pan out.
Trump would have if not for the China virus.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I thought it was if not for mass voter fraud. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I thought it was if not for mass voter fraud. :coffee:
More excuses, more of a loser.

Why can't he take some individual responsibility and not rely on the community so much?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:23 am I thought it was if not for mass voter fraud. :coffee:
Enabled by the China Virus.

Without the China Virus:
-Ecoonmy 2020 is roaring vs crashing.
-Biden can’t use the China Virus as an excuse to hole up in his basement amd has to cone out and campaign.
-Is no nationwide mass mail in of ballots, no mass overnight ballot dumps. Would have been mostly in person voting. Biden destroyed Trump on mail in, Trump destroyed Biden on in person voting. Mass mail in, esp states without adequate systems in place, a lot easier to commit fraud.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Supposedly a preliminary report on the ballot totals for Maricopa county will be released on Monday. Auditors have been reporting a horrible state of chain of custody and blank ballots within the used ballots...all indicating there might not actually be 2.1 million votes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:26 am

If you don't think a Republican President wouldn't pack the courts then you have lost all objectivity.
They definitely found a way to pack the court with their boys when they didn't give Garland - a moderate judge - a hearing.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

As AG, he’s proving himself to be anything but moderate.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump’s 1st rally simce leaving the WH..

https://rumble.com/vj3g8v-huge-loudest- ... n-wel.html
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am Supposedly a preliminary report on the ballot totals for Maricopa county will be released on Monday. Auditors have been reporting a horrible state of chain of custody and blank ballots within the used ballots...all indicating there might not actually be 2.1 million votes.
You do realize, do you not, that whatever the "Auditors" doing this thing "report" is going to have zero credibility, do you not? There have already been audits that were actually credible contradicting that kind of thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:53 pm Trump’s 1st rally simce leaving the WH..

https://rumble.com/vj3g8v-huge-loudest- ... n-wel.html
What a bunch of idiots.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:37 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 pm
Yep.

-Combativeness of Trump.
-Trolls the left almost as well as Trump.
-Logical background of a Harvard law grad.
-Governance skills in one of largest, most difficult states to run
-Good public speaker.
-Military vet.
-Smoking hot wife.
If you want a a POTUS that's difficult with people and acts likes a Twitter troll, then I guess your set. His governing and military experience (even though he was JAG not a warfighter) are critical, IMO. I know nothing of him aside from his association with Trump (and that's a red flag, for me).

Aside from seeing his name in the press, i'm not sure what's so special about him.

His wife and her appearance don't matter. That's just superficial crap (but she is a looker and a CofC grad.)
True, but he was attached to Seal Team 1 in Fallujah. Probably not ‘in the shit’, but closer than most JAGs..
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:01 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am
They definitely found a way to pack the court with their boys when they didn't give Garland - a moderate judge - a hearing.

Anything but competent will work too.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am Supposedly a preliminary report on the ballot totals for Maricopa county will be released on Monday. Auditors have been reporting a horrible state of chain of custody and blank ballots within the used ballots...all indicating there might not actually be 2.1 million votes.
You do realize, do you not, that whatever the "Auditors" doing this thing "report" is going to have zero credibility, do you not? There have already been audits that were actually credible contradicting that kind of thing.
Seriously, don't spend too much time, but what is wrong with their audit? I keep hearing this over and over from those that do not like the audit, but I can never find anything more than generalities. No specifics.

What is so difficult about manually counting a filled in oval that will be triple checked AND will be recounted if off?

The awesome risk limiting audit you hang your hat on was 4 polling stations and they were 100% correct!! Amazing record. We'll see if that risk limiting audit was all it was cracked up to be when it meets up with the manual audit.

No we just need MCBOS from obstructing the router and Splunk logs like they were subpoena'd to do months ago.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:14 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Anything but competent will work too.
As that Georgia lawsuit is proving beyond the shadow of a doubt.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:38 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:23 am I thought it was if not for mass voter fraud. :coffee:
Enabled by the China Virus.

Without the China Virus:
-Ecoonmy 2020 is roaring vs crashing.
-Biden can’t use the China Virus as an excuse to hole up in his basement amd has to cone out and campaign.
-Is no nationwide mass mail in of ballots, no mass overnight ballot dumps. Would have been mostly in person voting. Biden destroyed Trump on mail in, Trump destroyed Biden on in person voting. Mass mail in, esp states without adequate systems in place, a lot easier to commit fraud.
If he had been a leader and not made COVID political, he could've weathered the storm. Trump's personality doesn't allow him to actually lead people. He just leads himself. He made it a R v D them instead of saying we need to do what's best for the country. We aren't sure but we're going to try something drastic to stem the tide.

HIs constant fighting with his own administration is just one reason he looked like he didn't know what he was doing. That sort of public feuding doesn't inspire confidence. Have your professional disagreements but don't advertise and repeat them ad nauseum during a time when before are afraid and people are dying.

And your comment about fraud - if it was so easy then why hasn't any widespread fraud been uncovered? :suspicious: With all of the visibility on it - you'd think the many many audits would've uncovered irregularities.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:37 am
If you want a a POTUS that's difficult with people and acts likes a Twitter troll, then I guess your set. His governing and military experience (even though he was JAG not a warfighter) are critical, IMO. I know nothing of him aside from his association with Trump (and that's a red flag, for me).

Aside from seeing his name in the press, i'm not sure what's so special about him.

His wife and her appearance don't matter. That's just superficial crap (but she is a looker and a CofC grad.)
True, but he was attached to Seal Team 1 in Fallujah. Probably not ‘in the shit’, but closer than most JAGs..
I know but let's be honest - he wasn't going out on missions with them. He was in the rear with the gear with the CHOPs and staff officers who never see the battle. Everyone has the role to play in the military and I appreciate his service but as lawyer he wasn't going door to door clearing homes.