BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:03 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:40 pm Rogan hitting the nail on the head...

As I've said about stuff like that before: Biden is fine. He comes across as more "there" than Trump does. These people can keep trying this and I guess there is some chance it will work. But every time Biden goes public with discussion, answering questions, etc., it gets shot down. Any rational person can see that he's fine and is, in fact, a lot more lucid than Trump is.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:03 pm

As I've said about stuff like that before: Biden is fine. He comes across as more "there" than Trump does. These people can keep trying this and I guess there is some chance it will work. But every time Biden goes public with discussion, answering questions, etc., it gets shot down. Any rational person can see that he's fine and is, in fact, a lot more lucid than Trump is.
You can do that all you want. The reality is the reality. When one has the opportunity to actually watch Biden function, he comes across as far more lucid than Trump does.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 pm
You can do that all you want. The reality is the reality. When one has the opportunity to actually watch Biden function, he comes across as far more lucid than Trump does.
Both more lucid than you.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:40 pm Rogan hitting the nail on the head...

Sez the guy whose idea of recreation is hard drugs, grain alcohol, and 14 year old girls
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Biden wont go on Rogan for a podcast, I can tell you that. Or any interview where he gas to give impromptu answers.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sez the guy whose idea of recreation is hard drugs, grain alcohol, and 14 year old girls
And that only folks with a 4 year college degree should be able to vote. :lol: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Biden using a teleprompter for an "interview". :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Stone is blatant about conceding the election and waiting to count all votes. Donnie a little more subtle.
“Roger Stone, whose 40-month prison sentence for lying to Congress and witness tampering in the Russia investigation was commuted by Donald Trump, has said Trump should seize total power and jail prominent figures including Bill and Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg if he loses to Joe Biden in November.”

Stone also said: “The ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state. They are completely corrupted. No votes should be counted from the state of Nevada if that turns out to be the provable case. Send federal marshals to the Clark county board of elections, Mr President!”
Attacking the Nevada governor, Steve Sisolak, a Democrat, he said: “This is the guy we are entrusting with millions of ballots, unsolicited ballots, and we’re supposed to win these states. Who the hell is going to trust him? The only way the Democrats can win the election is if they rig it.”

Trump and his campaign have also consistently claimed without evidence that “antifa”, or anti-fascist, activists represent a deadly threat to suburban voters that will be unleashed should Biden win.

Commenting on a Daily Beast report about leftwing activist groups planning what to do “if the election ends without a clear outcome or with a Biden win that Trump refuses to recognize”, Stone told Jones the website should be shut down.

“If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious and illegal activities,” he said, “their entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down. They wanna play war, this is war.........”
Last edited by kalm on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 am Stone is blatant about conceding the election and waiting to count all votes. Donnie a little more subtle.
“Roger Stone, whose 40-month prison sentence for lying to Congress and witness tampering in the Russia investigation was commuted by Donald Trump, has said Trump should seize total power and jail prominent figures including Bill and Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg if he loses to Joe Biden in November.”

Stone also said: “The ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state. They are completely corrupted. No votes should be counted from the state of Nevada if that turns out to be the provable case. Send federal marshals to the Clark county board of elections, Mr President!”
Attacking the Nevada governor, Steve Sisolak, a Democrat, he said: “This is the guy we are entrusting with millions of ballots, unsolicited ballots, and we’re supposed to win these states. Who the hell is going to trust him? The only way the Democrats can win the election is if they rig it.”

Trump and his campaign have also consistently claimed without evidence that “antifa”, or anti-fascist, activists represent a deadly threat to suburban voters that will be unleashed should Biden win.

Commenting on a Daily Beast report about leftwing activist groups planning what to do “if the election ends without a clear outcome or with a Biden win that Trump refuses to recognize”, Stone told Jones the website should be shut down.

“If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious and illegal activities,” he said, “their entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down. They wanna play war, this is war.........”
You should probably include links when you're quoting articles.

Interesting that he is critical of seditious activities after advocating sedition.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:03 am
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 am Stone is blatant about conceding the election and waiting to count all votes. Donnie a little more subtle.

You should probably include links when you're quoting articles.

Interesting that he is critical of seditious activities after advocating sedition.
My bad. I always do but I fucked up the original post and thought I’d fixed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-election
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Funny how Alex Jones has been warning for decades about "the government is going to do a fascist takeover", and then a criminal associate of the current President proceeds to talk about "saving the election by stopping voters and seizing ballots before they can be counted", along with wanting to "round up journalists for sedition", and the motherf*cker just smiles and nods in agreement with him.

This is fascism. If you agree with Stone, you're a fascist.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:25 am Funny how Alex Jones has been warning for decades about "the government is going to do a fascist takeover", and then a criminal associate of the current President proceeds to talk about "saving the election by stopping voters and seizing ballots before they can be counted", along with wanting to "round up journalists for sedition", and the motherf*cker just smiles and nods in agreement with him.

This is rich coming from you. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:25 am Funny how Alex Jones has been warning for decades about "the government is going to do a fascist takeover", and then a criminal associate of the current President proceeds to talk about "saving the election by stopping voters and seizing ballots before they can be counted", along with wanting to "round up journalists for sedition", and the motherf*cker just smiles and nods in agreement with him.

Arguing socialized healthcare and education, stronger economic protections, environmental regulations, immigration and police reform, Constitutional criticisms...those are policy issues and what makes us a free society.

Undermining elections, stopping voters, seizing ballots, colluding with foreign interests, arresting journalists, painting others as "evil"...that's actual fascism. But projection is a classic tactic which Trump and his merry gang use well: "They're the fascists" say the fascists.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:15 am

Arguing socialized healthcare and education, stronger economic protections, environmental regulations, immigration and police reform, Constitutional criticisms...those are policy issues and parts of a free society. It's not fascism.

Undermining elections, colluding with foreign interests, arresting journalists, painting others as "evil"...that's actual fascism.

But projection is a classic fascist tactic, and it's clearly working on a lot of people.
Bro, Hilldog has yet to concede, and has openly encourage Biden to not concede...so explain to us again how this isn't happening on both sides. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:18 am

Arguing socialized healthcare and education, stronger economic protections, environmental regulations, immigration and police reform, Constitutional criticisms...those are policy issues and parts of a free society. It's not fascism.

Undermining elections, colluding with foreign interests, arresting journalists, painting others as "evil"...that's actual fascism.

But projection is a classic fascist tactic, and it's clearly working on a lot of people.
Bro, Hilldog has yet to concede, and has openly encourage Biden to not concede...so explain to us again how this isn't happening on both sides. :lol:
:roll:

You're missing quite a bit of context out of that quote. But hey, this part of American history - if we keep the country going (and I think we will) - wil be studied by future historians for the remarkable propaganda the right-wing was able to pull off.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 am

You're missing quite a bit of context out of that quote. But hey, this part of American history - if we keep the country going (and I think we will) - wil be studied by future historians for the remarkable propaganda the right-wing was able to pull off.
Oh, so in your mind no one on the Left has contributed to the undermining of the upcoming election. Mmkay. :roll: :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 am

Oh, so in your mind no one on the Left has contributed to the undermining of the upcoming election. Mmkay. :roll: :lol:
What the f*ck is this absolute obsession with defending Donald f*cking Trump and his goons?

The President himself is already sowing seeds of doubt before we've even voted, said yesterday that he's "entitled" to more than two terms, and then Roger Stone - a man Trump listens to - says "we should throw out ballots, we should stop people from voting, we should arrest journalists, we should declare martial law" and instead of raising red flags, y'all go "but Hillary..."

Get outta here with that garbage. It's classic fascism, to a tee.

Trump, Stone, and the rest of 'em are on a dangerous path. Trump has no concept of democracy and only gives a sh*t about himself, and Stone has an actual history of trying to illegally steal elections. Policy disagreements are policy disagreements, but these people are trying to royally f*ck America, democracy, and the free world to benefit themselves. And y'all are handing them the keys to do it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Haaaawhat?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am
What the f*ck is this absolute obsession with defending Donald f*cking Trump and his goons?

The President himself is already sowing seeds of doubt before we've even voted, said yesterday that he's "entitled" to more than two terms, and then Roger Stone - a man Trump listens to - says "we should throw out ballots, we should stop people from voting, we should arrest journalists, we should declare martial law" and instead of raising red flags, y'all go "but Hillary..."

Trump, Stone, and the rest of 'em are on a dangerous path. Trump has no concept of democracy and only gives a sh*t about himself, and Stone has an actual history of trying to illegally steal elections. Policy disagreements are policy disagreements, but these people are trying to royally f*ck America, democracy, and the free world to benefit themselves. And y'all are handing them the keys to do it.
What Stone, Trump and others have said does scare me. So do the words and actions of people like Bernie, AOC, Ted Wheeler and others.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:42 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am

What Stone, Trump and others have said does scare me. So do the words and actions of people like Bernie, AOC, Ted Wheeler and others.
Trump doesn't scare me, nor does Stone, nor anyone in their merry gang. History will remember them as the garbage people they are and that delights me to no end. I look around America and see a country that has a very bright future ahead, positioned to once again be a global leader for democracy, freedom, science, trade, and enlightenment ideals. Be afraid of changing policies if you want, but the fact so many ordinary people are pushing back against fascist tendencies gives me solace this country will be ok.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:42 pm
Trump doesn't scare me, nor does Stone, nor anyone in their merry gang. History will remember them as the garbage people they are and that delights me to no end. I look around America and see a country that has a very bright future ahead, positioned to once again be a global leader for democracy, freedom, science, trade, and enlightenment ideals. Be afraid of changing policies if you want, but the fact so many ordinary people are pushing back against fascist tendencies gives me solace this country will be ok.
You criticize Trump for fascism but say nothing about antifa and BLM using fascist (intimidation & violence) tactics which is tacitly endorsed by Democratic leaders. Why don't you push back against that fascism? Or is fascism in pursuit of outcomes you support ok?

I'm not afraid of truly progressive (i.e. new) policies and ideas. I'm afraid of people that want to rehash policies and ideas that have repeatedly failed which is what Bernie and AOC want to do. Ted Wheeler is a modern day domestic Neville Chamberlain, appeasing rioters and looters.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Arguing socialized healthcare and education, stronger economic protections, environmental regulations, immigration and police reform, Constitutional criticisms...those are policy issues and what makes us a free society.

Undermining elections, stopping voters, seizing ballots, colluding with foreign interests, arresting journalists, painting others as "evil"...that's actual fascism. But projection is a classic tactic which Trump and his merry gang use well: "They're the fascists" say the fascists.
Hats off to Trip framing Obama as a fascist. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Baldy, you're projecting ... :mrgreen:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:18 pm
:(
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:18 pm
I keep trying to tell you guys that Biden is center right.

:coffee: