Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:52 am Oh.

I'm not seeing how somebody can think that an inference about mail in ballots can be drawn from signatures on petitions. Two completely different things.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

The Georgia guy weighs in:

The thread he's linking there by election lawyer (David Becker) is also interesting. They guy makes the case that what's going on violates a Federal statute that requires that ballots remain under the supervision of election officials. Several posts on that, including this one:
52 USC 20701 also requires ballots and other records to be under the direct control and supervision of election officials at all times, which is not what is happening in AZ
The thread is at

Click on the link with the time and date.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I should have known. I will continue to dig into it but it looks to me like, as of when that tweet was done, California had not identified "20% of signatures not matching." It looks to me like, as of then, California was still working on verifying signatures. The State was on a deadline to verify signatures and issue a report by the following day. And the issue had become moot because there were already enough verified signatures to prompt the recall. Yet another misleading post by a conservative. Another lie.

Seriously. Conservatives need to stop this. If you want to win the debate, win with the truth. Stop this lying crap.
Could I ever be a star?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:59 pm Seriously. Conservatives need to stop this. If you want to win the debate, win with the truth. Stop this lying crap.
You mean truth over facts?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:59 pm

I should have known. I will continue to dig into it but it looks to me like, as of when that tweet was done, California had not identified "20% of signatures not matching." It looks to me like, as of then, California was still working on verifying signatures. The State was on a deadline to verify signatures and issue a report by the following day. And the issue had become moot because there were already enough verified signatures to prompt the recall. Yet another misleading post by a conservative. Another lie.

Seriously. Conservatives need to stop this. If you want to win the debate, win with the truth. Stop this lying crap.
'Member when signature verification for the mail-in ballots was raycist?

Pepperidge Farm 'members.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

How are you okay with a state recall election having a much more stringent signature verification process than the Presidential election?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:50 am

How are you okay with a state recall election having a much more stringent signature verification process than the Presidential election?
It doesn't. When they were talking about 20% of signatures not being verified they were talking about not having gotten to them yet.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

You may have seen the stories on this:

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-state-rep-a ... it-1588010

It's about a guy who is a former Arizona State Republican legislator who signed on to a resolution to invalidate the election results. He was also a Trump elector had Trump won the State. He was at the January 6 capital riot. And he has a bad history:
During Kern's time working as a code enforcement officer for the El Mirage Police Department, he was placed on the state's Brady list, a list of law enforcement officers with known credibility issues, The Daily Beast reported.
A summary of the situation:
During Kern's time working as a code enforcement officer for the El Mirage Police Department, he was placed on the state's Brady list, a list of law enforcement officers with known credibility issues, The Daily Beast reported.
The party of stupid. Used not to be that way. But it's certainly that way now.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:50 am

It doesn't. When they were talking about 20% of signatures not being verified they were talking about not having gotten to them yet.
Wrong again, dumbass. About 400k of the 2.02M signatures verified were invalidated. 2.16M signatures were received. I thought you were good at math?

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/recall ... eatlie.pdf
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Wrong again, dumbass. About 400k of the 2.02M signatures verified were invalidated. 2.16M signatures were received. I thought you were good at math?

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/recall ... eatlie.pdf
MaTh mAKe he bRAinY PArTs HuRt
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Did Trump win yet?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:30 am Did Trump win yet?
They gonna let him tweet again? :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:57 pm You may have seen the stories on this:

It's about a guy who is a former Arizona State Republican legislator who signed on to a resolution to invalidate the election results. He was also a Trump elector had Trump won the State. He was at the January 6 capital riot. And he has a bad history:

You go out and greet Biden in Lake Charles?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:57 pm You may have seen the stories on this:

You go out and greet Biden in Lake Charles?
Doesn't look like many people did. Most votes ever though.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah. In REAL analytics, that’s what we call “anecdotal evidence”, but you do you, John.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Glad they’re doing it the right way this time...
Ballots have been left unattended on counting tables.

Laptop computers sit abandoned, at times — open, unlocked and unmonitored.

Procedures are constantly shifting, with untrained workers using different rules to count ballots.

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D) on Wednesday sent a letter outlining a string of problems that she said observers from her office have witnessed at a Republican-led recount of the 2020 presidential election results in Arizona’s largest county.

In the six-page letter, Hobbs wrote that elections are “governed by a complex framework of laws and procedures designed to ensure accuracy, security, and transparency” but that the procedures governing the ongoing recount in Phoenix “ensure none of those things.”

Former Arizona secretary of state Ken Bennett (R), who is acting as a spokesman for the audit, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But the audit’s Twitter account, @ArizonaAudit, tweeted that Hobbs’s allegations were “baseless claimes [sic].”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... AFZrIVe_VM
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 am Glad they’re doing it the right way this time...

Procedures are constantly shifting, with untrained workers using different rules to count ballots.

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D) on Wednesday sent a letter outlining a string of problems that she said observers from her office have witnessed at a Republican-led recount of the 2020 presidential election results in Arizona’s largest county.

In the six-page letter, Hobbs wrote that elections are “governed by a complex framework of laws and procedures designed to ensure accuracy, security, and transparency” but that the procedures governing the ongoing recount in Phoenix “ensure none of those things.”

Former Arizona secretary of state Ken Bennett (R), who is acting as a spokesman for the audit, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But the audit’s Twitter account, @ArizonaAudit, tweeted that Hobbs’s allegations were “baseless claimes [sic].”
If the Republicans really cared about election integrity, they would've had an independent party handle all of this stuff with R and D observers. They can pay for it all they want but paying for it AND doing the analysis themselves vs independent counsel is just a waste of time and money as well as politically stupid.

This is politics where the rules are made up and neither the truth nor integrity matters.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 am Glad they’re doing it the right way this time...

If the Republicans really cared about election integrity, they would've had an independent party handle all of this stuff with R and D observers. They can pay for it all they want but paying for it AND doing the analysis themselves vs independent counsel is just a waste of time and money as well as politically stupid.

This is politics where the rules are made up and neither the truth nor integrity matters.
Uh, we're talking about political parties here, integrity has nothing to do with Dem's or GOP'ers. It's all about winning. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am

Uh, we're talking about political parties here, integrity has nothing to do with Dem's or GOP'ers. It's all about winning. :ohno:
:nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am

Silly me...

pwn those dirty libtards!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

If Democrats really cared... They would have reached across the aisle and said, "how can we help ensure this recount is open and honest?". The recount allows observers from both parties.

Just found out the DNC has asked Democrats not to help with observing. Huh, now why wouldn't they offer help?
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Washington Post! :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:24 pm

Please point me in the direction of a reliable source. I’ll take your answer off the air thanks. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:24 pm

Please point me in the direction of a reliable source. I’ll take your answer off the air thanks. :thumb:
My initial advice would be to not use one that got it's ass handed to it by a 15 year old Catholic boy and also doesn't use unnamed sources to push bullshit, or one that launders fake news for our intelligence services.

I would say you might want to look more local, like the AZ Republic, even though it leans Liberal. I've found local papers tend to do a whole lot less spin.

You're welcome!