Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Exactly. It's this guy and the other, what, 200 people that gave the whole thing a black eye?

Protesting on the steps is legal.

Of course when they were protesting Kavanaugh, they had people in Chuck Schumer's office watching tv.
I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday there were ANTIFA infiltrators in the crowd. They tend to be over the top trying to fit in..
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources

At least two known Antifa members were spotted among the throngs of pro-Trump protesters at the Capitol on Wednesday, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The Antifa members disguised themselves with pro-Trump clothing to join in the DC rioting, said the sources, who spotted the infiltrators while monitoring video coverage from the Capitol.

The infiltrators were recognized due to their participation in New York City demonstrations, and were believed to have joined in the rioting so that Trump would get blamed, the source said.

A Washington Times report initially claimed two other protesters were actually Philadelphia-based Antifa members — citing a retired military officer with access to facial recognition software — but the outlet deleted the article after the software company told Buzzfeed News that the story was “outright false.”
https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-ant ... t-sources/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:22 pm The economy grew despite the China Virus..
O rly?

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday there were ANTIFA infiltrators in the crowd. They tend to be over the top trying to fit in..
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources

At least two known Antifa members were spotted among the throngs of pro-Trump protesters at the Capitol on Wednesday, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The Antifa members disguised themselves with pro-Trump clothing to join in the DC rioting, said the sources, who spotted the infiltrators while monitoring video coverage from the Capitol.

The infiltrators were recognized due to their participation in New York City demonstrations, and were believed to have joined in the rioting so that Trump would get blamed, the source said.

A Washington Times report initially claimed two other protesters were actually Philadelphia-based Antifa members — citing a retired military officer with access to facial recognition software — but the outlet deleted the article after the software company told Buzzfeed News that the story was “outright false.”
https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-ant ... t-sources/
2 people! Oh me! Oh my! 2 people! Well, that surely changes everything? You know who isn't ANTIFA?

These 2

Or this guy

Or the hundreds and hundreds of others.

And if they are all ANTIFA - then how weak is MAGA to be led by the very group they despise into insurrection? There's no right answer, bub. None at all. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:48 am
I can't find what his injury was.
Brian D. Sicknick "was injured while physically engaging with protesters" on Wednesday, USCP said in a statement. He returned to his division office and collapsed, then was taken to a local hospital where he died Thursday evening
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:23 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:48 am
I can't find what his injury was.
Brian D. Sicknick "was injured while physically engaging with protesters" on Wednesday, USCP said in a statement. He returned to his division office and collapsed, then was taken to a local hospital where he died Thursday evening
Sounds like was smashed in the head with a fire extinguisher.

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 am Lol

That's why, when my wife was complaining that the overwhelmed capitol police weren't arresting every single person as they left the building, that I said there was no need to. Better to get these folks out of the building as soon as possible so that the cops could be out of harms way and so that lawmakers could be allowed to go back to work, and then just peruse through the thousands of selfies and social media posts and just video footage that easily identifies the vast majority of the lawbreakers and charge them with what should be ironclad criminal charges as the schedule permits. What's the statute of limitation on insurrection, I imagine it's not a small window of time?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am

That's why, when my wife was complaining that the overwhelmed capitol police weren't arresting every single person as they left the building, that I said there was no need to. Better to get these folks out of the building as soon as possible so that the cops could be out of harms way and so that lawmakers could be allowed to go back to work, and then just peruse through the thousands of selfies and social media posts and just video footage that easily identifies the vast majority of the lawbreakers and charge them with what should be ironclad criminal charges as the schedule permits. What's the statute of limitation on insurrection, I imagine it's not a small window of time?
Told my wife the same. There will be more than few divorces, lost jobs, and family disowns over this. :lol: :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Conversation

The Lincoln Project
@ProjectLincoln
Fact: More Americans died as a result of the siege on the United States Capitol than in #Benghazi.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:52 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:22 pm The economy grew despite the China Virus..
O rly?

Way to coveniently leave off the 3rd & 4th qtr off your chart. Now post a chart with the 3rd qtr 2020 included..The 3rd quarter will show a giant upswing similar to the 2nd qtr giant downswing.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:15 am
2 people! Oh me! Oh my! 2 people! Well, that surely changes everything? You know who isn't ANTIFA?

These 2

Or this guy

And if they are all ANTIFA - then how weak is MAGA to be led by the very group they despise into insurrection? There's no right answer, bub. None at all. :twocents:
I heard multiple callers on multiple talk radio that said they were there and there was ANTIFA there..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

How ironic - holding up the peace symbol after you've taken part in a mob that vandalized federal government. :clap:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:19 am

These 2

Or this guy

I heard multiple callers on multiple talk radio that said they were there and there was ANTIFA there..

I wouldn't put it past agitators from Antifa do that. But that doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON there was Antifa and that only Antifa scum were responsible. Trump supporters are trying to defend/excuse their actions by rationalizing it and blaming others. It's actually quite Trumpian.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am

I pretty much said the same thing but added that it wouldn't be possible to arrest and quell the mob. The manpower just wasn't there.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah said Friday that President Donald Trump lied to the American people about the 2020 presidential election results and said that he should "seriously consider" resigning from office after Wednesday's deadly insurrection at the US Capitol.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html

:coffee: :coffee: It's too late now but this is purely self-preservation.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 am

How ironic - holding up the peace symbol after you've taken part in a mob that vandalized federal government. :clap:
Well, could be interpreted as the victory symbol too. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:31 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:08 pm Great leadership here. Shouldn't make things worse at all. :dunce:

I thought the outcome from the protests in the summer was that we shouldn't be using tear gas on protestors anymore? I'm the first to say that law enforcement has a long way to go in terms of fixing what's wrong, but in this case they're damned if they do, damned if they don't - they corrected something they were criticized for before (using tear gas) and now they're criticized for not using it.
They used it. Flash bangs too. The "police handled the Trump riots wiht kid gloves" is a false narrative. Hell, the cops even shot one.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:29 am
Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah said Friday that President Donald Trump lied to the American people about the 2020 presidential election results and said that he should "seriously consider" resigning from office after Wednesday's deadly insurrection at the US Capitol.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html

:coffee: :coffee: It's too late now but this is purely self-preservation.
Why on her part? Didn't she resign more than a month ago?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:01 am
My understanding is this was all pre-Trump speech from the 6th, not during the Capitol storming. No shock seeing you parrot false narratives.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 am

My thought exactly. That's not how that works. :lol: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

They weren't all antifa, but I wouldn't doubt some were there. The "it was all antifa" narrative is just retarded. Hell, antifa coopted blm protests too.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:19 am

I wouldn't put it past agitators from Antifa do that. But that doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON there was Antifa and that only Antifa scum were responsible. Trump supporters are trying to defend/excuse their actions by rationalizing it and blaming others. It's actually quite Trumpian.
Agreed.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:42 am
They weren't all antifa, but I wouldn't doubt some were there. The "it was all antifa" narrative is just retarded. Hell, antifa coopted blm protests too.
:nod: :nod: I don't doubt it one bit. Hell, weren't there some MAGA people caught posing as Antifa during the protests last year? People will take advantage of a situation in order to make the other side look bad/worst.