GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pmSure, violent protesters, rioters & looters should be arrested. The question is should arrests and sentencing follow the guidelines used by the Multnomah County DA for the Portland "protesters"?

Well, one thing is for sure - those arrested won't be charged by a county DA, but by a US Attorney. I'm not sure what storming the capitol and preventing the Senate from performing their Consitutionally obligated duty should be charged with. But, sedition isn't too far off. Certainly closer than the Zoom call y'all were calling sedition not long ago.
Sedition requires advanced planning to overthrow government - getting stirred up and lashing out falls far short of that. There are plenty of offenses well short of sedition that can be used (trespassing, vandalism, failure to comply with police, assault, etc) that fit the bill very nicely and would provide a fair amount of punishment for those guilty, and a whole boatload of these folks are certainly guilty of considerable offenses. But of course, if you want to continue the spiral of degradation of political discourse in this country and stamp out any and all opposition to whatever your political stance is, by all means try to work sedition into the conversation, that will be very helpful. Have you and dback considered a joint campaign, you're fitting the current political climate very nicely with your absolutism. We clearly need more of that at this moment. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

An explosive device was found at the headquarters of the Republican National Committee in Washington and the nearby headquarters of the Democratic National Committee was evacuated after the discovery of a suspicious package on Wednesday, according to three people briefed on the discoveries.

The device that was found at the R.N.C. was a pipe bomb that was successfully destroyed by a bomb squad, according to an official for the R.N.C.

The package at the D.N.C. has yet to be identified, according to a top Democrat briefed on the matter who was not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The R.N.C. and D.N.C. are headquartered just a few blocks away from the U.S. Capitol, which Mr. Trump’s supporters stormed on Wednesday afternoon soon as Congress had gathered to certify President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory and shortly after the president addressed the crowd near the White House.

As a mob breached the Capitol, Vice President Mike Pence was rushed from the Senate chamber and the building was placed on lockdown. Shortly after, Mr. Trump tweeted that Mr. Pence “didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done” because he did not try to reject the electors.

The National Guard for Washington and Virginia was activated Wednesday afternoon to respond to the unrest.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06 ... -evacuated
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:36 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:29 pm

I hope this post ages well.

Who’s in control right now?
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:30 pm "Both sides" LOL
Can't rebut so you deflect. Way to take a page from the BDK approach.

Let's ignore what happened in Portland, Seattle, etc. in 2020 and pretend that this is new and that the left has never done or rationalized anything like it.

And I won't hold my breath waiting for someone to prove me wrong.
This is quite new and has never happened before.

(I didn’t want you to hold your breath).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:55 pm

Well, one thing is for sure - those arrested won't be charged by a county DA, but by a US Attorney. I'm not sure what storming the capitol and preventing the Senate from performing their Consitutionally obligated duty should be charged with. But, sedition isn't too far off. Certainly closer than the Zoom call y'all were calling sedition not long ago.
Sedition requires advanced planning to overthrow government - getting stirred up and lashing out falls far short of that. There are plenty of offenses well short of sedition that can be used (trespassing, vandalism, failure to comply with police, assault, etc) that fit the bill very nicely and would provide a fair amount of punishment for those guilty, and a whole boatload of these folks are certainly guilty of considerable offenses. But of course, if you want to continue the spiral of degradation of political discourse in this country and stamp out any and all opposition to whatever your political stance is, by all means try to work sedition into the conversation, that will be very helpful. Have you and dback considered a joint campaign, you're fitting the current political climate very nicely with your absolutism. We clearly need more of that at this moment. :ohno:
There might just be some evidence of advanced planning to overthrow out there somewhere.

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:56 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:36 pm
Can't rebut so you deflect. Way to take a page from the BDK approach.

Let's ignore what happened in Portland, Seattle, etc. in 2020 and pretend that this is new and that the left has never done or rationalized anything like it.

And I won't hold my breath waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

Violent protests, rioting & looting are quite new?

Still waiting ... :popcorn:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:05 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Yeah...that’s all it is.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:00 pm

There might just be some evidence of advanced planning to overthrow out there somewhere.

:lol:
It has to be more than talk. There's a reason why we don't use it very often, or as liberally as the dbacks of the world would like to against their political opponents. Like I said, there's plenty to work with to really punish the most complicit in this disaster without throwing more political fuel onto the bonfire. But that assumes that people want the bonfire to be put out. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Yeah...that’s all it is.
They're angry about what they perceive to be an injustice perpetuated against them and they've been riled up and lashed out as a result.

There are valid comparisons to the protests in Portland, Seattle, etc. no matter how much you might want to pretend otherwise.

The extremes of both sides are mirror images of each other. You can either admit it and start working toward a future that addresses everyone's grievances and concerns or continue to ignore it and pretend that your side is righteous and the other side are evil Fascists/Marxists.

Still waiting ... :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:49 pm
I’m sure Progressives like AOC approve of today’s action...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
I would say people who are vocal about overturning the election, storming the Capitol and trying to stall the election results isn’t far off from sedition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:11 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Yeah...that’s all it is.
They're angry about what they perceive to be an injustice perpetuated against them and they've been riled up and lashed out as a result.

There are valid comparisons to the protests in Portland, Seattle, etc. no matter how much you might want to pretend otherwise.

The extremes of both sides are mirror images of each other. You can either admit it and start working toward a future that addresses everyone's grievances and concerns or continue to ignore it and pretend that your side is righteous and the other side are evil Fascists/Marxists.

Still waiting ... :coffee:
You literally have a leader who just a few minutes ago claimed election fraud while his supporters occupy the seat of power for the entire country via force. And this has been telegraphed for weeks.

Remember when that happened in Portland?

Don’t be mad at Trump and his supporters for simply doing what they said they were going to do. (Right Ganny?)

Some days might be better than others for championing the “both sides do it” battle cry. :shock: :lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:36 pm Donald Trump and the protesters, as well as the TREASONOUS Motherfuckers objecting to the electorial college need to be arrested for Treason and Sedition.

Either you are an American or you are a Trump supporter. You can't be both.
Thanks, that's the kind of leadership and attitude that will certainly calm things down and bring our country back from the brink. Ever think of running for office? :ohno:
It is what is needed.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

There has been plenty of advanced planning

what would REALLY be helpful if you would finally understand the seriousness of how Anti-American and anti-Democracy Trump and his cult are
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Boy!! This didn’t age well

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:42 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Thanks, that's the kind of leadership and attitude that will certainly calm things down and bring our country back from the brink. Ever think of running for office? :ohno:
It is what is needed.
It's what we already have. It's what we've had for the past 4 years. Tell me how well that has worked out. Doubling down on extremism and absolutism only guarantees more extremism and absolutism. You're clearly not what we need right now. :coffee:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Col Hogan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:15 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:49 pm
I’m sure Progressives like AOC approve of today’s action...

A new low for you. Trying to overthrow the government.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

More people showed up for Trumps going away party than his inauguration.

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Sedition, Ganny

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

THe video of those "patriots" storming the Capitol and flying the Confederate flag is just too good. Fucking morons.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:46 pm More people showed up for Trumps going away party than his inauguration.

Boom! :rofl: