Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am
That's where we disagree. I see about 10% of R's defending it. Fox News isn't defending it, but CNN, MSNBC, etc... most definitely defended or ignored the violence in the summer. Are R politicians defending it? D's sure did in the summer.
Minnesota Democrats were not defending the violence. I see a lot of people on the right defending the "Partiots" from January 6th, by saying, what about BLM.
I see a lot saying what about the reaction to BLM.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:22 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:45 am

The better irony/hypocrisy is that Republicans and Democrats have completely flipped the script on each other. Last summer the Dems were saying the protestors were ok and the violence was acceptable, blah blah blah. While the Republicans were saying violence is criminal and you don't loot a Target to make your point. You don't burn buildings to make your point. You obey the law and you'll be ok.

Now it's the opposite. Democrats are denouncing the GOP for their supporters and the GOP is saying, " Yeah , but BLM did it...."

What's worst is that there are people that actually believe that shit. :ohno:
come on Mark. You're smarter than that. :suspicious: :suspicious:

If the Trump supporters had gone and looted a Target because they were made at Congress, then your analogy would make sense. But what would you have them do? 75,000,000 people being disenfranchised all at once and they're supposed to just sit around and turn the other cheek and say, "thank you sir, may I have another"? Or maybe you'd RATHER they loot a Target?
It's true. Republicans on here have rationalized and made excuses for a violent protest and have spent pages comparing it to BLM/Antifa.

Trump supporters vandalized and looted the US Capital b/c they believe a false narrative of a stolen election. 75M people aren't being disenfranchised - they're just upset and are choosing to believe a theory that isn't based on any facts instead of accepting reality (kind of like Democrats in 2016).

And suggesting that'd prefer the loot a Target is asinine. My position on BLM is painfully obvious. Go back to those threads, you'll not see a single post of mine supporting BLM/Antifa. :thumbdown: Your entire post is making excuses.

People did bad things. It's perfectly alright to say they're wrong and that anyone that inspired their acts and/or urged them on shares the blame.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am

If the Trump supporters had gone and looted a Target because they were made at Congress, then your analogy would make sense. But what would you have them do? 75,000,000 people being disenfranchised all at once and they're supposed to just sit around and turn the other cheek and say, "thank you sir, may I have another"? Or maybe you'd RATHER they loot a Target?
It's true. Republicans on here have rationalized and made excuses for a violent protest and have spent pages comparing it to BLM/Antifa.

Trump supporters vandalized and looted the US Capital b/c they believe a false narrative of a stolen election. 75M people aren't being disenfranchised - they're just upset and are choosing to believe a theory that isn't based on any facts instead of accepting reality (kind of like Democrats in 2016).

And suggesting that'd prefer the loot a Target is asinine. My position on BLM is painfully obvious. Go back to those threads, you'll not see a single post of mine supporting BLM/Antifa. :thumbdown: Your entire post is making excuses.

People did bad things. It's perfectly alright to say they're wrong and that anyone that inspired their acts and/or urged them on shares the blame.
Any potential evidence was never adjudicated in court. The election investigations were not transparent and unfortunately we'll never truly know one way or the other.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am

Minnesota Democrats were not defending the violence. I see a lot of people on the right defending the "Partiots" from January 6th, by saying, what about BLM.
Are you referring to those that are saying that if this were BLM, then the entire National Guard would've been there and the death count would've been higher?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

My comparisons of the MAGAt riots to the BLM/AnTiFa riots is not to defend or make excuses for the MAGAt riots but to argue that they're all bad and that the response from our politicians and law enforcement should be consistent.

I agree that many Trump supporters have bought into a false narrative. But their feelings/anger toward the government are real and should not be dismissed simply because of the actions of the few that stormed the Capital just like the feelings/anger of people of color should not be dismissed.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:57 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am It's true. Republicans on here have rationalized and made excuses for a violent protest and have spent pages comparing it to BLM/Antifa.

My comparisons of the MAGAt riots to the BLM/AnTiFa riots is not to defend or make excuses for the MAGAt riots but to argue that they're all bad and that the response from our politicians and law enforcement should be consistent.

I agree that many Trump supporters have bought into a false narrative. But their feelings/anger toward the government are real and should not be dismissed simply because of the actions of the few that stormed the Capital just like the feelings/anger of people of color should not be dismissed.
Spot on. The double standard held towards political violence is a very dangerous thing.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am It's true. Republicans on here have rationalized and made excuses for a violent protest and have spent pages comparing it to BLM/Antifa.

Any potential evidence was never adjudicated in court. The election investigations were not transparent and unfortunately we'll never truly know one way or the other.
Honest question - would it be more believable if Biden hadn't flipped Arizona and Georgia?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:00 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am

Honest question - would it be more believable if Biden hadn't flipped Arizona and Georgia?
Wouldn't change a thing, at least for me.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:00 pm

Spot on. The double standard held towards political violence is a very dangerous thing.
:clap: :clap:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

As the resident purveyor of post partisanship on CS.com I approve of this post.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:04 pm

I think we can call it a day then.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:13 pm

:lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:54 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am
Are you referring to those that are saying that if this were BLM, then the entire National Guard would've been there and the death count would've been higher?
:suspicious: You guys are tiresome on this issue.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Let's hit the bar, Kalm's buying and he's our designated driver! Win/win! :party:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Let's hit the bar, Kalm's buying and he's our designated driver! Win/win! :party:
I’m in! I’ll expense it to my kalmunist party account.

:)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:47 am
I don't think that's accurate. FAR fewer Republicans have made excuses IMO. Seems like 90% are condemning the violence in DC. Over the summer a vast majority of Dems were making excuses.
Condemning is not the same as making excuses.

For example, it’s easy to say 90% of Democrats condemned last summer’s violence and looting....while agreeing with the need for peaceful protests.

I agree with Ibanez on the script flipping just not your numbers based on what I’ve seen and read.
And its just as easy to say that's BS. There sure as hell weren't 90%, or even 50%, condemning the defacing & tearing down of monuments & statues, which is a form of violence.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 am
All that is showing is the little blue bird symbol. :?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am
That's where we disagree. I see about 10% of R's defending it. Fox News isn't defending it, but CNN, MSNBC, etc... most definitely defended or ignored the violence in the summer. Are R politicians defending it? D's sure did in the summer.
Except for the Somalian, and the rest of the AOC half of the democrat party..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:54 am

:suspicious: You guys are tiresome on this issue.
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: I agree.

I want to sous vide something. What are you thinking? I need to check out the farmers market - a buddy of mine says there's a butcher there that gives good deals when you buy in "bulk."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Except for the Somalian, and the rest of the AOC half of the democrat party..
Here's something you and I can agree on - The Squad and the "progressives" of the Democrat Party are bat-shit crazy. I can't stand AOChe and her ilk.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In your opinion. According to the below poll, 70% of conks, 30% of independents, and 2% of donks believe otherwise.
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-de ... aseID=3685
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 pm

In your opinion. 70% of conks, 30% of independents, and 2% of donks believe otherwise.
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-de ... aseID=3685
70% of Republicans believe otherwise? Really, you don't say. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: Is it perhaps they're being fed the lies and misinformation?