Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

Proud Boys join the Oath Keepers in the seditious conspiracy prosecution.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... 3lsnqcrwue
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Aww. I remember when Gannon thought I was an idiot for thinking this sounded like sedition could be a possibility.

Proud Boys and Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy. Already some guilty pleas as well. :clap:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:30 pm Aww. I remember when Gannon thought I was an idiot for thinking this sounded like sedition could be a possibility.

Proud Boys and Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy. Already some guilty pleas as well. :clap:
No, I think you were an idiot for believing that the Russians put Trump in the White House and were pulling all the strings. Still do. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:10 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:30 pm Aww. I remember when Gannon thought I was an idiot for thinking this sounded like sedition could be a possibility.

No, I think you were an idiot for believing that the Russians put Trump in the White House and were pulling all the strings. Still do. :rofl:
I think I remember you downplaying the seriousness of 1/6 and sedition accusations as well.

Trump will likely evade prosecution for 1/6. Will that mean he had nothing to do with it in your book?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:10 am

I think I remember you downplaying the seriousness of 1/6 and sedition accusations as well.

Trump will likely evade prosecution for 1/6. Will that mean he had nothing to do with it in your book?
I downplayed the chance of any sedition, if proved, of having anything close to a chance of succeeding, and I still hold to that. There was literally zero chance that 1/6 could've resulted in the election being overturned and Trump remaining in power. Democracy was never on the precipice. Did people engage in seditious conduct? Absolutely. But even coming in the vicinity of toppling the government? Not even close.

I'm pretty sure I've never defended Trump on this site, or any other, and I've never seriously considered, nor will ever, selecting his name on a ballot. Of course he bears some responsibility and I was and still feel that impeachment of him after 1/6 was perfectly warranted (I thought the first impeachment was just a fishing expedition and it likely made the second impeachment, which was infinitely more serious, less likely to succeed - that's the price to pay when you play political games with impeachment). He's a reckless and narcissistic person who will say anything to bully his opinion forward. I don't really have a book on him, nor do I care to. But unfortunately, he's the product of our political culture at this time and we all share some blame in elevating people of his ilk to positions of power.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It doesn't have to be likely to result in the toppling of the US government for it to be sedition.

by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States,
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

They did plan to prevent, hinder, and delay the certification of the electoral votes by force. They were successful in hindering and delaying the certification. That they were unsuccessful at preventing the certification doesn't really matter. That it didn't result in the toppling of the US government also doesn't matter.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 am It doesn't have to be likely to result in the toppling of the US government for it to be sedition.

by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States,

They did plan to prevent, hinder, and delay the certification of the electoral votes by force. They were successful in hindering and delaying the certification. That they were unsuccessful at preventing the certification doesn't really matter. That it didn't result in the toppling of the US government also doesn't matter.
Ganny has acknowledged that repeatedly ...
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am Did people engage in seditious conduct? Absolutely.
It's the pearl-clutching over how close the republic was to being toppled that reasonable people find humorous.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

and was anyone on here doing that?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 am and was anyone on here doing that?
:grizo2:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:51 pm Proud Boys join the Oath Keepers in the seditious conspiracy prosecution.

After a yr and a half, the Biden DOJ waits until rigbt before the donks prime time 1/6 hearings charade to announce the charges. Yeah, no coincidence there..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:40 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:51 pm Proud Boys join the Oath Keepers in the seditious conspiracy prosecution.

After a yr and a half, the Biden DOJ waits until rigbt before the donks prime time 1/6 hearings charade to announce the charges. Yeah, no coincidence there..
Are you watching the hearings?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:42 pm
No, I did not watch the all donk political charade..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm

Then you should probably sit these type of discussions out.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 am It doesn't have to be likely to result in the toppling of the US government for it to be sedition.

Ganny has acknowledged that repeatedly ...
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am Did people engage in seditious conduct? Absolutely.
It's the pearl-clutching over how close the republic was to being toppled that reasonable people find humorous.
Yet you yourself have used the term “insurrection” here. Can’t have it both ways.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm

So you'll be bidniz as usual full-of-shit-as-a-xmas-turkey?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

They going to finally release the security tapes, or nah?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:31 pm

They going to finally release the security tapes, or nah?
which security tapes, theres hundreds?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/trump-and ... e-instead/

It wasn’t, of course. It was a national shame. One that neither Democrats nor Trump can stop obsessing over. It’s time for Republicans to move on.

NY Post nails it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 am

I downplayed the chance of any sedition, if proved, of having anything close to a chance of succeeding, and I still hold to that. There was literally zero chance that 1/6 could've resulted in the election being overturned and Trump remaining in power. Democracy was never on the precipice. Did people engage in seditious conduct? Absolutely. But even coming in the vicinity of toppling the government? Not even close.

I'm pretty sure I've never defended Trump on this site, or any other, and I've never seriously considered, nor will ever, selecting his name on a ballot. Of course he bears some responsibility and I was and still feel that impeachment of him after 1/6 was perfectly warranted (I thought the first impeachment was just a fishing expedition and it likely made the second impeachment, which was infinitely more serious, less likely to succeed - that's the price to pay when you play political games with impeachment). He's a reckless and narcissistic person who will say anything to bully his opinion forward. I don't really have a book on him, nor do I care to. But unfortunately, he's the product of our political culture at this time and we all share some blame in elevating people of his ilk to positions of power.
That's all good and all but the question was: if he evades impeachment will that mean he had nothing to do with it in your book? Its a simple question.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:31 pm They going to finally release the security tapes, or nah?
which security tapes, theres hundreds?
The ones showing it was the feds leading on January 6. They're stored next to the Zapruder film's missing frames.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/trump-and ... e-instead/

It wasn’t, of course. It was a national shame. One that neither Democrats nor Trump can stop obsessing over. It’s time for Republicans to move on.

NY Post nails it

The failed it in the first paragraph.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/trump-and ... e-instead/

NY Post nails it

The Commission is what it was described as in the first paragraph. It is also more than what was described.

The piece pretty much nails it after that paragraph.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:12 am
kalm wrote:
The Commission is what it was described as in the first paragraph. It is also more than what was described.

The piece pretty much nails it after that paragraph.

What?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Well don't you think that Durham is also just waiting for the right moment politically to release his tsunami of subpoenas?

Isn't that how politics works? :?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:11 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am

That's all good and all but the question was: if he evades impeachment will that mean he had nothing to do with it in your book? Its a simple question.
Your reading comprehension must be severely lacking. Read my post again, it's not really that hard to understand. Simple even. :coffee: