Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:19 pm
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:36 pm
Ganny... we all know that the QAnon Shaman was just a heartbeat away from gaveling in 4 more years of Trump

all he needed was Nancy’s Giant Gavel of Power but they couldnt find it in her desk

it was so close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever see any video on that guy? I watched one where he was interviewed and he talked all new age stuff and he was going to ward off bad spirits. :lol:

Surprising to hear him talked that way, for if I didn't know who he was, would have assumed he was Kalm's cousin.
In that group he's an intellectual titan - it won't be easy for them to replace him
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am
andy7171 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think he even got the irony in what he said. He is turning into JSO. :rofl:
148 congressman voted against certification. It was a (thankfully feeble and failed) attempt to overturn the results but its implications go far beyond just ya’ll queda get noisy after a few Budweiser’s.

I do know that I at least get your attention and to think beyond your comfortable hyper-centrism when I get a JSO length reply and a ROFL.

:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:37 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am

I’m quite sure that is a popular opinion. I just see a difference between civil unrest and direct threats to democracy.
I'm quite sure this is a partisan opinion. Are you only post-partisan when it's convenient?
Yep! Me and Liz Cheney.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:47 am

Huh? Maybe 9/11? 3,000 people died in a horrible terrorist attack, live on TV, we saw two buildings full of people collapse, so we actually saw the moment those poor souls perished, and you're not sure if that was darker than what happened on January 6th? Come on, even for a message board that's ridiculous.

While the Jan 6th thing was horrible and deplorable, there was never any chance, basically zero chance, that it was ever going to rise to the level of a coup or a seizing of permanent power. It was an ugly mob that was coaxed on by weeks (and months) of hateful rhetoric from Trump and his supporters, but also in a political environment where hateful rhetoric had sadly become the only rhetoric from the majority of politicians. It was the worse of us as a nation. But darker than anything in your lifetime? Again, there was no chance this was going to end the United States as a country. Several hundred yahoos physically assaulting police officers is never good, but the nation's military wasn't involved nor onboard, two and half branches of government (Pence is the half) weren't on board, and the vast majority of the country (Democrats and the majority of Republicans) weren't on board. To call this thing a coup d'etat stretches the imagination.
We were having a 9/11 daily in January so the loss of life is sadly no longer an argument.

The geo politics and existential threat to democracy places 9/11 on the map for sure. But the long term implications and our reaction to it are still being felt.

I hope Jan 6th was a flash in the pan with far fewer long term implications but the jury is still out.

Like I asked on that day...what happens if the mob catches up to Pelosi, or AOC or Romney, or Pence?

Downplaying the significance of 1/6 is an emotional response as well.
We had close to three 9/11s a day in 2019, and 2020, and now, and will next year, and so on, with close to 8k people dying every day. Its called having a country of 331+ million, with close to 3 million dying every ywar.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Huh? Maybe 9/11? 3,000 people died in a horrible terrorist attack, live on TV, we saw two buildings full of people collapse, so we actually saw the moment those poor souls perished, and you're not sure if that was darker than what happened on January 6th? Come on, even for a message board that's ridiculous.

While the Jan 6th thing was horrible and deplorable, there was never any chance, basically zero chance, that it was ever going to rise to the level of a coup or a seizing of permanent power. It was an ugly mob that was coaxed on by weeks (and months) of hateful rhetoric from Trump and his supporters, but also in a political environment where hateful rhetoric had sadly become the only rhetoric from the majority of politicians. It was the worse of us as a nation. But darker than anything in your lifetime? Again, there was no chance this was going to end the United States as a country. Several hundred yahoos physically assaulting police officers is never good, but the nation's military wasn't involved nor onboard, two and half branches of government (Pence is the half) weren't on board, and the vast majority of the country (Democrats and the majority of Republicans) weren't on board. To call this thing a coup d'etat stretches the imagination.
We were having a 9/11 daily in January so the loss of life is sadly no longer an argument.

The geo politics and existential threat to democracy places 9/11 on the map for sure. But the long term implications and our reaction to it are still being felt.

I hope Jan 6th was a flash in the pan with far fewer long term implications but the jury is still out.

Like I asked on that day...what happens if the mob catches up to Pelosi, or AOC or Romney, or Pence?

We had close to three 9/11s a day for the last several years, and last year, and this year, and will next year, and so on, with close to 8k people dying every day. Its called having a country of 331+ million, with around 3 million dying every ywar.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:33 pm

We had close to three 9/11s a day in 2019, and 2020, and now, and will next year, and so on, with close to 8k people dying every day. Its called having a country of 331+ million, with close to 3 million dying every ywar.
Thank you for making my point.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:34 pm

We had close to three 9/11s a day for the last several years, and last year, and this year, and will next year, and so on, with close to 8k people dying every day. Its called having a country of 331+ million, with around 3 million dying every ywar.
Thank you for making my point. :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:34 pm
You replying the 1st time without a :dunce:, and the 2nd time writing the exact same thing, but with a :dunce: Talk about :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am

You replying the 1st time without a :dunce:, and the 2nd time writing the exact same thing, but with a :dunce: Talk about :dunce:
:lol:

You’re so awesome! :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

I don't think he even got the irony in what he said. He is turning into JSO. :rofl:
148 congressman voted against certification. It was a (thankfully feeble and failed) attempt to overturn the results but its implications go far beyond just ya’ll queda get noisy after a few Budweiser’s.

I do know that I at least get your attention and to think beyond your comfortable hyper-centrism when I get a JSO length reply and a ROFL.

Ok....
Donks have voted against certification in every presidential election that Conks have won since 2000. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go back and search to see if you were this outraged back when the Donks "attempt[ed] to overturn" the 2016 results. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:23 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm

Ok....
Donks have voted against certification in every presidential election that Conks have won since 2000. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go back and search to see if you were this outraged back when the Donks "attempt[ed] to overturn" the 2016 results. :lol:
Knock yourself out. I’m quite certain it was the same situation. Did they wear flack jackets while attending an outgoing president’s rally on the same day like Mo Brooks did this year?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 amI don't know Pelosi's duties in regards to Capitol police. She obviously doesn't have control of day to day functions but believe her and Schumer wield power over them.
She only has influence. Something she shares with her counterpart in the Senate.
Ms. Pelosi has considerable influence as the speaker, but she is not responsible for the security of Congress. That is the job of the Capitol Police, an agency Ms. Pelosi only indirectly influences. Most decisions about securing the Capitol are made by the Capitol Police Board, a body that consists of the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms and the Architect of the Capitol.

Ms. Pelosi shares control of the Capitol with the Senate majority leader, who at the time was Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky. Republicans have made no attempt to blame Mr. McConnell for the security breach or for failing to prepare for attack.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/27/us/i ... check.html
She has a lot more than influence over the Cap Police when she can order the Capitol Police to arrest fellow members of Congress, staff, and visitors who aren’t wearing masks.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:34 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:23 pm
Ok....
Knock yourself out. I’m quite certain it was the same situation. Did they wear flack jackets while attending an outgoing president’s rally on the same day like Mo Brooks did this year?
Who?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Who?
Of course.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm not even going to provide a bunch of links because if you were paying attention you've seen the information. So now we know that Trump told Justice Department staff to say the election was corrupt even though they had told him that they had investigated the allegations he brought up and didn't see any evidence to support them. In other words, he was telling Justice Department staff to just make up something up. Just lie.

That is completely corrupt. The guy belongs in prison. He really does. I don't see how anybody can continue to make excuses for supporting the idea of him being President. I know people will. But I don't see how they can.

To me, it's one more episode among many that vindicates what I was saying back when he was running against Clinton and people were supporting him based on thinking Clinton is corrupt. I said Trump is WAY more corrupt than Clinton is. And numerous subsequent events have validated that asssertion. This is just one more.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Hyperbole is standard fare for politicians these days. Thankfully this wasn't the insurrection that Dems have made it out to be - with that many people, if they brought weapons with them and used them, it could've been disastrous. Luckily it was a mob without any real conviction. Heck, the 5 Puerto Rican nationalists who shot up the House of Representatives in the '50's was more of a violent assault, and actually injured lawmakers in the actual chamber no less.
:nod: They are desperately trying to make this more than it was. Is there a "defense" in this made for TV show? I mean will they call any Capitol Police that thought it wasn't a big deal? And the national network news is lapping it up. :coffee:
So now we are supposed to care what cops say? :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am

It was a tremendously dark day. I have trouble coming up one other than maybe 9/11 that was darker in my lifetime.

It's the weak narrative that it is.

If Jan 6 was so awful, why is the gubmint not releasing the Capitol vids on a loop and instead having those cops testify as to what happened?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:37 am

I'm quite sure this is a partisan opinion. Are you only post-partisan when it's convenient?
Yep! Me and Liz Cheney.
And Adam Kinzinger too. I might just switch parties to vote for him in his primary. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 pm

:nod: They are desperately trying to make this more than it was. Is there a "defense" in this made for TV show? I mean will they call any Capitol Police that thought it wasn't a big deal? And the national network news is lapping it up. :coffee:
So now we are supposed to care what cops say? :lol:
my my my.....is somebody getting soft on backing the blue? :rofl:

How many times do you think a white supremicists in the crowd of poser cunts struck a fellow traveler in the Capitol Police?

Doesn't anybody else see the humor in white supremicists beating the fuck out of each other while the cunts in Congress sniveled through their active shooter drill under their desks?

I swear this place has lost is mojo.. :ohno:
Last edited by houndawg on Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:18 am

You also don't let people on the committee who you know will do anything to derail it.

If the GOP were smart, they would've chosen less divisive people. But they aren't that smart. They're playing stupid politics, per usual. You don't put a no talent ass clown like Jim Jordan on a committee like this.
BS. You’d just rather see them have Pelosi pawns like Cheyney and Kinzinger who will allow the donks to make this a complete one sided partisan clown show,

And the donks haven’t loaded the committee with ‘no talent ass clowns‘ from the left like Schiff? :dunce:
We were talking about the GOP bitching and moaning about their representation - not the Dems. While I agree with you all on Schiff - I think you're just being hyperbolic with the "pelosi pawns". Just because they have a difference of opinion or side with the Democrats on this issue, doesn't mean they're wrong ( or pawns).

If that's the litmus test for a "pawn", then the new Supreme Court justices are liberal pawns for siding with the liberal judges. Any Republicans that signs a bi-partisan bill is a "pawn."
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm
She only has influence. Something she shares with her counterpart in the Senate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/27/us/i ... check.html
She has a lot more than influence over the Cap Police when she can order the Capitol Police to arrest fellow members of Congress, staff, and visitors who aren’t wearing masks.
You know who else has a lot of influence and could've prevented the entire situation and/or quickly de-escalated it? Trump.

Instead, he cowered in the WH like a pussy resisting calls to quell the violence. Some law and order Republican.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:36 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm
You know who else has a lot of influence and could've prevented the entire situation and/or quickly de-escalated it? Trump.

Instead, he cowered in the WH like a pussy resisting calls to quell the violence. Some law and order Republican.
Funny how they didn't rush him to the bunker with danger that near, like they did when the lefties were in the 'hood. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 am
BS. You’d just rather see them have Pelosi pawns like Cheyney and Kinzinger who will allow the donks to make this a complete one sided partisan clown show,

And the donks haven’t loaded the committee with ‘no talent ass clowns‘ from the left like Schiff? :dunce:
We were talking about the GOP bitching and moaning about their representation - not the Dems. While I agree with you all on Schiff - I think you're just being hyperbolic with the "pelosi pawns". Just because they have a difference of opinion or side with the Democrats on this issue, doesn't mean they're wrong ( or pawns).

If that's the litmus test for a "pawn", then the new Supreme Court justices are liberal pawns for siding with the liberal judges. Any Republicans that signs a bi-partisan bill is a "pawn."
Its obvious you can’t see that this Jan 6 democrat hearing is a 100% political, 100% useless charade..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:42 am

Its obvious you can’t see that this Jan 6 democrat hearing is a 100% political, 100% useless charade..
Whoa there! Wait a minute!!!

You’re trying to tell us a congressional hearing run by politicians is political?

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:42 am

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Of course it's political - unlike you I don't have allegiance to any political ideology so I don't get my panties in a bunch over it.

And let's not pretend the countless Benghazi hearings weren't political. At this stage in our country, neither party has any claim to the high ground. It's tit for tat here on out.