Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am
I agree, but was it a "dark day"? Power was transferred. It lasted a couple hours. One person that wasn't an "insurgent" died (Sicknick).
It was a tremendously dark day. I have trouble coming up one other than maybe 9/11 that was darker in my lifetime.
Huh? Maybe 9/11? 3,000 people died in a horrible terrorist attack, live on TV, we saw two buildings full of people collapse, so we actually saw the moment those poor souls perished, and you're not sure if that was darker than what happened on January 6th? Come on, even for a message board that's ridiculous.

While the Jan 6th thing was horrible and deplorable, there was never any chance, basically zero chance, that it was ever going to rise to the level of a coup or a seizing of permanent power. It was an ugly mob that was coaxed on by weeks (and months) of hateful rhetoric from Trump and his supporters, but also in a political environment where hateful rhetoric had sadly become the only rhetoric from the majority of politicians. It was the worse of us as a nation. But darker than anything in your lifetime? Again, there was no chance this was going to end the United States as a country. Several hundred yahoos physically assaulting police officers is never good, but the nation's military wasn't involved nor onboard, two and half branches of government (Pence is the half) weren't on board, and the vast majority of the country (Democrats and the majority of Republicans) weren't on board. To call this thing a coup d'etat stretches the imagination.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 am

It was a tremendously dark day. I have trouble coming up one other than maybe 9/11 that was darker in my lifetime.
:suspicious:

You trollin'???
It can't be anything other. That's JSO level thinking otherwise. Although he is a big JSO fan so maybe it's just a descent into that quagmire of thinking.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:28 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 am

I'm sorry it was so difficult for you.
Thank you.

I’m sorry you don’t recognize it’s significance. :thumb:
Well, it lost it's "punch" after watching a whole year of BLM/Antifa go crazy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 am

I'm sorry it was so difficult for you.
Thank you.

That's OK. I don't lose sleep over it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:51 am

Thank you.

I’m sure you don’t. Neither do I.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:03 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:51 am

I’m sure you don’t. Neither do I.
So I guess it wasn't a very dark day.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:47 am

Huh? Maybe 9/11? 3,000 people died in a horrible terrorist attack, live on TV, we saw two buildings full of people collapse, so we actually saw the moment those poor souls perished, and you're not sure if that was darker than what happened on January 6th? Come on, even for a message board that's ridiculous.

While the Jan 6th thing was horrible and deplorable, there was never any chance, basically zero chance, that it was ever going to rise to the level of a coup or a seizing of permanent power. It was an ugly mob that was coaxed on by weeks (and months) of hateful rhetoric from Trump and his supporters, but also in a political environment where hateful rhetoric had sadly become the only rhetoric from the majority of politicians. It was the worse of us as a nation. But darker than anything in your lifetime? Again, there was no chance this was going to end the United States as a country. Several hundred yahoos physically assaulting police officers is never good, but the nation's military wasn't involved nor onboard, two and half branches of government (Pence is the half) weren't on board, and the vast majority of the country (Democrats and the majority of Republicans) weren't on board. To call this thing a coup d'etat stretches the imagination.
We were having a 9/11 daily in January so the loss of life is sadly no longer an argument.

The geo politics and existential threat to democracy places 9/11 on the map for sure. But the long term implications and our reaction to it are still being felt.

I hope Jan 6th was a flash in the pan with far fewer long term implications but the jury is still out.

Like I asked on that day...what happens if the mob catches up to Pelosi, or AOC or Romney, or Pence?

Downplaying the significance of 1/6 is an emotional response as well.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Oklahoma City???? Beirut???? Khobar Towers????, M19CO bombing in 1983???
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am Downplaying the significance of 1/6 is an emotional response as well.
:|
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am
I agree, but was it a "dark day"? Power was transferred. It lasted a couple hours. One person that wasn't an "insurgent" died (Sicknick).
GtFO!

It didn't look good, but I wouldn't say it was any worse that what happened over the '20 summer. And certainly not over the CHOP autonomous zone BS.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 am

GtFO!

It didn't look good, but I wouldn't say it was any worse that what happened over the '20 summer. And certainly not over the CHOP autonomous zone BS.
I’m quite sure that is a popular opinion. I just see a difference between civil unrest and direct threats to democracy.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am

GtFO!

I’m quite sure that is a popular opinion. I just see a difference between civil unrest and direct threats to democracy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am

We were having a 9/11 daily in January so the loss of life is sadly no longer an argument.

The geo politics and existential threat to democracy places 9/11 on the map for sure. But the long term implications and our reaction to it are still being felt.

I hope Jan 6th was a flash in the pan with far fewer long term implications but the jury is still out.

Like I asked on that day...what happens if the mob catches up to Pelosi, or AOC or Romney, or Pence?

The loss of life this is still an issue - sure, COVID, a disease, was causing a terrible amount of deaths, but the 3k folks who died on 9/11 died because 20 guys decided they wanted to kill those 3k people. I get it that it's vogue in the COVID era to shock people with the "every day is a 9/11", but it does a disservice to the understanding of those separate events when people do that. But it generates clicks so that's what matters.

And like you said, we're still feeling the impacts of 9/11, going on 20 years later. That speaks to the magnitude of it.

As for Jan 6th, we'll never know what would've happened had the mob caught up to politicians. I'm glad they didn't, but I'm also not going to just assume the worst either.

As for going forward, again, where's the evidence that we are anywhere near a coup d'etat, which is what the worst outcome of an insurrection would be? The Jan 6th mob forgot to bring a large cache of weapons, and basically milled about the capitol once they got in. And then they left. Like I said, a mob with very little conviction. If you're going to topple democracy of a country of 350 million people, you're going to need a little more conviction than a violent mob of several hundred people for a few hours. What they did was horrible and they should get jail time in many cases, and in some cases extensive jail time. But democracy was never in danger that day.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think he even got the irony in what he said. He is turning into JSO. :rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Direct threat.

You serious Clark?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GtFO!

I'm quite sure this is a partisan opinion. Are you only post-partisan when it's convenient?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:05 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am

The loss of life this is still an issue - sure, COVID, a disease, was causing a terrible amount of deaths, but the 3k folks who died on 9/11 died because 20 guys decided they wanted to kill those 3k people. I get it that it's vogue in the COVID era to shock people with the "every day is a 9/11", but it does a disservice to the understanding of those separate events when people do that. But it generates clicks so that's what matters.

And like you said, we're still feeling the impacts of 9/11, going on 20 years later. That speaks to the magnitude of it.

As for Jan 6th, we'll never know what would've happened had the mob caught up to politicians. I'm glad they didn't, but I'm also not going to just assume the worst either.

As for going forward, again, where's the evidence that we are anywhere near a coup d'etat, which is what the worst outcome of an insurrection would be? The Jan 6th mob forgot to bring a large cache of weapons, and basically milled about the capitol once they got in. And then they left. Like I said, a mob with very little conviction. If you're going to topple democracy of a country of 350 million people, you're going to need a little more conviction than a violent mob of several hundred people for a few hours. What they did was horrible and they should get jail time in many cases, and in some cases extensive jail time. But democracy was never in danger that day.
I'm glad that what passes for leadership in this nation had a chance to experience what the kids at Parkland must have felt :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:05 am

I'm glad that what passes for leadership in this nation had a chance to experience what the kids at Parkland must have felt :coffee:
:lol: Drama queen. Yeah, because they arrested hundreds of armed protestors.

They should have let them into their offices like when they were protesting Justice Kavanaugh for running a secret woman enslavement/prostitution ring.

Can't you just see Kavanaugh busting heads when he needed to protect his ring?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 am

Fact check. :rofl: Might as well use StOnge as your fact checker.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/trump-offer ... 90294.html
You say that and then give the epochtimes? C'mon man...talk about bias. Jesus. Next you're going to tell me strippers love you. :lol:
Someone is hiring! Looking at you bro. :lol: And Ted Cruz to boot. I went the extra mile for you.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:47 pm

They should have let them into their offices like when they were protesting Justice Kavanaugh for running a secret woman enslavement/prostitution ring.

Didn't they chase down and corner that Flake guy in the elevator in the Senate office building? Again, lucky folks like them and the Jan 6th people weren't really armed.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:54 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 am
You say that and then give the epochtimes? C'mon man...talk about bias. Jesus. Next you're going to tell me strippers love you. :lol:
Someone is hiring! Looking at you bro. :lol: And Ted Cruz to boot. I went the extra mile for you.

JSO is updating his resume! :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

2020 General Election

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

Ganny... we all know that the QAnon Shaman was just a heartbeat away from gaveling in 4 more years of Trump

all he needed was Nancy’s Giant Gavel of Power but they couldnt find it in her desk

it was so close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Yeah, I bet he's tougher than a gum stump :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:09 pm

Didn't they chase down and corner that Flake guy in the elevator in the Senate office building? Again, lucky folks like them and the Jan 6th people weren't really armed.
Because they're poseur cunts. They had their chance and it was theirs for the taking if they'd of had any balls. The cops won't be fooled again by them being white and having lots of cops among their members. The "patriots" choked. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:36 pm
GannonFan wrote:

Ganny... we all know that the QAnon Shaman was just a heartbeat away from gaveling in 4 more years of Trump

all he needed was Nancy’s Giant Gavel of Power but they couldnt find it in her desk

it was so close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever see any video on that guy? I watched one where he was interviewed and he talked all new age stuff and he was going to ward off bad spirits. :lol:

Surprising to hear him talked that way, for if I didn't know who he was, would have assumed he was Kalm's cousin.