UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:00 am
Another thing that gets lost in this are the benefits of Trump breaking from political tradition. If Clinton had won, would the government look at China as a long-term rival or would they have continued the policy of appeasement? My guess is that they would have done whatever made the Clintons and their friends' money and the short-term money is in appeasement.
Fair point but it’s not as if Trump wasn’t working angles too.
Trump was definitely working angles but he's a buffoon who also wanted to be adored by the MAGAts so his angles were easy to see. Clinton cared about raw power over popularity so her angles were much more covert and the cancer she spread would have been harder to spot and remove.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:45 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 am

Fair point but it’s not as if Trump wasn’t working angles too.
Trump was definitely working angles but he's a buffoon who also wanted to be adored by the MAGAts so his angles were easy to see. Clinton cared about raw power over popularity so her angles were much more covert and the cancer she spread would have been harder to spot and remove.
Kalmie likes that - well oiled, really slick performing corruption. It's something to aspire to apparently. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am

Kalmie likes that - well oiled, really slick performing corruption. It's something to aspire to apparently. :rofl:
Have fun at your next Occupy Phillie rally! 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am
It's also easier to pretend it doesn't exist so that progtards can push the government is the solution angle.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Hillary Clinton is not as corrupt as Trump is. And it's not close.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm I have my head so far up my ass that I'm being teabagged by my tonsils.
Interesting ... ;)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm Hillary Clinton is not as corrupt as Trump is. And it's not close.
You really think with ALL the people who hated Trump and had access to his whole life, they were unable to find dirt on Trump? Trump is squeaky clean.

What do you think? Trump sitting on the shitter while filling out Turbo Tax and screwing the government over? :ohno:

Don't be bitter he used lawyers and accountants to handle his money legally.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Except, of course, for his lawyer who was convicted of crimes for handling his money for him illegally on his orders. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 pm

Wrong again, dumbass. About 400k of the 2.02M signatures verified were invalidated. 2.16M signatures were received. I thought you were good at math?

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/recall ... eatlie.pdf
When I am wrong I am wrong. And I am wrong on that particular point. Doesn't change the fact that we are talking about two completely different things when we are talking about signatures on mail ballots and signatures on a petition.

There was no massive fraud. There was no significant problem with mail ballots.There is not a single credible source suggesting that there was a problem.
Glad we agree that the signature verification was more stringent on the recall effort than the mail in ballots here in CA. Thanks for playing. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

klammy and JSO defending hillary is just :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm klammy and JSO defending hillary is just :rofl:
:?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I'm going to hold off and wait for a little more information on this one.

Still haven't been able to find an informative article on the routers. Maricopa County first said they couldn't provide the routers because it would expose sensitive law enforcement data, but now they apparently have changed their story and they don't have the passwords. Who has the passwords?

Most secure election ever! :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm I'm going to hold off and wait for a little more information on this one.

Still haven't been able to find an informative article on the routers. Maricopa County first said they couldn't provide the routers because it would expose sensitive law enforcement data, but now they apparently have changed their story and they don't have the passwords. Who has the passwords?

Wonder what they are hiding. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm I'm going to hold off and wait for a little more information on this one.

Darn! Won’t find out until after the graduation break but routergate sounds legit! :rofl:

Senate Republicans are threatening to issue another subpoena as soon as Monday demanding passwords for voting machines and internet routers. County officials are balking, saying that they’ve turned over all passwords they have and that giving up routers would jeopardize a wide variety of sensitive data, from health records to confidential and classified information at the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff Paul Penzone, a Democrat, called the demand “mind-numbingly reckless and irresponsible.”
https://apnews.com/article/arizona-elec ... bbad601587
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:16 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 pm

Darn! Won’t find out until after the graduation break but routergate sounds legit! :rofl:

Senate Republicans are threatening to issue another subpoena as soon as Monday demanding passwords for voting machines and internet routers. County officials are balking, saying that they’ve turned over all passwords they have and that giving up routers would jeopardize a wide variety of sensitive data, from health records to confidential and classified information at the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff Paul Penzone, a Democrat, called the demand “mind-numbingly reckless and irresponsible.”
That's why I said I was going to wait. On the flip side, the audit has asked why would sensitive law enforcement data be on the routers, as well as saying they are perfectly fine inspecting the routers on location AND with law enforcement officials present.

Typical story. Claims from both sides and no way to tell what is true at this point.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:34 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:16 am

That's why I said I was going to wait. On the flip side, the audit has asked why would sensitive law enforcement data be on the routers, as well as saying they are perfectly fine inspecting the routers on location AND with law enforcement officials present.

Typical story. Claims from both sides and no way to tell what is true at this point.
If the Audit thinks they're going to get data from a router, then thy are in for a surprise since routers only hold information about your computer and even then, it's minimal information to make sure you can connect to the internet. But it doesn't store data about network traffic, health records, etc... that isn't its purpose. It's job to connect a machine to the internet. It's a dispatcher. :suspicious:

I'm betting they meant hard drives or servers.

Still, counters are being paid $15 an hour to scrutinize each ballot, examining folds and taking close-up photos looking for machine-marked ballots and bamboo fibers in the paper. The reason appears to be to test a conspiracy theory that a plane from South Korea delivered counterfeit ballots to the Phoenix airport shortly after the election.

When the recount started, the ballots were viewed under ultraviolet light to check for watermarks. A theory popular with QAnon followers is that Trump secretly watermarked mail ballots to catch cheating.

There are no watermarks on ballots in Maricopa County. The effort has since been abandoned.

Despite their obvious partisan biases, the auditors insist they can be trusted because they’re running an independent and transparent operation. Yet they’re recruiting from right-wing groups. They tried to block media access. They fought in court to not disclose written procedures they’re using to count votes and keep ballots secure. They lost.
:rofl: :rofl: This "audit" is a joke.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:34 am

If the Audit thinks they're going to get data from a router, then thy are in for a surprise since routers only hold information about your computer and even then, it's minimal information to make sure you can connect to the internet. But it doesn't store data about network traffic, health records, etc... that isn't its purpose. It's job to connect a machine to the internet. It's a dispatcher. :suspicious:

Still, counters are being paid $15 an hour to scrutinize each ballot, examining folds and taking close-up photos looking for machine-marked ballots and bamboo fibers in the paper. The reason appears to be to test a conspiracy theory that a plane from South Korea delivered counterfeit ballots to the Phoenix airport shortly after the election.

When the recount started, the ballots were viewed under ultraviolet light to check for watermarks. A theory popular with QAnon followers is that Trump secretly watermarked mail ballots to catch cheating.

There are no watermarks on ballots in Maricopa County. The effort has since been abandoned.

Despite their obvious partisan biases, the auditors insist they can be trusted because they’re running an independent and transparent operation. Yet they’re recruiting from right-wing groups. They tried to block media access. They fought in court to not disclose written procedures they’re using to count votes and keep ballots secure. They lost.
In regards to data on routers, that is what the Maricopa Election group is saying, so what does that tell you? They are the ones saying there is sensitive law enforcement data on them.

In regards to your claim about the audit being a joke, why would you be opposed to them checking crazy ideas? Seems the guy in charge of the audit can cross a lot of crazy ideas off the list by performing some of these tests, even if nuts.

As to recruiting from right wing groups, the AZ DNC has told all Democrats to NOT help with the audit.

By the way, your "news" source seems a little biased. :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:48 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 am

In regards to data on routers, that is what the Maricopa Election group is saying, so what does that tell you? They are the ones saying there is sensitive law enforcement data on them.

In regards to your claim about the audit being a joke, why would you be opposed to them checking crazy ideas? Seems the guy in charge of the audit can cross a lot of crazy ideas off the list by performing some of these tests, even if nuts.

As to recruiting from right wing groups, the AZ DNC has told all Democrats to NOT help with the audit.

1 - I know that was coming from Maricopa. Idiots.
2 - Why am I opposed to them wasting time on conpsiracy theories? B/c paper ballots have a chain of custody. If you suspect that chain of custody to be fraudulent, then you start there and not with millions of ballots. They're looking for a needle in a haystack.
3 - That's fine but don't have it funded by right wing, Trump supporters, have no publicized processes, and no independent auditors. We have outside companies audit us b/c that's how you ensure you get a fair shake. I mean, it's akin to having the Exxon audit and submit a report saying the Valdez Oil Spill had no impact on the environment. :lol:
4 - The AP is biased? I took that quote from the article above.
5 - Love you. :kisswink:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:12 am

2 - Why am I opposed to them wasting time on conpsiracy theories? B/c paper ballots have a chain of custody. If you suspect that chain of custody to be fraudulent, then you start there and not with millions of ballots. They're looking for a needle in a haystack.
3 - That's fine but don't have it funded by right wing, Trump supporters, have no publicized processes, and no independent auditors. We have outside companies audit us b/c that's how you ensure you get a fair shake. I mean, it's akin to having the Exxon audit and submit a report saying the Valdez Oil Spill had no impact on the environment. :lol:
As opposed to the mail in ballot drives and other voting efforts that was funded by left wing organizations during the election?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

2 - The chain of custody forms have not been turned over yet, even though they have been requested by subpoena. This has been brought to light along with quite a few other discrepancies. In regards to UV light, I had read they were looking for crease lines in the mail in ballots, so the whole bamboo thing was new to me.
3 - The AZ Republicans from my understanding are funding the audit. The funding source is very public.
4 - Yes, the AP is biased. Not as bad as Fox or CNN, but still biased.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:27 am

As opposed to the mail in ballot drives and other voting efforts that was funded by left wing organizations during the election?
You say that like I'm going to disagree. C'mon SD. I'm all for getting out the vote initiatives as long as Rs and Ds are operating under the same rules and laws.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:29 am

2 - The chain of custody forms have not been turned over yet, even though they have been requested by subpoena. This has been brought to light along with quite a few other discrepancies. In regards to UV light, I had read they were looking for crease lines in the mail in ballots, so the whole bamboo thing was new to me.
3 - The AZ Republicans from my understanding are funding the audit. The funding source is very public.
Arizona Taxpayers are also funding it.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

More 2020 voter fraud coming to light. This time in Colorado.
Spoiler: show
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Prosecutors have filed new charges against Barry Morphew, alleging the man accused of murdering his missing wife submitted a presidential ballot in her name.

Morphew was recently arrested on charges of murdering his wife, Suzanne, after she disappeared a year ago. She still has yet to be found.

Court documents show he now faces one felony count for allegedly forging public documents and a misdemeanor mail in ballot offense. Bond has been set at $1,000 but he’s being held without bail on the murder charges.

According to the arrest affidavit, investigators responded to the Chaffee County Clerk and Recorder’s Office after the clerk made a report of alleged voter fraud in October of 2020. The clerk told investigators that they’d received a presidential ballot from Suzanne even though she was missing.

The ballot didn’t contain Suzanne’s signature, but it did list Barry as the witness. The ballot was photographed and seized as a piece of evidence.

On April 22, Barry was asked by FBI agents why he submitted a ballot for Suzanne.

“Just because I wanted Trump to win…I know she (Suzanne) was going to vote for Trump anyways,” he told investigators. He also said he thought the “other guys'” were cheating so he would “give him (former president Trump) another vote.”
https://kdvr.com/news/local/more-charge ... er-arrest/

:rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:29 am

:lol: It's not looking good for your "audit" by a pro-Trump company.
Trump's statement amplified claims made by Arizona state Senate President Karen Fann in a letter last week that a screenshot offered evidence that election files had been deleted.
Maricopa County's Board of Supervisors -- four out of five of whom are Republicans -- met Monday to respond to Fann's allegations, with board members offering harsh condemnations of the GOP-led Senate.
Board Chairman Jack Sellers, a Republican, said the state Senate is running "a grift disguised as an audit."
"This board is done explaining anything to these people who are playing investigator with our constituents' ballots and equipment, paid for with real people's tax dollars. People's ballots and money are not make-believe," Sellers said. "It's time to be done with this craziness."
During the meeting, Richer repeated his response to Fann's claims.
"No files from the 2020 election have been deleted. We deleted zero -- zero files," he said.
The board voted unanimously to sign a letter detailing Richer's point-by-point responses to Fann's claims, and Sellers said they would not be participating further in the audit.
"I will not be responding to any more requests from this sham process," Sellers said. "Finish what you call an audit and be ready to defend your report in a court of law. We all look forward to it."
"I've never seen anything like it," said election technology expert Ryan Macias of the ballot review being led by Cyber Ninjas, hired by the state Senate. "They do not have auditing experience. They do not have election technology experience. The more that this (the ballots) moves in and out, the more likely the chain of custody will be broken and the less likely that the data is reliable."
Macias is an expert in election technology who is one of the pro bono observers brought in by the Arizona secretary of state's office to watch the Cyber Ninjas ballot count. He has been hired by both Republicans and Democrats to help safeguard dozens upon dozens of state and federal elections.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/17/politics ... index.html