Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 am

Eh, at least Biden was a decent thinker when he was younger, I never got the impression that McCain was all that intelligent even in his prime.
Every decent thought Biden had "when he was younger" was plagiarized. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Well, there's more than one reason why no one wanted Biden to be President the multiple times he ran for President back when he was in his prime. That was certainly one of the reasons.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:24 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am

Every decent thought Biden had "when he was younger" was plagiarized. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Well, there's more than one reason why no one wanted Biden to be President the multiple times he ran for President back when he was in his prime. That was certainly one of the reasons.
he's so used to it he literally reused his speech from the '08 convention a couple weeks ago! :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:28 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 am

Indeed, this bending over backwards to try to make Biden seem like a Rhodes Scholar is incredible. JSO and Trip are trying to actually convince themselves that Biden hasn't been impacted significantly by old age just because they are so repelled by Trump. I agree, they both suck and I'm actually angry that we're left with these two as the voting options for this year. We took 2016, felt challenged that 2016 was the worst pair of Presidential candidates ever, and we did everything possible to meet that challenge and have 2020 measure right up there with that one. Brutal.
I'm probably not voting for Biden (still undecided), but it's ridiculous to think he's going through a major mental decline. He sometimes thinks harder to find a thought - basically normal sh*t you see with old people - but the cognitive functions are all there. Even if we disagree with his ideas, he can elaborate on complex issues and dive deep into them.

Trump literally can't put thoughts together anymore, at least none that aren't his "go to" talking points.

I think - for whatever reason - it's you whose convinced themselves that Biden is going through some significant decline.
I've been told by my liberal friends that not voting for Biden is a vote for Trump. :coffee:

Any critical eye at either candidate can recognize mental deficiencies. Biden isn't struggling to find the words...he's struggling to stay on message, answer a question and be coherent. He's almost 80...it's ridiculous to NOT think he's going through mental decline. Same with Trump..he's old and has been in one of the most stressful jobs on the planet. The Presidency ages people. Combine that with his age, it's ridiculous to NOT think that whatever it's effect on Trump was, it wont be similar to someone that's already showing the same mental problems.

Plainly said - anyone that looks at Biden and DOESN'T think some is wrong with his mental capacity is either fooling themselves or just ignoring all evidence which supports it. or Both.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:35 am

Him and Trump are the same in that regard. They both are awful choices for POTUS.
Indeed, this bending over backwards to try to make Biden seem like a Rhodes Scholar is incredible. JSO and Trip are trying to actually convince themselves that Biden hasn't been impacted significantly by old age just because they are so repelled by Trump. I agree, they both suck and I'm actually angry that we're left with these two as the voting options for this year. We took 2016, felt challenged that 2016 was the worst pair of Presidential candidates ever, and we did everything possible to meet that challenge and have 2020 measure right up there with that one. Brutal.
2016 electorate: These candidates are the worst ever to have to choose from

2020 political parties: Here. Hold my beer.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am Plainly said - anyone that looks at Biden and DOESN'T think some is wrong with his mental capacity is either fooling themselves or just ignoring all evidence which supports it. or Both.
:roll:

Here's 90 minutes of a round table event from two days ago. It's boring, but he sounds pretty coherent and thoughtful:

He did say Iran instead of Iraq at some point though, so obviously it's dementia.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am Plainly said - anyone that looks at Biden and DOESN'T think some is wrong with his mental capacity is either fooling themselves or just ignoring all evidence which supports it. or Both.

Here's 90 minutes of a round table event from two days ago. Boring for sure, but sounds pretty coherent and thoughtful:

But he did say Iran instead of Iraq at some point, so obviously it's dementia.
Saying one thing when you mean another is common at any age. I'm not going to go video for video. There are plenty of videos out there of him sounding as confused and dis-jointed as Trump.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 am

Here's 90 minutes of a round table event from two days ago. It's boring, but he sounds pretty coherent and thoughtful:

He did say Iran instead of Iraq at some point though, so obviously it's dementia.
:lol: It's clear you didn't watch anything from him from 5+ years ago. We all lose a step, but he's lost a mile of steps.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 amSaying one thing when you mean another is common at any age. I'm not going to go video for video. There are plenty of videos out there of him sounding as confused and dis-jointed as Trump.
Sounds like you've made up your mind. Honestly, I was the same about Biden during the Democratic primary...he was clearly in mental decline based on the clips I saw. Then I started listening to him first-hand and even though I have a hard time agreeing with his policies, it's 100% clear he's not in some state of severe decline. Slower? Can't disagree. Some awful decline? That's stretching reality.

I'm also listening to Trump way more than I ever have and well...it's bad. He may legit have issues.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:49 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 amSaying one thing when you mean another is common at any age. I'm not going to go video for video. There are plenty of videos out there of him sounding as confused and dis-jointed as Trump.
Sounds like you've made up your mind. Honestly, I was the same about Biden during the Democratic primary...he was clearly in mental decline based on the clips I saw. Then I started listening to him first-hand and even though I have a hard time agreeing with his policies, it's 100% clear he's not in some state of severe decline. Slower? Can't disagree. Some awful decline? That's stretching reality.

I'm also listening to Trump way more than I ever have and well...it's bad. He may legit have issues.
:rofl:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 am

:rofl:
Well, it just seems like y'all are living in some sort of alternate reality. This'll be my last post on the subject: I can't deny he's old and age isn't creeping on him, however, that's such a ways away from accusing him of dementia or any substantial decline.

He's done enough live events now that he's definitely coherent, aware, thoughtful, and not at all suffering from diminished mental capacities. It's like dealing with most old people...they may be slower or less energetic, but it's clear they're the same person.

On the other hand, Trump literally can't finish thoughts anymore and has sycophants running the country.

Nothing Biden's shown raises a red flag if elected (besides neoliberal policies), and I think he'd be fine as a transitional President.

May age be kind to us all.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Wrong. The only thing i've made my mind up on is NOT voting for Trump. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and won't in 2020.

Once again, we have the choice between a kick in the left nut or the right nut. Either way, it's gonna suck and nobody really wants it. :twocents:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Give me 5 bees for a quarter!

It’s all a lever ruse like the old Reagan SNL skit...or this one:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am Nothing Biden's shown raises a red flag if elected...
To YOU. To anyone who isn't blinded by partisanship....

Trump is a babbling asshole. He's been a babbling asshole since day one.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am Well, it just seems like y'all are living in some sort of alternate reality.
And I don't deny a lot of us DO live in an alternate reality. To your fantasy world.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am Nothing Biden's shown raises a red flag if elected...
To YOU. To anyone who isn't blinded by partisanship....

Trump is a babbling asshole. He's been a babbling asshole since day one.
This.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I really can't compare how Biden was in the past to now because I never watched him much in the past. All I know is that when I watch him now he does not come off as having any cognitive issues. I certainly don't see any signs of dementia. I watched my Dad wither away from dementia so I feel like I know what it looks like. I don't see it in Biden at this point.

I don't see how anybody can watch something like the statement and press conference where he took questions earlier this week and think he has issues. It's just not there.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm We have reached the point where, unfortunately, the Republican Party and what we call the "conservative movement" can accurately be called "the flat Earth society." It's basically rationale people vs. people who are in a misinformation bubble.

That's a wide swath there Mrs Clinton. There are lot of conservatives and Republican's that do not follow the Trump cult.
The latest YouGov poll that provides cross tabs, conducted 9/13 - 15, has 87% of Republicans and 80% of Conservatives viewing Trump favorably. Mind you that is not job approval. That is people saying they actually have a favorable opinion of him.

At this point you pretty much have to be in cult mode to say you have a favorable opinion of Trump. No, it's not 100%. But it's pretty bad. Conservatives in general and Republicans in particular are on the wrong side of history right now. They're screwing up badly.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:32 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm

That's a wide swath there Mrs Clinton. There are lot of conservatives and Republican's that do not follow the Trump cult.
The latest YouGov poll that provides cross tabs, conducted 9/13 - 15, has 87% of Republicans and 80% of Conservatives viewing Trump favorably. Mind you that is not job approval. That is people saying they actually have a favorable opinion of him.

At this point you pretty much have to be in cult mode to say you have a favorable opinion of Trump. No, it's not 100%. But it's pretty bad. Conservatives in general and Republicans in particular are on the wrong side of history right now. They're screwing up badly.
Who are they polling? I get called quite often for polls and just say I'm not interested and good-bye.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 pm I really can't compare how Biden was in the past to now because I never watched him much in the past.
Google and YouTube are your friend John. But you're too far gone for reasonable discussion on this, so nevermind. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Biden sounds more cogent at this PA Town Hall than Trump did at his. JMO. I'm sure y'all completely disagree.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Here we are, arguing about which pile of sh!t smells better again.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:50 pm Here we are, arguing about which pile of sh!t smells better again.
Are we though? I don't really see many posts saying anything positive about Trump. Quite a few posts trying to say how good Biden is, though.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:50 pm Here we are, arguing about which pile of sh!t smells better again.
Are we though? I don't really see many posts saying anything positive about Trump. Quite a few posts trying to say how good Biden is, though.
Good point ... Here we are, arguing about which pile of sh!t doesn't smell as bad the other.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 am

Good point ... Here we are, arguing about which pile of sh!t doesn't smell as bad the other.
At least they are OUR piles of shit. :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 am

At least they are OUR piles of shit. :mrgreen:
Yup, good old-fashioned American s*** (emphasis on old). God Bless the USA. :thumb: