Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:58 am Mentioned it early in this thread that the main attack was going to be if votes were equal as they have to be.

Looks like Texas is bringing a lawsuit.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... rt+News%29
So the lawsuit says the results from those 4 states are unconstitutional? I like how the other states are already calling out Texas a publicity stunt and ridiculous. They claim there are 80k forged ballots in Ga...i'm sure the evidence is on its way. What is the injury to Texas? So what is Georgia executed their election in a certain way, how does that affect the voting rights and election results of Texas? Does Texas have the standing? Can one state say how another chooses it's electors? I'm betting the Supreme Court does nothing.

What does Texas hope to gain? Guess which ballots are "illegal"? I'm not sure how you can fairly and accurately determine that.

OR you can split the 62 EV from the four states. That still wouldn't give Trump 270.

Or a different path meaning...let the state legislatures decide?

I'm interested in what will happen and how the Safe Harbor deadline could affect this.
They wouldn't get split, they just wouldn't be counted and neither candidate would get to 270. That said I expect this Texas law suit to go nowhere.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:32 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:31 pm

No because Trump did commit an offense that merited impeachment and removal from office. The reason it didn't happen is because the Republicans controlled the Senate. Right now we are seeing just how corrupt the Republican Party is. The Republicans in the Senate were corrupt then and they are corrupt now.

There is a difference between Congress impeaching a President because of high crimes and/or misdemeanors and trying to overturn the results of a fair election.
And what pray tell was that?
He tweeted mean things.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:27 pm Though I would not put anything past the corrupt Republican Party at this point, we can hope that is holds:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... bidens-win
Other than Wisconsin, every state appears to have met the safe harbor deadline, which means Congress has to accept the electoral votes that will be cast next week and sent to the Capitol for counting on Jan. 6. Those votes will elect Biden as the country's next president.
This is ridiculous anyway. Biden won the election and it wasn't even that close. The Republican Party has now identified itself as a threat to our Democratic Republic form of of government. At this point anybody who continues to vote Republican is either horribly ignorant or willfully corrupt.
What section of the Constitution defines "safe harbor deadlines"? My understanding is the only date that matters is Jan 20.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:27 am

This isn't about fraud.

There's always going to be fraud and it should be weeded out whenever its founded and those that deal in it should be punished. But was there widespread fraud in several states to swing the election? No.

Trumps actions are about undermining our election process and sowing seeds of doubt. The pattern is so painfully obvious - because it's his usual M.O.
We had 4 years of "Trump is an illegitimate president because Russia" (looking at you jelly) with Hillary still not accepting defeat 4 years later and it's Trump that is sowing the seeds of doubt? Be serious.

When Trump exhausts his legal challenges, he'll move on to the next grift.
So he can undermine election integrity, sow distrust and doubt b/c the Democrats hurt his itty bitty feelings? Be serious. :D
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:34 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:27 pm Though I would not put anything past the corrupt Republican Party at this point, we can hope that is holds:

This is ridiculous anyway. Biden won the election and it wasn't even that close. The Republican Party has now identified itself as a threat to our Democratic Republic form of of government. At this point anybody who continues to vote Republican is either horribly ignorant or willfully corrupt.
What section of the Constitution defines "safe harbor deadlines"? My understanding is the only date that matters is Jan 20.
It's Federal law. Are Republicans* saying now that we shouldn't abide by the laws of this country?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chris Krebs is naming DiGenova, Newsmax, and the Trump campaign in a defamation lawsuit.

Are there crimes for threatening violence? Should be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

:clap:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:57 am

I lean this way too. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens with his supporters and the Republican Party.
Yeah. Because Edward Norton played a card player in a movie once, and his DAD is a prosecutor, he's now the political expert defining Trump's every move. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is a long way of Norton saying "I have zero fucking clue why Trump's doing this, but here's my conspiracy theory".
Those aren’t just Norton’s conspiracy theories. Who isn’t speculating about Trump’s endgame? CU CEO’s from Texas? WTF do they know about politics other than what they’ve been schooled on by golf pros from Washington?

Already campaigning for 2024? (I can’t believe the level of stupidity $150 million in POST election donations shows. :lol: )

Pivoting to the creation of a media empire?

Fueling up the Trump jet for an extended stay in Moscow?

Stupid enough to actually believe he won?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Pretty sure the Constitution leaves it up to Congress to establish when the Electoral College votes and when those votes are tabulated, and pretty sure that happens well in advance of the Jan 20th date.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:30 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Yeah. Because Edward Norton played a card player in a movie once, and his DAD is a prosecutor, he's now the political expert defining Trump's every move. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is a long way of Norton saying "I have zero fucking clue why Trump's doing this, but here's my conspiracy theory".
Those aren’t just Norton’s conspiracy theories. Who isn’t speculating about Trump’s endgame? CU CEO’s from Texas? WTF do they know about politics other than what they’ve been schooled on by golf pros from Washington?

Already campaigning for 2024? (I can’t believe the level of stupidity $150 million in POST election donations shows. :lol: )

I'll take "Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories" for $1,000, Alex. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:35 am
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:30 am

No! THIS time the lib fantasy/conspiracy is true AZ! Just like Russia, Ukraine, bounties on troops and emoluments.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:53 am

No! THIS time the lib fantasy/conspiracy is true AZ! Just like Russia, Ukraine, bounties on troops and emoluments.
How do you two explain his post-election behavior?

Roughly coping with a loss?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am

How about Trump is telling the truth like he has been since he was elected? He's actually been pretty good. It's the left that has gone full StOnge.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:13 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:23 pm

We had 4 years of "Trump is an illegitimate president because Russia" (looking at you jelly) with Hillary still not accepting defeat 4 years later and it's Trump that is sowing the seeds of doubt? Be serious.

When Trump exhausts his legal challenges, he'll move on to the next grift.
So he can undermine election integrity, sow distrust and doubt b/c the Democrats hurt his itty bitty feelings? Be serious. :D
Meh, he has until Jan 20 to do all the bitching and moaning he wants. I don't agree with his tact, but it should surprise no one at this point.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:14 am

It's Federal law. Are Republicans* saying now that we shouldn't abide by the laws of this country?
The elections weren't abiding by the laws of this country, and neither is immigration. So why start now?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Let's see how the Leftists defends this censorship move by big tech. :coffee:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You left out my favorite one - the Golden Shower.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:42 pm

How about Trump is telling the truth like he has been since he was elected? He's actually been pretty good. It's the left that has gone full StOnge.
:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Trump telling the truth...what is this? Opposite day? I'll admit he was targeted and he's lashed out. But to suggest Trump is an honest man is just foolish and naïve.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You forgot about the cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against US president Donald Trump, who is fighting the cabal ... :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:32 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Trump telling the truth...what is this? Opposite day? I'll admit he was targeted and he's lashed out. But to suggest Trump is an honest man is just foolish and naïve.
Hardly naive, just able to see what he is saying through his CEO-esque hyperbole. I worry about the people who can't see through it.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:45 pm

You forgot about the cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against US president Donald Trump, who is fighting the cabal ... :coffee:
I loved Trump's reply when they asked him about that. "Is that a bad thing?"
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The Supreme Court appears to have accepted Texas's case. Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:31 pm The Supreme Court appears to have accepted Texas's case. Image
I don't see them overriding the will of the voters. In fact, with their 1 line dismissal of the Pennsylvania case, I think we can infer that they won't wade into these waters. We'll see what happens after 3pm today when the 4 states respond.

I read this earlier and Ben makes an interesting point ( I know, he's a Republican turncoat b/c he dares to have an opinion).
Benjamin Ginsberg, a longtime Republican election law expert and CNN contributor, told CNN on Wednesday that he didn't think the court "for an instant" will consider taking up the case.
The GOP "used to be a party for states' rights," Ginsberg said. "I can't imagine something that is less faithful to the principle of states' rights than a Texas attorney general trying to tell other states how to run their elections."

Sen. John Cornyn, the senior Texas Republican, told CNN that "I frankly struggle to understand the legal theory of it. Number one, why would a state, even such a great state as Texas, have a say-so on how other states administer their elections? We have a diffused and dispersed system and even though we might not like it, they may think it's unfair, those are decided at the state and local level and not at the national level."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/10/politics ... index.html