Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:13 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:11 am

That's all good and all but the question was: if he evades impeachment will that mean he had nothing to do with it in your book? Its a simple question.
Your reading comprehension must be severely lacking. Read my post again, it's not really that hard to understand. Simple even. :coffee:
Answered all around it :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 am
Ganny has acknowledged that repeatedly ...

It's the pearl-clutching over how close the republic was to being toppled that reasonable people find humorous.
Yet you yourself have used the term “insurrection” here. Can’t have it both ways.
Have I? I know I've used the word sedition, maybe I've used insurrection too. An inept insurrection is still an insurrection and should be investigated regardless of whether it justified the pearl-clutching about the end of the republic.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:21 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm

Yet you yourself have used the term “insurrection” here. Can’t have it both ways.
Have I? I know I've used the word sedition, maybe I've used insurrection too. An inept insurrection is still an insurrection and should be investigated regardless of whether it justified the pearl-clutching about the end of the republic.
Is there such a thing as a spontaneous “insurrection”? Performed by unarmed housewives and truckers?

I mean, Benghazi was a “spontaneous riot”, amirite? So I guess anything is possible.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

This just in.

Trump still lost.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:20 am This just in.

Trump still lost.
:rofl:

Bill Barr throwing Trump under the bus with gusto!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:55 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Well, one thing is for sure - those arrested won't be charged by a county DA, but by a US Attorney. I'm not sure what storming the capitol and preventing the Senate from performing their Consitutionally obligated duty should be charged with. But, sedition isn't too far off. Certainly closer than the Zoom call y'all were calling sedition not long ago.
Sedition requires advanced planning to overthrow government - getting stirred up and lashing out falls far short of that. There are plenty of offenses well short of sedition that can be used (trespassing, vandalism, failure to comply with police, assault, etc) that fit the bill very nicely and would provide a fair amount of punishment for those guilty, and a whole boatload of these folks are certainly guilty of considerable offenses. But of course, if you want to continue the spiral of degradation of political discourse in this country and stamp out any and all opposition to whatever your political stance is, by all means try to work sedition into the conversation, that will be very helpful. Have you and dback considered a joint campaign, you're fitting the current political climate very nicely with your absolutism. We clearly need more of that at this moment. :ohno:
:butt:
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, and another leader of the right-wing group, were found guilty on Tuesday of seditious conspiracy for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, an important win for the Justice Department.

The verdicts against Rhodes and four co-defendants, after three days of deliberations by the 12-member jury, came in the highest-profile trial so far to emerge from the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol, a failed bid to overturn then-President Trump's 2020 election defeat.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-jury-r ... reddit.com
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 am It doesn't have to be likely to result in the toppling of the US government for it to be sedition.

by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States,
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

They did plan to prevent, hinder, and delay the certification of the electoral votes by force. They were successful in hindering and delaying the certification. That they were unsuccessful at preventing the certification doesn't really matter. That it didn't result in the toppling of the US government also doesn't matter.
Ganny has acknowledged that repeatedly ...
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 am Did people engage in seditious conduct? Absolutely.

It's the pearl-clutching over how close the republic was to being toppled that reasonable people find humorous.
You're missing the cream of the jest - the crowd for whom making mountains out of molehills is SOP just got hoist by their own petard. Make em play defense for a while :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:08 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:55 pm

Sedition requires advanced planning to overthrow government - getting stirred up and lashing out falls far short of that. There are plenty of offenses well short of sedition that can be used (trespassing, vandalism, failure to comply with police, assault, etc) that fit the bill very nicely and would provide a fair amount of punishment for those guilty, and a whole boatload of these folks are certainly guilty of considerable offenses. But of course, if you want to continue the spiral of degradation of political discourse in this country and stamp out any and all opposition to whatever your political stance is, by all means try to work sedition into the conversation, that will be very helpful. Have you and dback considered a joint campaign, you're fitting the current political climate very nicely with your absolutism. We clearly need more of that at this moment. :ohno:
:butt:
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, and another leader of the right-wing group, were found guilty on Tuesday of seditious conspiracy for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, an important win for the Justice Department.

The verdicts against Rhodes and four co-defendants, after three days of deliberations by the 12-member jury, came in the highest-profile trial so far to emerge from the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol, a failed bid to overturn then-President Trump's 2020 election defeat.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-jury-r ... reddit.com

BannonFan? Where yat bro? :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:42 pm
I feel bad for Reek. Makes a pathetic attempt to try and win an argument by digging up a post that's almost 23 months old. Completely skips over the reality that Ganny posted that on the day of the riot when no one knew that there had been any advanced planning which is an critical element when considering the context of Ganny's argument.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Kind of incredible that I came here intending to look for the 2020 election thread then found it right at the top.

Anyway, the reason I wanted it was to post something about that 2000 mules movie. A little dated at about a month old but here it is:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgi ... es-lawsuit

Here is a quote that struck me:
The widely debunked film includes surveillance video showing Mark Andrews, his face blurred, depositing five ballots in a dropbox in downtown Lawrenceville, a suburb northeast of Atlanta. A voiceover by conservative pundit and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza says: "What you are seeing is a crime. These are fraudulent votes."

In fact, a state investigation found, Andrews was dropping off ballots for himself, his wife and their three adult children, who all live at the same address. That is legal in Georgia and a state investigator said there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Andrews.
I had actually heard the audio of D'Souza saying that in that scene before. Just a reminder of how dishonest this crap is. There is a large number of people out there who look at that 2,000 mules movie and think it is legit. And here it is showing someone engaged in a completely legal act while telling the audience that it's illegal.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:48 pm

I feel bad for Reek. Makes a pathetic attempt to try and win an argument by digging up a post that's almost 23 months old. Completely skips over the reality that Ganny posted that on the day of the riot when no one knew that there had been any advanced planning which is an critical element when considering the context of Ganny's argument.
So Ganny speculated incorrectly?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:04 pm Kind of incredible that I came here intending to look for the 2020 election thread then found it right at the top.

Anyway, the reason I wanted it was to post something about that 2000 mules movie. A little dated at about a month old but here it is:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgi ... es-lawsuit

Here is a quote that struck me:
The widely debunked film includes surveillance video showing Mark Andrews, his face blurred, depositing five ballots in a dropbox in downtown Lawrenceville, a suburb northeast of Atlanta. A voiceover by conservative pundit and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza says: "What you are seeing is a crime. These are fraudulent votes."

In fact, a state investigation found, Andrews was dropping off ballots for himself, his wife and their three adult children, who all live at the same address. That is legal in Georgia and a state investigator said there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Andrews.
I had actually heard the audio of D'Souza saying that in that scene before. Just a reminder of how dishonest this crap is. There is a large number of people out there who look at that 2,000 mules movie and think it is legit. And here it is showing someone engaged in a completely legal act while telling the audience that it's illegal.
My neighbor bring one. He couldn’t wait to get me a copy. I passed, and politely said that’s not my flavor.

Thinking of putting up antifa, Bernie for Pres, and rainbow flags in my yard.

:)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:05 pm
Yes. It doesn't happen for him nearly as often as it does for you and he admits it unlike someone who just quadruples down on their erroneous speculations (trump is a fascist, alleged swing to the right, cough, cough). :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:29 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:05 pm

Yes. It doesn't happen for him nearly as often as it does for you and he admits it unlike someone who just quadruples down on their erroneous speculations (trump is a fascist, alleged swing to the right, cough, cough). :kisswink:
When you resort to insults, you’ve clearly won the argument.

(I think that’s how it works…did I get that right?)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Thanks, I didn't even remember that post, nor that I made it on the same day as the riot (and while some folks were still probably hanging out in the Capitol). But hey, give Skelly his due, he's allowed to be happy once in awhile. For someone who swung so wildly and so incorrectly about Russian collusion that we still sticky that thread in his honor, it's the little victories now. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:28 am

Thanks, I didn't even remember that post, nor that I made it on the same day as the riot (and while some folks were still probably hanging out in the Capitol). But hey, give Skelly his due, he's allowed to be happy once in awhile. For someone who swung so wildly and so incorrectly about Russian collusion that we still sticky that thread in his honor, it's the little victories now. :coffee:
A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Shocker: they all knew…

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And here’s how smart Tucker thinks his viewers are…

(From last night)

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Is this the Kraken we've been promised all this time? They finally released it!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:18 am Is this the Kraken we've been promised all this time? They finally released it!
I learned a lesson over that one. I thought Sidney Powell was a good attorney as she did a pretty good job of resolving the Mike Flynn case quickly and in his favor.

So when she said she had the goods on Dominion, I believed she had a case. In retrospect, I'm now thinking someone was feeding Powell information in regards to the Flynn case, and she's not that great of an attorney.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:22 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:18 am Is this the Kraken we've been promised all this time? They finally released it!
[/quote ]

I learned a lesson over that one. I thought Sidney Powell was a good attorney as she did a pretty good job of resolving the Mike Flynn case quickly and in his favor.

So when she said she had the goods on Dominion, I believed she had a case. In retrospect, I'm now thinking someone was feeding Powell information in regards to the Flynn case, and she's not that great of an attorney.

:mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:08 am

:lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:17 pm

We saw the Bare Naked Ladies at the Gorge in the 90’s. Wasn’t much of a fan but they were absolutely terrific entertainers. Last 10 minutes was basically an onslaught of short alt-covers played to perfection.

Have you been to the Gorge yet, ‘88? The Maryhill Amphitheater gets good acts too. Both are gorgeous.