2020 General Election

Political discussions
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13675
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Image
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15635
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SDHornet »

Maybe a fake dossier from Russia would help.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13675
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Image
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13675
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Hope they sanitized the chambers before the Basket of Deplorables were asked to leave.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Bobcat
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:05 am
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Bobcat »

Is the officer that shot that unarmed women protesting going to be charged?
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18949
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

Went to bed early thinking Republicans might show some sense and maybe a TINY bit of integrity after the events of yesterday and drop the nonsense. I can see there is no such luck.

It is mathematically over as a type. Biden has 244 electoral votes, the House is debating Pennsylvania, and the Senate has already overwhelmingly rejected the effort to object to counting Pennsylvania's vote. Even if Pennsylvania were still in doubt, there are 32 electoral votes among Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. That puts Biden at 276. Plus we already know Pennsylvania is done because of the Senate vote. That puts it at 296.

But the Republicans are once again showing why nobody should ever vote for them. If they just HAD to make a statement they should have stopped after Arizona. Once the Senate voted by 93-6 to reject the challenge to that State's vote it was clear that this is a waste of time. After what everybody in the House and Senate went through yesterday with the Trump Cult one would THINK that any sensible person would drop this nonsense. But no. I said "sensible person." We are dealing with the Republican Party.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18949
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW I've seen plenty of "whataboutism" with respect to what happened yesterday. There is no comparison. If you've been doing that, just stop. No, this is not like things like the Black Lives Matter protests. This was an assault on our seat of government. Nothing like this has happened in our history. We had an election. The incumbent lost. Then the incumbent and his allies inflamed his supporters with false claims of voter fraud. Then the President called for his followers to descend upon DC today. Then they held a rally at which he engaged in inflammatory rhetoric laced with false claims and his allies encouraged violence.

No. The "left" has never done anything like this. There is no legitimate "whatabout."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18949
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

Another BTW: I think the events of the past couple of months have provided support for an opinion I have been expressing since early in the 2015 primary election process: Trump is mentally ill. I don't think it will happen, but he should be removed from office right now so that he doesn't do anything even more whacked out than he has already done.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18949
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:03 pm Maybe a fake dossier from Russia would help.
Another Trump World myth. To this day the idea that the subject dossier was "fake" has not been established.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image
User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18949
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 pm Your God Emperor got his ass handed to him. Get over it, snowflake.
It was stolen. Prove me wrong. Should only take you about 4 years. Good luck. :coffee:
That's not how it works. If you are going to assert that an election was stolen, it is up to you to prove that it WAS. And you can't do that because there is zero credible evidence to support the proposition. At this point there SHOULD be more confidence in the 2020 election than any other election in our history because we have never had so much of an effort to show impropriety. A LOT of effort was put into it and it failed. It failed before liberal judges. It failed before conservative judges. It failed before judges Obama appointed. It failed before judges Trump appointed. It failed before Federal judges. It failed before State judges. The Department of Homeland Security said there is no evidence of a problem. The FBI said there is no evidence of a problem.

The whole "voter fraud" thing with respect to this election is absolutely ridiculous. Anybody who continues to argue that there was a problem with voter fraud that made the difference in who won is either an idiot or being willfully ignorant. It's just absurd.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4815
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by AshevilleApp »

Meme from a Facebook friend.

"Well, it's official. 2021 just told 2020 to hold its beer."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37388
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by CAA Flagship »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:50 am Meme from a Facebook friend.

"Well, it's official. 2021 just told 2020 to hold its beer."
:rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 27767
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 am Went to bed early thinking Republicans might show some sense and maybe a TINY bit of integrity after the events of yesterday and drop the nonsense. I can see there is no such luck.

It is mathematically over as a type. Biden has 244 electoral votes, the House is debating Pennsylvania, and the Senate has already overwhelmingly rejected the effort to object to counting Pennsylvania's vote. Even if Pennsylvania were still in doubt, there are 32 electoral votes among Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. That puts Biden at 276. Plus we already know Pennsylvania is done because of the Senate vote. That puts it at 296.

But the Republicans are once again showing why nobody should ever vote for them. If they just HAD to make a statement they should have stopped after Arizona. Once the Senate voted by 93-6 to reject the challenge to that State's vote it was clear that this is a waste of time. After what everybody in the House and Senate went through yesterday with the Trump Cult one would THINK that any sensible person would drop this nonsense. But no. I said "sensible person." We are dealing with the Republican Party.
This doesn't represent all Republicans. It represents the Trump infestation of the Republican party. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out in the future that Trump tried to cheat on the very same election that he is claiming fraud on.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56611
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:30 am

I thought Republicans didn't care what the "eurotrash" did...now they do? :ohno: :ohno: The GOP of yesteryear is no more.

This can all be easily remedied with evidence of wrong doing and election reform. I look forward to evidence of it. Truly - evidence and the correction that would follow would be good for the country.
Cool, we'll find it when signature verification audits are held. Oh wait, there is plenty of obstruction against that transparency.
I wonder if those signatures are subject to privacy laws and that's why Ga can't legally give the information out. :coffee: From what we have heard Trump say, going back to the summer, that any result that wasn't a Win for him was going to be fraudulent. He doesn't need to use facts or provide proof b/c his supporters blindly follow him. He says it and his supporters believe he's telling the truth. Blind loyalty and supplication is extremely dangerous, whether it's to BLM, Trump, religion, etc...And when Republican legislatures, Governors, SoS go against him - a man they've voted for and campaigned with - suddenly they aren't real Republicans and are in on the fix. C'mon. A blind man can see that for what it is. This is Trumps best (and worst) role - the Victim. He's played the victim his entire life.

Either way, there was nothing wrong. Lindsey Graham said last night that he asked for proof from Georgia and there was nothing. Asked for proof from Pennsylvania, and there was nothing. 60+ lawsuits, numerous federal judges including Trump appointed Judges, 2 cases presented at the Supreme Court...perhaps the Don is wrong. Speaking of - Graham and a whole bunch of other Republicans must now be in on the conspiracy after last night.

I've said it before - I would welcome an "independent" review of the contested results and would be happy to know if something egregious occurred. But as Mitt Romney said last night - that results of that commission wouldn't be accepted by 1/2 the country. It'd be a waste of time. Especially since the results have been recounted, some 3x, and the results are the same.

I get challenging Georgia and Arizona, traditionally Red states. But if there was such a widespread plot to steal the election, why not challenge everywhere? If Dominion was involved, why not challenge every state they are used in?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56611
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:03 pm Maybe a fake dossier from Russia would help.
Wasn't it from a former Brit intel officer? Either way, no. I don't think that'd be helpful this time. WE'll just stick to his documented words and actions.



Btw - it's a little late to be resigning and calling for his impeachment/invoke the 25th. :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13675
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10876
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 am Lol

That's funny and disheartening. Just like the stuff that Andy Ngo would tweet about the Portland rioters was funny and disheartening.
User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6822
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:21 am BTW I've seen plenty of "whataboutism" with respect to what happened yesterday. There is no comparison. If you've been doing that, just stop. No, this is not like things like the Black Lives Matter protests. This was an assault on our seat of government. Nothing like this has happened in our history. We had an election. The incumbent lost. Then the incumbent and his allies inflamed his supporters with false claims of voter fraud. Then the President called for his followers to descend upon DC today. Then they held a rally at which he engaged in inflammatory rhetoric laced with false claims and his allies encouraged violence.

No. The "left" has never done anything like this. There is no legitimate "whatabout."
Oh noes the sacred capitol stay out of the sacred capitol!

BLM is worse because they destroyed countless private property and businesses (that tend to serve black neighborhoods BTW) that will never recover.
Last edited by Pwns on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37388
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:21 am That's funny and disheartening. Just like the stuff that Andy Ngo would tweet about the Portland rioters was funny and disheartening.
It's the exact same shit. Just in a different backyard. :nod:
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 37248
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:21 am BTW I've seen plenty of "whataboutism" with respect to what happened yesterday...
You at least used to be original. Now you're just a parrot. How many times did we hear that word yesterday from CNN, MSNBC, etc.. :coffee:
Image
User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10876
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:05 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 pm
It was stolen. Prove me wrong. Should only take you about 4 years. Good luck. :coffee:
That's not how it works. If you are going to assert that an election was stolen, it is up to you to prove that it WAS. And you can't do that because there is zero credible evidence to support the proposition. At this point there SHOULD be more confidence in the 2020 election than any other election in our history because we have never had so much of an effort to show impropriety. A LOT of effort was put into it and it failed. It failed before liberal judges. It failed before conservative judges. It failed before judges Obama appointed. It failed before judges Trump appointed. It failed before Federal judges. It failed before State judges. The Department of Homeland Security said there is no evidence of a problem. The FBI said there is no evidence of a problem.

The whole "voter fraud" thing with respect to this election is absolutely ridiculous. Anybody who continues to argue that there was a problem with voter fraud that made the difference in who won is either an idiot or being willfully ignorant. It's just absurd.
John, you're full of sh!t. I don't think the election was stolen but I do think there was impropriety and that we need to be more stringent with our election security not more confident. Examples (some with proof, some without):
  • Changing of the rules for mail-in ballots by the judiciary. I understand why with COVID that made sense but it isn't the judiciary's job to make or change laws, it's the legislature's and the judiciary overstepped their bounds.
  • I think that signature checking was lax. I don't know whether this was a concerted effort or just laziness but we need to make sure that signatures match in future elections and have better processes for verifying signatures after the fact. I think it's water under the bridge for 2020 and couldn't be proven one or the other once envelopes were separated from ballots.
  • All the hinky stuff that was caught on video should be prosecuted when appropriate and procedures put in place to prevent in the future. The person who told the observers that they were done counting and then started back up after the observers left should at a minimum be barred from working any future elections in any capacity. Counting stations should have more rigorous security similar to an airport to prevent people from bringing in outside flash drives.
  • What Trump's lackey did with the USPS shouldn't be allowed.
My guess is that the hinky stuff has been going on for decades but this election really brought it to the fore. Hopefully, the attention will lead to real improvements in security.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13675
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:29 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Correct, none of the cases were adjudicated. So we have no idea how the evidence, if any, would have held up. So to claim there was no evidence is a straw man.
Can't believe I forgot, but was reminded Trump had two high powered law firms that were helping him and both quit due to threats via social media.

That certainly didn't help his cause.
And will be losing more lawyers because he "used the lawyer’s services to perpetrate a crime and the client insists upon taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant"

Image


Womp womp
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56611
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:59 pm Is the officer that shot that unarmed women protesting going to be charged?
Who knows what prompted the officer to fire - aside from that woman breaking into a federal building in an attempt to prevent duly elected Congressmen and women from certifying the election. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48937
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:21 am That's funny and disheartening. Just like the stuff that Andy Ngo would tweet about the Portland rioters was funny and disheartening.
It's the exact same shit. Just in a different backyard. :nod:
It’s literally not the same shit for loads of reasons. Let’s start with intent and location.
Image
Image
Image
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56611
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:21 am BTW I've seen plenty of "whataboutism" with respect to what happened yesterday. There is no comparison. If you've been doing that, just stop. No, this is not like things like the Black Lives Matter protests. This was an assault on our seat of government. Nothing like this has happened in our history. We had an election. The incumbent lost. Then the incumbent and his allies inflamed his supporters with false claims of voter fraud. Then the President called for his followers to descend upon DC today. Then they held a rally at which he engaged in inflammatory rhetoric laced with false claims and his allies encouraged violence.

No. The "left" has never done anything like this. There is no legitimate "whatabout."
Oh noes the sacred capitol stay out of the sacred capitol!

BLM is worse because they destroyed countless private property and businesses (that tend to serve black neighborhoods BTW) that will never recover.
The extremists on both sides are bad and shouldn't be tolerated. You're rationalizing breaking the law. It's not that the Capitol is sacred - it's a federal building where a peaceful protest was told they couldn't trespass. Those protestor became a mob, trespasses, vandalized property, caused the death of 4 people, sent 14 police to the hospital, instilled fear in those that were inside the building and for what...? Absolutely nothing.

BLM, Antifa and now MAGA are all the same - extremists. The violence and destruction in DC, Seattle, Portland, LA, Ferguson is inexcusable and we shouldn't be qualifying it by saying, " Well, BLM is worse b/c they have done more." That's bogus argument. Crime is Crime- regardless of who has committed it more or for longer. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Post Reply