Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 pm I meant the GOP stalling everything Obama wanted to do and the Dems doing the same thing with Trump. They just want to make the other side hurt. Sorry, should’ve been more clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, because we are not talking about opposing an agenda via political measures here. That should be expected to be the norm from here on out.
Sadly yes

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm
BDKJMU wrote: And how is he shitting on the country?
By immediately casting doubt on our elections simply because he’s losing. He has zero evidence to prove his claims.

He has provided no evidence to support his claims. Do you blindly accept whatever your told?

Yep, there's no evidence out there of any voter fraud, or any irregularities, at all in any swing states. :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Shucks.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

2000: Al Gore cheered by the left and MSM for contesting 1 state & not conceding until Dec 13.
2016-current day: Hillary Clinton blamed her loss on Russian interference.

2020 before the election:
-The left: Gore conceded too early in 2000.
-Hillary Clinton: Biden shouldn't concede under any circumstances...

3 days after the election the left on Trump not conceding a razor close election, citing voter fraud & irregularities: Orange Man Bad!!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 pm a razor close election
Am I wrong in remembering you calling 2016 a landslide? If you didn't, Trump sure as hell did.

This appears to be larger. Plus the popular vote.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:08 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm
By immediately casting doubt on our elections simply because he’s losing. He has zero evidence to prove his claims.

He has provided no evidence to support his claims. Do you blindly accept whatever your told?

Yep, there's no evidence out there of any voter fraud, or any irregularities, at all in any swing states. :roll:
Is there hard evidence? Or is it circumstantial evidence and speculation? Kind of like the evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election or evidence that Trump and DeJoy were intentionally sabotaging mail-in voting to suppress Donk votes.

The similarities between what the kool-aid drinkers on the alt-right and ctrl-left will believe or disregard depending on their ideology are amazing. They are mirror images of each other in so many ways.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 pm
Is there hard evidence? Or is it circumstantial evidence and speculation? Kind of like the evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election or evidence that Trump and DeJoy were intentionally sabotaging mail-in voting to suppress Donk votes.

The similarities between what the kool-aid drinkers on the alt-right and ctrl-left will believe or disregard depending on their ideology are amazing. They are mirror images of each other in so many ways.
Proving dead people voted isn't hard evidence?

Lots of anecdotal, and yes circumstantial. It will take weeks through the courts. One of the lawsuits over the last few hours.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rt-victory.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 pm a razor close election
Am I wrong in remembering you calling 2016 a landslide? If you didn't, Trump sure as hell did.

This appears to be larger. Plus the popular vote.
If it appears larger, why is it taking three days to make a decision?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm By immediately casting doubt on our elections simply because he’s losing. He has zero evidence to prove his claims.

If you have evidence the please post. Fox hasn’t provided any. The RNC hasn’t. The Trump Campaign hasn’t. You may want to share what you have with them.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

True.

Btw, Romney, Christie, and other notable R’s are calling Trump out on the fraud thing now.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm

It will take weeks through the courts. One of the lawsuits over the last few hours.
It's hard evidence of one vote. You need hard evidence of voter fraud on a massive scale. Provide it or tone down the rhetoric that you won and that the election is being stolen from you and call for a fair investigation into possible fraud. It might be Trump's last opportunity to truly be a Leader and he is once again failing miserably at it.

There is hard evidence that postal procedures were changed just before a major Presidential election. There is hard evidence that Republicans defied common sense in the name of partisan politics and prevented Pennsylvania from beginning to count mail-in ballots prior to election day despite an expected record number of mail-in ballots. There is hard evidence that Trump wanted the counting to stop on election day in states where he led.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:2000: Al Gore cheered by the left and MSM for contesting 1 state & not conceding until Dec 13.
2016-current day: Hillary Clinton blamed her loss on Russian interference.

2020 before the election:
-The left: Gore conceded too early in 2000.
-Hillary Clinton: Biden shouldn't concede under any circumstances...

3 days after the election the left on Trump not conceding a razor close election, citing voter fraud & irregularities: Orange Man Bad!!
There’s no law saying he must concede. It’s just the mature thing to do when you’ve lost.

2020 a Trump, if he concedes, blames his loss on un-verified allegations of voter fraud. Fraud which is on a scale never seen before that caused the counting to drag on and create narrow margins.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 pm Is there hard evidence? Or is it circumstantial evidence and speculation? Kind of like the evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election or evidence that Trump and DeJoy were intentionally sabotaging mail-in voting to suppress Donk votes.

Lots of anecdotal, and yes circumstantial. It will take weeks through the courts. One of the lawsuits over the last few hours.
I saw that one example. Good. Now show 10s of 1000s more.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Yep, there's no evidence out there of any voter fraud, or any irregularities, at all in any swing states. :roll:
If you have evidence the please post. Fox hasn’t provided any. The RNC hasn’t. The Trump Campaign hasn’t. You may want to share what you have with them.

Heard something about "software glitches" on counting machines in MI. I'll see if I can find a credible source.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm

It will take weeks through the courts. One of the lawsuits over the last few hours.
It's hard evidence of one vote. You need hard evidence of voter fraud on a massive scale. Provide it or tone down the rhetoric that you won and that the election is being stolen from you and call for a fair investigation into possible fraud. It might be Trump's last opportunity to truly be a Leader and he is once again failing miserably at it.

There is hard evidence that postal procedures were changed just before a major Presidential election. There is hard evidence that Republicans defied common sense in the name of partisan politics and prevented Pennsylvania from beginning to count mail-in ballots prior to election day despite an expected record number of mail-in ballots. There is hard evidence that Trump wanted the counting to stop on election day in states where he led.
It was multiple dead people.
The postal stuff was over several months. So was the back and forth over PA’s election laws. It takes days and weeks to gather evidence, collect affidavits, etc. Weeks more to be expedited through multiple court levels. In 2000 Gore litigated for 37 days, and that was 1 state.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Tom McMillin, a former state lawmaker from Oakland County and a member of the State Board of Education, told the Detroit Free Press that in his estimation both Trump and James could each receive a net gain of 4,000 to 5,000 votes. Other candidates would also be affected. And it goes much broader, potentially stretching to dozens of other counties.
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2 ... -for-biden

I have no idea how credible CBN is, but they were atop the google search.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Washington Examiner article on the same "software glitch" issue with the counts.
"In Antrim County, ballots were counted for Democrats that were meant for Republicans, causing a 6,000-vote swing against our candidates. The county clerk came forward and said, 'Tabulating software glitched and caused a miscalculation of the votes,'" Cox said in a Friday news conference. "We have now discovered that 47 counties used this same software in the same capacity."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... y-to-trump
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm

It was multiple dead people.
The postal stuff was over several months. So was the back and forth over PA’s election laws. It takes days and weeks to gather evidence, collect affidavits, etc. Weeks more to be expedited through multiple court levels. In 2000 Gore litigated for 37 days, and that was 1 state.
Multiple dead people = slightly better circumstantial evidence.

On the postal "stuff", several months is "just before" relative to the 4 years that Trump was in office. And you're nitpicking the details in order to avoid addressing the underlying issue that Trump's administration was involved in questionable activities that might sway the election.

I'm not as concerned with Trump going to court. My issue with him is his inflammatory rhetoric that he won and the election is being stolen. It's one thing to state that there are irregularities that need to be investigated before the results can be determined, it's another claim victory while simultaneously whining like a baby.

This is just another example of Trump acting like Hillary and failing to be a Leader.
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

This is the best they have...

:rofl:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:12 pm This is the best they have...

:rofl:

Well Pennsylvania is assuming that a ballot without a postmark was mailed on time, why can't Georgia assume that a vote for Pence was meant for Trump?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pennsylvania isn't counting those votes.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... k-mulvaney
:coffee:

Health reasons would be the only thing that would stop him.

He won’t be stopped over indictments for Orange Man Bad by any liberal donk state AGs trying to make a name for themselves (you can indict a ham sandwich)..but he won‘t spend a day in jail.

And if he runs for the 2024 conk nomination, there‘s no doubt he will win it..
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

On election night my wife thought Trump was definitely in. She posted her 2016 letter of resignation from the State Republican Central Committee on Facebook again talking about the Republicans embracing Trump caused her to resign her position and leave the Republican Party. Talked about how she couldn't take the Republican Party embracing a corrupt man like that.

Some of the responses she got, particularly from White Evangelical Christians, illustrate the problem we have. We have a lot of people living in total detachment from reality. Here is an example:
I see Jesus in him! He has changed and is getting more like Jesus every day! He laid his life down. He sacrificed his life, even the tremendously restored economy, family, and his personal finances! He has been truthful, kept his promises, done more than he promised, blessed Israel, protected life, protected religious liberty, so much more; yet has been judged like no president or man ever! He has passed scrutiny in business and life no one could have! Because I love you it concerns me for fellow Christians who are judging his heart:(
Remember the enemy is the father of every lie- deceiving as an angel of light! Being who he is is refreshing in a political world of sharped tongue liars! His personality traits are becoming more like Christ’s but the fruit of his labor is clearly evident! Grace and peace to him, to you and to all my fellow Christians, and to our nation!
I mean, c'mon. And that one wasn't the only one like that. These people are idiots.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/tech ... ticleShare

In one case, a 74-year-old woman in Hamlin Township, Mich., had asked for an absentee ballot for the first time in years, setting off a notice from the state’s digital voter rolls that her birth date was not on file, according to Catherine Lewis, the town’s clerk. The system had assigned the woman the default birth date: 01/01/01, or Jan. 1, 1901.