DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:05 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Wow. How could it be so wrong? I think it's accepted, at least from what I've read and heard, that a recount could show a difference of a hundred votes, give or take.

But a recount isn't going to move 1000s. :twocents:
How many fortuitous bounces have gone Trump's way vs Biden? How many times have they found uncounted ballots for Trump?
Aren't they mostly mail-in ballots at this point?
Isn't this the same man who was specifically telling his base to not use mail-in ballots?

Trump's been pretty transparent on his plan to undermine the system
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Wow. How could it be so wrong? I think it's accepted, at least from what I've read and heard, that a recount could show a difference of a hundred votes, give or take.

How many fortuitous bounces have gone Trump's way vs Biden?
I don't know what you're referring to, honestly.

Are you referring to counting the early and mail in votes that occurred and arrived BEFORE election day? Or those ballots which are legally cast and arrived within the legally allowed time frame?

Listen - I know there are bad actors in both parties. I know there's shady shit going on by both parties. I'm not oblivious to that. A lot of the hand wringing is just sour grapes. If there's evidence of misdeeds then lets see it and follow up. I know the Republicans filed a suit about a worker injecting ballots into a batch of others..or something like that.
Last edited by Ibanez on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm

How many fortuitous bounces have gone Trump's way vs Biden? How many times have they found uncounted ballots for Trump?
Aren't they mostly mail-in ballots at this point?
Isn't this the same man who was specifically telling his base to not use mail-in ballots?

Trump's been pretty transparent on his plan to undermine the system
It's a vast, Left-wing conspiracy! Maybe Trumps mail-in ballot is invalid. It was probably done in crayon.

You guys remember how Trump bragged that he was smart for taking advantage of laws and the tax code to pay little taxes? It seems American's are smart for taking advantage of early voting and mail in ballots.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm Isn't this the same man who was specifically telling his base to not use mail-in ballots?
That's the second time today I've seen something like this. Maybe he said show up, but I don't recall him ever telling his folks to not use mail in. He said he was against them because it's ripe for fraud. It IS, whether fraud took place or not. Just the fact that there have been people caught disposing of ballots tells you that. I don't think the requirements for volunteering for an election are too tough. You had people in the FBI who were caught talking about a contingency plan against Trump in 2016. Pretty sure those people are usually more reliable than election volunteers.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:20 pm My dad and uncle grew up in Bayonne, NJ, across the street from a guy who went on to become a NJ labor leader/mobster very active in Hudson County and state politics.

My uncle knew this pretty well because they were the same age and went to school together all through high school.

Any way, years later, my uncle ran into him leaving a polling place on election day. So my uncle asked his old classmate why it took the voting precincts in that area to report vote counts.

So the guy replied: "Come on. We gotta know how many votes we need before we report." :lol:

If you think the vote counting after-the-fact is on the up and up, you're dreaming. It's almost comical that we are told to accept that the "mail-in vote" comes from Democrats as an explanation as to why every extended count results in enough votes to wipe out any lead less than 2% by a Republican on election night.

I saw PA AG Josh Shapiro explaining that all is well, that the vote counters were "volunteers," and I almost laughed out loud. Where I come from, those "volunteers" include many people very loyal to the labor unions, if you catch my drift. But I'm sure Philly is clean as a whistle.
It's amazing how blatantly corrupt elections in the US used to be, heck, for at least the first 170 years or so of this country. Obviously tons of crap in the 1800's, especially after Reconstruction and the sheer violence that coincided with election day, mostly in the South, but far more than you realize in the north as well. Reading an LBJ book recently and the first election for Congress he lost was when he "released" "his votes" too early, before his competitor, and he lost because the competitor knew how many votes he now needed. LBJ didn't make that mistake again and, just like JJ notes above, LBJ waited to release his votes until he knew what was needed. And that happened at least in the open well into the 1960's.

We're still so antiquated in terms of election technology. Heck, in PA you couldn't even do a recount back in 2016 (so just 4 years ago) because there were no paper copies of the ballots that were cast. No paper trail whatsoever, you hit buttons to turn on lights next to the person you wanted, hit the "cast" button at the bottom, and just hoped everything went well. When Jill Stein sued for a recount, PA said all we had were the numbers, didn't have any actual votes to recount. Pretty dubious that we decided that postmarks weren't needed on mail in ballots (that were mailed in). You have to think that is going to be looked back on as a poor decision. Even if there is no skullduggery, something like that will just feed the trolls.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:17 pm It seems American's are smart for taking advantage of early voting and mail in ballots.
:suspicious: You're smarter than this Sticky.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:17 pm It seems American's are smart for taking advantage of early voting and mail in ballots.
What? I don't instantly believe in nefarious forces at work just because my horse is losing the race.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:19 pm
DuckDuckGriz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm Isn't this the same man who was specifically telling his base to not use mail-in ballots?
That's the second time today I've seen something like this. Maybe he said show up, but I don't recall him ever telling his folks to not use mail in. He said he was against them because it's ripe for fraud. It IS, whether fraud took place or not. Just the fact that there have been people caught disposing of ballots tells you that. I don't think the requirements for volunteering for an election are too tough. You had people in the FBI who were caught talking about a contingency plan against Trump in 2016. Pretty sure those people are usually more reliable than election volunteers.
So, in other words, he's been actively discouraging the vote-by-mail system.
And encouraging his voters to show up in-person on Election Day.

And now we are supposed to be shocked on the disparity between remaining mail-in ballots for Trump vs those for Biden?

It seems pretty simple...
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:53 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:20 pm My dad and uncle grew up in Bayonne, NJ, across the street from a guy who went on to become a NJ labor leader/mobster very active in Hudson County and state politics.

My uncle knew this pretty well because they were the same age and went to school together all through high school.

Any way, years later, my uncle ran into him leaving a polling place on election day. So my uncle asked his old classmate why it took the voting precincts in that area to report vote counts.

So the guy replied: "Come on. We gotta know how many votes we need before we report." :lol:

If you think the vote counting after-the-fact is on the up and up, you're dreaming. It's almost comical that we are told to accept that the "mail-in vote" comes from Democrats as an explanation as to why every extended count results in enough votes to wipe out any lead less than 2% by a Republican on election night.

I saw PA AG Josh Shapiro explaining that all is well, that the vote counters were "volunteers," and I almost laughed out loud. Where I come from, those "volunteers" include many people very loyal to the labor unions, if you catch my drift. But I'm sure Philly is clean as a whistle.
When one party is promoting mail in voting and and another isn't, it makes sense why there would be that bias. It seems you should have some faith in the process. Otherwise, do something about it. :twocents:
I have faith in the process. The union guys always deliver enough votes to erase any lead 2% or less. I have 100% faith in that process.

I've met these guys. I've known some of these guys. They're that good.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:23 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm

What? I don't instantly believe in nefarious forces at work just because my horse is losing the race.
The complaint isn't voters taking advantage of casting their ballots via mail. That's what I'm referring to.

There may or may not be a lot of fraud, but you HAVE to admit there is SOME. USPS folks have lost jobs over this already.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:19 pm

It's amazing how blatantly corrupt elections in the US used to be, heck, for at least the first 170 years or so of this country. Obviously tons of crap in the 1800's, especially after Reconstruction and the sheer violence that coincided with election day, mostly in the South, but far more than you realize in the north as well. Reading an LBJ book recently and the first election for Congress he lost was when he "released" "his votes" too early, before his competitor, and he lost because the competitor knew how many votes he now needed. LBJ didn't make that mistake again and, just like JJ notes above, LBJ waited to release his votes until he knew what was needed. And that happened at least in the open well into the 1960's.

We're still so antiquated in terms of election technology. Heck, in PA you couldn't even do a recount back in 2016 (so just 4 years ago) because there were no paper copies of the ballots that were cast. No paper trail whatsoever, you hit buttons to turn on lights next to the person you wanted, hit the "cast" button at the bottom, and just hoped everything went well. When Jill Stein sued for a recount, PA said all we had were the numbers, didn't have any actual votes to recount. Pretty dubious that we decided that postmarks weren't needed on mail in ballots (that were mailed in). You have to think that is going to be looked back on as a poor decision. Even if there is no skullduggery, something like that will just feed the trolls.
Unless its so sophisticated that we can't tell, the levels of Tammany Hall voter fraud just don't exist. There are still attempts to suppress the vote and submit fraudulent votes, I don't deny that. The tech and the controls in place to ensure fair elections have come a long way.

I could be naïve but I don't just see the conspiracy like others do.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:23 pm

The complaint isn't voters taking advantage of casting their ballots via mail. That's what I'm referring to.

There may or may not be a lot of fraud, but you HAVE to admit there is SOME. USPS folks have lost jobs over this already.
:cry:
:lol: Read my next post - I admit that voter intimidation, frauds and suppression occurs. I'm not convinced its enough to make a difference.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:30 pm I admit that voter intimidation, frauds and suppression occurs. I'm not convinced its enough to make a difference.
Impossible to say. With some races coming down to 20,000 or fewer votes...

It could be a wash where both sides have some of each kind, but we'll never really know.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: at people thinking there wouldn't be rampant fraud caused by mail in voting.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:56 am
Baldy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:21 am
Anyone wanna tell this guy that Trump increased his support among every demographic, except white men?
Did he reach the 30% black vote predicted on these here boards?

How about indies?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lashing out at the Republicans now.

*Except Ron DeSantis. :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:55 pm Lashing out at the Republicans now.

*Except Ron DeSantis. :lol:

Jr ain't wrong, Republican politicians are pussies. I expect them to return to that when Trump is gone.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Just another example of Trump playing 4D chess. He actively encouraged his supporters to vote in person knowing that a large number of Biden supporters would vote by mail then he and his sycophants prevent mail-in votes from being counted before election day, call for vote counting to end on election day in states where he leads, dispute any results that don't favor him and then he declares himself the winner. :D
Last edited by UNI88 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Feeling good about the Wisconsin recount?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Just another example of Trump playing 4D chess. He actively encouraged his supporters to vote in person knowing that a large number of Biden supporters would vote by mail then he and his sycophants prevent mail-in votes from being counted before election day, call for vote counting to end on election day in states where he leads, dispute any results that don't favor him and then he declares himself the winner. :D
So you buy the idea that there is nothing fishy with Biden getting more votes than Obama did, with less support from minorities?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Hmmm. You're turning me all around on this. :lol: Forgot about the 4D chess.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:02 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Feeling good about the Wisconsin recount?
Recount wont change the outcome. Stuffed ballots are stuffed ballots. I called it once mail in voting was announced.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:04 pm

So you buy the idea that there is nothing fishy with Biden getting more votes than Obama did, with less support from minorities?
And that the uneducated whites flocked to Biden, especially after Trump has been vilified for four years in regards to his idiot white guy base.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:04 pm Recount wont change the outcome. Stuffed ballots are stuffed ballots. I called it once mail in voting was announced.
Sucks Democrats ignored WI, MI, and PA for their voter fraud in 2016. :ohno:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)