Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..
Biden’s numbers forced the change

His campaign is making the mistake most campaigns do in this digital age - trying to stay in front of events they tend to shoot first and aim later

But this race is tightening up and Dems are realizing that as long as the mayhem continues it will favor Trump in the aggregate. And the Biden campaign staff knows that having a 1 -2 point lead in the battlegrounds going into the debates is not where they need to be

So it’s out of the basement and off to Kenosha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 am
BDKJMU wrote:The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..

His campaign is making the mistake most campaigns do in this digital age - trying to stay in front of events they tend to shoot first and aim later

But this race is tightening up and Dems are realizing that as long as the mayhem continues it will favor Trump in the aggregate. And the Biden campaign staff knows that having a 1 -2 point lead in the battlegrounds going into the debates is not where they need to be

Time for more gaffes. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:47 am The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..
Probably b/c Trump being there and opening his mouth will only make matters worse. Trump isn't known for his conciliatory side or bedside manner.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 am Trump isn't known for his conciliatory side or bedside manner.
He's a doofus when talking to a crowd, but from what I've seen and heard, he's pretty darn good with families and small groups.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 am Trump isn't known for his conciliatory side or bedside manner.
He's a doofus when talking to a crowd, but from what I've seen and heard, he's pretty darn good with families and small groups.
Trump also has a history of disparaging comments towards POWs/KIAs. He called Bush a loser for being shot down. McCain was one for being prisoner. He offended that gold star family in 2016 with some comment. That isn't proof that what's in the story is true however it shows that he has a tendency to think in a way that makes the Atlantic story believable.

We'll never know the truth unless there is audio/video. But even then, it won't matter because he's said similar things before and his supporters didn't care. :twocents:

I haven't seen John Kelly or anyone that might have been involved deny it, other than the WH.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I'm sticking to a third party vote. Not going with, as another poster said on another messageboard, the lesser of the same evil.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Biden looks so confused.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:47 am The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..
And neither of them took a political risk: Biden visited the victim and his supporters, while Trump met with police and burned-out business owners. Two Americas, indeed.
Yeah 2 Americas. Biden vistied the family of a guy who had an open felony warrant for sexual assault, and had convictions for domestic violence, brandishing a firearm, assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:41 pm Biden looks so confused.

I don't know what you think that shows as it cuts right after he starts talking. I've been watching him over the past few days. He does not look confused at all. In fact, people who are actually watching him over the past few days know by now that the Trump campaign schtick about him being impaired is false.

He's been answering plenty of questions from reporters and he's been doing fine while doing it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 am

I don't think there is any real trend indicated by polls in that regard. We've been having up and down variation and it's continuing. On May 12 Biden was up by only 4.4 in the RCP average. On June 23 he was up by 10.2. On August 8 it was 6.4. On August 9 it was 7.9. Now it's 7.0.

I also think people who think the debates are going to help Trump are making a very questionable assumption.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I made some graphics of the two polls I watch the most. One is the YouGov poll and the other is the ABC/Washington Post poll. I watch the ABC/Washington Post poll because I think it is the best one. A+ rated by 538 and it has 2.8 percentage point average error. The YouGov poll isn't as good. B rated with a 4.9 average error. But I watch it for trends because it is produced every week and it gives lots of cross tabs.

The periods for each polls in the images I am posting depend on what the Real Clear Politics Trump vs. Biden page shows (results presented in terms of Biden's lead over Trump).

Here's a graphic of the ABC News/Washington Post poll results going back through 6/28 through 7/1/2019:

Note that the first marker is for a polling period ending 7/1/2019. The last three are for polling periods ending 5/28/2020, 7/15/2020, and 8/15/2020.

Here's a graphic of the YouGov polls going back through one with the polling period ending 3/10/2020 (the last poling period ended 9/1/2020):

Could I ever be a star?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Probably b/c Trump only inflames instead of consoles.

Don't let facts get in the way, BDKKK. Keep being a Republican Drone.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:35 am

The only people Trump inflames are those on the left including pro BLM & ANTIFA. Biden inflames those on the right, and those of any stripe who have had businesses destroyed or been subject to the ANTIFA/BLM mob violence. Notice how Biden has never critized ANTIFA/BLM mob violence. He criticized rioting in general maybe a couple times, but not of peep of criticism of ANTIFA/BLM. Bottom line the left are hypocrites for criticizing Trump going to Kenosha, then not doing the same for Biden.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am

The only people Trump inflames are those on the left including pro BLM & ANTIFA. Biden inflames those on the right, and those of any stripe who have had businesses destroyed or been subject to the ANTIFA/BLM mob violence. Notice how Biden has never critized ANTIFA/BLM mob violence. He criticized rioting in general maybe a couple times, but not of peep of criticism of ANTIFA/BLM. Bottom line the left are hypocrites for criticizing Trump going to Kenosha, then not doing the same for Biden.
Of course they are. They are as hypocritical as the next Republican/Democratic/Barking Spider.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Biden is getting ready for the election

Link

Biden Campaign Deploys 600 Lawyers So Trump Can’t ‘Steal This Election’
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:57 pm Biden is getting ready for the election

Link

:lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:57 pm Biden is getting ready for the election

Link

This is pretty normal. Have you ever worked a poll? Poll watchers from both parties (and sometimes other parties) are at every precinct. I've never experienced it, but the lawyers show up if there's a dispute between the poll watcher and the election chief (who are simple volunteers).

Trump is the only one constantly questioning and undermining the validity of the upcoming elections, even though the actual voting process is pretty damn secure and has a ton of checks. Legalized voter suppression is what we should be angry about.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:21 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm
This is pretty normal. Have you ever worked a poll? Poll watchers from both parties (and sometimes other parties) are at every precinct. I've never experienced it, but the lawyers show up if there's a dispute between the poll watcher and the election chief (who are simple volunteers).

Trump is the only one constantly questioning and undermining the validity of the upcoming elections, even though the actual voting process is pretty damn secure and has a ton of checks. Legalized voter suppression is what we should be angry about.
Trump is the only one? Do I need to introduce you so someone named Stacy Abrams?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am The only people Trump inflames are those on the left including pro BLM & ANTIFA.
Trump inflames all of the rubes who support him. He inflames the ignorant people in that group in a way that is associated with supporting him. On the other hand, he also inflames anybody with a sense of decency. He inflames the people in that group in a way that is associated with opposing him.

He is the most divisive President of my 62 year lifetime. And the fact that a substantial minority of people in the United States supports him is a sad commentary on the quality of the US population. This thing must be defeated. It must be crushed. And, whether it's defeated and crushed this coming November, it will be.

But it'd be best if it is crushed this coming November. The longer the idiots who would do something like support Trump hold sway the worse it is for our country.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:37 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am The only people Trump inflames are those on the left including pro BLM & ANTIFA.
Trump inflames all of the rubes who support him. He inflames the ignorant people in that group in a way that is associated with supporting him. On the other hand, he also inflames anybody with a sense of decency. He inflames the people in that group in a way that is associated with opposing him.

He is the most divisive President of my 62 year lifetime. And the fact that a substantial minority of people in the United States supports him is a sad commentary on the quality of the US population. This thing must be defeated. It must be crushed. And, whether it's defeated and crushed this coming November, it will be.

But it'd be best if it is crushed this coming November. The longer the idiots who would do something like support Trump hold sway the worse it is for our country.
:nod:

Just listened to Maron interview this guy who went on a deep dive of the Q/neo-Nazi spider web.

These idiots have some sway.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/15124303 ... sung_daily
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:52 pm

:nod:

Just listened to Maron interview this guy who went on a deep dive of the Q/neo-Nazi spider web.

These idiots have some sway.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/15124303 ... sung_daily
Why do we have to go directly to Nazy Germany without stopping at Denmark? ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:37 pm He is the most divisive President of my 62 year lifetime.
We live in the most divisive time John. Obstructionist governing is where it's at.

The Governor before the current in Maryland won his election just comparing the incumbent to Bush. I'm NOT exaggerating. That was his ENTIRE campaign. And it worked. Because a majority of people want to be divided.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

He is the most divisive President of my 62 year lifetime.
Well, he certainly inflames you.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »