Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:35 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 am

Republican and Swing States are i.e. Florida.
And they'll be rife with voter fraud. :coffee:
The nation of cunts that we've become deserves no less. I already don't belive the machine count regardless of the outcome
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:49 pm

Comparing McCain/Palin to Biden/ANYBODY is like apples and oranges. At least McCain had a semblance of his wits about him. :lol:
Those wits are why he made the greatest VP pick ever made - a home run some have called it

:rofl:
And still better than the choices Biden has painted himself into a corner with... :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:52 am

Those wits are why he made the greatest VP pick ever made - a home run some have called it

Who? Palin? :(

And still better than the choices Biden has painted himself into a corner with... :nod: :nod: :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Is Oprah still in the running?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 pm

I don't think Oprah was seen running since she was about 10 years old.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 pm

I don't think Oprah was seen running since she was about 10 years old.
Doesn’t she run around with Steadman?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 am I get mail in my mailbox at least once a week that has somebody else's name and address.
Same here.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:15 am Nothing is perfect and no operation is going to run perfectly. We should all have the ability to mail in our votes...but I don't believe we should just be sending out ballots to everyone. There's plenty of time in an election year to have people go their state election commission and request a ballot (which comes with a prepaid return envelope). It shouldn't be sent out to everyone. Request it. Otherwise, go to the polls or don't vote. It's not a perfect solution but it's a start.

I also am in favor of expanding the use of vote by app. We can do our taxes, banking, stock trading, manage health care accounts, all by phone applications and it's extremely secure with various methods and levels of authentication, crypto and security designed to make sure that whoever is trying to access the account has the right to. This is something the states do not have to develop. The Iowa caucus, IIRC, was a mess b/c the app was rushed. But there are companies out there that have been doing this for at least 2 years. The states just need access to the service.

I don't believe we shouldn't do anything new or better simply because someone will try to take advantage of it. That's always going to be the case. That's always been the case. It just means we have to develop better methods and procedures to mitigate/reduce/eliminate the threats and vulnerabilities in an effort to reduce the overall risk. I say this as someone who has been in Information Security / Cyber Security Risk Management for 11 years with both the US Gov't and a major Financial Institution. :twocents: :coffee:
Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
Agreed. Absentee you have to get off your arse an make a request for the ballot. Less likely you'll get ineligible voters doing that.
Mass mail ballot to everyone based on flawed voter rolls you'll have tens of millions of ballots going to people who don't plan to vote, dead people, non citizens, felons, etc. Also multiple ballots to many people (who move alot). Others won't get ballots because addresses aren't updated, or their mail goes to the wrong address.

The Y and Z generation are just too lazy to bother with mail or go to the polls. They think they should be able to do everything on their damn phones. Bottom line though is if you can go to the store, wear a mask while physically distancing, you can go to the polls and wear a mask while physically distancing, or you can do an absentee ballot.
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4893136/ ... e-facebook

And with that, Joe Jorgensen has lost me. It's one thing to defend the right of companies to fire people at willl, it's another to defend this as a good thing in pursuit of "social justice". What an awful take, and what purpose does it even serve? Trying to get the illiberal left to come and join you?
I didn't notice her saying it's good or bad, simply that private companies are more responsive than governmental entities. She said the profit motive pushes companies to be more proactive while the government can just raise taxes if their actions result in lower revenues.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

catbooster wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:47 pm
Pwns wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4893136/ ... e-facebook

And with that, Joe Jorgensen has lost me. It's one thing to defend the right of companies to fire people at willl, it's another to defend this as a good thing in pursuit of "social justice". What an awful take, and what purpose does it even serve? Trying to get the illiberal left to come and join you?
I didn't notice her saying it's good or bad, simply that private companies are more responsive than governmental entities. She said the profit motive pushes companies to be more proactive while the government can just raise taxes if their actions result in lower revenues.
:nod: I agree but I'm waiting for an official ruling from the esteemed Ivytalk.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:45 pm

:lol: I was going to preface my comments with a disclaimer that I didn't want to step on his toes...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Jorgensen is not the only Libertarian walking a tightrope about BLM. Since Libertarians favor police reform, ending the drug war, and abolishing the doctrine of qualified immunity, it’s easy to see some parallels with BLM ( the movement, not the organization that has been hijacked by the far left). Yet she correctly criticizes the looters and street thugs who are trying to hijack the movement for other ends.

Jorgensen isn’t perfect, and she’s had a few unfortunate sound bites. I think she’s been more correct than not about the proper approach to Covid. I’m still comfortable giving her my vote.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:00 pm Jorgensen isn’t perfect, and she’s had a few unfortunate sound bites.
Also an unfortunate bat bite.
Spoiler: show
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:58 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:00 pm Jorgensen isn’t perfect, and she’s had a few unfortunate sound bites.
Also an unfortunate bat bite.
Spoiler: show
I blame the insidious Red Chinese.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:02 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:06 pm

:lol:

If I felt like fishing for a vid of a Trump supporter being attacked in public I would, but my name isn't BDK.
Don't even have to go fishing- I see them popping up all the time, like this one a few min ago.
Anti-cop 'mob' swarms Back the Blue event in Denver, bloodying several before shutting things down: reports

A large crowd of anti-cop demonstrators descended on a Back the Blue event in Denver on Sunday afternoon, blowing whistles, banging drums and, in some instances, throwing punches, forcing police to intervene before the gathering was effectively shut down early, according to reports.

The sixth annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Day event was scheduled to be held Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. at the amphitheater in Civic Center Park in Denver. It was advertised by the Pro Police Rally Colorado Facebook page.

Randy Corporon, an attorney who helped organize the "family-friendly" event involving food and live music by Becker Band, said Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen had asked him to either reschedule or move the pro-police gathering from its normal location, citing a risk that officers could be put in danger as Black Lives Matter demonstrators planned a counter-protest also at the Civic Center Park.

The sixth annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Day event was scheduled to be held Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. at the amphitheater in Civic Center Park in Denver. It was advertised by the Pro Police Rally Colorado Facebook page.

Randy Corporon, an attorney who helped organize the "family-friendly" event involving food and live music by Becker Band, said Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen had asked him to either reschedule or move the pro-police gathering from its normal location, citing a risk that officers could be put in danger as Black Lives Matter demonstrators planned a counter-protest also at the Civic Center Park.

“He was agitated that we're going to get his officers hurt,” Corporon told the Denver Post.“My response to him was that he should allow his officers to do their job and if people are down there breaking the law, to stop them. Because they'll have nothing to fear from us.”.......
https://www.foxnews.com/us/denver-back- ... nti-police
Another clash in Colorado at a Back the Blue rally with ANTIFA/BLM, this time in Fort Collins. Includes ANTFA attacking a guy in a wheel chair..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pro-police-p ... s-colorado
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hearing the Michigan gov was in Delaware speaking to Biden. Should know this week who Biden picks.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:24 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am

Agree 100% with absentee voting. It's the forced "mail a ballot to everyone" that is the issue and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not that hard to vote, anyone thinking otherwise probably doesn't vote.

Disagree about apps and even electronic machines. Leaves too much open for hacking and manipulation.
Agreed. Absentee you have to get off your arse an make a request for the ballot. Less likely you'll get ineligible voters doing that.
Mass mail ballot to everyone based on flawed voter rolls you'll have tens of millions of ballots going to people who don't plan to vote, dead people, non citizens, felons, etc. Also multiple ballots to many people (who move alot). Others won't get ballots because addresses aren't updated, or their mail goes to the wrong address.

The Y and Z generation are just too lazy to bother with mail or go to the polls. They think they should be able to do everything on their damn phones. Bottom line though is if you can go to the store, wear a mask while physically distancing, you can go to the polls and wear a mask while physically distancing, or you can do an absentee ballot.
:thumb:
I'm glad you agree with me. :mrgreen: If you want to vote - you need to make the effort. Request the ballot.

Also - go back and look at what I said about security. There's always going to be someone that figures out a flaw - but a well built architecture with regular testing can uncover most of those vulnerabilities. We have a dedicated white hat team as a security posture. :thumb: I think the public needs to be educated. Unless you live cyber security day in/ day out, you probably are not aware of the capabilities that exist. :thumb:

And unless you have dealt with certain types of companies - you will not know how they keep your data secure beyond public releases. While I have never dealt with voting machine companies in my career, a friend is the SVP of one of the top companies that provide voting machines and tech. We have had so many discussions since 2016 about this very topic. :twocents: :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:36 am Hearing the Michigan gov was in Delaware speaking to Biden. Should know this week who the DNC picks.
FYP. ;)

And it would be funny if it was the Michigan governor. Pretty much guarantees Trump will take Michigan.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:38 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:36 am Hearing the Michigan gov was in Delaware speaking to Biden. Should know this week who the DNC picks.
FYP. ;)

And it would be funny if it was the Michigan governor. Pretty much guarantees Trump will take Michigan.
God yes, let it be the Michigan governor. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:42 am

FYP. ;)

A pretty good indicator of what the Democrats will do is ask yourself the question: What is the stupidest thing we can do? :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

FYP. ;)

Yes, please let it be die Füherin Whitmer..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:55 am

Yes, please let it be die Füherin Whitmer..
Not enough melanin. Whitmer may get the nod for Covid policy czarina.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:54 am

A pretty good indicator of what the Democrats will do is ask yourself the question: What is the stupidest thing we can do? :lol:
You mean besides putting Biden at the top of the ticket? :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Baldy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:48 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:54 am

You mean besides putting Biden at the top of the ticket? :mrgreen:
Even the Dems might be capable of blowing this election. And yes, picking Biden was certainly a step in that direction. Between the Dems and the GOP it's a race to see who can be the most incompetent. And there's no clear winner, but we're certainly all the poorer for it. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I’m guessing Rice is the VP pick.

I hope it’s Lockemup Harris but I think its Rice.

Harris won’t be able to defend her actions as DA. Rice can’t defend her hawkishness on Libya and Syria, but war is ok as long as Democrats do it.

Advantage: Rice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris