kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by kalm »

Some good news for conservatives.

Evangelical Trump supporters attempting to cancel Beth Moore...

Moore: “SMITE!”
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (RNS) — For nearly three decades, Beth Moore has been the very model of a modern Southern Baptist.
She loves Jesus and the Bible and has dedicated her life to teaching others why they need both of them in their lives. Millions of evangelical Christian women have read her Bible studies and flocked to hear her speak at stadium-style events where Moore delves deeply into biblical passages.

Moore’s outsize influence and role in teaching the Bible have always made some evangelical power brokers uneasy, because of their belief only men should be allowed to preach.

But Moore was above reproach, supporting Southern Baptist teaching that limits the office of pastor to men alone and cheerleading for the missions and evangelistic work that the denomination holds dear.

“I am still a Baptist, but I can no longer identify with Southern Baptists,” Moore said in the phone interview. “I love so many Southern Baptist people, so many Southern Baptist churches, but I don’t identify with some of the things in our heritage that haven’t remained in the past.”
https://religionnews.com/2021/03/09/bib ... n-baptist/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:45 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am
Both sides embrace it. Look at all the Republicans that have been primaried (sp?) within the GOP, censored and will be primaried by other "Republicans" all b/c they don't follow around the RINOs in the party.
Agreed on both sides. That’s the irony of cancel culture being the predominant story on “conservative” news.

But I disagree on who’s leading the parade. To me it looks like MAGA is leading the parade and cancelling the “RINO’S.
Dr. Seuss is a RINO?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

"By fighting back against my cancelling of you, you're cancelling me! Gotcha!"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Georgia GOP Lawmakers Demand Removal of Coca-Cola Products From Office Amid Election Law Spat
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-gop-la ... at-1580950
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 pm Georgia GOP Lawmakers Demand Removal of Coca-Cola Products From Office Amid Election Law Spat
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 pm Georgia GOP Lawmakers Demand Removal of Coca-Cola Products From Office Amid Election Law Spat
Shades of Freedom Fries.... :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Cancel Culture promoting juco instructor fired for berating student for objecting to her description of the fuzz as having been born in the South for the sole purpose of catching escaped slaves. The language of the article is a bit over the top right-wing in parts, but I would agree that while professors SHOULD be allowed their private views, forcing those views on students is always wrong, particularly when they delve into politics....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-c ... KZyWCnQbhY

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

The GOP cancelled Cheney today. They seem to not like it when someone deviates from the group think and has beliefs of their own - and the integrity to espouse it.

This is hardly a surprise - The GOP had been going down this road for a while. They're tired of Cheney pushing back against Trump's Big Lie and won't let them move past the fact that Trump Supporters attacked Congress (something they all say they want to move past).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:56 am The GOP cancelled Cheney today. They seem to not like it when someone deviates from the group think and has beliefs of their own - and the integrity to espouse it.

This is hardly a surprise - The GOP had been going down this road for a while. They're tired of Cheney pushing back against Trump's Big Lie and won't let them move past the fact that Trump Supporters attacked Congress (something they all say they want to move past).
Basically cancelled free speech. Invasion of the Trump party snatchers is near complete.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Does Nancy Pelosi like or get along with AOC?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:56 am The GOP cancelled Cheney today. They seem to not like it when someone deviates from the group think and has beliefs of their own - and the integrity to espouse it.

The GOP is now officially a personality Cult.
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: Yeah, how dare they be able to choose their leadership. You guys can't be serious.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:11 am :lol: Yeah, how dare they be able to choose their leadership. You guys can't be serious.
It's akin to saying something negative about Obama and being called a racist. Saying you don't believe Trumps lie, you get booted. Cult of Personality and not tolerating freedom of speech.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:11 am :lol: Yeah, how dare they be able to choose their leadership. You guys can't be serious.
They removed her because her words hurt their feelings. She is one of the most conservative people in Congress but because she doesn't bend the knee and has no problem pushing back she's stripped of her leadership role.

This wasn't about choosing a leader.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I guess you guys were serious. If a Dem leader said something negative about Obama, I sure as shit would hope the DNC would remove them from leadership.

Did they remove her from Congress?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

:lol: :lol: at all the liberals crying over the ouster of Liz Cheney. Didn't know liberals loved neocon warmongers. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 am Does Nancy Pelosi like or get along with AOC?
My point being, she doesn't like AOC or her antics. Her job is to keep the D's united and focus everything negative on the R's. She doesn't talk about her non stop and take the bait everytime its offered.
Cheney, apparently, cannot stop talking about Trump. If your leader can't stop shooting down into her own troops, sooner or later, the general will remove her.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:22 am I guess you guys were serious. If a Dem leader said something negative about Obama, I sure as shit would hope the DNC would remove them from leadership.

Did they remove her from Congress?
If Obama was promoting conspiracy theories, sure.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 am Does Nancy Pelosi like or get along with AOC?
My point being, she doesn't like AOC or her antics. Her job is to keep the D's united and focus everything negative on the R's. She doesn't talk about her non stop and take the bait everytime its offered.
Cheney, apparently, cannot stop talking about Trump. If your leader can't stop shooting down into her own troops, sooner or later, the general will remove her.
That's a very valid argument. I would hope that if AOC was spreading conspiracy theories that undermine the integrity of our elections and our government, then Nancy would push back against AOC.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 am

Taking a page out of the Donk playbook.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:15 am
dbackjon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 am

For sure. At this point is just who is more ridiculous: the people that wore shirts with Obama's face or those that spend thousands to wrap their trucks, cars, boats, windows with Trumps name and image.

I think it's no contest that Republicans have been more ardent, die hard and fervent(?) supporters than Obama voters. I don't recall Obama flags. There are still Trump flags flying (even the crazy fucker in my town still drives around with his Trump wrapped car and windows flying a Trump flag out of his sun roof).

Or maybe it's just an insane amount of enthusiasm over a guy we all said was a joke years ago. I can understand enthusiasm.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:41 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am

That's a very valid argument. I would hope that if AOC was spreading conspiracy theories that undermine the integrity of our elections and our government, then Nancy would push back against AOC.
How exactly do you describe thinking retrofitting every structure in the country to be net zero within ten years?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:24 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:15 am

For sure. At this point is just who is more ridiculous: the people that wore shirts with Obama's face or those that spend thousands to wrap their trucks, cars, boats, windows with Trumps name and image.

I think it's no contest that Republicans have been more ardent, die hard and fervent(?) supporters than Obama voters. I don't recall Obama flags. There are still Trump flags flying (even the crazy fucker in my town still drives around with his Trump wrapped car and windows flying a Trump flag out of his sun roof).

Or maybe it's just an insane amount of enthusiasm over a guy we all said was a joke years ago. I can understand enthusiasm.
Really? You don't recall Obama flags? The ones that looked like Che Guvera commie flags with the "Hope and Change" emblazoned across the front?

Obama BEGAN the "Cult of Personality" presidency.....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:24 am

Really? You don't recall Obama flags? The ones that looked like Che Guvera commie flags with the "Hope and Change" emblazoned across the front?

Obama ESCALATED the "Cult of Personality" presidency.....
FYP - the cult of personality presidency started long before Obama - Reagan, Kennedy, etc. Obama took it up a notch and Trump took it up another couple of notches.

Past presidents with cult-like followings had the good sense to die or fade into the background. Unfortunately for the country, Trump is sorely lacking in good sense.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm