Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:54 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:43 am

God forbid the taxes we pay go back into providing services for the average American.

Didn't realize the point of collective governance was corporate welfare and siphoning labor value upwards. How dare I think the goal of human progress and capitalist theory is to increase quality of life and social efficiencies for all, and leave the world better for our children.
Hot damn! Trip is savage! :lol:

:clap:

Cancel culture is a new name for an old process. It occurs in everyday lives and in politics and it can come from both directions or from within. See the cancelling attempts made at RINOs.

Cancelling Trumpism (not all 74 million voters need to be cancelled) is the quickest way to prevent the internal party rift from splitting wide open into an insurmountable gash. There are already large meetings underfoot between moderate conservative power brokers on whether to split off or desperately attempt to save the party from Trumpism through coalition building.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... w--7kBg3Rc

Some of you are conflating cancel culture with only left wing authoritarianism and conflating left wing civil unrest with fascism.

My advice to the right...
1). Destroy the cult of Trumpism by defanging its leader first.

2). Honestly embrace real populism that engages the disenfranchised working class through policies that increase economic security.

3). Appeal to moderates at every turn. Trump won the 2016 moderate vote in states that flipped in 2020 by 10-12 points and lost it last year in the same states by 5-9 points. His performance with college educated white males was similar. This article suggests there’s still some hope for a R resurgence but yes...they’re going to have to put crazy back in the bottle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ght-think/
The last thing the right needs to be doing is taking advice from a liberal, or the WaPo..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am China holds 1T in American debt. The vast majority of it is held by you and me because we keep borrowing from ourselves and our children.

We'd have no deficit if we actually taxed wealth properly (this includes corporations, not just individuals). There's enough money going around to properly fund everything AND increase benefits. Don't worry, you're not the target in all these changes.

Also foreign aid is necessary for continued global diplomacy (ask China who's outspending us now in order to increase its influence). The investments we put into foreign nations is miniscule compared to the wealth we're returning from globalized trade. It's just that when that investment we paid into come back home, it's not going back to you and me...it goes to the corporate welfare queens.
Please explain. Show your math.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

2). Honestly embrace real populism that engages the disenfranchised working class through policies that increase economic security.

3). Appeal to moderates at every turn. Trump won the 2016 moderate vote in states that flipped in 2020 by 10-12 points and lost it last year in the same states by 5-9 points. His performance with college educated white males was similar. This article suggests there’s still some hope for a R resurgence but yes...they’re going to have to put crazy back in the bottle.

I don't understand this idea of neutralizing Trumpism by convicting Trump. Does anyone really think if Trump is convicted Trump voters will say "well the wise and great congress has spoken, I guess I was wrong about Trump". Trumpism will only get more powerful if he's convicted.

You could honestly say #2 applies to Democrats as well. Their popularity would probably improve pushing more economic liberalism and less defunding the police, school suspension racial quotas, and biological males playing women's sports.
Last edited by Pwns on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:11 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am China holds 1T in American debt. The vast majority of it is held by you and me because we keep borrowing from ourselves and our children.

We'd have no deficit if we actually taxed wealth properly (this includes corporations, not just individuals). There's enough money going around to properly fund everything AND increase benefits. Don't worry, you're not the target in all these changes.

Also foreign aid is necessary for continued global diplomacy (ask China who's outspending us now in order to increase its influence). The investments we put into foreign nations is miniscule compared to the wealth we're returning from globalized trade. It's just that when that investment we paid into come back home, it's not going back to you and me...it goes to the corporate welfare queens.
Please explain. Show your math.
Good luck. Don't hold your hand on your ass waiting for an answer. It'll grow there.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 am

Hot damn! Trip is savage! :lol:

:clap:

Cancel culture is a new name for an old process. It occurs in everyday lives and in politics and it can come from both directions or from within. See the cancelling attempts made at RINOs.

Cancelling Trumpism (not all 74 million voters need to be cancelled) is the quickest way to prevent the internal party rift from splitting wide open into an insurmountable gash. There are already large meetings underfoot between moderate conservative power brokers on whether to split off or desperately attempt to save the party from Trumpism through coalition building.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... w--7kBg3Rc

Some of you are conflating cancel culture with only left wing authoritarianism and conflating left wing civil unrest with fascism.

The last thing the right needs to be doing is taking advice from a liberal, or the WaPo..
Yeah...never mind the importance of indies and moderates and go with that...

:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:25 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 am
Well, you're not an indie or a moderate...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:28 am
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:25 am

Kalm is more moderate than a lot on here....
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CNN's Cooper compares Trump & his supporters on Jan. 6 to those that carried out genocides in Bosnia & Rwanda (800k slaughtered in 100 days)

I don’t know if I should :suspicious: or :dunce: or :ohno: . Maybe all 3...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:47 am
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Everybody is more moderate when compared to Trip, Dback, or JSO. :mrgreen:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:12 pm

Everybody is more moderate when compared to Trip, Dback, or JSO. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:07 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 am

Perhaps you missed the (hyperbole) comment? :coffee: :coffee: :dunce:
I did. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :kisswink:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Speaking of crazy, that #2 is rich, given that the left just blatantly broke it off in the working class's ASS on day ONE by cancelling the pipeline and the wall (which cost over 50,000 jobs), pushing for a $15 minimum wage (which will cost many, many jobs), encouraging migrant caravans to cross the border, driving DOWN labor costs and wages and hurting the working poor, pushing for defunding police (who are ALL union workers, BTW), raising the price of insulin BACK up and fucking over type 1 diabetics, etc., etc. Exactly how does THAT "populism" thingy work, again?
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:29 pm CNN's Cooper
IMO, as much if not more dangerous than Trump.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

New York Magazine Writer Compares ‘Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano’s Treatment To Hollywood’s Blacklisting in the 1950s
“The post simply argued (uncontroversially) that the Holocaust grew out of a hate campaign against Jews, which it then likened (controversially) to hatred of fellow Americans for their political views,” Chait wrote. “I don’t find this post especially insightful. But overheated comparisons to Nazi Germany are quite common, and, more to the point, not anti-Semitic. There is no hint anywhere in this post of sympathy for Nazis or blame for their victims.”
He added, “If you think blacklisting is only bad if its targets have sensible views, I have some bad news for you about communism.”

Chait conceded that Hollywood has the right to choose who it will work with. But “a fairer and more liberal society is able to create some space between an individual’s political views and the position of their employer.”
Thoughtful and rational opinion piece.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:17 am New York Magazine Writer Compares ‘Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano’s Treatment To Hollywood’s Blacklisting in the 1950s
“The post simply argued (uncontroversially) that the Holocaust grew out of a hate campaign against Jews, which it then likened (controversially) to hatred of fellow Americans for their political views,” Chait wrote. “I don’t find this post especially insightful. But overheated comparisons to Nazi Germany are quite common, and, more to the point, not anti-Semitic. There is no hint anywhere in this post of sympathy for Nazis or blame for their victims.”
He added, “If you think blacklisting is only bad if its targets have sensible views, I have some bad news for you about communism.”

Chait conceded that Hollywood has the right to choose who it will work with. But “a fairer and more liberal society is able to create some space between an individual’s political views and the position of their employer.”
Thoughtful and rational opinion piece.
There’s a whole bunch to unpack with this one. It reminds me of Jo Jo Rabbit.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:27 pm Image
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:23 pm
And a lot of the 47% are sticking together ostracizing the 53%. The ostracism goes both ways.
Maybe 20% are true MAGA’s. Probably around the same number will at some point magically and/or completely disassociate from Trump. The rest are low information voters who don’t really care that much or just root for Team R. Think of them as casual fans at best or tag-alongs who don’t like politics or talking about it.

These numbers are just my estimates and will change over time depending on future activity...but the amount of people losing relationships because they openly hate Trump will be much smaller than those who openly supported Trump.

“He’s an asshole for not supporting Nixon”...said very few ever. Trump will be viewed as worse than Nixon. :nod:
Trump = an anecephalic Nixon
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Speaking of crazy, that #2 is rich, given that the left just blatantly broke it off in the working class's ASS on day ONE by cancelling the pipeline and the wall (which cost over 50,000 jobs), pushing for a $15 minimum wage (which will cost many, many jobs), encouraging migrant caravans to cross the border, driving DOWN labor costs and wages and hurting the working poor, pushing for defunding police (who are ALL union workers, BTW), raising the price of insulin BACK up and fucking over type 1 diabetics, etc., etc. Exactly how does THAT "populism" thingy work, again?
about three dozen of which are permanent :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:46 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Looks like they’re not heeding my advice. :lol:

Maybe they should embrace cancel culture instead. From Seth Myers last night...

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:47 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:46 am

Both sides embrace it. Look at all the Republicans that have been primaried (sp?) within the GOP, censored and will be primaried by other "Republicans" all b/c they don't follow around the RINOs in the party.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:47 am

Both sides embrace it. Look at all the Republicans that have been primaried (sp?) within the GOP, censored and will be primaried by other "Republicans" all b/c they don't follow around the RINOs in the party.
Agreed on both sides. That’s the irony of cancel culture being the predominant story on “conservative” news.

But I disagree on who’s leading the parade. To me it looks like MAGA is leading the parade and cancelling the “RINO’S.