Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 pm

I'm just going on what you said. "will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election."
Referencing future elections.
RIght, but you're implying then that Trump drove away more voters than he gained/brought. So you think another candidate would have at least had a better chance of winning. I don't. I think he did drive away his share of voters, but I think he brought more people out to vote for him than would have come out for a Cruz, Rubio, Pence, you name them.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Referencing future elections.
RIght, but you're implying then that Trump drove away more voters than he gained/brought. So you think another candidate would have at least had a better chance of winning. I don't. I think he did drive away his share of voters, but I think he brought more people out to vote for him than would have come out for a Cruz, Rubio, Pence, you name them.
Not in 2020, see if anything changes in 2024, or we get Trump running again. There are better candidate than the ones mentioned. Haley, DeSantis, Noem just off the top.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:20 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 am

Then why focus on him at all? Press on with the positives that will come without Trump. She couldn't even do that.
Probably b/c everyone else is still clinging to Trump b/c they're afraid of going against him and invoking his name. As a leader, Liz felt the party should go in a different direction.
And most of R party don’t believe the party should go in a different direction from everything the Trump admin accomplished or advocated. “Go in a different direction” would be tax increases, open borders, liberal judges, more regulation, America 2nd, etc, etc..”Go in a different direction” is what we’re getting with Biden..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:44 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 am
:rofl: Boy, are you wrong. :rofl: :rofl:

https://apnews.com/article/ny-state-wir ... 720a9fc70a

The GOP is going in one direction and Liz was vocal about it being the wrong direction. I get that. Doesn't make it any less ironic that she was cancelled for speaking out against Trump. If she was so horrible at her job why wasn't she kicked out in February or any other time since 2019.

Oh yeah..the calls to remove her only came once she began criticize Trump.
Should have been more clear, I was talking voting record.

And in regards to what the difference between February and now, it was that everyone was fine with Cheney speaking her mind, but to keep droning on and on over her complaints wore thin...because she wasn't doing her job.
AH. yes. I think it's something like 94 to 78, Cheney.

That's a valid point - but she wouldn't have had to keep droning on if the lies about a stolen election and other conspiracy theory nonsense wasn't being embraced and mentioned. She spoke her mind and pushed back against that BS.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:00 pm

And in regards to what the difference between February and now, it was that everyone was fine with Cheney speaking her mind, but to keep droning on and on over her complaints wore thin...because she wasn't doing her job.
AH. yes. I think it's something like 94 to 78, Cheney.

That's a valid point - but she wouldn't have had to keep droning on if the lies about a stolen election and other conspiracy theory nonsense wasn't being embraced and mentioned. She spoke her mind and pushed back against that BS.
Good for her! Now get to doing your job. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:20 am Probably b/c everyone else is still clinging to Trump b/c they're afraid of going against him and invoking his name. As a leader, Liz felt the party should go in a different direction.
And most of R party don’t believe the party should go in a different direction from everything the Trump admin accomplished or advocated. “Go in a different direction” would be tax increases, open borders, liberal judges, more regulation, America 2nd, etc, etc..”Go in a different direction” is what we’re getting with Biden..
A different direction from Trump could also be as simple as a leader with character who takes responsibility and acts like an adult.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Liz Cheney on Fox. What a trainwreck.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: And most of R party don’t believe the party should go in a different direction from everything the Trump admin accomplished or advocated. “Go in a different direction” would be tax increases, open borders, liberal judges, more regulation, America 2nd, etc, etc..”Go in a different direction” is what we’re getting with Biden..
A different direction from Trump could also be as simple as a leader with character who takes responsibility and acts like an adult.

Please identify the current leader taking responsibility for:
*gas shortage
*pipeline hack
*border crisis
*soaring inflation
*Israel under attack
*Iran flexing it’s muscles
*RussIa about to go to war agin

And don’t tell me Biden or Harris. He’s not allowed to take impromptu questions and she’s been AWOL for 50 days now since being named Border Czar.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:53 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 pm A different direction from Trump could also be as simple as a leader with character who takes responsibility and acts like an adult.

*gas shortage
*pipeline hack
*border crisis
*soaring inflation
*Israel under attack

And don’t tell me Biden or Harris. He’s not allowed to take impromptu questions and she’s been AWOL for 50 days now since being named Border Czar.
I'm not saying that Biden or Harris is that kind of leader, I'm saying that going "in a different direction from the Trump admin" doesn't have to be about policy but could be about character and leadership. Many of Trump's policies were great but he was beyond lacking in character, integrity and leadership.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 pm

*gas shortage
*pipeline hack
*border crisis
*soaring inflation
*Israel under attack

I'm not saying that Biden or Harris is that kind of leader, I'm saying that going "in a different direction from the Trump admin" doesn't have to be about policy but could be about character and leadership. Many of Trump's policies were great but he was beyond lacking in character, integrity and leadership.
So instead we replaced him and Pence with a couple of bozos who have neither character, leadership, integrity OR good policies.

Brilliant.

America deserves everything that happens to it over the next four years.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 pm

So instead we replaced him and Pence with a couple of bozos who have neither character, leadership, integrity OR good policies.

Brilliant.

Replaced a couple of bozo's with a couple of bozo's.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 am
:rofl: Boy, are you wrong. :rofl: :rofl:

https://apnews.com/article/ny-state-wir ... 720a9fc70a

The GOP is going in one direction and Liz was vocal about it being the wrong direction. I get that. Doesn't make it any less ironic that she was cancelled for speaking out against Trump. If she was so horrible at her job why wasn't she kicked out in February or any other time since 2019.

Oh yeah..the calls to remove her only came once she began criticize Trump.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 pm A different direction from Trump could also be as simple as a leader with character who takes responsibility and acts like an adult.

*gas shortage
*pipeline hack
*border crisis
*soaring inflation
*Israel under attack

Why/how is it Biden's responsibility that Israel is under attack and that a private company was hacked? It's Biden's responsibility that every one here with Trump bumper stickers is panic buying gas? :suspicious: Border crisis, Iran, Inflation (to a point) I can see your point. Not sure what Biden has to do with Russia since Trump spent 4 years sucking Vlads cock.

But if you're expecting a leader to take responsibility, please ID when Trump took it for
Solar winds
The so-called rigged 2020 Election
Wildfires
Coronavirus response
Kobe's Death
Race Protests and Riots

C'mon - you're buying into the idea that "my party can act like dipshits and elect horrible people but YOUR party better act right and be pure." Let's put them all on the same playing field and judge them equally.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Brilliant.

Biden could announce today that he's going to expand 2A and overturn Roe and Republicans would bitch and moan about it. It's lose-lose for any POTUS these days.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:21 am

*gas shortage
*pipeline hack
*border crisis
*soaring inflation
*Israel under attack

Why/how is it Biden's responsibility that Israel is under attack and that a private company was hacked? It's Biden's responsibility that every one here with Trump bumper stickers is panic buying gas? :suspicious: Border crisis, Iran, Inflation (to a point) I can see your point. Not sure what Biden has to do with Russia since Trump spent 4 years sucking Vlads cock.

But if you're expecting a leader to take responsibility, please ID when Trump took it for
Solar winds
Wildfires
Coronavirus response
Kobe's Death
Race Protests and Riots

C'mon - you're buying into the idea that "my party can act like dipshits and elect horrible people but YOUR party better act right and be pure." Let's put them all on the same playing field and judge them equally.
Meh. Bottom line is the Biden* admin is viewed as weak, hence all the worldwide conflicts going on. Things seemed to unravel pretty fast in the first 100 days. That says a lot.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 am

Solar winds
Wildfires
Coronavirus response
Kobe's Death
Race Protests and Riots

Meh. Bottom line is the Biden* admin is viewed as weak, hence all the worldwide conflicts going on. Things seemed to unravel pretty fast in the first 100 days. That says a lot.
Weak or feeble? :mrgreen: :kisswink:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 am Meh. Bottom line is the Biden* admin is viewed as weak, hence all the worldwide conflicts going on. Things seemed to unravel pretty fast in the first 100 days. That says a lot.
That's how I see it. He's proud of looking good to our allies (like they would leave us) but doesn't care that our enemies see an opportunity.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:14 am

In Bidens* case, it's both.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:18 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:14 am

In Bidens* case, it's both.
:lol: Grandpa just needs his morning coffee
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Solar winds
Wildfires
Coronavirus response
Kobe's Death
Race Protests and Riots

Too nuanced for Ibanez. He’s the new Klammy....
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 am

Brilliant.

Biden could announce today that he's going to expand 2A and overturn Roe and Republicans would bitch and moan about it. It's lose-lose for any POTUS these days.
No, it’s not. And you can say shit like that because you KNOW it won’t ever happen. If it DID, I’d have a different opinion of him. But that’s such a straw man argument as to be almost comical.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 am Biden could announce today that he's going to expand 2A and overturn Roe and Republicans would bitch and moan about it. It's lose-lose for any POTUS these days.
I think you chose two that wouldn't get booed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 am Biden could announce today that he's going to expand 2A and overturn Roe and Republicans would bitch and moan about it. It's lose-lose for any POTUS these days.
How about eliminate the minimum wage and social security?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:50 am
89Hen wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:50 am
How about eliminate the minimum wage and social security?
I’d be fine with both of those as well. Very, very few people make the minimum wage anyways. Salary should NOT be a function of the government. Nor should saving for retirement.

We’re starting to build a platform i could get behind!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Too nuanced for Ibanez. He’s the new Klammy....
:tothehand: