Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am

Neither of your statements negate the fact she was supposed to show that Republicans have better ideas than Biden, but she couldn't stop talking about Trump. A guy who is no longer President.
What if she thought that the time for Trump had passed and she was fighting against his influence on the party? The guy lost, he's a loser. How does he feel about losers? Isn't it time to move on?
Then why focus on him at all? Press on with the positives that will come without Trump. She couldn't even do that.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 am
What if she thought that the time for Trump had passed and she was fighting against his influence on the party? The guy lost, he's a loser. How does he feel about losers? Isn't it time to move on?
Then why focus on him at all? Press on with the positives that will come without Trump. She couldn't even do that.
Because he's a pied piper and she's trying to save the rats. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:53 am

Because he's a pied piper and she's trying to save the rats. :D
:lol: :notworthy:

Good one!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Probably b/c everyone else is still clinging to Trump b/c they're afraid of going against him and invoking his name. As a leader, Liz felt the party should go in a different direction.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:08 am

Neither Biden, nor Trump represent Republican values. Trump represents Trump values. That is why Biden is in the White House.
Neither of your statements negate the fact she was supposed to show that Republicans have better ideas than Biden, but she couldn't stop talking about Trump. A guy who is no longer President.
Getting rid of the Trump factor in the Republican Party, will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election. I can see where many of her supporters would rather do it quietly, hence she is gone from a leadership position.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:20 am

Probably b/c everyone else is still clinging to Trump b/c they're afraid of going against him and invoking his name. As a leader, Liz felt the party should go in a different direction.
Was that her job? Do you allow employees under you to determine your policies?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:00 am

1) Trump isn't her employer. The residents of Wyoming are.
2) She's been pushing back against his lies and conspiracies - which sadly the GOP as a whole is embracing. So they need to silence dissent. I get it. You can't have leadership speaking truth to power when they aren't comfortable with the truth.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Therefore they should sit down and let her lead?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 am

2) She's been pushing back against his lies and conspiracies - which sadly the GOP as a whole is embracing. So they need to silence dissent. I get it. You can't have leadership speaking truth to power when they aren't comfortable with the truth.
I wasn't talking about Trump, I was talking about you. Do you let people under you decide your policy?

You do know Stefanik aligned with Trump even less than Cheney. This isn't about fealty to Trump. It's about doing the job you were asked to do.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 am

Therefore they should sit down and let her lead?
Sorry, could you rephrase that? Not understanding what you are asking or stating.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

I wasn't talking about Trump, I was talking about you. Do you let people under you decide your policy?

You do know Stefanik aligned with Trump even less than Cheney. This isn't about fealty to Trump. It's about doing the job you were asked to do.
So you agree then that is not about conservative leadership but simply a Trump loyalty test?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 am

So you agree then that is not about conservative leadership but simply a Trump loyalty test?
Not at all. Stefanik, the person replacing Cheney, opposed Trump way more than Cheney with her votes. It's not about who kisses Trump's ass, it's about who can go out and support Republican candidates that have better ideas than what Biden is providing.

Trump isn't running in 2022. Let's focus on who is running.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:rofl: Boy, are you wrong. :rofl: :rofl:
Today, Stefanik is one of Trump’s fiercest defenders in the House of Representatives, where her loyalty to the former president — and the support he returned — has carried the 36-year-old to the brink of becoming one of the most powerful women in Congress.
It was a Thursday night in November 2019, and Trump’s first impeachment inquiry was raging on Capitol Hill. Stefanik had emerged as a leading Trump defender in committee hearings, but on that night, she brought her message to Fox News’ Sean Hannity for the first time.

After attacking the Democrats’ case for impeachment, she asked Fox viewers to send money to a website designed to protect her from a growing wave of political attacks.

Within 15 minutes, she had raised $250,000, aides later tweeted. Several hundred thousand more flowed into her campaign by the next morning. Her team had never seen anything like it, according to people with direct knowledge of her operation who spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose private discussions.

The snowball grew the next day when Trump went on “Fox and Friends” and praised Stefanik. It grew still more weeks later when Trump singled her out during a White House event as he crowed about beating impeachment.

In total, Stefanik raised more than $13 million over that cycle, almost twice as much as the combined fundraising totals from her previous three elections. She raised an additional $2 million for Republican candidates and assembled what her office now describes as one of the five strongest donor email lists among 212 House Republicans.

She never wavered in supporting Trump again.
https://apnews.com/article/ny-state-wir ... 720a9fc70a

Republicans, however, felt that Cheney's continued comments against Trump and conflicting statements against leadership were playing in Democrats' hands and becoming a distraction.

The GOP is going in one direction and Liz was vocal about it being the wrong direction. I get that. Doesn't make it any less ironic that she was cancelled for speaking out against Trump. If she was so horrible at her job why wasn't she kicked out in February or any other time since 2019.

Oh yeah..the calls to remove her only came once she began criticize Trump.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm the ones getting their panties in a bunch over the criticism of the Conks removing Cheney
Is laughing at somebody "getting your panties in a bunch"?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:17 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm
No you don’t get it. You can't have a person in a leadership position who goes against most of their party, and whom most of their party wants removed from leadership.
Leadership isn’t always about taking popular positions.

:coffee:
It is if you want to stay in leadership.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:41 am Getting rid of the Trump factor in the Republican Party, will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election. I can see where many of her supporters would rather do it quietly, hence she is gone from a leadership position.
So you think another R candidate would have won in 2020? Because Trump lost by the slimmest of margins.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 am Oh yeah..the calls to remove her only came once she began criticize Trump.
I seem to recall, everything going south when she voted for impeaching the president.

Why was he impeached again?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:17 pm Leadership isn’t always about taking popular positions.

:coffee:
It is if you want to stay in leadership.
So keeping a job is more important then doing a it well?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:41 am Getting rid of the Trump factor in the Republican Party, will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election. I can see where many of her supporters would rather do it quietly, hence she is gone from a leadership position.
So you think another R candidate would have won in 2020? Because Trump lost by the slimmest of margins.
Who knows, I heard a lot of people say they held their nose and voted for Trump or Biden in 2020.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:09 pm
89Hen wrote: It is if you want to stay in leadership.
So keeping a job is more important then doing a it well?
If you don't keep it, you don't do it at all. Hey, sorry boss I'm not doing what you asked of me but I'm doing it well. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 am

Who knows, I heard a lot of people say they held their nose and voted for Trump or Biden in 2020.
I'm just going on what you said. "will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election."
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:28 am :lol: :lol: at all the liberals crying over the ouster of Liz Cheney. Didn't know liberals loved neocon warmongers. :lol:
:nod: Only people defending Cheney are Dems...and never Trumpers. Tells you all you need to know. :lol:

And what happened to Cheney isn't "cancel culture". :rofl: :dunce:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 am

:rofl: Boy, are you wrong. :rofl: :rofl:
Today, Stefanik is one of Trump’s fiercest defenders in the House of Representatives, where her loyalty to the former president — and the support he returned — has carried the 36-year-old to the brink of becoming one of the most powerful women in Congress.
It was a Thursday night in November 2019, and Trump’s first impeachment inquiry was raging on Capitol Hill. Stefanik had emerged as a leading Trump defender in committee hearings, but on that night, she brought her message to Fox News’ Sean Hannity for the first time.

After attacking the Democrats’ case for impeachment, she asked Fox viewers to send money to a website designed to protect her from a growing wave of political attacks.

Within 15 minutes, she had raised $250,000, aides later tweeted. Several hundred thousand more flowed into her campaign by the next morning. Her team had never seen anything like it, according to people with direct knowledge of her operation who spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose private discussions.

The snowball grew the next day when Trump went on “Fox and Friends” and praised Stefanik. It grew still more weeks later when Trump singled her out during a White House event as he crowed about beating impeachment.

In total, Stefanik raised more than $13 million over that cycle, almost twice as much as the combined fundraising totals from her previous three elections. She raised an additional $2 million for Republican candidates and assembled what her office now describes as one of the five strongest donor email lists among 212 House Republicans.

She never wavered in supporting Trump again.
https://apnews.com/article/ny-state-wir ... 720a9fc70a

Republicans, however, felt that Cheney's continued comments against Trump and conflicting statements against leadership were playing in Democrats' hands and becoming a distraction.

The GOP is going in one direction and Liz was vocal about it being the wrong direction. I get that. Doesn't make it any less ironic that she was cancelled for speaking out against Trump. If she was so horrible at her job why wasn't she kicked out in February or any other time since 2019.

Oh yeah..the calls to remove her only came once she began criticize Trump.
Should have been more clear, I was talking voting record.

And in regards to what the difference between February and now, it was that everyone was fine with Cheney speaking her mind, but to keep droning on and on over her complaints wore thin...because she wasn't doing her job.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm

I'm just going on what you said. "will bring back votes lost to Biden or third party candidates, in the 2020 election."
Referencing future elections.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Well I guess you have a point, Trump wasn't doing his job, and he was voted out.