Political discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by JALMOND »

Next stop on the Saudi backed golf tour, western Portland, Oregon.

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/saudi- ... th-plains/

Please note, if you are coming out to watch a golf event, that is fine.

If you are coming out to protest said event, I am fine with that as well.

But, if you come out to my fine area just to try to create chaos and mayhem, please stay home. I don't care what side you're on, you don't need to trash my wonderful area, then run back to your own towns, leaving me to clean up our area and our image.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:04 pm Next stop on the Saudi backed golf tour, western Portland, Oregon.

But, if you come out to my fine area just to try to create chaos and mayhem, please stay home. I don't care what side you're on, you don't need to trash my wonderful area, then run back to your own towns, leaving me to clean up our area and our image.
I’m going to protest here at my course in Cheney by NOT playing for Saudi backed money. :mrgreen:

Also…can we get the Nazi’s who were arrested in Couer d alene yesterday to keep their shit at home too?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:52 pm
JALMOND wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:04 pm Next stop on the Saudi backed golf tour, western Portland, Oregon.

I’m going to protest here at my course in Cheney by NOT playing for Saudi backed money. :mrgreen:

Also…can we get the Nazi’s who were arrested in Couer d alene yesterday to keep their shit at home too?
You mean the UHaul of Feds? I agree.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:20 pm

Cute.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Another night in riot city, USA.
Dozens of black-clad marchers roamed through the streets of Northeast Portland late Saturday, heading from Grant Park to the Hollywood district and damaging businesses along the way. The “direct action” event was advertised as a response to the overturning of Roe v. Wade on Friday.

“If abortions are safe then you aren’t either,” read one flier announcing the march. The Portland Police Bureau said the group damaged numerous businesses but it was not able to intervene

“Officers were monitoring the crowd, but did not have resources to intervene in the moment,” the bureau said early Sunday in a news release. “At the time of this event, there was an injury shooting and a stabbing in East Precinct, and a felony assault in Central Precinct. Additionally, a community festival in North Precinct was underway, an impromptu ‘dance party’ drew approximately 1,000 people to Irving Park, and they held a march and blocked traffic. There were also calls about speed racers doing stunts in various parts of Portland.”

Some members of the group vandalized Mother and Child Education Center, a nonprofit that says on its website it has offered “practical help to thousands of pregnant women in the greater Portland area since its founding in 1971.” Other businesses in the Hollywood area along Sandy Boulevard also were damaged, including a Starbucks and Bank of America….

…In the weeks since a draft of the Roe decision was leaked, several pregnancy support centers have been vandalized….
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... utType=amp
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:45 am Another night in riot city, USA.
Dozens of black-clad marchers roamed through the streets of Northeast Portland late Saturday, heading from Grant Park to the Hollywood district and damaging businesses along the way. The “direct action” event was advertised as a response to the overturning of Roe v. Wade on Friday.

“If abortions are safe then you aren’t either,” read one flier announcing the march. The Portland Police Bureau said the group damaged numerous businesses but it was not able to intervene

“Officers were monitoring the crowd, but did not have resources to intervene in the moment,” the bureau said early Sunday in a news release. “At the time of this event, there was an injury shooting and a stabbing in East Precinct, and a felony assault in Central Precinct. Additionally, a community festival in North Precinct was underway, an impromptu ‘dance party’ drew approximately 1,000 people to Irving Park, and they held a march and blocked traffic. There were also calls about speed racers doing stunts in various parts of Portland.”

Some members of the group vandalized Mother and Child Education Center, a nonprofit that says on its website it has offered “practical help to thousands of pregnant women in the greater Portland area since its founding in 1971.” Other businesses in the Hollywood area along Sandy Boulevard also were damaged, including a Starbucks and Bank of America….

…In the weeks since a draft of the Roe decision was leaked, several pregnancy support centers have been vandalized….
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... utType=amp
I used to drive through Hollywood district down Sandy from my brother’s in Ridgefield to PGA school. :ohno:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

:rofl:

They look a whole lot more like wannabe Kyle Rittenhouses than Feds. No way a crowd that young should have that many chins. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:49 pm

They look a whole lot more like wannabe Kyle Rittenhouses than Feds. No way a crowd that young should have that many chins. :coffee:
have you taken a gander at what the Feds are hiring lately? :shock: :shock: Rittenhouse would fit right in... :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:02 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:49 pm

have you taken a gander at what the Feds are hiring lately? :shock: :shock: Rittenhouse would fit right in... :ohno: :ohno:
He can always join the Navy. Make a good S4 for the Latrine Readiness Squadron :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portlanders- ... sing-crime

Yep, all peaches and cream in the land of Antifa, free drugs and liberal leadership.

Portland has seen a sharper increase in violent crime than many other major cities. Homicides in the city increased 83% from 2019 to 2020, while nationally killings increased by an average of about 30%. There were 90 homicides in the city last year, breaking the city's previous record of 66 in 1987, Oregon Public Broadcasting reported.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/democrat-run ... fect-storm

Asheville, NC following suit.
Asheville, North Carolina — Multiple local law enforcement sources who spoke to Fox News Digital laid partial blame for the deteriorating condition of a North Carolina tourist town on the city's liberal political leadership and on left-wing activists who undermine police.

"I think what you're seeing in Asheville right now is a culmination of the last several years of pulling police back and not letting them do their jobs like they're able to do," former Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan told Fox News Digital in a phone interview.

Asheville, a city of approximately 90,000 people nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Buncombe County, North Carolina, has seen a 31% surge in violent crime per 100,000 people from 2016 to 2020, according to statistics released in the spring. Asheville's growth in violent crime is nearly double that of the national average and ranks among the highest in North Carolina, where violent crime has increased 13% statewide.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

That is happening right now in Fargo. A bunch of washed out protestors and wannabe Twin City illiberals have heavily influenced the City officials and the newish Police Chief is cut from the same cloth. There are multiple gangs of juveniles here dealing drugs and being involved in shootouts with officers. One made the news here last week when they shot a person, fled and crossed into MN. Wound up being a standoff in East Moorhead by the RDO equipment dealership. Crime is way up and what used to be a rare shooting every couple of years is now happening several times a year.

We need a doubling of the force and elected officials that actually support the department (a new Police chief as well) instead of the "de-fund the police" idiots. From people I know on the Fargo PD, it sounds like our current chief is pretty much like Uvalade,TX's chief.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:31 am That is happening right now in Fargo. A bunch of washed out protestors and wannabe Twin City illiberals have heavily influenced the City officials and the newish Police Chief is cut from the same cloth. There are multiple gangs of juveniles here dealing drugs and being involved in shootouts with officers. One made the news here last week when they shot a person, fled and crossed into MN. Wound up being a standoff in East Moorhead by the RDO equipment dealership. Crime is way up and what used to be a rare shooting every couple of years is now happening several times a year.

We need a doubling of the force and elected officials that actually support the department (a new Police chief as well) instead of the "de-fund the police" idiots. From people I know on the Fargo PD, it sounds like our current chief is pretty much like Uvalade,TX's chief.
Cities and counties will forever more struggle to fill open law enforcement positions. This cat is out of the bag and there ain’t NO getting it back in.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:23 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:31 am That is happening right now in Fargo. A bunch of washed out protestors and wannabe Twin City illiberals have heavily influenced the City officials and the newish Police Chief is cut from the same cloth. There are multiple gangs of juveniles here dealing drugs and being involved in shootouts with officers. One made the news here last week when they shot a person, fled and crossed into MN. Wound up being a standoff in East Moorhead by the RDO equipment dealership. Crime is way up and what used to be a rare shooting every couple of years is now happening several times a year.

Cities and counties will forever more struggle to fill open law enforcement positions. This cat is out of the bag and there ain’t NO getting it back in.
Mainly blue (which is basically almost all cities).
Red towns and counties I would think wouldn’t have this problem.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.